Taylormade 2021 - NOT Sim....

On 11/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, ILove2Golf123 said:

New Spiders FTW!!! Has anyone heard anything or seen pics yet? I would really love to see them do a milled spider or one with an aluminum insert.

Same... all TM commented to me on the SIM 2.0 thread was that it's coming... I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped all new gear in early 2021 so that all of us guys put a lien on our homes for their new gear lol. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My golf ball wishlist wants to see the TP5x return to something that's closer to the 2017-18 model. The current TP5x just doesn't spin enough. I'm optimistic that we'll see something along those lines

Agreed, if they had a ball that was right in the middle of the TP5 and TP5x in terms of spin it would be incredible. TP5x is just a tad light on the greenside spin when you get on concrete running ove

All hybrid set? 99% of WRX would never. Blades all day! 😂

Posted Images

4 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Same... all TM commented to me on the SIM 2.0 thread was that it's coming... I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped all new gear in early 2021 so that all of us guys put a lien on our homes for their new gear lol. 

Haha by early 2021 I'll be broke, homeless, and have given away the naming rights to my first born child. I already got a new set of Apex MB 21's that I didn't need because I thought they looked really great. I know they probably won't kick my old faithful Miura TB's out the bag, but I just couldn't resist. If it hadn't been the Apex MB's it would have been the P7MB's or the 921 JPX Tour's or the ZX7's........ so forth and so on. There just has been so many great new irons released this year already and now all the new woods coming out.... give me a break!!! My wallet and credit cards can't take much more of this lol. 

Edited by ILove2Golf123
6 hours ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Haha by early 2021 I'll be broke, homeless, and have given away the naming rights to my first born child. I already got a new set of Apex MB 21's that I didn't need because I thought they looked really great. I know they probably won't kick my old faithful Miura TB's out the bag, but I just couldn't resist. If it hadn't been the Apex MB's it would have been the P7MB's or the 921 JPX Tour's or the ZX7's........ so forth and so on. There just has been so many great new irons released this year already and now all the new woods coming out.... give me a break!!! My wallet and credit cards can't take much more of this lol. 

Jesus... hahaha. I do agree that the Apex MB 21s look super clean and nice... but from what I've noticed, I haven't seen any Miura or Honma owners push those brands out of their bag to put in something else...  

7 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Jesus... hahaha. I do agree that the Apex MB 21s look super clean and nice... but from what I've noticed, I haven't seen any Miura or Honma owners push those brands out of their bag to put in something else...  

Haha yeah I'd say that's pretty accurate about Miura. The only reason I considered switching is the Apex MB's I ordered are a tour only raw finish. I've never played a raw finish set of irons and everyone I've talked to says they feel even more buttery than chrome so it'll be interesting to see how they stack up. Callaway's forgings are really soft already and highly underrated in my opinion so they should really feel great.  

• Like 3
On 11/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, TheMoneyShot said:

I heard raw faced Hi-Toe wedges are coming...

heard the same but they are readily available through TM tour resllers for cheap right now.  The 60 degree lb head I have is an incredible greenside weapon.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

1 hour ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Haha yeah I'd say that's pretty accurate about Miura. The only reason I considered switching is the Apex MB's I ordered are a tour only raw finish. I've never played a raw finish set of irons and everyone I've talked to says they feel even more buttery than chrome so it'll be interesting to see how they stack up. Callaway's forgings are really soft already and highly underrated in my opinion so they should really feel great.  

i think it’s Xander that carries a raw set? They do look cool and have heard the same thing as you. 

I want to say it was TXG that did wedge test and raw faces were one of them to determine if raw (rusted) faces made a difference to performance (spin) and it was only better by a few hundred RPMs. 

Feel and performance can be two different things so if the raw heads feel better for you, then why not (unless your spouse says otherwise lol). 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, PeteW said:

I would love if they’d bring Morikawa‘s long neck putter to market. 

You're in luck. As of today TaylorMade is offering MyTP Putter on their custom shop site. Juno L Neck, Juno & Soto Long Neck and Soto flow neck with custom color/shaft/grip options. 

• Like 2

TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5
TaylorMade P770 3-5 Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade MySpider X Black
Taylormade TP5

1 hour ago, TK3309 said:

You're in luck. As of today TaylorMade is offering MyTP Putter on their custom shop site. Juno L Neck, Juno & Soto Long Neck and Soto flow neck with custom color/shaft/grip options. 

Kudos to TM to do this.....now I wish Scotty would follow suit.

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

3 hours ago, TK3309 said:

Awesome... until lefties realise they have been left out... once again... C'mon @TaylorMade Golf, what's up with that??

• Like 2

Time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is on the Morikawa Long Neck Juno. 

I wish they did the Del Monte with an L-neck. I would hope on that in a hot second.

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX

Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw C-Grind 57/11 & Ported 61/07 Black C-Taper S+

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour

Odyssey Metal X 2-Ball Putter Brushed Black CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

46 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

Time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is on the Morikawa Long Neck Juno. 

I wish they did the Del Monte with an L-neck. I would hope on that in a hot second.

On it!

LongNeckJuno.jpg.2aed421f29879d90245f5b70e3bf077b.jpg

• Like 4

TaylorMade M5 8.0, Tensei Pro White 60 S, 45"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue 70 X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft stepped)
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade tour proto milled Juno, KBS CT Tour, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5
jll62's WITB

3 hours ago, Daveg023 said:

They just released a My TP putter with the long neck option. 

I just saw that too! Too bad there is no lefty option for any of the putters 😒!!! I also wish they'd just do the whole putter faced milled. You can see they went through the trouble of milling the whole face area, but then cut out a spot for an insert. I'm hoping they add some lefty options and different face inserts because I really do like the putter's themselves!

Edited by ILove2Golf123
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, stevechooster said:

i think it’s Xander that carries a raw set? They do look cool and have heard the same thing as you. 

I want to say it was TXG that did wedge test and raw faces were one of them to determine if raw (rusted) faces made a difference to performance (spin) and it was only better by a few hundred RPMs. 

Feel and performance can be two different things so if the raw heads feel better for you, then why not (unless your spouse says otherwise lol). 

Yeah, Xander does carry a set of the raw Apex Pro's which are absolutely sick!!! I'm hoping I can get my hands on a raw 3 and 4 iron head in the new Apex Pro 21 so I can add that to the set I'm building.

I really want to know more about the new hybrids and if they are going to use shaft adapters again like the M3’s

• Like 1

TM SIM 9.0 with Tensei Pro White 60-S

TM M5 15 deg 3W with Tensei Pro White 70-S

TM M3 3H & 4H with Fujikura Atmos Blue HB Tour Spec 8X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Odyssey 34" Stroke Lab 10 

Hopefully the SIM hybrid will be a “players” hybrid with the adapter.... if it is, I’m probably in like Flynn!

On 12/6/2020 at 10:42 PM, taylorx300 said:

Za206

yes and no on the hybrids

• Like 1

TM SIM 9.0 with Tensei Pro White 60-S

TM M5 15 deg 3W with Tensei Pro White 70-S

TM M3 3H & 4H with Fujikura Atmos Blue HB Tour Spec 8X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Odyssey 34" Stroke Lab 10 

Going through some major bag changes ATM and was fit into the Spider X and MG2s. It’s so hard having to hold off knowing new stuff is coming. Well, not that hard, our season is done, but I like new shiny toys. 

Keeping a close eye on this thread, specifically for putters, wedges and hybrids. 

Anybody hear about a replacement for the P790 Ti? I might be in an extreme minority, but I think they’re the coolest looking irons out there. I don’t want to jump the gun if they’re coming out with a new version in the coming months.

Mavrik SZ TD - Diamana x'17 50S

PXG 0317x gen2 19* hybrid - MMT 80S
PXG 0211 4-SW - MMT 80S
Edison Forged 55*, 59* - MMT 105TX
Golo3 2014 - Pokéball weights
My swing: "something resembling a wet noodle" - My Boss.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, ZA206 said:

Hopefully the SIM hybrid will be a “players” hybrid with the adapter.... if it is, I’m probably in like Flynn!

They’ll have two versions, I didn’t get details but one will be more for players and one not. I just really wish I knew how players and how game improvement. 

I’d be down for a regular version and a version even slightly larger than the current sim, but I doubt it.