2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Level PF-2 Forged Irons

RH82

4 hours ago, RH82 said:

I know these are new but has anyone had the chance to hit them yet? There's not a lot of info out there but I was curious in how they compare to the 902's. Per the specs, the PF-2 irons have quite a bit less offset which is a plus.

PF-2 Forged Irons

You can email and ask them, or respond on Twitter. I had success in asking differences from the PF-1 and 623’s. They were very forthcoming and informative on the differences! 

8 hours ago, tbone18 said:

I just received my custom order yesterday.  Today I got to hit them outside.  They are great looking with minimal offset.  True forged feel, very soft.  Never hit or seen the 902 in person so can't help on that comparison.

How was the forgiveness?

1 hour ago, wonderif said:

You must be a fan of Miura--how would you compare the PF-2 with any Miura CB's if you played before?  

I have a set of CB1007 and the NL are slightly thicker top line and a bit softer feel with some more forgiveness. Miura irons to me are a little bit crisper on the feel side.

3 hours ago, wis99ski said:

Long time MP-32 player.  Taking a hard look at the PF-2.  Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

The PF-2 irons will be more forgiving than the MP-32 irons. I believe the PF-2 will be a tad bit softer feel as well. The MP-32 was more of a true blade style and the NL are a pure shallow cavity back iron. Plus the NL should be a bit longer from heel to toe than the Mizuno. 

• Like 1

I was waffling between the 902 PF-1 and 2 combo set and 632-M irons which are more forgiving blades.  After consulting with Eric, we decided on the 623's with MMT 125 TX.  Shout out to Tbone who has been very helpful as well with making my decision as well as we have chatted via PM.  I should be getting them sometime next week or early the following week.  I will post a review after testing. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

20 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I was waffling between the 902 PF-1 and 2 combo set and 632-M irons which are more forgiving blades.  After consulting with Eric, we decided on the 623's with MMT 125 TX.  Shout out to Tbone who has been very helpful as well with making my decision as well as we have chatted via PM.  I should be getting them sometime next week or early the following week.  I will post a review after testing. 

Cool. Glad to help. Enjoy your New Level irons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tbone18 said:

The PF-2 irons will be more forgiving than the MP-32 irons. I believe the PF-2 will be a tad bit softer feel as well. The MP-32 was more of a true blade style and the NL are a pure shallow cavity back iron. Plus the NL should be a bit longer from heel to toe than the Mizuno. 

Oh that’s interesting. More forgiving and a tad softer on feel than an MP-32, that’s something to consider for sure.  The 32s aren’t difficult to hit, quite the opposite.  If the profile is longer I will probably take  opportunity to demo a 7i from the website offering.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review. I have the 902s, which are tremendous irons. For those who seek a comparison, the offset on the 902 is about like the wrx-loved Bridgestone J15CB, though the New Level has a shorter blade length, which is an improvement. I’m not opposed to medium offset — to me a no offset iron looks strange — but I care about how the offset looks. Don’t want too much. Some clubs with more measured offset than others won’t really look like it because of how well it is blended visually. The specs don’t tell all. The 902 looks great from address. I have two 1126 long irons coming because the NL black Friday deal was really good. 

In play you quickly realize the high quality of these forgings. The New Level irons feel fantastic, not just good, but as good as any iron I’ve hit. And they give consistent distance that is longer than I expected from a no-frills, pure forged head. 

I am sure the PF1 is the same great feel, maybe even more solid with the muscleback design. I will definitely try a wedge or 9 iron at some point. Backside is a little crazy with the milling, but it does give it a distinctive look and I trust the New Level designs in feel and performance. Eric did a long-distance fitting with me and these irons fit me very well. (DG 120 S300, soft-stepped once, 37.75 inch 5 iron.) It’s not like you’re getting less for a lower price, it’s just direct to consumer so the deals are better. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I’d be interested in trying the PF1 in a full set. My guess is the PF2 offers not much more than some mental assistance. I almost pulled the trigger on the black Friday deal. Ended up grabbing a set of Rose Protos instead. 

Edited by TigerInTheWoods

9 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

I’d be interested in trying the PF1 in a full set. My guess is with this type of club the cavity offers nothing more than some mental assistance. I almost pulled the trigger on the blade Friday deal. Ended up grabbing a set of Rose Protos instead. 

PF-1 is the blade style head.  PF-2 is the cavity back head.

5 hours ago, CasualLie said:

I'll just reiterate... There's just something missing in the industry when the masses get all fixated with the latest so called tech in a club when the refinement of a proven methodology should get attention.  

I don't know who is ultimately the forging house behind New Level, but they are doing great work.  And New Level is showing a sustainable price point that benefits themselves as a business and golfers as a customer.  These clubs arguably show the major OEMs have gone way too far asking their customers to fund the fat contracts of their staff and massive marketing budgets.  As a non-professional golfer, I derive no benefit that you lured away John Rahm from TM to Callaway, no benefit from your thousands of hours testing configs on the Amazon cloud.  Once upon a time there was an acceptable level of fluff priced into my clubs, but it's gone way, way too far.

I'm going to still give credit to the massive R&D behind Driver technology.  The Mavrik, Sim, Ping G and TSi series are all something special.  But irons??? I'm cool with the longer release cycles of Titleist and Ping; TM is strong it up, but Callaway, not so much because we wait for the next generation and end up being trolled.  Yes, I'm looking at you Callaway.  I find your iron product line a mess and basically you are just taking the piss out of your customers.  

But I digress.  Anyone out there looking for a great forged set of irons with the shaft you want, check out New Level.  You will come in under $1,000 and will not be disappointed.

I agree with the major OEMs getting crazy with their pricing especially with their iron offerings, but that's just the way that industry is these days.  No different than the shoe industry which has 200+dollar shoes to fund pro athletes across all sports.  I was waffling between the PF1 and 2 combo and the 623-M during the black friday sale and decided to go with the latter.  No regrets whatsoever.  I've only had the opportunity to take them out to the course once on Saturday because of my schedule but playing today over at Los Serranos and can't wait to tinker with these again.  The 623-M are one of the softest forged blades I have ever gamed.  Along with with the thin top line and minimal offset, it's a winner in my book.     

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

I ended up purchasing the PF-2 set.  To me, they feel as good as best player's CB irons out there, and they perform just as good.  Something I didn't expect was it's about 1/2 to one club longer than some Miura's.  Even without the irresistible price tag, PF-2 should be near the top of anyone's list. 

The whole experience got me thinking... ok, I get Eric the founder has extensive experiences in the golf industry for many years, but he is still one person.  If a single person can manage to design and produce this good product, what are all the people doing in the major OEM's?

Edited by wonderif
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

has anyone hit the pf1 or pf2 and compared them to the 623m?  I keep waffling back and forth between the 3 and can't make up my mind.  I currently play Srixon Z-Forged.  Has anyone noticed a distance decrease with any of the 3?  Some of the reviews I see show them going shorter but that usually includes miss hits and comparing them to cavity backs.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

I've only demo'd the 623-M 7 iron so far and it is as easy to hit, if not more so, than my current gamers (MP18mmc). Which was very surprising. It certainly feels softer as well, maybe due to the forging being with 1020? I don't know. I just hope to pick up a full set of heads before they get discontinued.

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

Very helpful thread - thanks everyone.

I'm waffling back and forth between a combo set of 902s in 4-6, 623s 7-PW VS. a full set of PF-2s.  I've been playing a combo set of MP-30s in 4-5 and MP-37s in 6-PW for a dozen years.  Want to take advantage of bit more forgiveness in the middle irons and some increased distance provided by the stronger loft trend.  I certainly prefer minimal offset, but I don't think that will be the main driver in my decision.  I'm wondering if anyone has any info on blade length?  Are the PF-2s noticeably shorter than the other two?  Is there a difference in that spec in the 902s and 623s?  I'm certainly not looking for a smaller profile than I have now, but I don't want to move into too long of profile, i.e. ping i500s vs. blueprints, mizzy HMB vs. MMC, etc.

Any info here is appreciated.  Contacted New Level directly with the same question and was pointed towards the PF-2s, but didn't get too much detail on the comparison in length between the 3.  Cheers.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, Stubbegolf said:

I'm waffling back and forth between a combo set of 902s in 4-6, 623s 7-PW VS. a full set of PF-2s.  I've been playing a combo set of MP-30s in 4-5 and MP-37s in 6-PW for a dozen years.  Want to take advantage of bit more forgiveness in the middle irons and some increased distance provided by the stronger loft trend.  I certainly prefer minimal offset, but I don't think that will be the main driver in my decision.  I'm wondering if anyone has any info on blade length?  Are the PF-2s noticeably shorter than the other two?  Is there a difference in that spec in the 902s and 623s?  I'm certainly not looking for a smaller profile than I have now, but I don't want to move into too long of profile, i.e. ping i500s vs. blueprints, mizzy HMB vs. MMC, etc.

Any info here is appreciated.  Contacted New Level directly with the same question and was pointed towards the PF-2s, but didn't get too much detail on the comparison in length between the 3.  Cheers.

i can’t help with blade lengths on the new ones, but I have described the 902 as almost a blend of a Bridgestone 715CB and J40 DPC, with the 902 having a more compact blade than ether. The offset is similar in spec to the J15 — I don’t really notice it. (The offset is more noticeable on the 1126, which is like a larger 902, but I put two 1126 irons (4,5) in the bag yesterday for a round and used each one once — two greens in reg with towering shots that went off like rockets. Also have the NL signature feel.)

I would expect the new PF irons to have a slightly slimmer topline, less offset, similar lofts. I’d be surprised if the head is a lot smaller because to me the 902 is on that perfect line of compactness but not tiny. If it helps I can show pics comparing the 902 to a few other heads (OG p770, 2018 Apex MB), just not compared to NL heads. 

It’s really down to what you like with New Level. I have now gamed the 902, 1126 and Tri-Weight gap wedge and with all I have been impressed with the quality, great feel and performance. And they offer strong carry. Solid distances. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 12/9/2020 at 2:35 PM, ferrispgm said:

has anyone hit the pf1 or pf2 and compared them to the 623m?  I keep waffling back and forth between the 3 and can't make up my mind.  I currently play Srixon Z-Forged.  Has anyone noticed a distance decrease with any of the 3?  Some of the reviews I see show them going shorter but that usually includes miss hits and comparing them to cavity backs.

Really depends what you're looking for.  Between all 3, I like the way the 623-M looks.  It reminds of the old rac mb tp blades I used to game.  Longer from heel to toe so it provides some forgiveness on mis hits.  They were designed to launch higher as well.  Something about the cog being placed lower than traditional blades.  My Vega VDC-01 launch higher than these but that may be because they have the recoil protos in them.  I asked Eric and he said that the PF line in general launches lower but all 3 are extremely soft feeling.  After taking them out to the course twice and a range session, I can say that they are right up there with any JDM offerings out there including Miuras in terms of looks and feel. 

On 12/11/2020 at 7:58 AM, Stubbegolf said:

PF line plays a little shorter length wise from heel to toe and has a lower trajectory as well.  I have the 623 and if you like prefer blades then I would def recommend these.  They look sexier than the PF line, offer enough forgiveness even in the longer irons, and feel very soft.  FYI, they come with head covers which is a bonus.  They do launch a little higher so just be aware of that.   

• Like 1