Ping Heppler Putters

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great looking putters but I found no magic in them. 

Good feedback.  The machined face and roll should help with leaving it short which is a problem I have with grooved putter faces.  

I played one for a bit loved the alignment but never got right with the weight.  Four five footers were easy but my lag putts were way off.  I went back to my old anser f which is far lighter and easier to swing for me.   if the weight is right to you I’d say get it.   Love the fetch part.  Think it’s played on tour by good old what’s his name

I have my eye out for a light mallet with a bit of toe drop but everyone seems to make them heavier than I want.   

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping G710 DG 105 R300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser

Was probably going to pick up the Tyne 3 today. Rolled it a couple times last week and just couldn't put it down. Would be interested to hear more feedback.

ST190G HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK

ST190TS ATMOS BLACK 7S

ADAMS A12 19* HYBRID

MP20 HMB 4 IRON C TAPER 120

JPX 919F 5-PW C TAPER 120

T20 50* C TAPER 120

T20 55,60* $ TAPER 120

PING HEPPLER TYNE 3

I've got the Piper version and had it customized.  The loft was adjusted to standard (3*), the length was shortened to 34.75", a sightline was added to the top rail, and the grip was switched to a Pro Only Red Star.  It's worked pretty well for me so far...

Edited by 14max

Driver PING G400 SFT (10°) 

Fairway Wood PING G400 (17.5°) 

Crossover PING G400 (25°)

Irons PING G10 XG (6-9, PW, UW)

Wedge PING Eye2 XG (55°, 60°)

Putter PING Heppler Piper (34.75")

I have the ZB3 and really do love it. The flat face feels identical to old school Ping stainless putters, which I'm a big fan of. 

I did send it back to have a fixed shaft installed, which was definitely a good idea as I had a slight movement issue with the fixed one. I still don't think they got the adjustable shaft right. Thankfully, they fixed it for free.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

I have a Fetch Heppler and really like it.  I feel more confident that I can start a putt online with it than even the Spider X that I had.  I have no problem with the adjustable shaft at all.  The previous adjustable shafts were a little weak though, I agree.  I did put lead tape on the bottom to increase the weight and I am very happy with the feel and distance control.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm really interested in the Ketsch . It's a bit reminiscent of the Ping Nome which was one of my favorite putters ever. 

The adjustable shaft does seem a bit weird to me so i'm curious to hear more on that , it seems a couple of people have mentioned it feeling a bit off

I probably won't be able to try one before ordering

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

Purchase and played a Sigma 2 Fetch towards the end of the season and love it! I stayed away from the Sigma2 for a long time because of the comments on the super soft insert and "whippy" adjustable shaft. I don't find either to be true. While the insert is softish, it isn't marshmellow soft to me and I've played the shaft in the 34.5"-33.5" range and have never felt any looseness. "Maybe" as you get above 35" and towards the end of the fully extended setting there could be some whip but if you blindfolded me and gave me 2 putters I couldn't tell the difference in shaft feel at 34.5" and below.

Now all that said I hit the Sigma 2 vs the Heppler quite a bit and really liked them both. It was a very tough decision on which to choose. My decision was aided by a couple videos where it was mentioned the softer Sigma 2 would play better on fast greens and the Heppler on slower greens. I like the Sigma 2 Fetch so much, I likely will pick up a Heppler Fetch next Spring for the same reason and just to mix it up; i've never been a 1 putter guy...

In all I will say the ball seems to come off the Heppler a little hotter and is obviously firmer. But, the Heppler lineup looks and feels great! I've read that the Heppler shafts were made firmer and maybe that's true but I never found issue with the Sigma 2 and the Heppler felt equally stable with no issue.

Personally, I think the Sigma2 and Heppler are home runs for Ping. I could see myself ending up with several different models across both lineups. I know the PING PLD competes more in the space of the high-end milled putters but when you see the number of PING Pros that play they standard consumer lineup, I think that says alot.

Edited by hd.softail

I fiddled around with the Ketsh at the store the other day. 

The shaft just looks weird to me. Like it's too thin....It looks like a spaghetti noodle with the big head on the end of it. 

I could probably get used to it. The putter itself felt very good

But i might be more interested in the TomCat 14 

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

3 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I fiddled around with the Ketsh at the store the other day. 

The shaft just looks weird to me. Like it's too thin....It looks like a spaghetti noodle with the big head on the end of it. 

I could probably get used to it. The putter itself felt very good

But i might be more interested in the TomCat 14 

Picked up a Tomcat this week.  Love at first site. 

First day on the putting green i rolled it so well and made everything inside 8 feet i looked at.  Long 30 to 40 footers left no stress 1 foot or less tap ins 

Next day in a two man scramble, i didn’t make a thing.  But i blame that on my partner who putted first and then wanted to show me where he missed and where i should aim.   I’m usually very good at seeing my own line, so he just filled my eyes with thoughts I didn’t need.   

As for the putter itself.  It sets up so nice behind the ball.  The alignment aid is very helpful. 

The machined flat face is one of the best feeling faces i’ve felt.  The ball comes off with some good speed to it, but not hot if that makes sense. 

I had been using a spider x.  And I told a few people, it’s a slightly larger version of that.  At least to my eye. 

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12