Striping It Range Session

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great session about a week ago.  Ever have a session where you start thinking, “damn why am I not competing?”    

I’m aware of coordinating the feels of more lead shoulder down, with hands more inward, while adding radial deviation of lead wrist sooner, all while maintaining my inclination better than most o

Yes, and I sometimes have incredible range sessions. When my PGA coach is there, I can stripe everything, work the ball, etc. Then I step onto a course...and my game goes to s***.

LOL...

Golf....

M

Ping G400 SFT Driver

Taylormade M1 3W

Taylormade M1 3H 

Taylormade P790 4-AW

Callaway MD5 JAWS 54*

Callaway MD5 JAWS 58*

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

35 minutes ago, mikpga said:

Learning to trust it on the battlefield!

I think he thinks I'm lying...he's like...why did you shoot an 86? You should be shooting in the mid 70's...I laugh...yes, on the range. 

Bought a SkyTrak, hopefully practicing all winter will help to groove things.

M

Ping G400 SFT Driver

Taylormade M1 3W

Taylormade M1 3H 

Taylormade P790 4-AW

Callaway MD5 JAWS 54*

Callaway MD5 JAWS 58*

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Getting into a rhythm on the range is definitely easier than doing it during a 4-5 hour round. Swinging every minute or so and hitting the same club a few times in a row is way easier than switching clubs and only hitting a ball every 5 minutes. My best rounds are when I go out as a single in a cart and there is no one in front. I can play a hole in 5-7 minutes and don't have to wait on anyone. Everyone has hit abad shot after waiting an extra 10 minutes on the group in front.

I like your swing.  Looks like you stay within yourself.  For me personally, I call myself the range pro.  I usually kick a** on the range but can't seem to take it out on the course at times.  Oh wait, isn't that how most golfers are?

TM SIM MAX 9* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

Vega VDC-01 4-PW w/Recoil Proto 125 F5

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+

58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Newport 1

Snell MTB-X

Just now, mikpga said:

I never hate "striping it"!  Do you hate "striping it" during pre-round because you don't see it translate to the course?

Yep. Ask any good player...stripe it during warmup and then go play like poo. Don't know why. I used to think it was mental laziness...the tendency to not focus as much as normal because "I'm striping it, I can't miss". Then you hit a few wonky and get flustered. 

The opposite is true a lot too. Skank it all over the range and then things get locked in on course. 

16 hours ago, mikpga said:

I’m aware of coordinating the feels of more lead shoulder down, with hands more inward, while adding radial deviation of lead wrist sooner, all while maintaining my inclination better than

most of my life...

Forgot to add, I’ve been working on the circumduction of my trail shoulder during backswing...

Edited by mikpga