ESPN College Gameday at ANGC

CCTxGolf

I’m guessing Lee Corso ( spelling ) will wear the dog head on set and yell woof ?  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Did they threaten Fred Ridley's dog?  His family?  After forcing CBS to suspend the usual tour stop/major silliness for a week after all those decades they're letting the circus onto the grounds?

Bob Jones is weeping.  Clifford Roberts may come out of the grave with his revolver still in hand.

I love The Masters.  I like College GameDay.  Never the twain should meet.

This is the devil's own 'cross promotion.'

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, Holy Moses said:

Not a bad idea to try to get non-golfer eyes on the tournament, but it seems like a very untraditional ANGC thing to do. 

Agreed, I think they could have picked another event for this and had similar outcomes. Could have had a good stop for GameDay itself as well with either Mich / Wis or LSU / Bama. 

Callaway Mavrik Driver

Titleist TS2 4w

Titleist TS2 7w

Mizuno MP20 MB 4-W

Vokey SM8 50*

Vokey SM8 55*

Taylormade HiToe 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5 

I just don’t get it. It just seems like such a left field idea. Let’s encourage people to watch Wimbledon by hosting the premier league transfer deadline day live from Centre Court.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

14 hours ago, Slona said:

Agreed, I think they could have picked another event for this and had similar outcomes. Could have had a good stop for GameDay itself as well with either Mich / Wis or LSU / Bama. 

College Gameday at the Waste Management.  That would be an atmosphere.

• Like 3

You'd think they are going to have 50,000 kids running around doing beer bongs on the putting green. I love this. Chances are they are just going to be broadcasting from the same set that ESPN uses or a similar area. Give people some shots of the course beforehand, provide a good lead in to the coverage.

Boo hoo tradition. How will you feel when the leaders are teeing off a 9 am Eastern on Sunday? Thats not too traditional, I hope the Earth doesnt fall off its axis.

With no fans this time around, ANGC has a blank slate to try any and all new ideas. New digital/app idea to allow people to follow every shot. This. Great. For decades people killed them for not trying new things - I guess I'm not surprised that they would get killed for trying new things too.

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 2

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

On 10/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, Holy Moses said:

Not a bad idea to try to get non-golfer eyes on the tournament, but it seems like a very untraditional ANGC thing to do. 

The Masters in November is untraditional in itself. I don't have a problem with it. Might be interesting. I'm already fired up about seeing how The Masters feel and looks in November. If they play in cool wet weather as we have right now.....it's going to be tough. 

• Like 1

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

18 minutes ago, bullie76 said:

The Masters in November is untraditional in itself. I don't have a problem with it. Might be interesting. I'm already fired up about seeing how The Masters feel and looks in November. If they play in cool wet weather as we have right now.....it's going to be tough. 

Add that to the fact that the first groups will be going out around 6 am on Sunday...could play really tough.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

4 hours ago, oikos1 said:

For a place so uppity about bikini wax and the term "rough", there's entertainment value in watching and waiting for the fatal faux pas.

Do tell.

This is just a guess and an observation both, but I have found some of the most snobbish people and stuffiest places are clubs where the members think they have money and something to prove.  Those clubs where it is a given that everyone has plenty of jingle and nothing to prove, are actually pretty laid back.

Nobody is inviting me to play ANGC.  There was a thread going for a while here "Is ANGC the most exclusive club?"  I contended that there is no way you can make that argument.  They open their club every year to non-member players (PGA TOur guys, a handful of ams at The Masters, and now the ladies AM event they hold), there are plenty of people who go as guests, and the monday after The Masters is all day play for the media IIRC.

They don't need me apologizing on their behalf but I don't see the harm in upholding a few traditions if your membership want that, if you are honoring the founders' intent or you just desire to have your club presented in a certain manner when shown on national (global?) television.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smashdn said:

Do tell.

This is just a guess and an observation both, but I have found some of the most snobbish people and stuffiest places are clubs where the members think they have money and something to prove.  Those clubs where it is a given that everyone has plenty of jingle and nothing to prove, are actually pretty laid back.

Nobody is inviting me to play ANGC.  There was a thread going for a while here "Is ANGC the most exclusive club?"  I contended that there is no way you can make that argument.  They open their club every year to non-member players (PGA TOur guys, a handful of ams at The Masters, and now the ladies AM event they hold), there are plenty of people who go as guests, and the monday after The Masters is all day play for the media IIRC.

They don't need me apologizing on their behalf but I don't see the harm in upholding a few traditions if your membership want that, if you are honoring the founders' intent or you just desire to have your club presented in a certain manner when shown on national (global?) television.

So what's your point?

18 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

You'd think they are going to have 50,000 kids running around doing beer bongs on the putting green. I love this.

Boo hoo tradition. How will you feel when the leaders are teeing off a 9 am Eastern on Sunday? Thats not too traditional, I hope the Earth doesnt fall off its axis.

Great points DC. There are no spectators at ANGC this fall. For the Masters event or the College Gameday show. The ESPN Gameday crew is going to have a small presence set that Saturday morning from 9am to Noon out of the way at the Par 3 course that will not interfere with the 3rd round telecast. FCS it's not like ESPN will have the Gameday crew in the middle of the 1st fairway during the 3rd round.

Final round is scheduled to end at 2:30 pm this year using double tees on Sunday. Barring weather that places the final groups teeing off around 10-10:30am.

Guessing the folks here that have the attention span of a goldfish forget about the final round last year and when the players teed off with split tees and how early they were.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-masters-tee-times

As of now the 1st, 2nd and 4th rounds of the 2020 Masters will use split tees with single teeing for the 3rd round.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2020-masters-in-november-to-have-early-sunday-finish-so-cbs-can-be-ready-to-broadcast-nfl-games-afterward

Edited by grm24

Chris Berman on site in a green Riddler jacket!

Titleist TSR4 9.5, Oban Devotion 6, 05 flex 65g
TM M4 Tour 3W, Oban Devotion 7, 05 flex 75g
TM R15 TP #3 (19*), Fujikura Speeder 869 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, KBS C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, KBS C-Taper X
Vokey Wedges - SM8 56.12 & 60.08 S400
Newport 2.5

On 10/30/2020 at 5:03 AM, MattyO1984 said:

I just don’t get it. It just seems like such a left field idea. Let’s encourage people to watch Wimbledon by hosting the premier league transfer deadline day live from Centre Court.

College football is a huge Saturday tradition in the South. Huge. Like, LSU must have 4 squads of 600 cheerleaders 😂. Socially distant this year of course,

So, it’s not as much of a “disconnect” as it may seem and with the Masters happening on “game day” right as the college football schedule gets in gear, you’ll have a lot of viewers on ESPN in the morning.

717F6596-E79B-4972-8113-81C171FAAD56.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct

Clifford Roberts would shoot himself again if he saw this.

In further news, ANGC announced that they had completely lost their minds and decided to open a carnival (complete with a ferris wheel) on the practice tee and will build a go-kart track at Amen Corner. The karts will be NASCAR themed and NASCAR drivers will hold a race, inviting NASCAR fans from around the US in the hope that they'll get excited about The Masters tournament. The 11th fairway will be used by NASCAR fans to park.

The grounds will open soon for deer hunting patrons. Members are advised to wear orange.

Edited by Soloman1
  • Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

7 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

So instead of waving the surrender flag to football ala Finchem/Tour the Masters says “come on in y’all and sit for a spell” -  they continue to play chess while the rest play checkers!

Well to be fair The Masters did surrender to the NFL/CBS for the 4th round. Early Sunday tee times and split tees so CBS can keep their 4pm EST window available for NFL games.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, smashdn said:

Do tell.

Yes this ^.  It’s the wannabes that are the stuck up folks.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 hours ago, grm24 said:

Well to be fair The Masters did surrender to the NFL/CBS for the 4th round. Early Sunday tee times and split tees so CBS can keep their 4pm EST window available for NFL games.

Good decision, IMO. I'll enjoy breakfast at Augusta a lot more than I ever enjoyed breakfast at Wimbledon.  

• Like 1