Handy Penalty Hints

• Newby changed the title to Handy Penalty Hints
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless you fail to identify a reference point and the ball moves forward after touching the ground (in the absence of MLR E-12). I'd like to see a brief rule reference in brackets after each issu

Grounding a club in a bunker is only an issue if done to test the conditions or done directly in front or behind the ball or if it affects the conditions affecting the stroke Relief from artifi

Agree that it is quick and simple, and covers the vast majority of situations.  You could plasticize it and hang it from your golf bag - making it much more straightforward than the Player's Edition o

Posted Images

• Grounding a club in a bunker is only an issue if done to test the conditions or done directly in front or behind the ball or if it affects the conditions affecting the stroke
  • Relief from artificial objects doesn't consider their movability
  • Ball hits another ball on the putting green is only a penalty if the both of the balls were on the putting green when the stroke was made
  • Temporary Water
  • Nearest Point of Complete Relief
  • Ball moved accidentally, exclusion should include teeing area
  • Like 1

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
D & 3W: ST 180 / 21º, MP-H5 / 4-PW: MP-4 / 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: Hi-Toe / Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

32 minutes ago, Edaw68 said:

My only usability suggestion would be additional columns to divide between stroke or match play.  As I am not nearly the rules expert that most are in this forum, I like the relative simplicity, and don't need to get too far into the weeds for my normal game with my buddies.

Agree that it is quick and simple, and covers the vast majority of situations.  You could plasticize it and hang it from your golf bag - making it much more straightforward than the Player's Edition of the Rules.  Of course, this is a Rules forum, abound with persons concerned about detail!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, rogolf said:

Of course that's a 2% detail.  If you drop on the line you're still okay.

Unless you fail to identify a reference point and the ball moves forward after touching the ground (in the absence of MLR E-12).

I'd like to see a brief rule reference in brackets after each issue - pointing in the right direction for the minority of folk interested to follow up from time to time.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Bean said:

Then we are quickly approaching this.

That's what I used as a beginner to learn the basics and recommend everyone to get when they want to familiarize themselves with the rules. I also have it with me when working as an official although the illustrations in the new rules book has diminished its value to some extent.

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
D & 3W: ST 180 / 21º, MP-H5 / 4-PW: MP-4 / 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: Hi-Toe / Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4