Rapsodo MLM indoor information

I wanted to get an inexpensive portable launch monitor for my garage so I can see what my ball flight looks like. The one from Rapsodo looked like the best bang for your buck (if you have an Apple product)

I wanted to see some sort of side spin otherwise it was useless to me and it wasn't clear if it showed that with indoor use. I had a chat with a representative there this am and she said it will show a positive or negative for left and right dispersion. the one thing I did not ask was will it tell you how far left or right your ball went. I 'll go ask that now. Also as of this morning it is compatible with Iphone 8. 

While this isn't perfect it's far less than a Mevo+.

Just sharing the info I learned.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought one a few weeks ago. Overall, I'm really happy with it!  It's definitely not perfect indoor or outdoor, but its whole deal is "within 2.5% of Trackman's #s for 2.5% of the price," and I think

I bought one a few weeks ago. Overall, I'm really happy with it!  It's definitely not perfect indoor or outdoor, but its whole deal is "within 2.5% of Trackman's #s for 2.5% of the price," and I think it has reasonably matched my expectations.

Outdoor, the shot tracer is fairly accurate about 85% of the time - there will be some random ones that just don't look right at all. I'd say carry distance (especially with short through mid irons) is only a few yards different, and it's consistently different. For example, on the course, I expect my 8i to carry 168 and the Rapsodo MLM will show low 170s; I know just to take a few yards off what the MLM says. It may be different for others, though, so it really helps if you have an idea of what the correct number should be. Also, launch angle can return some pretty crazy numbers sometimes, but it will at least pick up the difference between a long and short iron. I don't know what my launch is off Trackman, so I can't verify those numbers.

Indoor, the accuracy certainly CAN match the outdoor setting, but you have to really fine-tune the set up to be the perfect distance away from the unit and allow for the perfect amount of ball flight. I've found this varies by indoor lighting (e.g. when my garage door is open versus closed). There's no shot tracer estimate indoor, which does make it challenging to understand what's happening. Best substitute is the "launch direction" metric, but it doesn't tell you anything about side spin.

Let us know what you hear from their customer support!

• Like 1

Driver:      Ping G400 9* + 2g lead tape - PING Tour 65 S 

3-wood:    Ping G400 13.5* - PING Tour 75 X

3-hybrid:   Ping G400 19* - PING Alta CB 70 S

Irons:         Srixon Z785 4-PW - KBS Tour 130 X 

Wedges:    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50-10, 54-12 & 60-12 - DG S400 

Putter:       Ping Cadence TR Shea Heavy