Bettinardi 2021 release

hypergolf

On 11/19/2020 at 12:57 PM, altess27 said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'm a lefty and I actually like the SS7. It certainly sucks only getting 2 total options but at least there is something new.

Agreed. Not the most familiar with bettinardi but I really like this model and am thinking about pulling the trigger. 

On 11/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, hypergolf said:

Agree. I like the feel of Queen Bee 5 but it is too heavy for me. So it is collecting dust and I am using BB1 instead. Some kind of weight port will definitely be nice. Bettinardi, if you are reading this please include this feature on your next release.

Have you tried using a heavier grip? Adding some counter balance could help if you like the feel and want to try something.

D - Ping G425 Max - Alta CB Slate 55s

3w - Callaway Rogue, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 6s

2h - Ping g425, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 7s

3h - Ping g400 Crossover - Alta CB S

4-AW - Taylormade P790 (2019) - Nippon NS Pro 950s

54* - Vokey F-Grind

68* - Bokey M-Grind

Putter - Bettinardi Queen Bee 5

(top of bag rotates)

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think this really deserved its own thread, but just wanted to note that Bettinardi announced that Matt Fitzpatrick is officially on staff with them now. He was already using their take on his old Yes putter. They also called his face "Prototype Roll Control," which basically confirms that he was the guy that they were working with on their new face technology.

If the Roll Control performs like the Yes C-Grooves, Bettinardi is going to have a winner on their hands.

Actually here's the press release from Bettinardi where they talk about the face milling development: https://bettinardi.com/blogs/news/bettinardi-golf-signs-pga-tour-no-22-star-matthew-fitzpatrick

Edited by MaineMariner

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

27 minutes ago, MattUtah said:

Anyone else get a Black Friday release 2021 studio stock? I got a 28 and have a 7 on the way. I’m curious on your thoughts on the RC face outside. I’ve only carpet putted mine. 

+1 Curious about RC face as well. Studio Stock 18 is the model I would like to purchase but can't find any to demo around me.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

7 minutes ago, hypergolf said:

+1 Curious about RC face as well. Studio Stock 18 is the model I would like to purchase but can't find any to demo around me.

There aren’t any to demo because the line isn’t out yet. The only way to try them is the blackout Black Friday editions that they sell early. 

From indoor carpet putting I can tell you it doesn’t feel like the FIT at all. Firmer sounding. Can’t really tell if it’s rolling any better - that’s why I’m curious if anyone has taken theirs outside. I’m selling 1 or both of mine so they aren’t going outside. 

35 minutes ago, MattUtah said:

There aren’t any to demo because the line isn’t out yet. The only way to try them is the blackout Black Friday editions that they sell early. 

From indoor carpet putting I can tell you it doesn’t feel like the FIT at all. Firmer sounding. Can’t really tell if it’s rolling any better - that’s why I’m curious if anyone has taken theirs outside. I’m selling 1 or both of mine so they aren’t going outside. 

What I meant is there is no store that carries any Bettinardi demo clubs around me. Whether it be new or old.

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Ball - Srixon Z Star

Ball - Srixon Z Star

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year to me... I just got the notification that my 9 lb. (!!) shipment from Tinley Park, IL, has been picked up by FedEx and should get to me on 12/30.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

My Studio Stock 17 arrived today. I know, I know, honeymoon phase and whatnot, but I am beyond excited about it. I think this is The One. A few early thoughts:

- Looks as gorgeous as you would expect in person. The finish is beautiful and the milling very sharp. Aesthetically, it's a home run.

- But you knew it looked good, so on to the important stuff: the new Roll Control face feels reeeeeally nice. One of the early reviews mentioned it being noticeably firmer than the FIT Face, but it's still very soft. I hit some putts back to back with my 2017 SS #8 (with the FIT Face), which I would put as the extreme end of the softness for a non-insert putter, and it's definitely firmer than that. My points of comparison are the old SS, Ping Heppler ZB3, and Ping Vault Arna. I would say it's closest to the SS #8, but with a bit more feedback. It's somewhere between the Ping Vault and the 2017 SS.

- The face is interesting. If you run your finger across the old SS Fit Face and the new SS Roll Control face, the RC is way shallower. In fact, there's not much difference between the light milling on the rest of the face and the RC portion. I don't have a Yes! putter to compare it too, but my memory is that the Yes! face had more pronounced grooves than the RC face.

- The size of the SS 17 is just perfect. I can take some comparison pictures later if anyone cares, but it's a good deal deeper in the flange area than the SS 8. Same heel to toe length. Face is just a smidge taller. It feels like it swings nice and steady. It reminds me more of an Odyssey 1w in size than a traditional Answer-type blade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

47 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

My Studio Stock 17 arrived today. I know, I know, honeymoon phase and whatnot, but I am beyond excited about it. I think this is The One. A few early thoughts:

- Looks as gorgeous as you would expect in person. The finish is beautiful and the milling very sharp. Aesthetically, it's a home run.

- But you knew it looked good, so on to the important stuff: the new Roll Control face feels reeeeeally nice. One of the early reviews mentioned it being noticeably firmer than the FIT Face, but it's still very soft. I hit some putts back to back with my 2017 SS #8 (with the FIT Face), which I would put as the extreme end of the softness for a non-insert putter, and it's definitely firmer than that. My points of comparison are the old SS, Ping Heppler ZB3, and Ping Vault Arna. I would say it's closest to the SS #8, but with a bit more feedback. It's somewhere between the Ping Vault and the 2017 SS.

- The face is interesting. If you run your finger across the old SS Fit Face and the new SS Roll Control face, the RC is way shallower. In fact, there's not much difference between the light milling on the rest of the face and the RC portion. I don't have a Yes! putter to compare it too, but my memory is that the Yes! face had more pronounced grooves than the RC face.

- The size of the SS 17 is just perfect. I can take some comparison pictures later if anyone cares, but it's a good deal deeper in the flange area than the SS 8. Same heel to toe length. Face is just a smidge taller. It feels like it swings nice and steady. It reminds me more of an Odyssey 1w in size than a traditional Answer-type blade.

Whoops, you must be referring to me when you said someone said it was firm feeling. I definitely don’t think the new RC SS28 feels firm at all - just firmer than FIT. Sorry to give you the wrong impression. I think the face feels great. I’m curious what you think once you’ve had it outside. I couldn’t really see any roll difference inside on my mat so I’m curious what it does outside. 

I would love to see a pic comparing the 17 and 8 when you have time. The 8 was great but felt a little small. The 17, from what you said, sounds better to me. I didn’t order the 17 because I thought it was basically identical to the 8. 

5 minutes ago, MattUtah said:

Whoops, you must be referring to me when you said someone said it was firm feeling. I definitely don’t think the new RC SS28 feels firm at all - just firmer than FIT. Sorry to give you the wrong impression. I think the face feels great. I’m curious what you think once you’ve had it outside. I couldn’t really see any roll difference inside on my mat so I’m curious what it does outside. 

I would love to see a pic comparing the 17 and 8 when you have time. The 8 was great but felt a little small. The 17, from what you said, sounds better to me. I didn’t order the 17 because I thought it was basically identical to the 8. 

Nope, I was referring to an article I read, not you! And I actually much prefer a firmer feeling face than the FIT face, and that's one of the reasons I splurged for the new putter. I struggled a bit with my SS 8 when the greens were slow and I need to give it more of a whack. I've been carpet putting for like an hour now and reeeeally like the feel. Feels pretty much perfect. It's certainly hard to say if the actual roll is any different, but we'll see how it goes when we can get it on the course. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Have you lefties ever tried putting from the right side before?
I played lefthanded when I was younger and my Uncle turned me around.  Back then (1970's) it was even harder to find decent clubs for LH players so he told me if I ever wanted to buy a good set that I should turn around and play righty.  For quite awhile I continued to swing (driver / irons) lefthanded (because I was stronger from the left side), but right after my Uncle talked to me about it I switched to putting righthanded.  It's not as hard a transition as changing your full swing, and I actually putted better from the right side than the left!
As for the Betti's.........that #17 has my name written all over it.
And since I putt right handed.....:)

Edited by T-MAC

On 12/28/2020 at 8:32 PM, dhen9 said:

Man I always wanted a Baby Ben. Now with Innovai 7 Spud I can have it. Those things look so cool. Perhaps I five into the Bettinardi pool with Innovai 7 and Studio Stock 17. What a great looking lineup. 

You can get one on eBay for less than $50, shipped. It won't be Angel Blue but will be the same shape and save you around $350. I have the original version called the "Excelerator" that's CS and Tour Only. I still get it out around the first of the season as it's the best 'alignment' putter I've ever seen.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, T-MAC said:

I played lefthanded when I was younger and my Uncle turned me around.  Back then (1970's) it was even harder to find decent clubs for LH players so he told me if I ever wanted to buy a good set that I should turn around and play righty.  For quite awhile I continued to swing (driver / irons) lefthanded (because I was stronger from the left side), but right after my Uncle talked to me about it I switched to putting righthanded.  It's not as hard a transition as changing your full swing, and I actually putted better from the right side than the left!

Yea I’ve only putted righty for a couple rounds and it’s not that hard. With a little practice I could prob switch. Will think on that

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, T-MAC said:

I putt right handed in store often or if I come across a putter I really want to try just cause of how hard it is to find LH putters at times. Honestly not too bad just have to find a more comfortable grip but I could probably play a round RH easily. I'm honestly thinking of buying a RH putter to practice with and maybe play a few 9 hole rounds with one as well. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 1/6/2021 at 4:50 PM, B-Man said:

Had a 2:00 tee time yesterday at Studio B. Here's my score.

20210105_135045.jpg.385630783229432e9483b42514506ff5.jpg

20210105_161116.jpg.45fce28468ffd533b84f60c2df6c0365.jpg

20210105_161126.jpg.f2dfbd321916a916c073f0ef6b708dbb.jpg

I want to go one day, it's not too far for me but with a closed border now it's impossible.

But you being a lefty can probably answer one of my questions, what is their lefty selection like? I know they have some Hive options like this and honestly it would be what I would grab since their OTR options I'm not a fan of. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

14 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I want to go one day, it's not too far for me but with a closed border now it's impossible.

But you being a lefty can probably answer one of my questions, what is their lefty selection like? I know they have some Hive options like this and honestly it would be what I would grab since their OTR options I'm not a fan of. 

I spent maybe 2 minutes in The Hive. There was maybe 10 or so options for lefties that I glanced over quickly. Only one I liked was a raw Queen B with deep horizontal milling but I didn't even bother asking what it was worth. 

• Like 1

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Just now, B-Man said:

I spent maybe 2 minutes in The Hive. There was maybe 10 or so options for lefties that I glanced over quickly. Only one I liked was a raw Queen B with deep horizontal milling but I didn't even bother asking what it was worth. 

I guess 10 options is better than none. My worry is I'd walk in see nothing I like and walk out, or just buy something I don't really want and take a huge hit selling it.

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 12/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, T-MAC said:

I putted right handed for several years.  I was great inside 10 feet but my sped control was lacking on longer lag putts.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

I would love to know first hand opinions on difference in feel of the FIT face on a SS versus aluminum Betti.  My only experience was with a BB54 prototype, which was my holy grail of putters at the time, but ended up feeling way too soft.  Highly interested in the baby ben remake but hesitant on the face. 

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

How are you liking the ss17? Looks amazing.

Living in PA means I'm stuck with carpet putting for the next couple months, but I'm beyond thrilled with it. Everything about it is just perfect for me - the feel, size, and finish are exactly what I was after. Love how the slant neck intersects with the head, too. It makes it really easy to line up.

One thing I did do was cut off the stock grip for a Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star cord. I go back and forth on the Deep Etched shape - it fills my hand perfectly, but sometimes the sharp edges bother me. After spending a bunch of time with the stock grip, I can say that I'm definitely not a fan of the new Lamkin material. It feels nice at first when you pick up the club, but over extended putting sessions it just feels kind of uncomfortable. I swear it makes my hands feel hot, which is weird.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

29 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

Living in PA means I'm stuck with carpet putting for the next couple months, but I'm beyond thrilled with it. Everything about it is just perfect for me - the feel, size, and finish are exactly what I was after. Love how the slant neck intersects with the head, too. It makes it really easy to line up.

One thing I did do was cut off the stock grip for a Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star cord. I go back and forth on the Deep Etched shape - it fills my hand perfectly, but sometimes the sharp edges bother me. After spending a bunch of time with the stock grip, I can say that I'm definitely not a fan of the new Lamkin material. It feels nice at first when you pick up the club, but over extended putting sessions it just feels kind of uncomfortable. I swear it makes my hands feel hot, which is weird.

Yea im a fan of that head.l, always loved the circa 62 i think, #2...and with this slant neck, i dont know how long ill be able to resist. 🥺The finish is a definite upgrade as well.