Tiger Mails In Masters Menu

Greg_B

19 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

No! Heard it’s good.

I prefer very small sushi places. Places where, after you’re done, you can order a couple of more pieces and they can get them to you quickly ; )

If you go in and there are Japanese people eating at the bar in front of the chefs, you know it’s good. If not....

Absolutely.  We’re lucky. Our small town happens to have a Thai/Japanese restaurant.  Women who owns and cooks is Thai and her husband is Japanese he runs the bar and front.  So the menu has both, separate sections as if it’s two restaurants.  Well their daughters went and studied culinary arts And then went to Japan for 2 years to study there.   Came back and they added a sushi bar.  Omg.  ( yea I said omg ).   I eat spicy tuna rolls until I pop.  It’s incredible.  It hooked my wife , who had tried sushi before and hated it.  This she says “ isn’t the same thing “. She’s correct. 

it’s very odd.  One horse southern US town thats 5 hours from the ocean .... last place you’d want to order fish.  But.  I see the ups truck backup every morning to their door .  Dropping off the days fresh flown in fish and crab.  And their place stays packed.  And the take out orders non stop.   

Edited by bladehunter
An H
  • Like 4

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Absolutely.  We’re lucky. Our small town happens to have a Tai/Japanese restaurant.  Women who owns and cooks is tai and her husband is Japanese he runs the bar and front.  So the menu has both, separate sections as if it’s two restaurants.  Well their daughters went and studied culinary arts And then went to Japan for 2 years to study there.   Came back and they added a sushi bar.  Omg.  ( yea I said omg ).   I eat spicy tuna rolls until I pop.  It’s incredible.  It hooked my wife , who had tried sushi before and hated it.  This she says “ isn’t the same thing “. She’s correct. 

it’s very odd.  One horse southern US town thats 5 hours from the ocean .... last place you’d want to order fish.  But.  I see the ups truck backup every morning to their door .  Dropping off the days fresh flown in fish and crab.  And their place stays packed.  And the take out orders non stop.   

OMG???????? 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

OMG???????? 

😜isnt that how the cool  kids talk now ? 

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This is a golf not culinary event so I don't see a problem with guys choosing whatever their favorite food is, whether it be cheeseburgers of bean burritos.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

14 hours ago, One Putter said:

Bet everyone loved when Spieth won and had some Texas bbq, i know i love me some brisket.

Pecan Lodge in Dallas.  Best BBQ I've ever had in my entire life.  That's when I discovered the meat sweats were a real thing!

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

21 hours ago, tbowles411 said:

Me too.  I'm a simple guy.  And if I suddenly came into money I don't think I'd start eating super fancy food.

Yes no need for fancy food, $100 a pound Sushimi will do. 😀

As a fan of fine of Japanese food, it defiantly gets into the realm of super fancy at the right places. 

• Like 2

Mickelson said on the Shane Bacon podcast last week that all the old guys pretty much just order steaks every year so that took a little shine off the Master's dinner for me. I had always thought that everyone ate the menu provided by champion which seems more fun. Also, probably the reason you see an odd mix of items on Champions menu some years.

13 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Well, it’s Ferguson... ‘nuff said.

He (and most everyone who posted) missed the entire point.  Tiger couldn’t be bothered to do anything different from what he chose 12 years ago. Hence the mailing it in reference. I mean, give it a little effort there, Eldrick. It isn’t like it was back then and hopefully neither are you. Perhaps some Redemption Ribs with a side of Contrition Cornbread, and maybe some humble pie for dessert. 

Now Greg is vicariously expressing Tiger's point of view.   

Greg.

image.png.692eefc4a53f6de309be70310663f557.png

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Absolutely.  We’re lucky. Our small town happens to have a Tai/Japanese restaurant.  Women who owns and cooks is tai and her husband is Japanese he runs the bar and front.  So the menu has both, separate sections as if it’s two restaurants.  Well their daughters went and studied culinary arts And then went to Japan for 2 years to study there.   Came back and they added a sushi bar.  Omg.  ( yea I said omg ).   I eat spicy tuna rolls until I pop.  It’s incredible.  It hooked my wife , who had tried sushi before and hated it.  This she says “ isn’t the same thing “. She’s correct. 

Nice, blade. I believe that pretty much all raw fish, besides tuna, needs to have been deeply frozen first before served for safety reasons.

But nothing like good sushi. I don’t really eat it as much as I used to. But, back in the day, got it all the time.

The best place was called Iso. It was so popular that by 8pm, there would be a big line outside waiting to get in. So, we called it,

Iso, (stands for) I Stand Outside! 

One time, I bet a friend if he ate a big ball of wasabi, I would buy his dinner. And he ate it😂

24 minutes ago, Dr. Block said:

Haha...I learned that once myself.  Quite alarming when it happens.  I did not feel great. 

Yeah, it actually scared me a bit!  LOL

• Haha 1

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

1 hour ago, 2bGood said:

As a fan of fine of Japanese food, it defiantly gets into the realm of super fancy at the right places. 

I'm not eating a pound of it.  More like slivers of it.  LOL

Edited by tbowles411
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Nice, blade. I believe that pretty much all raw fish, besides tuna, needs to have been deeply frozen first before served for safety reasons.

But nothing like good sushi. I don’t really eat it as much as I used to. But, back in the day, got it all the time.

The best place was called Iso. It was so popular that by 8pm, there would be a big line outside waiting to get in. So, we called it,

One time, I bet a friend if he ate a big ball of wasabi, I would buy his dinner. And he ate it😂

Yep. Probably right. The sashimi I’ve ordered fresh for home  is flash frozen too.

Was just referencing a long time saying for us non coastal southerners .  Question is asked  what are you ordering  - answer is “ don’t know yet. But not fish. We’re too far from the ocean for that “.     Reason is most fish you order , even in a nice place , historically is mystery meat  from who knows where.   It’s not like the northeast which has soooo many fishermen and markets etc.  here it’s a dead zone for sea food. But. You can drive 4 hours to the Coast  and buy shrimp practically from the boat as there’s roadside stands all over.  Crazy.  But it’s true.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, tbowles411 said:

Yeah, it actually scared me a bit!  LOL

Scared is exactly how I felt.  Especially since it hit right while I was driving home from the dinner.  I blame my wife.  Two things she hid from me while we were dating: her closet vegetarianism, and her general dislike for watching sports on TV. 

We were out for an anniversary dinner and she had about 3 bites of a very nice strip steak.  I wasn't about to let that puppy end its existence being re-heated in a microwave the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Reminds me of this Chinese place we also had.  Sadly the lady has retired and whne new owners took over it’s went to hell. 

Was called  Peking kitchen.  And was literally one lady who cooked and ran it.  She had a couple grandsons who worked t deliver and wait tables.   This lady made the biggest and best homemade egg rolls I’ve ever had.  And she made spicy mustard in house.  So hot that at one point she removed it from the table because of lawsuit.  Lol.  YOu had to ask for “ special mustard “ and be approved by her to get it. The trick was real wasabi. Not the fake horseradish stuff.  It would take your breathe for a quick moment. Then had the best flavor I’ve ever had after.  I’d order just a bag of egg rolls and mustard for a ball game etc. the egg rolls were the size of a small hotdog bun.  And always so hot they’d burn you.  

true story. I have a big dude friend from high school.  Like 275 lbs big.  We went in to eat one time and ordered sat down and she brought out our food.  He ordered his usual sweet and sour chicken.  And gobbled it up.  As he waited for me to eat, the lady came back with a second plate.  Sits it down in front of him and says “ you need to eat , keep up your strength “.  Lol. To this Day we still give him that speech at meal time. ( he’s smaller now ).     She was so sweet that way.  We left a 20 on the table where we left since she refused to let him pay for the seconds.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, imakaveli said:

Bagnacauda, Tartufo Bianco d'Alba, vitello tonnato and Barolo would have been a great Autumn menu, pitty! 😉

I love Barolo, but would it pair well with those dishes? Tartufo Bianca is white truffle, isn't it? I'm not sure I'd want to drink anything while I'm eating that. And for the veal dish, I'd go with a white or rose.

I'd save the Barolo for later when everyone else has had enough and I can keep it to myself.🍷

35 minutes ago, Dr. Block said:

Scared is exactly how I felt.  Especially since it hit right while I was driving home from the dinner.  I blame my wife.  Two things she hid from me while we were dating: her closet vegetarianism, and her general dislike for watching sports on TV. 

We were out for an anniversary dinner and she had about 3 bites of a very nice strip steak.  I wasn't about to let that puppy end its existence being re-heated in a microwave the next day. 

That's two things that shouldn't be hidden in the courting stages.

That said, my wife didn't know I liked golf until after we married. I suppose that's sort of equivalent to finding out your other half is a vegetarian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

I've not heard that. From what I've heard, fresh as fresh can be is considered safe. For example, squid straight from the sea or holding tank is going to be much better than frozen then defrosted squid, and I've not heard of any safety problems with that.

Now, freshwater fish is a different matter. Japanese people don't eat many freshwater fish raw (freshwater fish sashimi is usually cured with vinegar), though there are exceptions. I've had Koi carp--not the Nishiki-koi--raw over ice, but I wouldn't eat it again.

I lived in the mountains of Japan for while, and when driving back from the city late at night would often see little special fish  trucks taking product to inland towns and villages. They had a special tank on the back with water (presumably salt water) and lots of ice which were cold enough to sort of comatose the fish. That way, the fish stayed alive and fresher.

I think those little trucks were called Katsugyosha, or "live fish cars".

Edited by No_Catchy_Nickname

14 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Well, it’s Ferguson... ‘nuff said.

He (and most everyone who posted) missed the entire point.  Tiger couldn’t be bothered to do anything different from what he chose 12 years ago. Hence the mailing it in reference. I mean, give it a little effort there, Eldrick. It isn’t like it was back then and hopefully neither are you. Perhaps some Redemption Ribs with a side of Contrition Cornbread, and maybe some humble pie for dessert. 

Greg Norman, is that you? 

• Like 1

Next time Ill complain when I attend the dinner. Haaaa haaaaa

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

And your point?

LOL, couldn’t resist! That’s what I get back when I say that to my kids. 

Oh I know.  I have a 12 year old who thinks I’m too old to live.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I really think if its your first time winning, you make an impression and have a menu that represents you. Tiger has won enough to probably just get a different selection and keep it simple to think about. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

On 10/27/2020 at 7:17 AM, Greg_B said:

With word today that the Masters Champions dinner is still on, one has to wonder how much thought Tiger put into his menu choices. I believe the menu of fajitas, sushi and sashimi, with milkshakes for dessert, is the same as he used last time he was hosting. That really doesn't sound like something befitting such a fine event. It's almost as bad as the 1998 dinner when he ordered cheeseburgers. Odd.

If his past menus are any indication it will be Fajitas. His menus have been about as plain and boring as if it was designed for 9 year olds.. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Now I'm hungry again!  LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Some otoro sashimi can easily be 10x that

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Do you mean Thai? 

8 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

Now I'm hungry again!  LOL

Hahaha. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X