White Hot OG?!

44 minutes ago, Fourpar18 said:

They feel the same!  I hit all of them today and man they are soft and sweet!

Great news, thanks for sharing. Any insight on the price point?

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good catch on this all - and our bad on the website.  Actually it's all Luke's fault 🙂.  In the process of revising now.  Headweights for blades are 350 with steel and 360 with the new Stroke Lab shaf

Found this picture while scrolling through Twitter this morning on Callaway Japanese account. Hope they bring them to the states because I would pick one up I a heartbeat. Anyone have anymore info?

I can confirm the OG 2 ball feels sweet. Cool little milling marks on the lower level of the putter too. Love the grip!     

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, getair23 said:

Great news, thanks for sharing. Any insight on the price point?

I live in Japan so they are about 30000Y ($290) for the Stroke Lab and 25000Y ($240)for the one with out stroke lab.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3

Titleist TSi2

Titleist U500

Titleist 718 T-MB

Titleist Vokey 52

Titleist Vokey 56

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

Titleist PRO V1 X

10 hours ago, jcorna01 said:

So what would the difference in the insert be between these and the original White Hot Pro?  Those supposedly have a re-creation of the original white hot insert.

I truly didn't feel any difference.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3

Titleist TSi2

Titleist U500

Titleist 718 T-MB

Titleist Vokey 52

Titleist Vokey 56

Titleist PRO V1 X

5 hours ago, mleveroni said:

Happy to hear the feel is soft and buttery as the old one but the price point seems high....But definitely will give these a roll when available in NA

Japan isn't cheap!  I am sure they will be cheaper in the states.

Titleist TSi3

Titleist TSi2

Titleist U500

Titleist 718 T-MB

Titleist Vokey 52

Titleist Vokey 56

Titleist PRO V1 X

34 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

I don't see anything to get excited about. Another regurgitation project by Callaway. 

There really isn’t much to get excited about unless you loved the insert and can’t find one.  It’s one of the most talked about inserts on WRX!

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3

Titleist TSi2

Titleist U500

Titleist 718 T-MB

Titleist Vokey 52

Titleist Vokey 56

Titleist PRO V1 X

I took my real OG #4 out today for the first time in years. While it feels nice and rolls well, the ball comes off hot (pun intended). I've gotten very used to the controlled roll of my B60 TR. It would be tough to transition to the White Hot. 

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow

How odyssey has the audacity to release these at 250 USD is beyond me. Cast, insert, plain finish. Cmon now. 

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 9* - Tensei Pro White 70 TX 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Atmos TS Red 8TX 

Cobra Speedzone HY 19* - KBS Hybrid Proto 95 X 

Srixon Z Forged 4-PW - PX 6.5

Cleveland RTX 4.0 52*56*60* TI S400

Piretti Tour Only GOAT 35"

2 hours ago, SUPERG said:

How odyssey has the audacity to release these at 250 USD is beyond me. Cast, insert, plain finish. Cmon now. 

Lol relax man nobody is forcing you to buy them. If they’re over priced nobody will buy them and then they’ll go on sale..no harm done lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: 

3W: 

Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (3-PW) - DG X100

Wedges: Vokey SM7 52.8, 56.10, 60.04 - DG S400

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro 3

5 hours ago, The_Derz said:

Lol relax man nobody is forcing you to buy them. If they’re over priced nobody will buy them and then they’ll go on sale..no harm done lol

Just weird considering any other white hot  they’ve released was always like $125 lol, and 80 bucks on amazon. I was just hoping for a CS 7!

PING G410 LST 9* - Tensei Pro White 70 TX 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Atmos TS Red 8TX 

Cobra Speedzone HY 19* - KBS Hybrid Proto 95 X 

Srixon Z Forged 4-PW - PX 6.5

Cleveland RTX 4.0 52*56*60* TI S400

Piretti Tour Only GOAT 35"

43 minutes ago, Twism86 said:

My big question for Odyssey/Callaway is why dont they make a fully milled putter cheaper than their Toulon Line?! Would love to see one in the $250-300 range to compete with Ping and Mizuno and undercut SC. 

Also that White Hot OG looks nice..... 

They used to, but now thats what Toulon's role in their line is for.

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + ATMOS TS Blue / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + Diamana Thump  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

On 11/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, gallas2 said:

Is the versa line from '12/'13ish the original white hot?  I think I read that somewhere.  Keeps beating out the pricey milled ones I keep buying.

I believe the Versa line insert is the same as the White Hot Pro.

Callaway Epic Max 9* (N/S) Fubuki V 50 / Mavrik Max 9* (N/S) KBS TD 50
Callaway Mavrik 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
Callaway Mavrik  Max 21* 7wd Fubuki Ax f75
Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85
Callaway  Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50/10* 
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54*/10*S & 58*/08*C 
Odyssey/Toulon Azalea or Odyssey WHP #3 

10 hours ago, Twism86 said:

My big question for Odyssey/Callaway is why dont they make a fully milled putter cheaper than their Toulon Line?! Would love to see one in the $250-300 range to compete with Ping and Mizuno and undercut SC. 

I saw a review of the Toulon lineup from 2019 and they were really pushing Toulon as "Odyssey's milled line", which was obvious with the Odyssey branding on them. I would like to see them put out a milled line like the Protype. I have the #2 in the Black Series, Black Series Tour Design and Protype. That being said I recently got a Toulon/Odyssey Azalea with a steel shaft and I really like it. But it is pre-owned in mint condition and I got it at a good price. Otherwise the $400 price range is too much IMHO.

Callaway Epic Max 9* (N/S) Fubuki V 50 / Mavrik Max 9* (N/S) KBS TD 50
Callaway Mavrik 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
Callaway Mavrik  Max 21* 7wd Fubuki Ax f75
Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85
Callaway  Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50/10* 
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54*/10*S & 58*/08*C 
Odyssey/Toulon Azalea or Odyssey WHP #3 

7 hours ago, jgolf215 said:

I believe the Versa line insert is the same as the White Hot Pro.

It is.

The original white hot insert was thinner than the current version but acoustics and characteristics are the same.  White hot insert started off by some guy making it in his garage for Callaway very early on. Not kidding.  Very cool story behind it.

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

17 hours ago, Twism86 said:

They've done that in the not too distant past and those lines of putters simply didn't sell well. Such was/is Cameron's strangle hold on that segment of the market.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

35 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

They've done that in the not too distant past and those lines of putters simply didn't sell well. Such was/is Cameron's strangle hold on that segment of the market.

It does seem to be that way. If someone has a milled putter for $300-350, why not spend a little more for the Scotty. That is what surprises me so much about the Toulon's being $450, I love the look of them but why not spend less for a Cameron? 

While there is some overlap, Toulon offers some head shapes (Atlanta, Memphis, Vegas) and neck designs (more flow necks) that are just different enough. It's when you're offering pretty much the same shapes in the same finishes without red dots all over it (no matter how good the quality of materials and construction methods) and without silly headcovers that you can go down a blind alley.

WITB Link

On 11/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, braincramp52 said:

I don't see anything to get excited about. Another regurgitation project by Callaway. 

I can appreciate that, but I think this line is a nod to the fact that most of Odyssey's more tech-ish inserts never caught on with good players and most Odyssey putters in use by pro players were using one form of the basic urethane insert or another even when newer head designs were in use (O Works heads retro-fitted with WHP inserts, for example). Coming to that realization is what lead me to go find and modify the putter I have in use now to what it currently is. Nothing cosmic about it, just does the work.

WITB Link

2 hours ago, Twism86 said:

It does seem to be that way. If someone has a milled putter for $300-350, why not spend a little more for the Scotty. That is what surprises me so much about the Toulon's being $450, I love the look of them but why not spend less for a Cameron? 

This is a good point.  Conspicuous consumption.  Same reason people will pay 15-20% more for a lexus when the Toyota is almost as good (certainly not 20% worse).

I for one have spent thousands on milled putters (and sold) and go back to my trusty white hot whenever there's more than pride or a $5 Nassau on the line.

PinXG's, TS3, SIMs, GAPR and an $80 Odyssey

20 hours ago, gallas2 said:

This is a good point.  Conspicuous consumption.  Same reason people will pay 15-20% more for a lexus when the Toyota is almost as good (certainly not 20% worse).

I for one have spent thousands on milled putters (and sold) and go back to my trusty white hot whenever there's more than pride or a $5 Nassau on the line.

Im in the market for a milled putter, if you noticed my other threads/replies. Last night I went to practice my White Hot RX #1 and made so many putts I was wondering why I feel like I need to spend money? 

Edited by Twism86
  • Like 1