Jump to content

MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Ventus HB Hybrid & Utility Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, getitdaily said:

1/2 at your speed won't be too stiff. I'm slower than you and have mine 1/2 tipped. It's perfect for me in the head I have it in.

It’s funny it was actually reading your post back in this thread that first made me look at getting it .5” tipped 😂

 

Do you get enough height/stopping power on that bad boy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone hit the ventus black or blue hb and the tensei pro hybrid? If so, what were the feel and ball flight differences for you?

 

I have the 100tx tensei pro in my ping crossover and it's good but the ventus black in my driver is so friggn' good I want to put a ventus in everything I can haha.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(SS: 108-112). I've got Blue 9x in Mizuno HMB 2 iron (tipped zero) and 4 iron (tipped 1/2). Both have lots of feel and produce a decent amount of launch and spin, which I like because they are usable hitting into greens. The 2i feels a little too loose and I would probably tip it 1/2 in. if I were doing it over again. And if you're looking for low bullet driving iron numbers, I wound definitely go straight to black. But blue works perfectly for how I play my long irons.

 

The only compliant I have is that these clubs feel incredibly light (and measure very light on scale). I went from 114g Modus steel to 95g Ventus graphite, so the drop in swing weight should have been a point or two, but it was more like 5-6 points. I had been using lead tape to get the weights up but finally just embraced the light feel and found a way to make it work. As long as I don't get too quick, these clubs are ridiculously easy to hit. 

TM Sim2 Speeder 757x VII || TM 300 Mini Ventus Blue 7x || TM Sim2 5w Ventus Blue 7x || Mizuno Mp20 4-9 Modus 120 || Vokey Sm8 46f 50f 54d 60d Modus 120 || Ping Tyne 4 || Titleist Pro V1 || Golf Pride CP2 Wrap/Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, uglande said:

(SS: 108-112). I've got Blue 9x in Mizuno HMB 2 iron (tipped zero) and 4 iron (tipped 1/2). Both have lots of feel and produce a decent amount of launch and spin, which I like because they are usable hitting into greens. The 2i feels a little too loose and I would probably tip it 1/2 in. if I were doing it over again. And if you're looking for low bullet driving iron numbers, I wound definitely go straight to black. But blue works perfectly for how I play my long irons.

 

The only compliant I have is that these clubs feel incredibly light (and measure very light on scale). I went from 114g Modus steel to 95g Ventus graphite, so the drop in swing weight should have been a point or two, but it was more like 5-6 points. I had been using lead tape to get the weights up but finally just embraced the light feel and found a way to make it work. As long as I don't get too quick, these clubs are ridiculously easy to hit. 

They can swingweight a little light in a driving iron , all dependent on the grips and head weight of how much, but Golfworks has rubber tungsten tip weights that I've used with success in the HB for DI's. Have you tried tip weights? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a Ventus Blue HB 9X installed into my 2021 Callaway X forged 18* UT and it really brought it to life vs the MMT 105TX that I originally ordered. Low / Mid trajectory and chases out like crazy. Once it starts getting wet in the PACNW I am curious to see how it plays as carry is king then. So far I am blown away by the entire Ventus line. Put them in Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid and Utility. @Fujikura Golf when are the Ventus iron shafts coming out?lol! Just take my $$$$ now if they are over 120 grams! 

  • Like 1

**WITB as of 6/14/21****

Taylormade SIM 2 - 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" playing at 45" D5 SW Hotmelt added to head

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX - 15* Ventus Blue 7X Tipped 2" playing at 43" D5 SW Bent Flat and hot melted

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX Hybrid - 19* Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Callaway 21' X-Forged UT 18* - Ventus Blue HB 9X / 2* Flat (+1* loft)

Srixon ZX-7 KBS $-Taper 130X 4i-PW

Vokey SM8 KBS 610 Wedge 125S+ 50F/54D/58D
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 standard + 2 wraps
TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, byoshio82 said:

I got a Ventus Blue HB 9X installed into my 2021 Callaway X forged 18* UT and it really brought it to life vs the MMT 105TX that I originally ordered. Low / Mid trajectory and chases out like crazy. Once it starts getting wet in the PACNW I am curious to see how it plays as carry is king then. So far I am blown away by the entire Ventus line. Put them in Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid and Utility. @Fujikura Golf when are the Ventus iron shafts coming out?lol! Just take my $$$$ now if they are over 120 grams! 

The black profile in a 115g+ iron shaft would certainly get my attention! 

Edited by golffeen007
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, golffeen007 said:

They can swingweight a little light in a driving iron , all dependent on the grips and head weight of how much, but Golfworks has rubber tungsten tip weights that I've used with success in the HB for DI's. Have you tried tip weights? 

I haven't, but that's a good thought, especially because I am thinking of moving to a 3i/5i instead of 2i/4i. I could add the weights when I switch out the shafts. 

  • Like 1

TM Sim2 Speeder 757x VII || TM 300 Mini Ventus Blue 7x || TM Sim2 5w Ventus Blue 7x || Mizuno Mp20 4-9 Modus 120 || Vokey Sm8 46f 50f 54d 60d Modus 120 || Ping Tyne 4 || Titleist Pro V1 || Golf Pride CP2 Wrap/Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, uglande said:

(SS: 108-112). I've got Blue 9x in Mizuno HMB 2 iron (tipped zero) and 4 iron (tipped 1/2). Both have lots of feel and produce a decent amount of launch and spin, which I like because they are usable hitting into greens. The 2i feels a little too loose and I would probably tip it 1/2 in. if I were doing it over again. And if you're looking for low bullet driving iron numbers, I wound definitely go straight to black. But blue works perfectly for how I play my long irons.

 

The only compliant I have is that these clubs feel incredibly light (and measure very light on scale). I went from 114g Modus steel to 95g Ventus graphite, so the drop in swing weight should have been a point or two, but it was more like 5-6 points. I had been using lead tape to get the weights up but finally just embraced the light feel and found a way to make it work. As long as I don't get too quick, these clubs are ridiculously easy to hit. 

You can get a tungsten tip weight for graphite to up the sw... it'll extend the playing length about 1/4 inch.

Edited by getitdaily
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

You can get a tungsten tip weight for graphite to up the sw... it'll extend the playing length about 1/4 inch.

Some DI's have a seat so that it won't affect it much. I bought the 21' Callaway X Forged UT and was surprised that it was seated enough to only change the depth bore about 1/8" , but If you only need a couple grams , you can slice the 1/4" tip in half and it won't affect playing length much at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 99 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...