2020 Pelican Women's Championship

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my pic with the Stanley Cup too today! Checked that off of the list.   As to the course, length will def help. There was one par 4 playing into the wind that Morgan Pressel couldn't r

My group tomorriw:   Group 11 - 8:05a off of #1   Yealimi Noh Madeline Sagstrom Jennifer Song

Lack of volunteers had me walk 36 yesterday:   AM: Pernilla Lindberg, Jenny Shin, Cydney Clanton PM: Lindy Duncan, Lauren Stephenson, Nathalie Filler   Even bigger fan of Jenn

Posted Images

One of the Best Fields in Women’s Golf Set to Compete at Pelican Golf Club

• Eight of the top ten on the 2020 money list, including Danielle Kang and Brooke Henderson.

• Rolex World No. 1 Jin Young Ko.

• Winners of eight of the last ten majors, as well as past major champions Brittany Lincicome, Stacy Lewis, Morgan Pressel and Mo Martin.

• Multiple winners of the Race to the CME Globe, the LPGA’s season-long points contest, including Lexi Thompson and Lydia Ko.

• Up-and-coming stars like Jennifer Kupcho, Maria Fassi, Muni He, Sierra Brooks, Leona Maguire, Brittany Altomare and Gabi Ruffels, who is competing as an amateur.

• Fan favorites like Natalie Gulbis, Karrie Webb and Cristie Kerr.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Pelican Golf Club

Belleair, Florida

Yardage

1.   4         308          2.  4        445          3. 3        174          4. 4        436          5.  4        347          6. 4        353

7.   5         506          8.  4        407           9. 3        135        10. 4        415          11.  4       325          12. 3       152

13. 4         428         14. 5        473         15. 3        191         16. 4        381          17.  4       317          18. 4        380

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

Interesting that there's been 10 withdrawals from when the field of 108 was first published on their site -- i recall only muni, yealimi and kang being from the Qschool list then, now it's up to 10 of them... (this excluded Matilda, Andrea, Mina  and Pagdanganan, who entered via a diff route (Eg top 10's, money list etc)

The same thing probably will happen to Volunteers of America Classic.

There're currently eight holding places, probably reserved for Top-80 money list (after Pelican) and winner/Top-10 from Pelican.  But there also will be many more withdrawals before the tournament.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The same thing probably will happen to Volunteers of America Classic.

There're currently eight holding places, probably reserved for Top-80 money list (after Pelican) and winner/Top-10 from Pelican.  But there also will be many more withdrawals before the tournament.

What makes you say/think there'll be a lot of withdrawals for Volunteers? Actually am surprised there's been so many withdrawals already - is it because of the scheduling? Or is it injuries? 

6 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

What makes you say/think there'll be a lot of withdrawals for Volunteers? Actually am surprised there's been so many withdrawals already - is it because of the scheduling? Or is it injuries? 

The pandemic isn't getting any better;  it's bad and can get a lot worse.

But mainly, 2020 has been and will be a lost season.   Other than money, players who're secure with their priorities don't have a lot to play for.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The pandemic isn't getting any better;  it's bad and can get a lot worse.

But mainly, 2020 has been and will be a lost season.   Other than money, players who're secure with their priorities don't have a lot to play for.

I guess this year is a "write off" save for a few then... But the thing is, 2021 isn't shaping up to be much better, certainly until a vaccine is fully approved and rolled out, 2021 will still be "ab"normal... This is a tough one to call, but those who are "brave" and "take advantage" of the challenges, will certainly (or should at least) get rewarded... Am curious to see how this year actually ends up and how the LPGA "adjusts" to some "unusual" circumstances on players: eg top 80 players this year but poor priority, winners of majors (shld another Popov emerge), etc etc... Whan has quite a bit of juggling act ahead of him...

• Like 2

It's a good field, a lot of Rolex points will be at stake; but Sei Young Kim wouldn't overtake Jin Young Ko as No. 1 even if she wins.

Nevertheless, between now and the end of the year Sei Young, Nelly, Danielle and Inbee all have chances to become No. 1.   

However, Jin Young can take the bull by the horns by winning USWO. 

Edited by 18majors

Bet365.com odds:

Top-5

Nasa Hataoka  9/1          Sei Young Kim        9/1   Brooke Henderson  10/1   Jin Young Ko  11/1       Minjee Lee   14/1     

Top Rookies

Yealimi Noh    50/1   Bianca Pagdanganan   60/1  Matilda Castren   80/1    Leona Maguire  140/1  Andrea Lee 140/1                     

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

Hmmm, I was going to go with Danielle this week, but she doesn't seem to be playing. 

I'll go with a first time winner, Jennifer Song. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

14 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Nice to know!

Boy, our boards are super alive on tournament weeks! 🙂  I guess Beth/18majors has an article or two (or three) on golfweek tomorrow?  BTW, did i read right that Bianca is featured as a rookie on golf channel for the Pelican tournament?  any ideas when that'll be aired at the GolfChannel?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Boy, our boards are super alive on tournament weeks! 🙂  I guess Beth/18majors has an article or two (or three) on golfweek tomorrow?  BTW, did i read right that Bianca is featured as a rookie on golf channel for the Pelican tournament?  any ideas when that'll be aired at the GolfChannel?

If I remember it correctly, they air the rookie segment on Saturday.  They aired Yealimi Noh on Saturday during the Walmart NWA week.

Hopefully, Bianca makes the cut!  😀

• Thanks 1

Maybe I don't much attention usually, but is this course rather short? I count 7 holes under 400 yds...

This looks like a bombers paradise. If Bianca can hit fairways and putts she oughta dust the field.
Killer field too..so many solid choices.

I gotta pick Bianca, or maybe Lexi. Jenny Shin top 10.
Would love to see Karrie Webb make a run.

Edited by ChronicSlicer
  • Like 1