Restarting ping nome with more offset - what are my options?

Picked up a ping nome and really like the head shape of it. It is the slight arc version which I think has something to do with the shaft bend?

Would a straight arc shaft be a more offset than a slight arc shaft? Would ping reshaft with a high offset shaft for me?

I know a few ping putters use a funky tip size does anyone have experience with this model? 

appreciate any help I can get with this - just sizing up whether I’m better off just sending it back to ping rather than doing it myself! 

Edited by gentles
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jc0 said:

It is determined by the straight portion coming off the head. Longer is straight back, medium is slight arc, and short is big arc. You won't be able to make it for a straight stroke if you have a mid arc shaft. I would just send it back to ping to simplify getting it changed.

Does a straight-arc shaft have more offset in it? That's what I'm trying to figure out...presume its more or less bend in the shaft but hard to find anything helpful from searching

32 minutes ago, gentles said:

Does a straight-arc shaft have more offset in it? That's what I'm trying to figure out...presume its more or less bend in the shaft but hard to find anything helpful from searching

No. The only difference between the shafts is straight length after the bend. 

Just now, gentles said:

Gotcha - so the further up the shaft the bend happens = the more face balanced?

Yes. It's all about where the line of the shaft intersects the face. Think of a center shafted putter, the shaft goes the middle of the face and it is more or less face balanced because the cg is inline with the shaft. Move the shaft to the heel it is 90 degree toe hang. On putter that has a shaft bend like the nome, just draw a straight line from the shaft before the bend though the face. The more towards the center it intersects the face (shaft bend further up) the more face balanced the putter is. The lower the bend, more toe hang.