New Level Golf - 902 Forged

1 hour ago, Steele47 said:

Beautiful clubs and apologies since I have not read entire thread but are those ferrules standard or did you have to order them special?   Thanks!

I ordered separate and sent to New Level for the build.  Eric at new level had no problem doing that for me.

• Like 1

Sim Max 9* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Rocket 14* Fujikura Speeder TR 757x 

Titleist Ts3 18* Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8x

New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG Tour Issue x100

Mizuno T20 Raw 50/10, 55/8,  59/6 DG Tour Issue s400

EVNROLL ER2B 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just got back from the range.  Here is my feedback from my first range session with the 902s.  I took the PW, 7 and 4 irons to compare with my previous gamers (Cobra King Forged CB)   Looks: co

I can't recommend these irons highly enough - a true steal and perfect fit for my game. I am a 4 index and upgraded from an old set of Titleist 735.CM irons. With two kids under two years of age and m

So they finally came in today and it’s like Xmas morning!  Package was solid and each club had a new level iron cover. After taking the sleeve off of one I was amazed with how much better they look in

Posted Images

^^^ Ditto ... Cool that you sent him some BBF ferrules to jazz up your set 

I grabbed a used combo set of 623-M and 902.  I was really impressed with the SW build consistency -> all were within 0.1 SW on my scale -> impressive !   

• Like 1

WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS

Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65

Titleist TS2 16.5 with Accra Tour Z x275

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid with Evenflow White 90

Titleist TS2 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw

Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw

Cleveland RTX 54* & 58* Mid with Steelfiber i110cw

Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

1 hour ago, ARL67 said:

^^^ Ditto ... Cool that you sent him some BBF ferrules to jazz up your set 

I grabbed a used combo set of 623-M and 902.  I was really impressed with the SW build consistency -> all were within 0.1 SW on my scale -> impressive !   

I've been debating going to the 623M as my current Srixon Z-forged are starting to wear out pretty significantly.  How do you like them? I've heard some comments that they have a rather high spin and higher flight than others resulting in less carry...have you found that to be the case?  Any chance you could post some address pics of and 8 iron and PW?  Sorry to ask so much but I just can't find a whole lot of info out there and I can't find any sets in person.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M9003
FWY: Taylormade Rocketballz Tp 14.5*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18*
Irons: Srixon Z765 3-5 iron, z965 6-PW, Project X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: Cleveland CG14 1 dot
Putter: Taylormade Daytona Rossa with agsi.

Ask and yee shall receive, but only for the PW so far.

Left to right in all the below pics are MP-4, MP-18 MMC, Z-Forged, 623-M.

The Z-Forged and 623-M are very similar in blade shape and overall sizing.

I'm a Mizuno guy and keep two sets of bags,  but grabbed some 623/902 as they were local and cheap enough.  I just grabbed the Z-Forged too as I've never owned a Srixon, but they came at +1" ( not disclosed ) so way too long for me to game and I'm too lazy to rebuild.  I would readily game the 623/902, though I only had them out once and at a couple brief indoor sim time.  If I can sell the shafts in my Z-Forged, then I would consider rebuilding to my specs. But my loyalty is with the Running Bird.

0_back.jpg

1_sole.jpg

2_face.jpg

3_.jpg

Edited by ARL67
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS

Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65

Titleist TS2 16.5 with Accra Tour Z x275

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid with Evenflow White 90

Titleist TS2 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw

Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw

Cleveland RTX 54* & 58* Mid with Steelfiber i110cw

Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in a pickle. I have 902 with lz 6.0 shafts. Played them very well until swing speed out grew the flex and elbow problems became chronic. Decided I would go graphite and try miura to see what everyone loves about them. Playing LAGP 105 blue x shafts with tc201. They are fine but I miss my 902 because never get punished on miss hits. So do I go 902 again and use the current graphite shafts I have or go with 902 or pf2 with MMT 125 x?

On 11/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, ARL67 said:

Ask and yee shall receive, but only for the PW so far.

Left to right in all the below pics are MP-4, MP-18 MMC, Z-Forged, 623-M.

3_.jpg

Great photo here. I never considered a combo 623/902 set because I was going for forgiveness and never really bought into the “yeah but it’s a really really forgiving blade” hype of the 623s. Well I also apparently missed the fact that they have pocket cavities in the heel and toe. So I’m a believer now, even though I haven’t hit them. I have zero regrets about going the route I did but I would believe what the reviews say about the 623 profiling as a very forgiving, high launching MB iron.

D| Ping G400 w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

3W| TaylorMade 07 Burner w/ Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum X

H| Ping G400 22* w/UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Black X

4-P| New Level 902 w/Dynamic Gold TI S400

Wedges| Maltby 51, 56 (M-Series Tour), 60 (Tour Grind MG) w/Dynamic Gold TI Black Onyx S400

P| Yes! Evelyn 12

Ball| Snell MTB Black

7 hours ago, mws82 said:

I’m in a pickle. I have 902 with lz 6.0 shafts. Played them very well until swing speed out grew the flex and elbow problems became chronic. Decided I would go graphite and try miura to see what everyone loves about them. Playing LAGP 105 blue x shafts with tc201. They are fine but I miss my 902 because never get punished on miss hits. So do I go 902 again and use the current graphite shafts I have or go with 902 or pf2 with MMT 125 x?

I have had my honma set and my back up set re-shafted into the MMT 125TX from C Taper 130's. The feel difference is amazing no more sore wrist pains from range days or playing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone who ordered end of November or in December received their 902 irons yet?

As some might know, they had been on back order and Mr. Burch told me already the heads are on their way to New Level from the Chinese vendor, and they will be processing orders as soon as customs is sorted. That was on Dec. 22. 

On the website, there’s no backorder warning anymore so I’m guessing the wait cannot be much longer. Just curious if anyone else on here is waiting, I’m biting my nails...

@LukeDonaldsTigerI just received my 902's yesterday, I ordered them at the end of Nov.  They look and feel great, trust me New Level is busting their butts trying to get orders out.  Trust me they are worth the wait time, everything was to spec how I ordered them.  After a fast 18 yesterday evening I may have to go order the wedges to match the set. Good luck and I'm sure you will get yours soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have played about 15 rounds with my set and I couldn't be happier. The feel on well struck shots is great, like you have destroyed the ball's will to live. I carry a 4 index and have a pretty balanced skill set. I made a concerted effort to prioritize forgiveness and feel over shot shaping and workability, and these check all of the boxes. Trajectory and shape control can still be done, but to a lesser degree than muscle back blades. These also shine on mis-hits; from time to time I still find myself smiling in surprise that I have a birdie putt after a mis-hit approach shot. Anyone looking for that blend of solid forged feel with forgiveness on mediocre strikes should 100% check these out.

• Thanks 1

D| Ping G400 w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

3W| TaylorMade 07 Burner w/ Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum X

H| Ping G400 22* w/UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Black X

4-P| New Level 902 w/Dynamic Gold TI S400

Wedges| Maltby 51, 56 (M-Series Tour), 60 (Tour Grind MG) w/Dynamic Gold TI Black Onyx S400

P| Yes! Evelyn 12

Ball| Snell MTB Black

8 hours ago, ezputt4a3 said:

@LukeDonaldsTigerI just received my 902's yesterday, I ordered them at the end of Nov.  They look and feel great, trust me New Level is busting their butts trying to get orders out.  Trust me they are worth the wait time, everything was to spec how I ordered them.  After a fast 18 yesterday evening I may have to go order the wedges to match the set. Good luck and I'm sure you will get yours soon.

Thank you both!

I ordered end of Nov. as well, but also ordered a 50* M-Type wedge, which is exactly what’s on backorder now- should give them a hint that a GW would have been a great idea. 
Hope they play great for you and looking forward to receiving mine- courses are closed now due to snow anyway, and possible 2nd lockdown in sight, so not really in a hurry but curious and excited. 

13 hours ago, ezputt4a3 said:

Same here. Got mine yesterday and they are definitely worth the wait. They give me a Bridgestone sort of vibe and everything matched the specs I ordered. Couldn't be happier.

Edited by RH82

Hi guys. 

question: 

i started playing this august and have gone from 54index to 27 in two months. Im looking to buy some new clubs and cane across a used but in mint consition 902 forged here in norway for a really good price.  

im not the strongest ballstriker(yet); but im imrpoving in a good tempo. 
In your opinions would i take on too much if i got these? 
Or could i play myself better with them and have them for many years of eventually good golf? 
i wil not be able to try them out before hand as they are in another part of the country and there isnt any proshops in my town either. 

love to hear tour thoughts on this. I do love the looks of them.