Driver shaft damaged during regrip: Resolution?

Had my Accra Tz6 M5 regripped last week. Upon playing yesterday noticed several nicks near the end of the grip where the old one had clearly been cut off and the tech got a little loose with the blade.

Most of them are into the paint only, but the largest one is into the graphite. Doesn't appear to be too deep into it, but it is there.

I've emailed the shop to get their thoughts, what would be a reasonable resolution? I change shafts often, so I mostly concerned with the severe ding to resale value this kind of damage causes.

What do you think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ I don't understand the posts above telling you to just accept it and hope it doesn't break while also accepting that your shaft is now worth less on resale and you have to disclose the damage to a p

Ride it till it dies...and/or disclose the nick under the grip during the sale. Done.

I would go back to wherever you bought it, let them know that you are aware of the damage and whenever it breaks, they will replace it for you. 

Ride it till it dies...and/or disclose the nick under the grip during the sale. Done.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Black / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue / Mavrik Pro 3H + Pro 2.0 / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

^ I don't understand the posts above telling you to just accept it and hope it doesn't break while also accepting that your shaft is now worth less on resale and you have to disclose the damage to a potential buyer..... when you didn't cause the damage. The guy at the shop got rammy with the exacto and now your high end shaft is potentially compromised. I don't agree that that's your problem to just accept and move on. 

And to be fair I'm usually the last guy to grind for a deal or push for warranty on a product ect. But if you take a 400 dollar shaft to a shop for a regrip, and they do a hack job on it, I feel they need to at the very least be aware their guy is damaging customers belongings. 

• Like 2

TM 2017 M2 9.5* 

Cobra Baffler 16*

Ping G30 22*

TM R-11 5-PW

Mizuno MP-T5 50* 54*

PM Grind 60* 

Ping My Day 

5 hours ago, kmay__ said:

^ I don't understand the posts above telling you to just accept it and hope it doesn't break while also accepting that your shaft is now worth less on resale and you have to disclose the damage to a potential buyer..... when you didn't cause the damage. The guy at the shop got rammy with the exacto and now your high end shaft is potentially compromised. I don't agree that that's your problem to just accept and move on. 

And to be fair I'm usually the last guy to grind for a deal or push for warranty on a product ect. But if you take a 400 dollar shaft to a shop for a regrip, and they do a hack job on it, I feel they need to at the very least be aware their guy is damaging customers belongings. 

Agreed, take it back to whoever did the grip and show them the damage. Shouldn't accept poor standard of work. Especially on something as straightforward as a regrind. 

Also if that's how bad it is under the thinner easier to cut part of the grip what is it going to be like at the top under the thicker part that is harder to cut. 

I would go back to wherever you bought it, let them know that you are aware of the damage and whenever it breaks, they will replace it for you. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 w/Accra TZ6 65 M4 (tipped 1 inch)
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M4 (Tipped 1.5 inches)

Titleist TSi2 21 degreee w/Accra TZ6 75 M4 (Tipped 2 inches)

4-PW Titleist T200 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff @3/4" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff @3/4" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour