Mizuno MP Series 2021

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to probably be a while on this one since the JPX line just came out...but I hope they somehow release a one piece forged muscle cavity like the trusty MP64s (which I am on the hunt for a replace

The MP 20 line was really clean. I wouldn’t mind these staying in the lineup an extra year. In order to fill the gap, I would love to see a more petite HMB, ala p790 to p770. 

I wonder if we will see a one-piece forged cavity back, like the MP 18 SC or MP 64.    Sadly, I fear this type of iron is going the way of the dodo bird. If Mizuno skips it again for this up

Going to probably be a while on this one since the JPX line just came out...but I hope they somehow release a one piece forged muscle cavity like the trusty MP64s (which I am on the hunt for a replacement set of), 63s, etc.

There's something about how the release of the old school MPs went...that was golf heritage.  Don't get me wrong, the MMCs are amazing clubs with amazing tech, but I hope Mizuno can go back to releasing with one piece forgings with help as opposed to just the blade.

Yes, I know the JPX is the logical continuation of the 64 and such but the feel has never been there for me, when compared with the MP that is.  Maybe if the JPX came out with a diamond muscle we could be in business.

• Like 2

I wonder if we will see a one-piece forged cavity back, like the MP 18 SC or MP 64. 

Sadly, I fear this type of iron is going the way of the dodo bird. If Mizuno skips it again for this upcoming MP release, they are saying either play the JPX Tour or look elsewhere (for guys like me that play the 18 SC or the 64, the 63, etc.)

Edited by TheBear95
  • Like 1

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Titleist 915 FD 18*
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 22*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, av1084 said:

Going to probably be a while on this one since the JPX line just came out...but I hope they somehow release a one piece forged muscle cavity like the trusty MP64s (which I am on the hunt for a replacement set of), 63s, etc.

There's something about how the release of the old school MPs went...that was golf heritage.  Don't get me wrong, the MMCs are amazing clubs with amazing tech, but I hope Mizuno can go back to releasing with one piece forgings with help as opposed to just the blade.

Yes, I know the JPX is the logical continuation of the 64 and such but the feel has never been there for me, when compared with the MP that is.  Maybe if the JPX came out with a diamond muscle we could be in business.

I agree. I understand why an iron like the MP 18 SC didn't carry over to the MP 20 line, but it would be disappointing to see the one-piece cavity back eliminated from the MP line once again. 

Would love to see an updated MP 64 diamond muscle, with better looking short irons. The look of the PW and 9 iron were the only flaws in my opinion on the 64s. 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Titleist 915 FD 18*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*

I agree, a one piece forged cavity is needed in the MP line, preferably with “blade-like” lofts. Having the mmc and hmb as two of the three clubs in the MP line with a blade being the only other is keeping me from replacing my MP57s. JPX 921T just doesn’t do it for me.  

Edited by mbart

MP64 legitimately could have been the GOAT iron for discerning iron players...if not for the 9 and PW, which still isn’t a deal breaker. 

I really hope the 18 SC was not the last mizuno one piece cavity - but I would understand business wise if it was. 

That being said, we could hope for an MP65, no??  Maybe?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, av1084 said:

It seems like the issue with the 18SC was maybe COG/sweet spot placement and it was not a friendly club for most people and hence sales weren’t as good (speculation)...I hope they didn’t take that as a sole data point over the years and decide to eliminate the one piece cavity based on that alone. 

I think it is more due to the fact that it is difficult to have multiple irons in a new release now that don't have a "tech" story. So, if there's a new blade, there's no room for a one-piece cavity back. See the MP 20 line.

My guess is that if the new MP line does have a one-piece cavity back, it won't have a blade release this cycle. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Titleist 915 FD 18*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*

Here’s to hoping they have a player’s cavity back for the southpaws! I too tried the 18 SCs but found them unforgiving. I actually felt the MP20’s (sel/blades) were more forgiving than the MP18s. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the MP20 MMCs so I’d love something similar for the lefty world. All in all, I’m thrilled Mizuno gave us lefties a shot at the blades this year! 

1 hour ago, TheBear95 said:

I think it is more due to the fact that it is difficult to have multiple irons in a new release now that don't have a "tech" story. So, if there's a new blade, there's no room for a one-piece cavity back. See the MP 20 line.

My guess is that if the new MP line does have a one-piece cavity back, it won't have a blade release this cycle. 

I think that would make sense as well - no need to release pure MBs every two years, one would think. 

If you could play a MP18 SC, you can definitely play a MP20 blade. No difference in forgiveness. I went from MP18 MMC to the MP20 blade without any problems. If you need more forgiveness, you want a multi-material product to manipulate the CG. MP18 SC got nixed because it offered no additional forgiveness or performance over the blade. I think the best example of a company that has consistently maintained a one piece forged CB is Titleist. Fantastic iron and yet if you look at tour bags you will see mostly the MB or the T100. And if you really really want a Mizuno one piece forged players CB, you got the JPX Tours. 

I don't know what Mizuno will do the MP22 series. Copper underlay was a great addition for MP20 and the esthetics are perfect on the blade. The MB and MMC lines are really good. The HMB was hit or miss. I liked the MP18 Fli Hi better for a long iron replacement. 

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

If it’s a new MB , they need to look at they short irons and go back toward the mp5 size and shape.  The mp20 short irons just did not suit my eye. Shortish face and just an odd shape.   Never could put my finger on it. But it caused the sale of my set.  

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Mizuno will launch a new MP Line the " Fall of 2021 "   ......  A buddy of mine is a Mizuno Rep so unless something drastic happens that should be accurate. 

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50 , 54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

On 11/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, sniper said:

I’m a MP-18SC player and I love them. I’m not good enough for blades and I think the MMC’s look good not great. I do hope Mizuno will release a one piece forged CB with the next MP release.  

I agree with you. Srixon's new ZX7 has me looking at them to possibly get bag time from my OnOff Kuro irons.  I'm no fan of the JPX line because the badging they use and Mizuno needs a one piece forged cavity back. 

• Like 1

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20 50 , 54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

Due to shaming of muscle back players by OEM's , retailers, players on the golf courses etc..., I believe MB's are essentially finished as a financially viable product. So, small cavity back irons is the one remaining frontier where Mizuno (and other companies) might be able to sell a financially significant number of iron iron sets. Mizuno should absolutely produce and offer for sale a one piece forged relatively small head cavity back model.

• Thanks 1

Cleveland TL310 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter