New Level PF-2 Forged Irons

RH82

15 hours ago, bogey777 said:

COMING from z765's how did the club go though the grass any digging ?

Ive had z785's, zx7's, z965 and z forged. All the srixon's definitely feel better going through the turf. Thats not a negative towards New Level bc I think my PF1's are the best irons ive eve played. The V-sole on Srixon's are just so good that, in my opinion, nothing else compares.

There's no digging at all

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

2 hours ago, JoeFrigo said:

Ive had z785's, zx7's, z965 and z forged. All the srixon's definitely feel better going through the turf. Thats not a negative towards New Level bc I think my PF1's are the best irons ive eve played. The V-sole on Srixon's are just so good that, in my opinion, nothing else compares.

There's no digging at all

Yea i hear ya i have zx5's now just saw the new level an the price an thought it would be worth a try .....but i do like my zx5's 

8 iron and 7 iron. Not at home to take more pics. These are on the shorter end as far as blade length. I went from 585 to this combo. Wouldn’t go back. 

E5E241CD-4835-44B3-B5EF-2330661FEDFF.jpeg

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 with Speeder NX Blue

Titleist TSi1 7 wood with Tensei Blue

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron

New Level 902PD irons with SF i95R

Titleist SM7 50° and 60°, Cleveland RDX 56°

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

One of the best looking clubs at address on the market. 

• Like 1

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

12 minutes ago, wis99ski said:

As a side note after a year of debating to switch irons more so due to long irons 4-6 I ultimately chose Sub70 639CB (4-6) and 639MB (7-PW) over the NL PF2.  Transparency in the sales and customer service process is what won me over when dealing with both.

interesting, how do you mean transparency? I always thought the NL guy Eric to be pretty upfront and honest.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, rainkingjr said:

DIdn't want to read through 5 pages. Anyone order the PF1 or PF2 2 degrees weak? I'm seriouslt considering a cobo set going 2 weak throughout the set to go with my 52 56 60 wedge set up. I could probably use the additional bounce anyway.

I would consider reaching out to the owner Eric Burch.  [email protected]

He was very responsive with my order, and I am sure will provide you with some good suggestions

• Like 2

12 hours ago, i*windows said:

any info on feel, ball flight. I've seen the TXG video and it looks good - nothing bad to say about the clubs. But I've not seen much real world feedback from people playing these, anyone?

I currently game the PF-2's and have since they first came out.  To me, they are softer than many modern forgings and bare resemblance to Mizuno's Mp-64's from years ago.  I always have 2 sets.  My back up set had the Mp-64's for years and that's what the feel is closest to for me.  Maybe a little more of a powerful thud with the PF-2's as opposed to the butter thud of the 64's.  Turf interaction feels near identical to my other long-time gamers Ping s55's.  I have had many sets of irons over the years from every brand imaginable and these PF-2's are everything I wanted.  Exceeded my expectations with build quality, fit and finish, and performance.  Ball flight is mid-trajectory.  A touch higher than a blade, but lower spinning.  I'm carrying them around 3-5 yards further than my MP-20 MB's and this is due to the 300 or so less revs.  This is just anecdotal, but I hope it helps.

• Like 1

Mine are built with Elevate 105. You’d expect a high ball flight. I’d agree with b easy and say mid to mid high. The ZX585 with Modus 105 I was playing had a higher ball flight. 

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

I haven’t tried the P7MB. But both Apex Pro and T100 have a firmer, “clickier” feel than PF-1. PF compares to T100 in that if you miss it, you feel it. And if you flush it you know it. 

• Like 1

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

53 minutes ago, fixurpitch said:

I haven’t tried the P7MB. But both Apex Pro and T100 have a firmer, “clickier” feel than PF-1. PF compares to T100 in that if you miss it, you feel it. And if you flush it you know it. 

Hmm interesting. I wasnt in the market for a new set of irons but need stiffer shaft upgrading from Apex 19 95 Stiff. I like the feeling and forgiveness of thr Apex 19 but my recent miss has gone left 😢  with the new swing speed. I am debating whether just upgrading shaft or just going for the new set or wait till 2022 to see what is news

Just received my PF-2's (5-PW) with MMTs, a 13 day turn around. I feel as though this timeline is a relative miracle in the current state of golf clubs, with the supply chains issues that have plagued every industry. The ordering experience was seamless and I had some interaction with the owner who was very helpful. Even though I wasn't able to try these clubs, I decided to take a chance as they seemed to have everything I was looking for, good shaft options, and a reasonable price. 

I will follow up with my thoughts and trackman data if there is interest once I'm able to get out. I have attached pics of the 7-iron milling and at address, PW milling, at address, and the finishing of the ferrules.

Overall....I am happy with the purchase, but there are some milling marks that I would not have expected (look like circles on the 7-iron cavity). I think they give the clubs a bit of character, but I'm sure others might not be satisfied with that. I think the club heads look a bit bigger to my eye than what I was expecting. I think this a good thing as they walk a thin line between having forgiveness and having a player friendly shape. The offset, or lack there of, perfectly suits my eye.

Finally, when it comes to ferrules.....if they look good, then one can reasonably expect a good build as its an area that is easily over looked. the ferrules are flush with the hosel and turned down well (no gaps, and overall smooth). I expect these were built very well.

Packaging-The most important thing is that everything arrives safe, that was achieved.

Negatives:

There are limited options for grips. The included NL grips are fine, they offer midsize versions, and are perfectly functional....but I would have preferred something different. I am not sure if this is always the case or just in this moment with availability issues.

7_Iron_milling.jpg

7_iron_milling_2.jpg

7_iron_address.jpg

PW_Milling.jpg

PW_address.jpg

Ferrule.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, randytrevor said:

There are limited options for grips. The included NL grips are fine, they offer midsize versions, and are perfectly functional....but I would have preferred something different. I am not sure if this is always the case or just in this moment with availability issues.

FWIW: when I ordered my NL irons a year ago, there were around 10-15 grips options to choose from. So I strongly suspect the current supply chain situation is driving the limited options now.

(P.S. got any pepperoni? 🤣)

• Like 1

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| MacGregor Muirfield 20th DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

1 hour ago, RolandofGilead said:

FWIW: when I ordered my NL irons a year ago, there were around 10-15 grips options to choose from. So I strongly suspect the current supply chain situation is driving the limited options now.

(P.S. got any pepperoni? 🤣)

No pepperoni but I do have 9 cans of ravioli. 

I should have mentioned you can order without the grips at a discount and install your own. It didn't matter that much to me as ones included were sufficient. 

• Like 1

Update no.1, as I've been to the range a few times with these (Trackman session coming later this week).

Notes: MMT125TX (.370 parallel) shafts and only hit crappy random range balls

Overall these were high, penetrating and consistent (definitely higher and longer than my CB-501s, and flight looked similar to my mizzy jpx800 pros but longer). I was not able to get any real yardages but these were dropping further down the range than I am accustomed to, and everything was in the same area with each club. The dispersion might be in part due to shaft as well.

Feel wise, center strikes felt like an average of my cbs and jpx. They were not super dense like miura, but they did feel powerful, and they were soft enough but not mushy. My typical miss (thin toe strike) was noticeable, but muted (could be the shaft here too), and ended up pretty good (right near the others). Excellent, but not punishing feedback and a very good powerful feel out of the center, with some forgiveness.

I really like the ball flight and am excited to get some good numbers. Side note, was able to hit high or low easily.

Excellent set, and I don't see these leaving the bag anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, randytrevor said:

Update no.1, as I've been to the range a few times with these (Trackman session coming later this week).

Notes: MMT125TX (.370 parallel) shafts and only hit crappy random range balls

Overall these were high, penetrating and consistent (definitely higher and longer than my CB-501s, and flight looked similar to my mizzy jpx800 pros but longer). I was not able to get any real yardages but these were dropping further down the range than I am accustomed to, and everything was in the same area with each club. The dispersion might be in part due to shaft as well.

Feel wise, center strikes felt like an average of my cbs and jpx. They were not super dense like miura, but they did feel powerful, and they were soft enough but not mushy. My typical miss (thin toe strike) was noticeable, but muted (could be the shaft here too), and ended up pretty good (right near the others). Excellent, but not punishing feedback and a very good powerful feel out of the center, with some forgiveness.

I really like the ball flight and am excited to get some good numbers. Side note, was able to hit high or low easily.

Excellent set, and I don't see these leaving the bag anytime soon.

I'm not a TX player but can you please compare MMT with your old shafts? Also, do you think the sweet spot is toward the heel side or more around the center? My only concern with a one-piece forged club (it seems like it is) is about the heel side sweet spot. 

32 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

I'm not a TX player but can you please compare MMT with your old shafts? Also, do you think the sweet spot is toward the heel side or more around the center? My only concern with a one-piece forged club (it seems like it is) is about the heel side sweet spot. 

No prob.

Previous shafts were hard stepped S300 (mizzy) or hard stepped Modus 120S (miura). Both were extended to +1 in length (39 in 5 iron). 

When I ordered the PF-2 I asked for hard stepped 125S MMTs. Eric, the owner reached out and said the 125S was back ordered and it would likely be 45days before they received them, but actually couldn't guarantee a date. He also said they could HS but wouldn't be able to accommodate the full extra inch so he suggested the 105TX if I wanted a lighter shaft or 125TX as the flex would be similar to the hard stepped 125S. I went with the 125TX.

For reference, I recently tried x-flex C-taper lites and recoil protos in Ping i500s. Both the C-tapers and recoils felt like swinging rebar and i couldn't square the face with anything above a 7-iron. Both of those were sold.

I loved the hard stepped S300, but I didnt care for the modus. When it comes to the MMT125tx...its perfect for me. Its a good weight, and I feel like I can actually load and deliver it well. I get good looking launch with mid irons and a nice penetrating flight with the short irons. Ive always been in between a S and X in the dynamic golds and I think the MMT125 would fit a lot of different players. If you like DGs its going to be winner.

As far as the sweet spot...after only a couple of range sessions, I would guess its a touch towards the heel but overall center... not like my cb-501s where I feel its very heel biased.

• Like 1

@randytrevorThank you so much! I love the feeling of dg but the weight bothered my weak body haha. I guess I should try mmt 105s. 

When I watched a Miura documentary, Mr. Miura said one piece forged clubs' sweet spot is more around the heel. Not sure he just doesn't want to move it or that's just the way it is. Anyway, I then thought I'm not good enough to hit one-piece forged irons. Well, I'm not too bad but I think it is quite risky anyway. PF series are very sexy indeed! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sociojeje said:

@randytrevorThank you so much! I love the feeling of dg but the weight bothered my weak body haha. I guess I should try mmt 105s. 

When I watched a Miura documentary, Mr. Miura said one piece forged clubs' sweet spot is more around the heel. Not sure he just doesn't want to move it or that's just the way it is. Anyway, I then thought I'm not good enough to hit one-piece forged irons. Well, I'm not too bad but I think it is quite risky anyway. PF series are very sexy indeed! 

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but its my understanding that Miura forged iron designs have their sweet spot closer to the heel. But, I don't think applies to every manufacturer. In my personal experience the most designs have a centered sweet spot...Miura is the exception.  The pf series is very nice and just as good as any other manufacturer out there. I will say they are lower offset, so if you need help squaring the clubface the 902s might be a better fit.

16 minutes ago, randytrevor said:

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but its my understanding that Miura forged iron designs have their sweet spot closer to the heel. But, I don't think applies to every manufacturer. In my personal experience the most designs have a centered sweet spot...Miura is the exception.  The pf series is very nice and just as good as any other manufacturer out there. I will say they are lower offset, so if you need help squaring the clubface the 902s might be a better fit.

I do not know the answer, but I own Miura MB001's and its the only blade I've ever owned where my miss is heel side.  

24 minutes ago, B.Easy said:

I do not know the answer, but I own Miura MB001's and its the only blade I've ever owned where my miss is heel side.  

Yeah, my anecdotal experience is hardly definitive. This is especially true when everyone that plays gets around the course in a variety of manners. 

• Like 1