Callaway GBB            20 degree hybrid

Callaway  B 21           4-PW

CBX Zipcore       48-54-58

2015 Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Vice Pro Soft 

Golf Pride 2G white

1 minute ago, fred faldo said:

not a thing, I just feel there would be a bit more workability in the 200s

I hear ya on that but my feeling is shaping shots comes more in setup  .....just my opinion......also I didn't get the T200's to work the ball.....I NEED help elevating the ball but don't care for ton of offset or larger heads....the T200 is about as big as I could look at......adding the feel component into the equation was another factor! YMMV

3 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

I hear ya on that but my feeling is shaping shots comes more in setup  .....just my opinion......also I didn't get the T200's to work the ball.....I NEED help elevating the ball but don't care for ton of offset or larger heads....the T200 is about as big as I could look at......adding the feel component into the equation was another factor! YMMV

well i will  say if your looking for help with elevation the T300s are very hard to beat, this coming from a lifelong low baller

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5

Callaway Steelhead XR   5 wood

Callaway GBB            20 degree hybrid

Callaway  B 21           4-PW

CBX Zipcore       48-54-58

2015 Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Vice Pro Soft 

Golf Pride 2G white

2 minutes ago, fred faldo said:

well i will  say if your looking for help with elevation the T300s are very hard to beat, this coming from a lifelong low baller

Combination of size, launch and feel.....T200 4-gw perfect.....but thanks for the looking out......this is a recent phenomenon......struggle(d) with long irons in particular......switched into amt red for long irons.....match made in heaven! 

• Like 1

32. 11 hdcp. 175 carry. 

Was fit into the T200 after head to head with the P790. PX LZ 6.5 for the shafts. 4-PW.  Liked the feel and turf interaction better with the T200 over the 790s. I really like the feel of the 4-7. 8-PW not as much. Those don’t have the foam like the 4-7 and for whatever reason don’t like the feel of those as much. If I had to do it again I would probably do 4-7 T200 and 8-PW T100s. I think that would be a great combo but of course feel is so personal. But if I’m being honest I probably need the help the T200 offers. Go hit them and get fit and trust the fitter would be my recommendation. 

Overall I’m pretty happy with the T200s. Now time to get my woods sorted out. 

Edited by jak77

T200 looks fantastic at address for a game improvement club. One of the few game improvement irons where the rear cavity is not visible.

They are fast and LONG but still maintain good launch, spin and descent angles. I rate highly. 

Edited by bombs
  • Thanks 1

PING G425 MAX W/ TENSEI AV RAW ORANGE X

TITLEIST TSR2 5 WOOD W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

TITLEIST TSR2 4 HYBRID W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

MIZUNO 223 5-P W/ DG 120 X100

MIZUNO T22 50-56-60 W/ DG S400

SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X7

Played them all this season, 8 handicap, hit 7 iron about 180, project x lz 6.0 shafts. 

Must admit I liked my old ap2 better, just can't beat for forged club feel. 

That being said I am currently having mine bent 2 degrees weak and having my steelfibres shafts installed, will stick with them for a while 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spike said:

Played them all this season, 8 handicap, hit 7 iron about 180, project x lz 6.0 shafts. 

Must admit I liked my old ap2 better, just can't beat for forged club feel. 

That being said I am currently having mine bent 2 degrees weak and having my steelfibres shafts installed, will stick with them for a while 

While these aren't as sweet as AP2 , do you find them close? 

I just ordered the T200s after a very short run with the T100-S. Coming from Callaway Apex I wanted more workability and fell in love with the looks/feel of the T100-S. Learned really quickly that I need forgiveness too! I’m sure others find the T100s forgiving for what they are but from my perspective they hurt my game more than they helped. After a couple of rounds my stats showed I just missed more greens...

Went back to the drawing board and the T200s were a great compromise between looks, feel and forgiveness through the set. Should have really given them more a shot in the first place but hopefully this time around I got it right!

• Like 1

Very, very short prose today.

Wifey and I played an executive course today.....cheap fees and the course reflected itimage.gif.b541114f1b40327435b6ee36eec037dd.gif

But my mind was strictly on T200s now that setup has been completed......refresh: got T200 4-gw with amt black r300......switched long irons (4-7) into amt red r300 also extending them 1/2" ; also extended short irons the same.....swingweight D2-ish throughout......I tried a pxg combo for a round quickly realizing that they weren't for me due to turf interaction primarily.

So even with the shorter course , I could still see possibilities and drawbacks to T200s.....

CONS: ******CRICKETS *******

Pros: solid feel through the bag
Great looking in the bag
Pleasant looking at address
Turf interaction isn't a concern AT ALL

The round was played under adverse conditions; winds steady at 20mph gusting upwards to 30mph......not the easiest atmosphere to try this new higher launching set!

1st hole: 140yd par 3 downwind......no warmup, unsure what to use....pull 9i and hitting a different ball to boot.....high and straight at 10ft making the putt

20201103_104737.jpg

2nd hole is a par 5 that was into and across.....had 7i from thick st.augustine rough from 140......didn't come out well but got to greenside......

3rd hole: 140yd par 3 smack into a 2-3 club wind.....again learning yardages and I hit solid 7i that ended up 20ft short

4th hole was 130 yd par 3 and hit 7i into a 2-3 club wind

5th hole was another par 5 but down and across.
Hit a nice drive but pulled 4i to the right.....not well struck but serviceable. Didn't get up n down

6th hole .....120yd into and across.
Hit prov1x into front bunker, pulled a Srixon XV out for giggles and got it about 25ft past the hole....

So now , I'm curious to see these two balls go head to head.

7th hole was 138 but downwind and now I'm thinking full bore pw.....just creeps on the front with prov1x but I missed the XV due to very poor setup

8th hole is a 155 yd par 3 across and a smidge down.....XV up first and with an 8i it flies high and true ....next up the prov1x is on the same line.....drive up to find V1x at 12ft and the XV long!

9th hole was a 400yd par 4 swirling winds.....mostly across but evidently back into .......hit 2 decent drives but XV was 8 yds further.....moved both balls to that location having 138 and hurting.....tried to flight a 7i and couldn't see where the XV ended up .with v1x I took a normal swing and saw it get just passed the pin.....drove up to find XV pin high 20ft

10th hole is the last of the par 5s......470 on card but don't think it's really that long.....hitting both again, I pulled the v1x and striped the XV ....had 165 to the pin as the crow flies ....the hole is a dogleg right with trees guarding the right. No hesitation on my part and I pull a 7i med high launch and the XV ends up 30ft past hole for an eagle look.

The rest of the round went more or less with some good swings and some mediocre swings.....tried pressing a few irons into the wind but I'm certainly seeing that this new high launch strategy has its drawbacks......I still prefer the option to a have better decent angle and just overall a much better flight I feel.

Playing again tomorrow on a my home track and ill really have a better idea of gains but I'm fully on board with team T200!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 months into t200 ownership and I'm still very happy.

One thing I've noticed is that (like most irons I guess) they perform better when you go hard at them.

I tend to get I to a habit of clubbing up and swinging a bit too easy and it's those times that they seem to stray a bit more off line and roll out further on the green.

When I go harder at them they seem to bore through air nicely and cut through wind, but have more stopping power as well.

Topped it off with my first ever eagle on the weekend, 6 iron from 175 yards. Didn't see it go in the hole due to a false front on the green, but sire enough it was in the bottom of the cup when we got up there

• Like 2

I saw a set of these in the black finish (I know, it will wear) and I’m smitten with them. First the TSi2 driver which is excellent by the way and now these. 

What other sets would you guys playing these compare them to? Currently in some Cobra forged tec irons which are decent enough but I like shiny new things. Going with the black finish limits shaft offerings so need to figure out if the AMT Black will work. 

Been looking at irons for a while now, watching every youtube video review out there made a short list of irons. Went and tried them all in 1 day on the monitor (MMC, HMB, Forged Tec, 770's, 745's, t100 (S))......Ended up finding a gorgeous set of t200's in black.

HMB = wasnt the feel I was expecting, poor feedback

MMC = Too demanding for the benefits

Forged Tec = Hottest of all the irons, clickiest, least amount of feedback

770's = Actually really liked them, would play them

745's = Best feeling of the bunch

t100S = Great feeling, Look awesome

I was handed the T200 by the guy running the monitor (titleist staffer, he plays them) and was shocked! They look almost identical to the T100S's, similar lofts, a better shaft option for me stock and felt great. More importantly, they are great feeling but forgiving at the same time. I got great numbers off of them! Im landing around 48-50* with around 6k spin on my 7 iron with a straight to baby draw flight. Can work each way and flight as needed.

I dont mind the strong lofts and I have an extremely high launch so these level that out. Im a pretty decent ball striker playing to an 8 or 9. Last 10 rounds are 78-82 but have missed a lot of greens and have to scramble my Word not allowed off.

These are more consistent than my Mav Pro's and just filthy looking. I wasnt sure about the AMT Black but so far on the range they are great. Smooth and I like the weight progression through the set. Most surprised with the 48* wedge, its really nice..working well for partial and full swings.

Play this weekend for money with them, hope the range sessions are a sing of whats coming.

***EDIT for SwooshLT***

I forgot to add. Im 46, 7 iron is 165-170 club and Index hovers 8 to 9

Edited by VA_Astra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

I ordered my set of T200 irons on November 27th. I got news from my golf shop yesterday, that they won’t be completed until December 28th. Grrrr...

I hit the demo 7-iron on the golf course with the red and then the black TT AMT stiff shaft. The black gave me a better trajectory and a tighter dispersion. 

The temperature each day was about 45*F. I carried the 7-iron 150 to 155 yards, consistently. Because I was given the demo club for three days. I truly put it through its paces. I hit shots from the fairway, rough, divots, uphill lies, downhill lies, and I shaped and flighted shots. The T200s passed the test. 

Index: 3.8

Years playing golf: 52

Edited by Moonlightgrm
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T200’s are a great iron.  Had wishon 560 forged kbs tour and needed to go graphite ( torn thumb ligament, elbow tendinitis). Was putting off last 2 years but graphite technology finally seems to have caught up.

Went to multiple fittings end of summer (CC, hot stix, pga ss), hit as many head and shaft combos (GI, players distance, cb’s) and every session t200 was a winner for me. Strangely catalyst and kbs tgi in lighter 70g weight range worked best.

ptx pro with tgi placed 2nd. 

I found a local Titleist Thursday, rep hands me T200 with tensei av white(Stiff) am2 Shaft and all I needed was 5 swings. Awesome head shaft combo. Got 6-pw, 2 flat. T100s great looking but my game(low teen HC) doesn’t need the “workability” for less forgiveness....

T200 is extremely forgiving, has sharp looking head and top line visual, great turf interaction. Need to pure it and go at it hard like @bigd231 says above to get  best performance out of them (along with that soft impact feeling), but, the forgiveness and confidence over ball are the difference maker for me.
Takes a little getting used to 1 club stronger loft(Bryson calculations pre- club selection sometimes....) but has saved me a club in the bag which I allocate to extra wedge or hybrid depending on course.

T200 iron and tensei ascending weight iron shafts (high 80’s to low 100g’s) are under the radar head and graphite shaft.  Highly recommend both.

• Like 1

I was able to hit at the range today, spend a little time on the grass too. Getting used to the feel, and the shafts...so far solid and I really like. What I cant believe is the turf interaction difference, these cut thru the grass like nothing, way more than my Mav Pros. Playing tomorrow afternoon for the first time on the course.

• Like 2

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

8 hours ago, VA_Astra said:

I was able to hit at the range today, spend a little time on the grass too. Getting used to the feel, and the shafts...so far solid and I really like. What I cant believe is the turf interaction difference, these cut thru the grass like nothing, way more than my Mav Pros. Playing tomorrow afternoon for the first time on the course.

Keep us posted!