Masters or your football teams?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're asking this on a golf forum?   It's always the Masters.   It's not like there are many options in Michigan anyway.

I'm a Bears fan. Depending on who you ask, it's been about 14 or 35 years since they've been a priority. Golf all the way. 

Golf will be less exciting because less balls will go in the hole since no one is screaming at the ball to go in the hole.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dr. Block said:

I'm a Bears fan. Depending on who you ask, it's been about 14 or 35 years since they've been a priority. Golf all the way. 

My Facebook memory from 2014 popped up today noting that Cry-tler's 6 years remaining in his contract extension meant I could continue to go golfing the next 86 Sundays during football season.

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

[right]"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."[/right]
[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

11 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I wish I could say that.  While the pandemic seems to have upped everyone’s rounds , it cut mine to nothing.  Went from 3/4 a week to 1 tops . All year.  2020 has given no quarter to me.  I have 7 huge oaks down around the house from the last hurricane , so a chainsaw is in my future for the next 7-8 years ( lol) .  Then we have a 120 year old barn to rebuild that one of the trees destroyed.  

irony of it all is that I’m playing the best golf of my life.   I destroyed a guy in interclub match play on Saturday ( first round deep into the 60s in a while )  , and It was with a 20 year old set of irons I pulled form the closet.  I just shake my head , came home and continued to hang crown molding in the new room we added a year ago.   Yes. Aside from a business to run , a 12 year old at home in school , and now a forest of oaks down on my barn , I was in the middle of a house renovation when the pandemic  hit.  Luckily the electrical was 100 % complete so it’s very livable.  Anyway.   Enjoy the play. Only golf I’ll see is from the ladder while painting most likely.  🤦‍♂️

Congratulations on posting the not so humble brag of the year candidate! 😆 Well done!

Since no one else has said it...I will be playing golf Saturday, smh first guy to say this and we’re on page 2, while I record the Masters and watch in the afternoon. Then Sunday will be a day for golf in one room and football in the other-wife is an NFL fanatic.

• Thanks 1

WITB
Tools for the job!

Masters!!!

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

10 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Congratulations on posting the not so humble brag of the year candidate! 😆 Well done!

Since no one else has said it...I will be playing golf Saturday, smh first guy to say this and we’re on page 2, while I record the Masters and watch in the afternoon. Then Sunday will be a day for golf in one room and football in the other-wife is an NFL fanatic.

Lol.  Hey !   Sometimes you have to pat yourself on the back if nobody else will.  Besides.  This was payback.   See my theme song below !

and I’ll agree.  If the rain stays away I’ll be playing Saturday morning too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Tensie CK blue 80TX 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

17 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

My Facebook memory from 2014 popped up today noting that Cry-tler's 6 years remaining in his contract extension meant I could continue to go golfing the next 86 Sundays during football season.

Since the Bears play Monday night I'll watch both. Although for the Bears game my thumb will be hovering over the off button.

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 818H2 19*

Titleist 816H2 23*
Wilson V6's  4-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

2 minutes ago, gvogel said:

Our NFL team is having a good year, and the game starts at 4:00 on CBS.  The CBS Masters coverage goes from 10:00 to 3:00.  So, unless there is a playoff, I don't have to choose.

Saturday? The Masters.

Yeah me too. The Bills don't play till 4:05 so once The Masters is done I can flip over.  As for any other games, I only care if I have money on them and whether I'm watching or not won't change the outcome. 🙂

I haven't been able to watch CFB for some reason. I think the lack of fans (Big 10) makes it seem eh. I have been watching NFL though. I'm not sure I understand why they feel different to me. I will likely be on the Master with flipping back and forth Sunday depending on how it is going. It will not be the same without the roars as others have said. That is the magic of the tournament.

I grew up in NYC...so college football holds zero interest for me, and my alma mater had no football team.

And, 40 years ago, I made the worst decision of my life...I chose the Jets over the Giants.  Fortunately, they don't air them here in LA...well, except for last night's game against the Pats...at least it was entertaining for the full broadcast.

I can't take any more disappointment!

I don't watch pro football anymore so Sunday is wide open for golf. Saturday is open too as my college team has covid and the game has been postponed. They suck anyway so the Masters is a no brainer as it would be even if they were having a good season. The Masters is my favorite sporting event so nothing gets in the way of watching it. Not unless I croke beforehand. 😞

My senior bag.......

Callaway Rogue 9.0* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4,5 hybrids reg
Cobra F9 SL  6-g irons
Ping Glide 52* & 58*
Ping CrazE putter
Datrex 15 way IDS cart bag - black

On 11/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, Hawkeye77 said:

Then sort of a pointless thread. 

On 11/8/2020 at 6:57 PM, disco111 said:

Deep Fried Bits Available on Twitter Now! | Deep Fried BitsYou are aware that this is WRX, aren't you!!...............Bowlers... what can i say!

Speaking of a pointless thread and bowlers - 

Curious...............how do YOU pronounce this bowler's name? 

image.png.b35aa1dd045a7be473325bbe6171f748.png

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 7:59 PM, Hawkeye77 said:

Masters in November still seems “off” to me.  My wife and I are going away Saturday and Sunday and I’ll be chasing pheasants Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I’m still shocked when I set this up a couple weeks ago I didn’t even think about the tournament. I’ll watch plenty of Live From and watch at work live and taped in the evening but missing the final round seems strange. NFL football? Quit watching in a significant way when my girls were in middle and elementary school - I just couldn’t transition from the teams I loved to watch growing up and through college to the new era and we always had things to do Sunday afternoons. Honestly, I’ve watched almost no golf since it resumed. Played today though!

I posted my response in this thread without even thinking. When we finished the basement last year and I set up the “man cave”, I put up twoTVs. I can watch both!  Only two problems, I have to work, and lately I usually end up turning off the football game by middle of the second half because we’re so bad.  

55 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I posted my response in this thread without even thinking. When we finished the basement last year and I set up the “man cave”, I put up twoTVs. I can watch both!  Only two problems, I have to work, and lately I usually end up turning off the football game by middle of the second half because we’re so bad.  

I'll have it on at work Th-Fr, but it really just becomes noise like the stereo. Watching golf at work very overrated if you work, lol. 

Denver fan? Or are you talking about the Huskers?

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I’m assuming UCF is Central Florida........want your coach back?!😀

Honestly I think both schools might like a do over lol. He’s a phenomenal coach who just isn’t going to get the athletes he needs for his system to work at Nebraska 

• Like 1

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I have Dish and can record/watch 16 shows simultaneously. I rarely watch anything live anymore because I hate paying to watch commercials. While the Masters is fairly commercial free it does have a lot of human interest back stories that I fast forward through.

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

College team plays late Saturday... so that's a win... Sunday I'll probably just bounce back and forth... depending on the leaderboard

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Masters all the way... Don't think we're ever gonna see another one in November. Pitt's a tremendous disappointment and Augusta National is a hell of a lot prettier then seeing the boys in black and gold try to play down to the Bungals. 

Edited by shoot4par

Callaway - Epic Subzero 9* Oban Kiyoshi White 68g 04

TEE - CB Pro Limited 16.5*  Oban Kiyoshi White 74g 04

TEE - CB Pro U 19* Paderson KINETIXX TS Hybrid 80

Miura - Baby Blades 4 - PW KBS Tour Black 120s

Vokey - SM7 52* 56* 60* KBS Tour Black 120s

S.C. - Art of Putting Newport 2 35"

Grips- Iomic Sticky 2.3 .60

On 11/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, manku said:

I grew up in NYC...so college football holds zero interest for me, and my alma mater had no football team.

And, 40 years ago, I made the worst decision of my life...I chose the Jets over the Giants.  Fortunately, they don't air them here in LA...well, except for last night's game against the Pats...at least it was entertaining for the full broadcast.

I can't take any more disappointment!

Im from nyc and was huge college fooball watcher. But that was in the days of Hershel and Bo and...the Boz. Flutie vs Bernie Kosar, epic! Miami “The U” vs. Notre Dame. Fuhgedaboudit.

As far as the jets, you old enough to remember the New York Sack Exchange?! And the “mud bowl” vs Miami?

D78E1FD2-101A-4C8E-B157-E1705BA3AF51.jpeg