Just saw this on Instagram this morning.  Digging the old school vibes with it, has that infomercial feel to it, anyone hit it yet or seen it in person?

https://www.adamsgolf.com/

TM SIM 9.0* - Tensei Pro White 70TX
TM SIM 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70tx
TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
TM P7MB 4-PW - MMT 125 TX
Taylormade MG2 52* / TW 56* TW 60* MMT Wedge 
Putter: Custom TM Spider S

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It actually looks really easy to hit, and chances are they’ll sell a ton of these with the original infomercial sales method.    Adams died off years ago because all you people who are dumping

What's the point of even bringing the brand back is this is the crap that your are going to release? What a waste.

This isn’t worthy of a WRX discussion...they don’t offer an extra stiff shaft upon checkout. 

Posted Images

Got excited when TM was teasing bringing Adams back.  This is not what I was expecting, more than a little disappointing.  "The Sole of Versatility," is brilliant marketing.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

Bittersweet seeing that "Velocity Slot" prominently on there.  That tech was pretty much the sole (hah!) reason for TM buying Adams which led to Adams' demise (until now).  Source of both death and rebirth.

• Like 1

Cobra F9 (9)

Cobra F8+ (14.5, 19)

Cobra Forged Tour (4-PW)

Cobra King Black (50, 54, 58)

PING Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB Black

The informercial feel is a bit off-putting? But it makes sense that they don't want to cannibalize their own products, so this is priced to directly compete against other DTC products (Sub70, Hogan, etc). Will be interested to see the success of this club.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM Max 9 Project X Evenflow T1100 White 65 6.0

Cobra King LTD @ 16.5 Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S

PXG 0317 X Gen 2 19, 22 MCA MMT 80 S

Sub70 639 CB 5-PW Project X Graphite 6.0

TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 50 True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 56, 60

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Bench: SM8 54, 60; Vapor Fly Pro 4i; putters; driver shafts; Titleist Cart 7 bag; Miura CB-2008 8-PW

12 minutes ago, getair23 said:

Got excited when TM was teasing bringing Adams back.  This is not what I was expecting, more than a little disappointing.  "The Sole of Versatility," is brilliant marketing.  

Such a bummer.  Adams made some unreal sticks that have more than stood the test of time still to today.  

• Like 2

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta

5 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

What's the point of even bringing the brand back is this is the crap that your are going to release? What a waste.

I'm guessing it's more of a play to the DTC / casual player crowd, not necessarily designed for the more savvy golf equipment person.  Probably have to be careful not to cannibalize from the TM side of things

TM SIM 9.0* - Tensei Pro White 70TX
TM SIM 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70tx
TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
TM P7MB 4-PW - MMT 125 TX
Taylormade MG2 52* / TW 56* TW 60* MMT Wedge 
Putter: Custom TM Spider S

Agreed. I was excited when I saw Adams fire up the IG machine. But this is quite the let down. I'd assume that most golfers that are still nostalgic about Adams would be looking for a product that wouldnt feel at home on an infomercial.

That being said, I totally understand that TM doesnt need to be competing with itself. They have been cranking out awesome fairway woods and decent hybrids for years. No need to muddy the market.

• Like 1

Srixon z785 9.5* - EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Adams dHy 24* - Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

5 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

Such a bummer.  Adams made some unreal sticks that have more than stood the test of time still to today.  

Yep, I still hold a bit of a grudge against TM for what they did to Adams.  As a brand, their target audience always seemed poorly defined.  Most of their irons were really for better players (blades and players cavity backs), but their hybrids and fairways were marketed mostly as "forgiving" clubs, not "players" clubs.  

That said, I bet that new Tight Lies fairway is probably a pretty good club for its intended audience.  I have a previous generation Tight Lies (with the velocity slot that is hidden from the top).  Even at 14*, it is really easy to hit high.  In fact, I struggled keeping it down, which is why it didn't last long in my bag.

So perhaps there is a place for a brand the produces forgiving clubs, and unashamedly markets to those players looking to make the game "easier," not to players who hope new clubs will make them "better."   Its a subtle distinction, but I think there a lot of weekend warriors that don't really don't think they are ever going to get better, and don't necessarily care.  But they still hope for a couple less terrible shots per round, and to win an occasional skin.  Hopefully, Adams ends up a little more respectable than the "as seen on TV" clubs.     

Taylormade M5 w/GD YSQ
Exotics XCG 16* hybrid with Proforce V2
Titleist 909h 19* and 24* with NV 105
Adams CB3 5-iron with RIP Tour 115 
Adams CB1 6 and 7-irons with RIP Tour 115 
Adams Pro Black MB 8-PW with RIP Tour 115
Vokey SM4 TVD 52M with RIP Tour 115
Vokey SM4 56D-11 with RIP Tour 115
Vokey SM8 60S-04 with RIP Tour 115
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
37 minutes ago, blink3665 said:

Agreed. I was excited when I saw Adams fire up the IG machine. But this is quite the let down. I'd assume that most golfers that are still nostalgic about Adams would be looking for a product that wouldnt feel at home on an infomercial.

That being said, I totally understand that TM doesnt need to be competing with itself. They have been cranking out awesome fairway woods and decent hybrids for years. No need to muddy the market.

OH no say it ain't so. Now the infomercial crowd will think my Old Adams FW and hybrid are junk

• Haha 2

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

These remind of the “What do you think?” characters on The Onion 

4BD17A8C-1557-4C62-B9CB-B55A7536D37E.jpeg

• Haha 1

RomaRo 435LX 10*-Quadra FEX 65SX 

PRGR Egg HD 14.5*-Fubuki 75S 3W
PRGR EGG 20* - M-43S 7 wood

RomaRo iBrid 2 22* - Crazy Hybrid 

Miura PP9003SN 5-G - Modus 125S 

Miura HB12 @ 55* - Modus 125 W

2015 PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V

Axis1 Rose - Garsen Quad Tour grip

49 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

OH no say it ain't so. Now the infomercial crowd will think my Old Adams FW and hybrid are junk

HAHAHA! Exactly! All the people that constantly root through each others bags to see what you're gaming!

I love my Adams clubs. I have a backup bag with the CMBs, a Proto Gold, and an XTD Ti.

• Like 1

Srixon z785 9.5* - EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Adams dHy 24* - Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

Is this trash owned by TM???

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Ahhhhh haha, I was SO excited when I saw this thread title. The last iteration of Tight Lies fairways are still fantastic clubs. I'm not sure you can find an easier to launch 3-wood than those. 

But then I clicked the link. I'm not sure it's possible to look any cheesier than that. I feel like they decided to aim this thing squarely at the "bad at the internet old man" crowd. Holy crap.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Terrible. 

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
6 hours ago, realitycheck said:

I ask this honestly, how do we know this is as bad as we are saying here??

Nobody knows. Well except for the geniuses here that will completely judge a piece of golf equipment (club, shaft, balls, etc.) without ever seeing it in person, actually trying it or only makes an assumption simply based on a stock picture. We should all be so blessed. :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

Other than the infomercial feel (and they about nailed that... really, 4 easy payments? Look if you're financing a $180 golf club you may want to reconsider...)

Anyway it looks like an Adams golf tight-lies golf club. I would almost be willing to try one because it just might work, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think it's a decent looking homage to the original clubs and if it is, in fact, a high launching, forgiving fairway wood, would it really be so bad?

10 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Disappointing for sure but quite understandable from a business perspective. Targeting a different demographic. Its like lexus and toyota to some extent.

Based on website marketing, more like Lexus and Vespa?