MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Ventus HB Hybrid & Utility Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

7 hours ago, steventoo said:

How does the Atmos work for you?

I recently got fitted for a new driver and ended up with a TSi3 with RDX Black 60/6.5. I tried the Ventus Blue in the same driver but couldn't keep spin below 2500-ish. It's interesting (at least to my untrained mind) that I just couldn't gel with the Ventus Blue in one club but really love it (albeit a very different version) in another club, and it suits my game pretty well. Had I been fitted for the driver prior to consulting the brains trust here, I probably would have gone with a Ventus Black for the U510 and probably wouldn't have gotten along very well with it at all.

A bit more testing has told me that the club now works for me from the fairway, which is a bonus.

I like it. Again, it feels like the tour spec HB shaft which I love. Has a one piece feel without a noticable kick. 

I hit the ball with good height. So the low spin isn't a concern for me. Of you don't generate enough spin it could be difficult to hold some greens. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been waiting for this thread since my round Saturday! That should be a bit of foretelling...   First, thanks for wrx and Fujikura. I forgot I replied in the testers wanted thread so whe

We have 6 members testing out the hottest hybrid and utility iron shaft out right now, the Fujikura Ventus HB! The members below are testing out the Blue or Black versions and will be reporting to the

Brief intro of my golf game.  Driver swing is around 112. 4 handicap. Moderate to aggressive tempo. Putter usually decides what my game will be that day. So for this review I’ll be comparing my u500 V

Posted Images

7 hours ago, steventoo said:

How does the Atmos work for you?

I recently got fitted for a new driver and ended up with a TSi3 with RDX Black 60/6.5. I tried the Ventus Blue in the same driver but couldn't keep spin below 2500-ish. It's interesting (at least to my untrained mind) that I just couldn't gel with the Ventus Blue in one club but really love it (albeit a very different version) in another club, and it suits my game pretty well. Had I been fitted for the driver prior to consulting the brains trust here, I probably would have gone with a Ventus Black for the U510 and probably wouldn't have gotten along very well with it at all.

A bit more testing has told me that the club now works for me from the fairway, which is a bonus.

Was it the Velocore Ventus Blue or just the regular Ventus stock shaft?  Big difference IMO 

Driver: Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 6.0

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* HZRDUS Black 6.0

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T300 4-5 iron, T200 6-PW PX Rifle 6.0 w/ MCC Align

Wedges: Vokeys SM8 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

7 hours ago, mizuno player said:

I like it. Again, it feels like the tour spec HB shaft which I love. Has a one piece feel without a noticable kick. 

I hit the ball with good height. So the low spin isn't a concern for me. Of you don't generate enough spin it could be difficult to hold some greens. 

I get that same feel from the RDX Black and the EvenFlow White. They feel one piece, but the Ventus Blue does have a bit of a kick. I really like it in the utility iron. It feels a lot like my KBS Tour iron shafts, I guess. I'm slowly gelling with the shaft - I got some nice draws and fades on the range last night, but straight and long is just so easy. It's a serious improvement and I'm very happy with the performance.

7 hours ago, HackinNut said:

Was it the Velocore Ventus Blue or just the regular Ventus stock shaft?  Big difference IMO 

It was the Velocore. The fitter pulled it from his own driver for me to test out. They didn't have the Ventus Black on hand to try, and it was a significant upcharge anyway which probably would have turned me off. I tested with an open mind and was very surprised to get fit into what I ended up with. I thought a 7X or 6X Ventus Blue would work perfectly, but it didn't really work at all.

The 9X Blue HB, though - that's a keeper!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* | HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60/6.5

Titleist U510 16* | Ventus Blue VeloCore 9X

Titleist T100 3-PW | KBS Tour 120S

Callaway X Forged 52 | KBS Tour 120S

Callaway PM Grind 58* & 64* | KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Evnroll ER2B / 370G / Gravity Grip

As of today. I have ventus is all my woods and my utility..

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

19 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Which ones in each? 

I'm blue in driver and hybrid but blue wasn't a match in 3wood. I bet black in 3wood would have been good. But I'm evo2 in 3wood and it outperforms everything I try.

Blue in driver and 3 wood. Red in 7 wood and 90 blue HB.

I wanted to try the red in the driver but It was backordered and I didn’t want to wait..

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

45 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

At your speed I would have figured you for black somewhere in there. Are you a soft loader?

I am not sure. But the black and I don’t really get along.

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been playing the CK Pro Blue 80 stiff in my G410 hybrids and haven’t been too happy. Shaft feels loose and I can feel a big kick in the downswing that I struggle to time and dispersion is bigger than it should be.

Bought a Ventus Blue 8X blind to stick in one of them. The difference on the range and course is incredible! The shaft is somehow smooth while not having a big kick and everything is a tight little fade, even on swings that don’t deserve it.

• Like 1

Finally got the chance to test out the Black 10TX in a G425 hybrid. It’s too good. Ventus Black just seems to pair perfectly with Ping heads for me. The 5/7 wood with black 10x combo I had rolling was really good too, but the hybrid is giving me a little stronger flight and same stopping power. Have had the 7x and 8x in driver/3wood for so long I’m actually gonna have to replace the grips, can’t remember the last time I’ve had to do that 😂

• Like 3

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon Z Forged 4-GW Steelfiber i95 S  
Cleveland ZipCore 54/58 KBS 610 125 S+ 
PXG Gen 2 Operator Stability Tour 
ProV1X Left Dash / Tour BX

9 minutes ago, endy said:

Finally got the chance to test out the Black 10TX in a G425 hybrid. It’s too good. Ventus Black just seems to pair perfectly with Ping heads for me. The 5/7 wood with black 10x combo I had rolling was really good too, but the hybrid is giving me a little stronger flight and same stopping power. Have had the 7x and 8x in driver/3wood for so long I’m actually gonna have to replace the grips, can’t remember the last time I’ve had to do that 😂

Had the Ventus Black in a G425 5 wood for a bit before my current gamer beat it out. It was so fun to hit! Wish I still had it, but I wasnt as consistent off the tee with it as my Callaway.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9.5* w/ HZRDUS Hulk 6.5

Titleist TSi2 4 Wood w/ Ventus Red 7x 

Titleist TSi2 7 Wood w/ Tour AD XC 8x

PXG 0311x Gen2 3 Iron w/ Tour AD DI 85x / Cobra King Utility 4 w/ KBS $ Taper

5-PW Callaway Apex TCB w/ KBS $ Taper 

5-PW Srixon ZX7 w/ KBS $ Taper

51* Cleveland Zipcore Raw

56* Cleveland Zipcore Raw

62* Taylormade MG Hi Toe 

SIK Flo C / Taylormade Juno

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

You gotta fix those grips man. My OCD is roaring right now.

Hahaha..

I actually just had some grips arrive in the mail today. That way they will all be the same and on straight. I don’t want to change anything until I had the heads set where I wanted. Now they will all have lamkin UTX cord mid size grips..

Right now they are all different. Lol..

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

On 3/20/2021 at 2:56 AM, GolfTurkey said:

I’ve been playing the CK Pro Blue 80 stiff in my G410 hybrids and haven’t been too happy. Shaft feels loose and I can feel a big kick in the downswing that I struggle to time and dispersion is bigger than it should be.

Bought a Ventus Blue 8X blind to stick in one of them. The difference on the range and course is incredible! The shaft is somehow smooth while not having a big kick and everything is a tight little fade, even on swings that don’t deserve it.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, endy said:

Wonderful to hear guys, thank you for sharing!

• Like 3

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

@Fujikura Golf, I have a question re. shaft weight for driving iron. I have the Ventus Blue 8X in my 5 hybid and it feels really good (at first it felt a bit heavy because it was replacing something lighter). I play SteelFiber i110 in irons, Ventus Red 6X in driver.

I'm thinking either Ventus Blue 8X or 9X in the driving iron. Is there anything about a hybrid shaft (balance point or something) that makes it feel heavier than an iron shaft of the same weight? I would have put a SteelFiber i95 in there before I found Ventus. Driver SS is 108-115 depending on energy levels and the state of my aches and pains!

I thought 9X because it's 94g but then I see that @QuigleyDU uses the 9X in his DI and he's a beast and uses much heavier stuff than I do in the rest of his bag!

6 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

@Fujikura Golf, I have a question re. shaft weight for driving iron. I have the Ventus Blue 8X in my 5 hybid and it feels really good (at first it felt a bit heavy because it was replacing something lighter). I play SteelFiber i110 in irons, Ventus Red 6X in driver.

I'm thinking either Ventus Blue 8X or 9X in the driving iron. Is there anything about a hybrid shaft (balance point or something) that makes it feel heavier than an iron shaft of the same weight? I would have put a SteelFiber i95 in there before I found Ventus. Driver SS is 108-115 depending on energy levels and the state of my aches and pains!

I thought 9X because it's 94g but then I see that @QuigleyDU uses the 9X in his DI and he's a beast and uses much heavier stuff than I do in the rest of his bag!

I really like the 9x. Originally I wanted the blue 10x but it was out of stock so I just went 9 rather than wait.

I personally have not noticed that the balance is lower for this shaft. I installed it into a gapr low and is swing weighted right at D2 with no extra effort. But I don’t know if it is lower balance or not.

I have found that I like lighter stuff too. I don’t feel like I need heavy shafts anymore.. I am getting old and I don’t want to work that hard anymore. 60g driver shaft. 70g 3 wood. 7 wood and utility at 90. My irons are currently at 130 but even that is changing. 

I would love to get graphite iron shafts in the 110-120 range but just have not dropped the cash for them..

Playing heavy is old thinking.. I don’t need it anymore..

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 4

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

@GolfTurkeyone more think. I prefer the blue profiles as I like being able to feed the shaft load. When things get to boards in lose my swing. So I always opt for stuff that is a bit more mid soft so I can have that sensation.

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 minute ago, QuigleyDU said:

I really like the 9x. Originally I wanted the blue 10x but it was out of stock so I just went 9 rather than wait.

I personally have not noticed that the balance is lower for this shaft. I installed it into a gapr low and is swing weighted right at D2 with no extra effort. But I don’t know if it is lower balance or not.

I have found that I like lighter stuff too. I don’t feel like I need heavy shafts anymore.. I am getting old and I don’t want to work that hard anymore. 60g driver shaft. 70g 3 wood. 7 wood and utility at 90. My irons are currently at 130 but even that is changing. 

I would love to get graphite shafts in the 110-120 range but just have not dropped the cash for them..

Thanks, I’ve also been sliding down the weight scale as I’ve gotten older. DG 130 -> DG 120 -> SF 110 in irons.

I’ve gone ahead and ordered a New Level NLU-01 with VB 9X. Amazing bargain, $250 with the Ventus and I found a coupon that gave me 16% off for a total of $210

• Like 1
Just now, QuigleyDU said:

@GolfTurkeyone more think. I prefer the blue profiles as I like being able to feed the shaft load. When things get to boards in lose my swing. So I always opt for stuff that is a bit more mid soft so I can have that sensation.

Me too, I reckon hell is being forced to swing Hzrdus Black 6.5 for all of eternity

7 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Me too, I reckon hell is being forced to swing Hzrdus Black 6.5 for all of eternity

Now we just need some ventus iron and wedge shafts that have steel shaft feedback.. that would be pretty awesome..

• Like 2

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 minute ago, GolfTurkey said:

I’d have to sell my other kidney...

If they came out with some in the 115-120 gram range.. I would for sure be getting yelled at by my wife.. 

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

I would love to get graphite iron shafts in the 110-120 range but just have not dropped the cash for them..

Playing heavy is old thinking.. I don’t need it anymore..

I've had a similar evolution when it comes to heavy shafts in my long clubs. I'm 44, and prior to last year, I had played mostly 70g (and the occasional 80g) shafts in my driver, and 80g in my 3w. I think a lot of the shafts from recent years offer the stability that we were trying to get from the heavier shafts in a lighter package. I'm now using the Ventus black 6x in my driver (including a promising overlength experiment I'm trying), 7x in the 3w (which was the driver shaft I cut down once I switched to the 6x), and the Blue 9x in the driving iron. I'd say that if anything, I'm hitting it straighter with the lighter shafts, so I don't see myself going back to the old ways.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 46.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
Scratch SB-1 3-4 & 6-PW Nippon Modus3 120x or Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW Nippon Modus3 125x
Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

5 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

I've had a similar evolution when it comes to heavy shafts in my long clubs. I'm 44, and prior to last year, I had played mostly 70g (and the occasional 80g) shafts in my driver, and 80g in my 3w. I think a lot of the shafts from recent years offer the stability that we were trying to get from the heavier shafts in a lighter package. I'm now using the Ventus black 6x in my driver (including a promising overlength experiment I'm trying), 7x in the 3w (which was the driver shaft I cut down once I switched to the 6x), and the Blue 9x in the driving iron. I'd say that if anything, I'm hitting it straighter with the lighter shafts, so I don't see myself going back to the old ways.

Easier speed, less effort, same accuracy. Able to maintain swing by the end of the round. What is not to like.. 

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Just put a blue 9x in my u85 2 iron. Couple range sessions and one round yesterday but was super windy. I’m not sure about the feel yet as it seemed to be kind of spinny than what I’m used to (swing issues cause me to be a high spin player). I had a U45 3 iron with a tensei white 100x in there and it was my favorite club so of course I sold it haha. Had to as I got new irons and the gapping didn’t work with a 3 iron 

is the blue more like the tensei white hybrid or the black in this shaft??  I have the 6x black in driver and really like it. Reading here it seems the black hybrid was a demandingish shaft compared to blue. Just curious as I liked it and hit it decent but wasn’t what I was expecting. I thought it would feel a little stiffer. 

Edited by stingerfade

I had the blue 10x and black 10tx and the tensei 100tx.  I prefer stiffer shafts and kept the black and Tensei.  I feel like the tensei launches higher and has a tad more flex than the black but is definitely stiffer than the blue...

• Like 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I wonder if Mitsubishi will come out with an AV Raw 90 to kind of match the Ventus Blue 9.. I'm really tempted by that Blue 9X in a 19* hybrid.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD DI 6X (or Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX or Tensei AV Raw Blue 65TX)
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 35"

9 hours ago, pdaero said:

I wonder if Mitsubishi will come out with an AV Raw 90 to kind of match the Ventus Blue 9.. I'm really tempted by that Blue 9X in a 19* hybrid.

There's a Tensei AV Raw White 90 listed on the Titleist shaft chart.

EDIT Actually its on the site now: https://www.mca-golf.com/products/av-raw-white-hybrid

Edited by third-times-a-charm

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour