Fuji - Anyone go from an Atmos TS 7S Black to Ventus?

I'm curious to learn from anyone else that's made the switch from the Atmos TS Black into a Ventus.  I'm currently gaming a 7S in the Black but also going through some swing changes that are likely to put me more into the X range as my SS looks to be moving up to around 115-120mph after doing some Swingspeed training.  Specifically I'd like to know what, if any improvements, you saw moving into the Ventus.

-Thanks, Todd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't played an Atmos TS Black but I have played it's predecessor, the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec, my favorite driver shaft of all time. I'd hit the Atmos but there wasn't a pennies worth of

Quick update - I got to hit the Atmos TS Black 7x at the local Titlest Thursday event in a new TSi3.  Gotta say the shaft is definitely something I could easily see myself gaming as I think about movi

Quick update - grabbed a good deal via eBay on a new Atmos TS Black 7x and put it into play Saturday after a few swings of the shaft on the range that same morning.  Going up from the 7s to the 7x was

2 hours ago, toddmanley said:

I'm curious to learn from anyone else that's made the switch from the Atmos TS Black into a Ventus.  I'm currently gaming a 7S in the Black but also going through some swing changes that are likely to put me more into the X range as my SS looks to be moving up to around 115-120mph after doing some Swingspeed training.  Specifically I'd like to know what, if any improvements, you saw moving into the Ventus.

-Thanks, Todd

I own and game an atmos ts black 7x and have hit the ventus, and honestly I couldnt see any gains. Kind if disappointing especially since so many rave about it. Different feel, thats about it, just my opinion.

ATMOS Black is a driver shaft I keep going back to. Highly overlooked since it's an older model line. I've bought/sold it 3 times now and finally I think I'm going to keep one.

I've been playing the Motore X F3 for the last few weeks, but dropped the ATMOS TS Black 6S back in today and it felt great.

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Black / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue / Mavrik Pro 3H + ATMOS TS Blue / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black / Apex 19-Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

I have an Atmos TS Black 7X in my backup driver and am considering putting that shaft into my gamer. It is the best driver shaft I've played. Like @Red4282, I didn't see the Ventus Black as an improvement. To me, the Atmos is a better feeling shaft and I am much more laser-like with it than with the Ventus Black. The Ventus Black is by no means a whippy shaft, but I feel the Atmos is much more stable.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Can’t comment on the Ventus but my swingspeed is a paltry 105 with driver and I game an atmos black TS 6x untipped which I hit great most days and feels good to me.  I do have to put a full swing on it always so currently testing a black 6s tipped .5” with loft turned down 1 deg but may just stick with the 6x at standard loft.  I also have a 7s tipped 1” in my 3 wood which is perfect for me so you should be able to handle an X easily in driver with your swingspeed.  The atmos black is smoother than other low/lows I’ve gamed and my first X. 

Specs from Fuji site show the Atmos 7s has a slightly stiffer tip and slightly softer butt than Ventus 7x which is slightly heavier. 

Model         Flex Length Weight Tip Flex Butt Flex Torque
 Atmos Black 7 S 46 74 83 74 3.0
Ventus Black 7

X

F9 9° | Fujikura Atmos TS Black 6X
Mavrik SZ 15° | Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7S 
818H2 19° | Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8S 

(Rogue 19° | Aldila Tour Green 75S)
718 T-MB 4i | DG AMT White S300 
718 AP2 5-GW | DG 120 S300 
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 | KBS Tour 125
Toulon Las Vegas | TP Mills Trad II Custom | TP Mills Softail | Machine M2A Converter 

I have played both and I think it's fair to say they are similar with some slight differences. The biggest difference to me is that Ventus Black will have a stiffer handle section. Some will like this and some won't. Likely why some are saying Ventus is less "smooth". This will also contribute to Ventus Black being slightly higher launching than Atmos Black. Both are great shafts. 

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Playing the Atmos Black 7x in a Callaway Epic Flash SZ.

I got into a new driver last year for the first time in ages. I played a Speeder 757 in my previous gamer and it’s still one of my favorite shafts. I tried almost everything you could imagine in the new driver, including the Ventus Black, but I kept getting back to the Atmos. The feel and performance matched together in the Atmos can’t be beaten for my preferences. 

Fujikura produces the absolute best shafts in the world in my opinion. I’ve been playing for nearly 20 years and almost always ended up on a Fuji product. Plus, the fact that they’re perusing the forums answering questions today proves their customer service is bar none as well. 

Good info here.  I play a Atmos Black 7x in my Cobra F9 with no complaints, but have been curious about the Ventus given all the buzz.  Sounds like I'm likely not missing too much.

Cobra F9 (9)

Cobra F8+ (14.5, 19)

Cobra Forged Tour (4-PW)

Cobra King Black (50, 54, 58)

PING Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB Black

Switched from Atmos Black TS 6X to Ventus Black 6X. No distance gains really to speak of but dispersion was much better for me personally. I also find my ballspeed is more consistent, typically within 5mph over 10-20 swings vs the Atmos which I would have much larger variance in ballspeed. But overall, two good swings with each produce nearly identical results, perhaps if any difference the Atmos being slightly lower spin. 

17 hours ago, huskerturf said:

Atmos black fit me better than the Ventus black at CC.  The Ventus Blue did raise some eyebrows though.  I still prefer the Atmos.  

Try the Atmos Blue if you prefer the atmos black over Ventus. First Atmos I tried and why I game both blue and blacks now.  

F9 9° | Fujikura Atmos TS Black 6X
Mavrik SZ 15° | Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7S 
818H2 19° | Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8S 

(Rogue 19° | Aldila Tour Green 75S)
718 T-MB 4i | DG AMT White S300 
718 AP2 5-GW | DG 120 S300 
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 | KBS Tour 125
Toulon Las Vegas | TP Mills Trad II Custom | TP Mills Softail | Machine M2A Converter 

8 hours ago, toddmanley said:

Quick update - I got to hit the Atmos TS Black 7x at the local Titlest Thursday event in a new TSi3.  Gotta say the shaft is definitely something I could easily see myself gaming as I think about moving from the 7s to the 7x.  And that TSi3 head - oh boy, go out and give it a try!

Atmos ts is very underrated!

I haven't played an Atmos TS Black but I have played it's predecessor, the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec, my favorite driver shaft of all time. I'd hit the Atmos but there wasn't a pennies worth of improvement over the 7.2 for me. However, I recently built me a new driver (after 8 years) and selected the Ventus Black 6X.

After testing several other shafts including the Tensei Pro White and Blue, the Aldila Rogue White 130, Accra TZ 5 &6, and Diamana ZF, it was narrowed down between the TZ6 and Ventus Black. Originally the TZ6 was longer by a 2.2yds over the Ventus and I bagged it over late Spring and all of summer. It was plenty long enough but I was missing fairways I wasn't accustomed to missing and my percentage was falling into the 60's which isn't my game. So after a frustratingly inaccurate round I replaced the Accra with the Ventus Black.  Over the course of the next 2 weeks my decision to change was validated by averaging 4 out of 5 fairways while maybe losing a yard or two.

As far as the feel of the Ventus vs the Atmos, there is a difference but it took me all of a range session to get over it. I still have my good ol' 7.2 in a JBeam Blackout as my backup and it is still a blast to hit sometimes but the Ventus has made driving the ball for me better than I ever have and may I add a little easier to do so as well.

• Like 2

JBeam Bullet 10*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                    Accra TZ5-85 M5
TaylorMade V-Steel 9WD       Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 6-PW                  MCI MMT-125TX (SSx1)
MIURA Tour Milled 52 56 60   MCI MMT-125TX 

Bettinardi DASS MiNOVAi Tour Prototype 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - grabbed a good deal via eBay on a new Atmos TS Black 7x and put it into play Saturday after a few swings of the shaft on the range that same morning.  Going up from the 7s to the 7x was really easy - the shaft felt really smooth and allowed me to feel that I could really go after the ball and eliminate more of the left side of the hole (which it did really well).  For now the 7s is now in rotation for my friends to try in their TM drivers.

• Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 8:03 PM, nitram said:

I haven't played an Atmos TS Black but I have played it's predecessor, the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec, my favorite driver shaft of all time. I'd hit the Atmos but there wasn't a pennies worth of improvement over the 7.2 for me. However, I recently built me a new driver (after 8 years) and selected the Ventus Black 6X.

After testing several other shafts including the Tensei Pro White and Blue, the Aldila Rogue White 130, Accra TZ 5 &6, and Diamana ZF, it was narrowed down between the TZ6 and Ventus Black. Originally the TZ6 was longer by a 2.2yds over the Ventus and I bagged it over late Spring and all of summer. It was plenty long enough but I was missing fairways I wasn't accustomed to missing and my percentage was falling into the 60's which isn't my game. So after a frustratingly inaccurate round I replaced the Accra with the Ventus Black.  Over the course of the next 2 weeks my decision to change was validated by averaging 4 out of 5 fairways while maybe losing a yard or two.

As far as the feel of the Ventus vs the Atmos, there is a difference but it took me all of a range session to get over it. I still have my good ol' 7.2 in a JBeam Blackout as my backup and it is still a blast to hit sometimes but the Ventus has made driving the ball for me better than I ever have and may I add a little easier to do so as well.

The power of VeloCore!

• Like 1

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator