2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Level PF-2 Forged Irons

RH82

On 1/28/2021 at 12:25 PM, koiuh11 said:

was just looking up info on this set and was thinking the same thing! post when you get a chance to get more info!

The PF2’s are available for demo as of tonight. I just ordered the demo heads in the 623 and the pf2

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just got confirmation the two demo irons  shipped today.  Nice quick service... hope they feel as good as they look.  

• Like 1

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

14 hours ago, Phabs said:

Just got confirmation the two demo irons  shipped today.  Nice quick service... hope they feel as good as they look.  

Will look forward to your thoughts. They look fantastic. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I'm a 10 handicap that currently games the Mizuno MP-32's and looking to maybe move to a combo set. I hit the short irons good but the longer ones are inconsistent. Any thoughts on what combo I should get? With the super bowl sale and getting 15% off, sub $600 for the 902's seems like a bargain.

PF 1(PW-8) and PF 2 (7-5)

PF2 (PW-8) and 902 (7-5)

Or another combination? Or just the 902 or PF-2 in full set? I don't love the look of the 623-M so those might be out. I might get a demo of the PF1/PF2/ and 902 when it warms up and just try all three. Just sucks you can only demo a 6 or 7 iron

Edited by delfam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, delfam said:

I'm a 10 handicap that currently games the Mizuno MP-32's and looking to maybe move to a combo set. I hit the short irons good but the longer ones are inconsistent. Any thoughts on what combo I should get? With the super bowl sale and getting 15% off, sub $600 for the 902's seems like a bargain.

PF2 (PW-8) and 902 (7-5)

Or another combination? Or just the 902 or PF-2 in full set? I don't love the look of the 623-M so those might be out. I might get a demo of the PF1/PF2/ and 902 when it warms up and just try all three. Just sucks you can only demo a 6 or 7 iron

I would suggest trying the PF2’s and the 902’s from what I’ve read.   The 902s have more offset and thicker top line which would be fine in a forgiving 4/5 iron.  If you can hit your middle irons and short irons pure then the pf2’s may be ok there. 

I carry a 2 handicap but wouldn’t call ball striking a strength so I still prefer forgiveness in my irons.  I’ll be curious to see how the PF2’s/623’s stack up against my 919 tours I’m currently playing.  

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

13 minutes ago, Phabs said:

I would suggest trying the PF2’s and the 902’s from what I’ve read.   The 902s have more offset and thicker top line which would be fine in a forgiving 4/5 iron.  If you can hit your middle irons and short irons pure then the pf2’s may be ok there. 

I carry a 2 handicap but wouldn’t call ball striking a strength so I still prefer forgiveness in my irons.  I’ll be curious to see how the PF2’s/623’s stack up against my 919 tours I’m currently playing.  

Based on that I might try 5-6iron in 902 and 7-PW in PF2.

Let us know how the PF2 is when you demo it. If the longer irons are easy to hit I'd heavily consider just forgoing the combo set and getting a full set of PF2

I'd assume either way that the PF2's would be more forgiving than my MP-32s

Edited by delfam
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, delfam said:

Anyone know how often they have sales? The 15% sale right now is super enticing, but I'd rather wait and get some demo clubs to buy. If the sales are infrequent I might just bite the bullet now.

They have a 10% that’s pretty constant,  the 15% is pretty rare.  I’m hoping I can get the demos swung and capitalize on the 15% if either of them work for me 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Beautiful day here. So went to the range tonight to mostly hit mid and short irons. I have 902 5-P but when they closed out the 1126 I bought the 4-6 at a great price. I have to say, it’s quite easy to launch those 1126s and they also feel great. Similar iron with a slightly larger profile. Had some other single irons with me (these are clubs mostly intended to test a shaft) and to me the only ones that felt as good as the New Levels were Callaway X Forged, also a quality true forged irons. I wanted to hit the 1126/902 at the same time as some others to see if I still liked them better. Definitely did notice differences and definitely prefer the feel of the New Levels. It is legitimately as good as premium priced irons. I’m also trying to determine if I hit a hollow body utility long iron any longer than the New Levels and it doesn’t seem like it so far. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 7:01 AM, delfam said:

PF2 (PW-8) and 902 (7-5)

Based on the NL website descriptions, it sounds like the PF-2 has a more narrow sole than the 902. That sole width of the 902 has been a pleasant surprise for me, so keep that in mind as well.

• Like 1

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| Wilson Staff FG-51 DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

I can't wait to try mine.  I just ordered 4-P in the PF-2.  No demo.  Straight blind.  You can't beat the price (-15%) for a total custom and quality forged CB.  I keep going back to my Ping S55 with TTDG X-7's because of the accuracy, but they are really getting crusty and worn.  These look similar enough in profile/offset to my eye in the pictures and videos.

So, I'm having them build the exact spec as my Ping's in the PF-2. It's like a $300+ up charge for any of the current brands already high prices and I'm getting this whole set shipped for under $900.  That's less than half!

I need to temper my hopes, because I'm way too excited.

• Like 2

Demos just showed up at the same time we’re having a cold snap.  Perfect timing.  My first impression are the PF2 look awesome, shouldn’t be intimidating for a lower handicap player at all.  My 919 tours are scarier to look at than the PF2’s.  I’ll have to find some indoor sim time this weekend and see how they feel.   The 623’s look extremely similar at address to me as well.  Tough to tell them apart.  

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Definitely didn’t have my A game tonight from a ball striking standpoint but the PF2’s won out over the 623s.   Contact was a little toe side all night but the PF2’s were solid.  The 623’s were pretty picky.   Now I’ve got to decide if the PF2’s are significantly better than my 919 tours.   

Nothing felt harsh off the PF2’s except for one low thinned strike, deservedly so.   The 623’s were harsh unless I hit it absolutely on the screws. 

3ABFE214-1D5B-4903-92A3-DC48C3547CD1.jpeg

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 11:37 PM, Phabs said:

Definitely didn’t have my A game tonight from a ball striking standpoint but the PF2’s won out over the 623s.   Contact was a little toe side all night but the PF2’s were solid.  The 623’s were pretty picky.   Now I’ve got to decide if the PF2’s are significantly better than my 919 tours.   

Nothing felt harsh off the PF2’s except for one low thinned strike, deservedly so.   The 623’s were harsh unless I hit it absolutely on the screws. 

3ABFE214-1D5B-4903-92A3-DC48C3547CD1.jpeg

Any more feedback on these? I know weather has been pretty rough all over, including here in DC. I’ve got a full set of 902s in the bag and I made a separate purchase of the 1126 — just the 4 through 6 irons. With the sale ending this weekend, thinking of adding the PF2 7-P to complete that set. I’m enjoying the Elevate Tour shaft in the 1126 and would get the same in the PF2. 

35 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Any more feedback on these? I know weather has been pretty rough all over, including here in DC. I’ve got a full set of 902s in the bag and I made a separate purchase of the 1126 — just the 4 through 6 irons. With the sale ending this weekend, thinking of adding the PF2 7-P to complete that set. I’m enjoying the Elevate Tour shaft in the 1126 and would get the same in the PF2. 

I’m saving pennies to buy a set of PF-2’s.  They’re as good as anything I’ve swung.   More forgiving than my 919 tours but look nearly identical at set up.  I launched the PF2’s lower than my 919s which I liked 

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I ordered a set of PF-2's on 1/23/2020. Web site stated due to high demand expect 4-6 weeks which was fine because I live in Wisconsin. I received my PF-2 5-PW on Feb 9th. I have been playing Srixon Z765 w/Nippon Modus tour120 for 2-3 years. I am 50 years old, hcp 2-6 depending on time of year. I have a manufacturing/metals background so when reading about te mfg. process for the PF-2's I was impressed. Driver speed 96-100. I am a lower launch/spin player. I ordered the elevate 95 s shaft in my irons. To compare PF-2's and 765's the sole width is about .070 narrower on the PF-2's. The top line thickness is very slightly smaller measurement wise on the PF-2's but looks smaller due to beveling/chamfering. Heel to toe measurement is also slightly smaller on PF-2's. PF-2 has less offset than 765's. PF-2's are 1 degree stronger than 765 in PW, same loft on 9 iron and a degree weaker 8-5 iron. I have only been able to have an hour on trackman to compare. Comparing 9 irons the PF-2 is 3-5 yards longer and spins a little more. I'm guessing part of this gain distance/spin is shaft. Very easy to hit and feels better than any iron I've ever hit. I really can't exaggerate how good these irons feel. Don't be afraid that New Level is not one of the big mfg. Embrace the fact that you can actually get excellent customer service and a product that is as good/superior to the major mfg's. How many of us have been told by our pro that they haven't been able to reach/get a response from one of the big mfg's. You will not be sorry with this iron or this company!

Edited by bigbullym
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, bigbullym said:

I ordered a set of PF-2's on 1/23/2020. Web site stated due to high demand expect 4-6 weeks which was fine because I live in Wisconsin. I received my PF-2 5-PW on Feb 9th. I have been playing Srixon Z765 w/Nippon Modus tour120 for 2-3 years. I am 50 years old, hcp 2-6 depending on time of year. I have a manufacturing/metals background so when reading about te mfg. process for the PF-2's I was impressed. Driver speed 96-100. I am a lower launch/spin player. I ordered the elevate 95 s shaft in my irons. To compare PF-2's and 765's the sole width is about .070 narrower on the PF-2's. The top line thickness is very slightly smaller measurement wise on the PF-2's but looks smaller due to beveling/chamfering. Heel to toe measurement is also slightly smaller on PF-2's. PF-2 has less offset than 765's. PF-2's are 1 degree stronger than 765 in PW, same loft on 9 iron and a degree weaker 8-5 iron. I have only been able to have an hour on trackman to compare. Comparing 9 irons the PF-2 is 3-5 yards longer and spins a little more. I'm guessing part of this gain distance/spin is shaft. Very easy to hit and feels better than any iron I've ever hit. I really can't exaggerate how good these irons feel. Don't be afraid that New Level is not one of the big mfg. Embrace the fact that you can actually get excellent customer service and a product that is as good/superior to the major mfg's. How many of us have been told by our pro that they haven't been able to reach/get a response from one of the big mfg's. You will not be sorry with this iron or this company!

That's great insight and info!  Thank you.  I ordered them a few weeks ago and they finally shipped.  After speaking with Eric, many of the shaft manufacturer's are not getting him product and that is one of the reasons for the shipping delays.  I originally ordered with DG X7's and it was going to be additional weeks waiting for them, so I switched to the MMT 125 TX out of impatience and curiosity.  I'm excited to get them.  Also, Eric seems like a great guy.  Very responsive and great customer service.

2 hours ago, bigbullym said:

The pictures on the website don't do justice to the quality/workmanship or look of the clubs. Beautiful!!

I have seen in-hand photos of the new PF-1, but no PF-2 yet. I am curious if the back design looks better than in stock photos.

EDIT: nevermind! See page 1 of this thread.

Edited by RolandofGilead
Mistake

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| Wilson Staff FG-51 DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

4 hours ago, bigbullym said:

The pictures on the website don't do justice to the quality/workmanship or look of the clubs. Beautiful!!

Based on how much better the 902s look in hand vs the site photos, I can only imagine. Photographing objects is an art. I know a few pro photographers who have done some golf-related work for me on various projects. When you see what they can do with lighting and high-end cameras, it is amazing the difference it makes. 

11 hours ago, bigbullym said:

Excellent review and the details on how it compares to the 765 are really helpful. 

Got an order in tonight before the sale ends for PF2 7-P with Elevate Tour stiff and CP2 Pro grips. With the upgraded grips, custom specs, tax and shipping still comes out to $110 per club to my door for a forged and then milled iron. Will combo with my 5-6 902 or 1126, which looks just like the 902 but is a little larger profile. 

• Like 2

In to follow this one.  I placed an order for a combo set of 4-6 902 and 7-W 623 during the Super Bowl special.  The 902s are back-ordered a few more weeks so they haven't started the build yet as far as I know.  I launch higher than I'd like to begin with the shorter irons (TM OG P770) so went with the 623s figuring it being more of a "forgiving" blade would help lower the flight, but after reading these and some other reviews I'm thinking maybe I should've just went with a full set of PF-2s?  I'm also second guessing my shaft choice, I went with the AMT White which I currently have in my P770s and get along with OK, but kind of kicking myself for not going with KBS Tour V which I had in a previous set and really liked the dispersion and lower flight.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

2 hours ago, halliedog said:

In to follow this one.  I placed an order for a combo set of 4-6 902 and 7-W 623 during the Super Bowl special.  The 902s are back-ordered a few more weeks so they haven't started the build yet as far as I know.  I launch higher than I'd like to begin with the shorter irons (TM OG P770) so went with the 623s figuring it being more of a "forgiving" blade would help lower the flight, but after reading these and some other reviews I'm thinking maybe I should've just went with a full set of PF-2s?  I'm also second guessing my shaft choice, I went with the AMT White which I currently have in my P770s and get along with OK, but kind of kicking myself for not going with KBS Tour V which I had in a previous set and really liked the dispersion and lower flight.

I think your combo sounds pretty good but you also could create two sets by just adding the 7-P of the PF2 to your 5-6 902. I think the 902 mid-irons are nice. I have a set of 902s 5-P and separately bought 4-6 1126, more of a midsize head. Only difference I can see between them is 1126 mid irons is the 1126 flies higher. But distance is about the same — the 902 delivers very solid distance. I’m curious about how the PF2 will perform vs the 902, an iron I really feel will endure in the new and used market for years because it looks great and feels so pure.

3 hours ago, halliedog said:

When I demo’d the 623’s and the PF2’s I hit the 623’s higher than the PF2’s.   Everyone’s swings different but that’s just what I immediately noticed between the two, same shaft etc in both.   

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just curious, has anyone had a chance to compare any of these New Level clubs to the PXG Gen3 T's? I know they are built differently, but just curious. I absolutely love my Gen3's, but I am also a club ho, so I love dabbling. These clubs look great and the price point doesn't make me feel guilty about building another set.

Mr. Wolfe

Wow.  I just received my PF-2's and their photographer needs to be fired.  They are so much nicer in person.  Really, as nice as any forged CB out there or nicer.  I'll hit them in the simulator tomorrow for the first time and report back.  And, I got them with the MMT 125 TX's.  I'm just really impressed.