2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ventus Black vs Diamana D limited

ILove2Golf123

I'm getting ready to build a new driver setup with the TS3i and I'm trying to figure which shaft I'm going to end up putting in it. I've played the Ventus Black 7X on and off over the last year and liked it a lot, but I think I'm going to go lighter now that I'm getting a little older. I'll probably end up going 60TX in the Diamana D limited if I go that way and 6X in the Ventus black. I've haven't played or hit the D Limited, but I played the whiteboard for many many years and absolutely loved it. Both shafts are pretty low torque around 3.1 in my desired flex and should have similar flight characteristics so I was hoping somebody who has hit both could give me some perspective on what I'd be getting myself into either way. If anyone has test numbers comparing both shafts that would be much appreciated as well. Thanks!

Edited by ILove2Golf123

11 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

want our take? 😉

Why wouldn't we....?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I hit a 70x D Limited the other day and had a hard time with keeping dispersion within my normal range, switched to a HZRDUS Black 75x and it was back to normal, both of these were in a SIM head. I play a Ventus Black 7x in my 410 LST and it's one of the best shafts for me that I've ever hit. Ball flights, launch and spin, were pretty similar. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

36 minutes ago, DNice26 said:

Why wouldn't we....?

Because we are biased! 🙂 VENTUS is really just tough to beat...

@ILove2Golf123 if you liked the 7-X black the 6-X is the same, just as good! Why switch?

8 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

I hit a 70x D Limited the other day and had a hard time with keeping dispersion within my normal range, switched to a HZRDUS Black 75x and it was back to normal, both of these were in a SIM head. I play a Ventus Black 7x in my 410 LST and it's one of the best shafts for me that I've ever hit. Ball flights, launch and spin, were pretty similar. 

Great to hear!

• Like 2

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

47 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Because we are biased! 🙂 VENTUS is really just tough to beat...

@ILove2Golf123 if you liked the 7-X black the 6-X is the same, just as good! Why switch?

Great to hear!

LOL......I think we know you will be biased.

Always nice to read your thoughts/opinions though.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Thanks for all the replies guys, especially Fujikura Golf!!!! It's nice to see a major shaft manufacture on this forum giving input and trying to help members!!! I have decided to stick with the Ventus Black 6x. In all reliability, I don't know why I was trying to fix something that wasn't broken. My numbers with the Ventus Black are phenomenal, I think sometimes I just try to make changes just for the sake of change when it's really not even needed. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, Valtiel said:

It should be noted that the D+ Limited X and TX are basically two different shafts, with the TX using higher end materials and featuring more stability and lower torque in the tip section. 

If the D+ Limited TX follows the same general pattern as other "White" Profiles, the Ventus Black will differ in the following ways:

1) Similar profile from the handle to the mid, just a bit stiffer across the slope. Like a beefed up "White" profile in this sense. Everything after this is like a flipped version of the classic MRC White profile.
2) A slight stiffness drop in the lower mid section where the White profile normally stiffens.
3) A stiffness increase in the upper tip where the White normally softens. 
4) A stiffness fall off running out to the tip where White normally stiffens again. 

1256073794_ScreenShot2020-11-18at2_44_27PM.png.7f0bc131157f33e1f371b6ee9faea46a.png

Whether or not these design differences register with you and your feel will depend on you. If you're sensitive to bend profile differences and load the shaft enough, these two will likely feel like they load and unload differently. The Ventus Black will also likely stiffen up quicker with tipping. 

Vatiel ; yoda of shaft profile always as the best tech info. 

ive had both ; with one nuance; 6x ventus black tipped an 1”, D+ 70tx limited 1” , KK tx70 tipped 1.25”

6x IMOP plays more like the KK 70tx - biggest feel from these two are the one piece shaft unload 

d+ limited tx -  that definitive unload / release in the hand vs the above two (same with the tensia white to little great extent than the D+ LTD) , which when timed produced prodigious drives  for this golfer, but also manifested some lefts.  Not the shafts fault but the Indian.  But was why I tend to go to the other less active handle profile 

all 3 low launch and spin just the feel on how you want to get there ,  of note the ventus did allow me to go a little longer shaft length with less weight 6 vs 7 

just my take on them , hope this helps

Edited by drbonesvt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I have the Ventus Black 7x in my SIM MAX and it's one of the best shafts ever I've had.  Seems like the guys at Fuji made this shaft exclusively for me, haha!  I like MRC shafts as well and at the time of testing, the 2nd best fitted shaft for me was the CK Pro White 70TX.  As for the OP's post, I have messed around with the D+ years ago and it was meh compared to the Ventus black, but I think that has more to do with my swing than the shaft itself.  Launch was about the same but spin rate was significantly higher with the D+.  Dispersion was worse as well.  I would suggest getting a VB 6x for the OP since he has had much success with the 7x.  The VB is also smoother and the D+ is more boardy in terms of feel(don't really care for feel in general).  I would like to note that the VB is not a low launch shaft for me as my LA was 15-17 degrees which is on the higher side for me.  Where it really shines is that it keeps my spin rate down(2100 rpm) while keeping my launch high enough for me to get max carry. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I have the Ventus Black 7x in my SIM MAX and it's one of the best shafts ever I've had.  Seems like the guys at Fuji made this shaft exclusively for me, haha!  I like MRC shafts as well and at the time of testing, the 2nd best fitted shaft for me was the CK Pro White 70TX.  As for the OP's post, I have messed around with the D+ years ago and it was meh compared to the Ventus black, but I think that has more to do with my swing than the shaft itself.  Launch was about the same but spin rate was significantly higher with the D+.  Dispersion was worse as well.  I would suggest getting a VB 6x for the OP since he has had much success with the 7x.  The VB is also smoother and the D+ is more boardy in terms of feel(don't really care for feel in general).  I would like to note that the VB is not a low launch shaft for me as my LA was 15-17 degrees which is on the higher side for me.  Where it really shines is that it keeps my spin rate down(2100 rpm) while keeping my launch high enough for me to get max carry. 

The original OP is asking about the D limited which is a 2020 released shaft and the D+ was released (tiger shaft) in early 2019. I’m looking at the D limited as well and some feedback would be welcomed. 

• Like 1

I’ve had the d+ limited 70tx and the club weight wise felt amazing tipped a inch and as far as distance goes it’s the longest of the bunch.  I don’t really know what is it about that shaft but I couldn’t feel the head exactly like I wanted even though the numbers and the flight was almost perfect.

I have had two ventus blacks 7x one tipped a inch and one not.  The tipped 1inch ventus is amazing I feel the head I shape my shots, it’s a d+ with feel .  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brad1978golf said:

The original OP is asking about the D limited which is a 2020 released shaft and the D+ was released (tiger shaft) in early 2019. I’m looking at the D limited as well and some feedback would be welcomed. 

You're right, I totally missed that.  I apologize. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

7 hours ago, BogeyLJA said:

I have the new D Limited 60TX and a Ventus on the away, shootout is on!

Keep us posted with a review and which one wins

• Like 2

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

On 11/21/2020 at 12:10 AM, BogeyLJA said:

I have the new D Limited 60TX and a Ventus on the away, shootout is on!

Please do so!!!! I'm leaning towards the Ventus heavily, but some numbers would really be a huge help!!! Thanks everyone for their contributions so far!!!

Edited by ILove2Golf123

5 hours ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Please do so!!!! I'm leaning towards the Ventus heavily, but some numbers would really be a huge help!!! Thanks everyone for their contributions so far!!!

How are his numbers going to be helpful to you when his delivery could be so different than your own? You need to find a place to test these shafts yourself. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, noodle3872 said:

How are his numbers going to be helpful to you when his delivery could be so different than your own? You need to find a place to test these shafts yourself. 

If I could have done that already, I wouldn't be on here asking. It's just simply not possible. No fitter remotely close to me has the Diamana D Limited shaft. His numbers can give me an idea of how the two compare and I can ask about some of his swing characteristics as well. It's not perfect, but it will give me a ballpark idea. I already own a Ventus Black 7x, as stated in the first post, so I know what I am in store for with the Ventus.

Currently play a M5 tour 9 with an Accra TZ5 M5 65 and ordered a Sim 9 tour head with a D limited 60tx. Was really wavering between the 60tx and 70tx. I like a heavier shaft so I’m hoping to not be regretting the choice as this shaft is near impossible to find in Canada let alone in a fitting cart. Can’t wait to hear some early feedback from the guys. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

update:

Ive played the Tensei Pro white 60tx for the last 2 years, recently picked up a Diamana D limited 60tx (not the D+) and a Ventus black 6x. For me the Diamana is evolving into the most confidence I’ve ever had with a driver - SIM head. Mid flight slow spin bombs. Firm but great feel, can’t say enough good things about it! 

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

I ended up selling the ventus 7x it was starting to get a little heavy.  So I ordered the 6x and in the mean time I’ve been playing the atmos black 7ts and its lively as hell.  Don’t sell that one short.  The kuro Kage xt will always be my favorite shaft of all time with a degree lower head then normal.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I loved my Diamana DF 70TX in my TS3 driver so kept it to put in my TSi3 for this year. Looking to get a 3 wood shaft and wondering if most people stick with the same 3 wood shaft as their driver or go to something different? TSi3 fairway came with a Tensei AV White 85x but haven't been able to hit that yet. Wasn't a fan of Pro Orange in the past. I have an EF White T1100 85x that I really liked in my TS3 fairway so wanting to stick to something similar to that. Wondering if I should go with DF 85TX in my 3 wood or go with a Ventus Black 85x. I had Ventus 75x in my TS3 initially but it wasn't kicking spin down enough for me like the DF, but otherwise liked the feel of it. Definitely need something with really low launch and spin for my 3 wood and DF is low/mid launch so that's my only reservation with not getting that.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

On 2/20/2021 at 6:20 PM, HappyGilmore22 said:

I loved my Diamana DF 70TX in my TS3 driver so kept it to put in my TSi3 for this year. Looking to get a 3 wood shaft and wondering if most people stick with the same 3 wood shaft as their driver or go to something different? TSi3 fairway came with a Tensei AV White 85x but haven't been able to hit that yet. Wasn't a fan of Pro Orange in the past. I have an EF White T1100 85x that I really liked in my TS3 fairway so wanting to stick to something similar to that. Wondering if I should go with DF 85TX in my 3 wood or go with a Ventus Black 85x. I had Ventus 75x in my TS3 initially but it wasn't kicking spin down enough for me like the DF, but otherwise liked the feel of it. Definitely need something with really low launch and spin for my 3 wood and DF is low/mid launch so that's my only reservation with not getting that.

9x ventus red is phenomenal in the 3w 

my go to’s

d+ limited 70tx and. 90tx 

ventus blk 6x and ventus red 9x 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

On 2/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, HappyGilmore22 said:

I never stay with the same shaft for my driver and 3 metal.  Reason being, I need something that launches a touch higher and def need more spin especially off the deck.  Ventus Black is a phenomal shaft for me especially my dispersion.  Ventus Blue was a natural transition for me.  A little higher launch and def more spin for my 3 metal.  Ventus Black is fine for 3 metal if you are a high/high golfer to begin off the tee.  My reservations are about getting enough spin off the deck. 

• 7 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, drbonesvt said:

9x ventus red is phenomenal in the 3w 

my go to’s

d+ limited 70tx and. 90tx 

ventus blk 6x and ventus red 9x 

Love my Ventus stuff , the red 9x in the 3w is the baddest of the bunch 

been spending some time witb D+ LTD esp in the driver.  Just something about that’s intoxicating, can’t complain about performance 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 7:41 PM, drbonesvt said:

Love my Ventus stuff , the red 9x in the 3w is the baddest of the bunch 

been spending some time witb D+ LTD esp in the driver.  Just something about that’s intoxicating, can’t complain about performance 

Did you tip your black 6x and/or red 9x or just go straight in? 

Taylormade Stealth+ 9.0* | GD Tour ADHD 6X

Taylormade Stealth+ 15* | GD Tour ADHD 7X

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 19* | Ventus Blue 9TX

Miura TC-201  4-PW  | MMT 105 S

Miura 50* Raw  | BGT ZNE 115g

National Custom Works  Jeff McCoy 54 | DG TI S400

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe Raw 58  | KBS Hi Rev 115

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 STR | Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2021

Taylormade TP5X 2021