Ping G410 or Titleist TSI ??

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Properly fit, they will most likely perform the same, so it's going to come down to what you like the look, feel, and sound of.  Having hit the 410 and the TSi2, I prefer the TSi2 and I did not expect to.  I currently game the G400 Max and it is great but the sound/feel of the TSi2 have already won me over.

Titleist TSi2 9* Tensei AV 65 Raw White

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 718 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM6 54/10, SM7 58/8

Ping Anser Milled 2

I've got the 410, and the TSi2.  I've only got a couple rounds with the Titleist, but as far as looks, sound, and feel, I'd give it to the Titleist.  As far as performance, I'm thinking it's about the same.  Maybe a little further with the Titleist, but not quite as forgiving as the Ping. 

I had an outdoor Titleist fitting a few weeks ago and was fit to a 10* TSi2.  It was longer and I was getting better numbers than the 10.5* G410 LST.

I ended up getting rid of the LST and getting a standard 9* 410 Plus.  I found it to be pretty much the same as what I was getting with the TSi2.   Same ball flight, same distance, I'd say the PING was a touch more forgiving.

As other have said, the 425 is coming, which may throw a curveball.  Not gonna lie, I can be a bit frugal.  So it was hard for me to bite the bullet and spend $550 on a driver.

WITB (as of 11/14/20)
PING G410 PLUS 9*
PING G400 5-wood
PING G410 22*
Srixon Z565 5-PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50*
Cleveland CBX 2 54*
Cleveland CBX Full Face 58*
Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Titleist ProV1x

15 hours ago, mantan said:

I had an outdoor Titleist fitting a few weeks ago and was fit to a 10* TSi2.  It was longer and I was getting better numbers than the 10.5* G410 LST.

I ended up getting rid of the LST and getting a standard 9* 410 Plus.  I found it to be pretty much the same as what I was getting with the TSi2.   Same ball flight, same distance, I'd say the PING was a touch more forgiving.

As other have said, the 425 is coming, which may throw a curveball.  Not gonna lie, I can be a bit frugal.  So it was hard for me to bite the bullet and spend $550 on a driver.

amen - gone are the days of the $299 new driver.  RIP

I just picked up a TSi2 5 wood and its a cannon - high straight effortless bombs. Haven't tried the driver yet, but Titleist coming back to my club for fittings in a few weeks.

The 5w is seriously pushing up against my current Mizuno driver for distance - not really what I got it for, but im starting to play it off the tee a bunch on tight holes its so long and accurate. I can't even imagine what the driver might do...but ill be testing one soon.

While it was longer than my G410 (was basically equal to my previous TS3 and Sim), I just feel better over the ball with it as 'I' feel it is more 'forgiving' than the other 2 and overall performance doesn't leave me wanting more.  Haven't ever really gotten along well with the 2's vs. 3's unless much lower loft for spin reasons.

SM 3.5 Bag:

Ping G410 9* Plus w/ Tensei Orange Pro 60 TX

TM Sim Ti 14* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ Evenflow T1100 S

Edel VL 4-PW w/ Rifle Flighted 6.5 SSx1

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Rifle 6.0

Piretti Potenza II 365g 34"

I currently bag the G410.   Took the TSi out for a spin with the same shaft.     The feel was great, and I gained a few more yards with the TSi, but dispersion was better with the G410.   Ended up sticking the G410 as the course I play punish you badly for missing the fairway.

Driver: Ping G410
3W: Srixon F85 3+

5W: Cleveland Launcher HB
Irons: Mizuno 921 HM Pro's
Wedges: Harry Taylor 305 - 52, 58
Putter: Cleveland Frontline Elevado

Have not done a head to head, but I have to say that I've suddenly and unexpectedly become a fan of PING drivers (and now have an LST and a PLUS) despite generally being a traditionalist and playing Titleist forever.

Although I'm not a fan of turbulators, I am loving the matte finish of the PINGs. I don't like the super glossy look, and the TSi models are as shiny as any I've ever seen. They are so reflective that it's almost visually distracting. Much prefer the PING and I'm glad they are sticking with dark matte in the 425 line (and they are ditching turbulators in the fairway woods, which is great).

PING G410 / Ventus Blue 6x

PING G410 LST / Ventus Blue 7x

TITLEIST TS2 3W 7W / Ventus Blue 7x

MIZUNO MP20 Blades 5i-P / Modus 120 S

VOKEY SM8 50F 54D 58M / Modus 120 S

Putter TBD