Wrist collapse at the top?

I have been fighting the top of my backswing for years and years, always seems to get laid off at the last second.  I can't tell if it is a fundamental problem or if i'm anticipating the downswing too early with my hands.  really been frustrating trying to solve the issue, any help is appreciated.

video attached is 2 swings, same swing thoughts/set up.  both different at the top.  Stills below are of both swings, nearly identical 4/5 of the way back. I've tried shorting the swing, but the same problem pops up.  I'd say this happens to 50% of my swings, regardless of its length.

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, i'm not sure why you would want to fight that move, it is a great way to shallow the club and get it on plane, I wouldn't change that at all.  The main problem is actually in transition w

Posted Images

Honestly, i'm not sure why you would want to fight that move, it is a great way to shallow the club and get it on plane, I wouldn't change that at all. 

The main problem is actually in transition which becomes clearly visible at 0:06 when you start running the video back. Your downswing move is starting with the hands and your lower body is quiet, this is exactly backwards. Your downswing move should start with the lower body turning/firing and the hands being quiet while being pulled along. Being out of sequence like you are above will always lead to the hands outracing the lower body and flipping through impact. Leave the layoff move alone and focus on reordering your transition. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade SIM Ti 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

I appreciate your input. Yes, my rotation is nonexistent in these swings. I was strictly focusing on the backswing and just trying to keep one swing thought in my mind. It is usually a little bit more than it is here, but it’s definitely an area that I need to work on.

also, the wrist collapse at the top of the swing (or whatever we wanna call it) is sometimes even more pronounced. It’s frustrating, because I’m trying to get it so that it is more on plane/square at the top and I just can’t seem to make it right. I do understand that that is a good move on the downswing once everything is initiated.