Masters or your football teams?

Okay, people, what is your choice this weekend?

Watch The Masters live and record and watch your college and/or NFL team later?

Watch your college and/or NFL team live and record and watch The Masters later?

Who cares about The Masters, it should be played in April, like normal.

Who cares about football? It's The Masters!!!!

I won't watch either The Masters or football this weekend. I have better things to do.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're asking this on a golf forum?   It's always the Masters.   It's not like there are many options in Michigan anyway.

I'm a Bears fan. Depending on who you ask, it's been about 14 or 35 years since they've been a priority. Golf all the way. 

Golf will be less exciting because less balls will go in the hole since no one is screaming at the ball to go in the hole.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I won't watch either The Masters or football this weekend. I have better things to do.

Then sort of a pointless thread. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I’ll probably get banned from the board for this, but.....if my football team was anywhere near the caliber they were 25 (ish) years ago I’d be taping the golf. But, since I have to work anyway, I’ll just tape both.  And then probably not watch the game anyway since we’re so bad. 

Masters in November still seems “off” to me.  My wife and I are going away Saturday and Sunday and I’ll be chasing pheasants Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I’m still shocked when I set this up a couple weeks ago I didn’t even think about the tournament. I’ll watch plenty of Live From and watch at work live and taped in the evening but missing the final round seems strange. NFL football? Quit watching in a significant way when my girls were in middle and elementary school - I just couldn’t transition from the teams I loved to watch growing up and through college to the new era and we always had things to do Sunday afternoons. Honestly, I’ve watched almost no golf since it resumed. Played today though!

• Like 2

Weekend it has to be about the Masters. Unless your team is doing well I would be interested to know why you wouldnt watch. 

TaylorMade R1 Devotion 06/ SLDR Preferred 430 10* 661 Stiff Flex
TaylorMade Aeroburner Graphite Design BB6S

TaylorMade SLDR 20* Motore 8.3 Tour Spec X

Bridgestone J15 Mb 4-PW Recoil 110 F4

Taylormade HiToe 52/60 C taper 120

Cleveland Hunington Beach #11 Raw
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Masters all day long.

The Scottish National team having a final qualifier against Serbia on Thursday. The winner gets a spot in the European Championship. We haven’t qualified for a major event since 1998. It’s a BIG deal. The game will be on my iPad Thursday night. The Masters gets the big screen treatment.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

58 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

Masters all day long.

The Scottish National team having a final qualifier against Serbia on Thursday. The winner gets a spot in the European Championship. We haven’t qualified for a major event since 1998. It’s a BIG deal. The game will be on my iPad Thursday night. The Masters gets the big screen treatment.

current swing coached by wrxers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgXZab7vI4

11 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

I have that and the Del Amitri’s greatest hit CD somewhere...

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I don’t have football teams. Haven’t watched an nfl game in 20 years in totality. It’s a game that is well past being watchable in my opinion.   I do however love college football.  But as a gamecock fan , I don’t think I’ll be missing masters coverage to watch another 40 point loss.  I’ll take solace in the Clemson loss this past week and take the week off from college football .  

• Like 1

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Tensie CK blue 80TX 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

9 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Masters in November still seems “off” to me.  My wife and I are going away Saturday and Sunday and I’ll be chasing pheasants Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I’m still shocked when I set this up a couple weeks ago I didn’t even think about the tournament. I’ll watch plenty of Live From and watch at work live and taped in the evening but missing the final round seems strange. NFL football? Quit watching in a significant way when my girls were in middle and elementary school - I just couldn’t transition from the teams I loved to watch growing up and through college to the new era and we always had things to do Sunday afternoons. Honestly, I’ve watched almost no golf since it resumed. Played today though!

I wish I could say that.  While the pandemic seems to have upped everyone’s rounds , it cut mine to nothing.  Went from 3/4 a week to 1 tops . All year.  2020 has given no quarter to me.  I have 7 huge oaks down around the house from the last hurricane , so a chainsaw is in my future for the next 7-8 years ( lol) .  Then we have a 120 year old barn to rebuild that one of the trees destroyed.  

irony of it all is that I’m playing the best golf of my life.   I destroyed a guy in interclub match play on Saturday ( first round deep into the 60s in a while )  , and It was with a 20 year old set of irons I pulled form the closet.  I just shake my head , came home and continued to hang crown molding in the new room we added a year ago.   Yes. Aside from a business to run , a 12 year old at home in school , and now a forest of oaks down on my barn , I was in the middle of a house renovation when the pandemic  hit.  Luckily the electrical was 100 % complete so it’s very livable.  Anyway.   Enjoy the play. Only golf I’ll see is from the ladder while painting most likely.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Tensie CK blue 80TX 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

7 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I wish I could say that.  While the pandemic seems to have upped everyone’s rounds , it cut mine to nothing.  Went from 3/4 a week to 1 tops . All year.  2020 has given no quarter to me.  I have 7 huge oaks down around the house from the last hurricane , so a chainsaw is in my future for the next 7-8 years ( lol) .  Then we have a 120 year old barn to rebuild that one of the trees destroyed.  

irony of it all is that I’m playing the best golf of my life.   I destroyed a guy in interclub match play on Saturday ( first round deep into the 60s in a while )  , and It was with a 20 year old set of irons I pulled form the closet.  I just shake my head , came home and continued to hang crown molding in the new room we added a year ago.   Yes. Aside from a business to run , a 12 year old at home in school , and now a forest of oaks down on my barn , I was in the middle of a house renovation when the pandemic  hit.  Luckily the electrical was 100 % complete so it’s very livable.  Anyway.   Enjoy the play. Only golf I’ll see is from the ladder while painting most likely.  🤦‍♂️

It was one lucky weekend here.  I put my clubs away weeks ago, then we had snow and frigid temps, then it all melted and we had a week of unusually warm weather, so took them out of the basement and played Sat/Sun - sustained 25-30 mile an hour winds and gusts, lol, so hit three of the longest drives of my life downwind with firm fairways.  It was fun but from this afternoon to tomorrow morning the temps will go from 65 to 27 so we're done!  

Sounds like a lot to deal with but when it's 15 below here in January you can smile. 😉 Good luck with the projects, look forward to next season and have a great Thanksgiving!

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, DennyJones said:

You're asking this on a golf forum?   It's always the Masters.   It's not like there are many options in Michigan anyway.

This! My football teams are (were?) the Wolverines and the Lions. And those seasons are affectively over.  But either way, it's Masters 100% of the time, at any time of year. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

WITB:

Driver: Ping G410 LST 9.0° [Tensei Orange 60]

Fairway Woods: Taylormade M2 16.5° [Fujikara Pro], Nike VR Pro LTD 19° [Elements Chrome 7F4] 

Irons: Ping iBlade 4-PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 50°F [Chrome] 54°S/58°S [Jet Black]

Putter: Nike B2-01

16 hours ago, Loki said:

must be joking, I'm an ex jets fan.