• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've owned a black Jones Players Series bag for a little over a year, but I've only just started using it.   The strap has softened and is very comfortable, the bag balances beautifully and

I have both.  I have been using the carry bag for over 6 months now and love it.  There is quite a bit of freedom of not having to worry about standing the bag up and just laying it on the floor.  How

Yes I can fit 14 in my Sunday. The stand has a bigger opening than the Sunday if that’s you’re concern. Also, send them an email. The owner replies quickly. 

Posted Images

I have both.  I have been using the carry bag for over 6 months now and love it.  There is quite a bit of freedom of not having to worry about standing the bag up and just laying it on the floor.  However, now that were entering some wetter seasons, ill be transitioning to my jones stand bag.  Both bags are smaller or more compact than the standard golf bag which I like very much.  In fact, I loved the bags soo much, I havent used my push cart since I started carrying.  My jones bags are so light, I carry even when riding a cart with someone and will just jump off with my whole bag.  

• Thanks 1

Honma 737-445cc 9.5 driver Honma Vizard 70g

Adams Pro Mini 18 Aldila Tour green

Adams Pro Mini 23 Aldila Tour green

Nike VR Forged MB 4-PW

Cleveland 588 Endo Forged MB 4-PW

Miura 50 Forged Wedge, Yururi Forged Wedge 53, Honma Forged Wedge 56

Ping Anser 4 BECU w/ UST frequency filtered shaft

Jones William Murray edition carry bag

I have the classic kinds with no stand - they are fun, but now that I've added more hybrids and have a six headcover bag and carrying 14 for the first time in forever, I'll have to go minimalist with them next season.  One is green with a Masters theme and homage to Nicklaus (keep my 20ths in it), the other is an Open Championship homage.  Customize!

Edited by Hawkeye77

I'm in the same situation.  

I need a new bag for the par 3 close to home.  Something light enough I could walk the 1 mile across town and still carry shoes etc.

Playing vintage clubs I'd like to be a purist and just use a carry bag.  But when I practice and play 4-5 balls on a par 3 where I'm constantly picking up and putting down a stand back just makes more sense.

Do they have any decent holiday sales?

196? Wilson 4300 Strata Bloc 
2-SW - 196? Wilson Dynapowers
Putter - Arnold Palmer Personal

Instagram: cold_war_era_golfer 

I love my Jones carry bags.  I have many.  My dad made me a set of trestle sticks similar to these for a few bucks of material from Home Depot.  Had a few sets of these sticks Since the 1980’s.   Super light and pop in the bag And take out to stand the clubs up when needed.  I wouldn’t pay $40 but wanted to show you what they look like.  Literally like $2 in material to make.

https://www.mackenziegolfbags.com/store/products/trestle-sticks/

Edited by golfunderpar18
1 hour ago, Rks1974 said:

Waiting to pull the trigger on the Shapland stand bag. Still deciding between the vessel vlx and the Shapland. What sealed it for you with Shapland?

I have the carry version. I liked the way a Sunday bag played for me so I decided I wanted something made of better materials. I almost pulled the trigger on a Mac several times but somehow stumbled across the Shapland brand. I then read this review:

https://pluggedingolf.com/shapland-sunday-bag-review/

What sealed the deal for me was the fact that there were several pockets. The leather trim and the hardware for the strapped looked well done also. 

I am sure their stand bag is great as well. I just wouldn’t be able to give you any input on that one. 

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour

5 minutes ago, ckay said:

I have the carry version. I liked the way a Sunday bag played for me so I decided I wanted something made of better materials. I almost pulled the trigger on a Mac several times but somehow stumbled across the Shapland brand. I then read this review:

https://pluggedingolf.com/shapland-sunday-bag-review/

What sealed the deal for me was the fact that there were several pockets. The leather trim and the hardware for the strapped looked well done also. 

I am sure their stand bag is great as well. I just wouldn’t be able to give you any input on that one. 

Thank you for your perspective. Are you able to carry a full set in the Sunday bag?

1 hour ago, Rks1974 said:

Thank you for your perspective. Are you able to carry a full set in the Sunday bag?

Yes I can fit 14 in my Sunday. The stand has a bigger opening than the Sunday if that’s you’re concern. Also, send them an email. The owner replies quickly. 

• Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour

On 11/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, jflores8 said:

how are the straps on the trouper? was thinking of the 2.0 but not a fan of the zipper drink pouch on top.

This year I have used an old Sun Mountain 3.5, a SM 5.5, a Titleist 4 plus, a Mizuno K1-LO, a Ping Craz-e-lite, another Mizuno K1-Lo (warranty on first 1) and I just got a Jones Trouper in the mail today. IMO the Jones trouper straps are the absolute worst strap set up that I have ever encountered. I can't fathom that they wouldn't do a complete redesign on the strap set up. I really like the layout of the pockets, doesn't seem too heavy, but the straps are terrible. I am going to attempt to fit a different set of straps to it and see if that works any better. If it didn't cost so much to ship bags mine would be in the classifieds already.

Went down to my work area (laundry room) and fit the straps from my K1-Lo that was warrantied. I think this may be perfect. Color is a bit off, but feels so much better. 

99883C2E-6AA3-484F-9C98-4CEBEBD71050.jpeg

30084084-932B-437A-BDBE-B363650BB3F4.jpeg

Edited by Sfd732
Pictures
On 12/1/2020 at 11:23 PM, Sfd732 said:

This year I have used an old Sun Mountain 3.5, a SM 5.5, a Titleist 4 plus, a Mizuno K1-LO, a Ping Craz-e-lite, another Mizuno K1-Lo (warranty on first 1) and I just got a Jones Trouper in the mail today. IMO the Jones trouper straps are the absolute worst strap set up that I have ever encountered. I can't fathom that they wouldn't do a complete redesign on the strap set up. I really like the layout of the pockets, doesn't seem too heavy, but the straps are terrible. I am going to attempt to fit a different set of straps to it and see if that works any better. If it didn't cost so much to ship bags mine would be in the classifieds already.

Went down to my work area (laundry room) and fit the straps from my K1-Lo that was warrantied. I think this may be perfect. Color is a bit off, but feels so much better. 

99883C2E-6AA3-484F-9C98-4CEBEBD71050.jpeg

30084084-932B-437A-BDBE-B363650BB3F4.jpeg

Thanks for the update, glad i didnt spend the money.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Jones carry on Black Friday (what a deal 40% off) just for the range and its perfect.  Holds 14 fine and with one large pocket and two zippered plenty to store.  Looks well made and great retro feel to it.  I don't carry much anymore so not sure I'll use at course but if I walk I'm using the Jones bag because its very light.

I've owned a black Jones Players Series bag for a little over a year, but I've only just started using it.

The strap has softened and is very comfortable, the bag balances beautifully and it has enough storage to carry everything I need. Playing in England in December, the temperature is between 2 - 10 degrees Celsius, the bag has enough room to store an extra layer as well as snood/hat/gloves if needed.

Now very happy with the bag, it even performs well when the ground is wet or there is a thick dew. 

• Like 2