2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What do y'all think about Bianca P.

phizzy30

Hey guys I've been watching a lot of Bianca P. and the girl is a beast off the tee and has a pretty good short game.  I really like her action with driver.  Really goes after it, produces a lot of lag and her stability and balance through the entire swing is a marvel to see.  One slight drawback maybe that she hangs back a touch but I've talked to a lot of golf instructors that that's ok with driver.  She's obviously very strong especially in her core.  So what do y'all think? 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

IMHO, Bianca is definitely the real deal, she just needs more "reps" to get into the feel of the game more.  She is struggling with her long game (irons & approaches) ... now I don't know if it is because of the missed fairways or just her iron game not being as strong as it needs to be.  Her putting stats show her being good on some days and not so good on others ... which leads me to conclude (just based on the stats only) that her long game is adding pressure on her putting as she is hitting less GIR than the perennial contenders and elites such as SYK, In Bee, Brooke, Minjee, and these past few events -- Ally McDonald.  (here is where it would be so helpful to have some sort of statistics measuring the "proximity to the hole"). 

Nonetheless, I think Bianca will figure it out ... this is a big year for her in terms of having to learn to manage her own affairs (golfwise), assume greater responsibility for travel, accommodations, practice, caddies, etc.  Anyway, just my two cents from the casual golf fan. 😄 

She just needs opportunities to play, her priority ranking #167 is what's holding her back early on (lack of experience)... Bianca's iron feel is her weakness - she knows she needs work on it and is doing so... putting and driving is her strength - her putting stroke is fine (in my own view)...  Mental game is her strength - which is key as she catches/improves on  her GIR stats - she gets it to 75% or so consistently she's in contention, she's less than that, she's mediocre... but she's made 7 straight cuts, how's that?  I expect her to play better in majors, both her game and her nature/temperament will dictate that -- she thrives on pressure -- as in thrives and wants it...  She's chill too outside the course -- not the cerebral Bryson type, on the contrary, as you guys have seen on the KPMG...  the major time she uses analytics is when she's practicing - practice with a purpose, she always says 🙂

Needless to say, I'm a fan and avid supporter! 🙂

• Like 1

She has a relatively new caddie. I believe her looped at Augusta National, but hasn't seen the vast majority of the courses. They seem like a good team, and will most likely mature together, but I'm curious how his lack of experience may be a factor at this point. That said, it's difficult for a rookie to pick up a veteran.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

51 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

She has a relatively new caddie. I believe her looped at Augusta National, but hasn't seen the vast majority of the courses. They seem like a good team, and will most likely mature together, but I'm curious how his lack of experience may be a factor at this point. That said, it's difficult for a rookie to pick up a veteran.

True, though one would think it would be less difficult for a rookie with Bianca's very apparent talents especially this year with so many international players being away from the tour after the restart.

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

She "hired" the caddie at Inverness... Inverness has a caddie program -- he's an Evan Scholar -- I too am curious how the "lack of experience" can offset "smarts" (can't argue with the caddy being "smart", at least book smart).  Curious to see you guys' thoughts on caddie selection... on the one hand, the player has final say (of course), on the other, an experienced caddie can indeed "change the player" (both to become better or make it all the more confusing for the player).   Based on what I've seen so far, he's a good caddie... 🙂

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

Haven't seen enough of her to see if the caddie is helping or hurting. An experienced caddie will know the course, having played it many times. This year is a bit odd given that they've played quite a few courses for the first time, so that experience isn't as important. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Haven't seen enough of her to see if the caddie is helping or hurting. An experienced caddie will know the course, having played it many times. This year is a bit odd given that they've played quite a few courses for the first time, so that experience isn't as important. 

good point on the new courses... 

Edited by HMHS

Well distance is gonna be a big factor in helping her, distance always plays.  But my favorite metrics  for judging players is scoring average.  Bianca is currently 14th with 70.68 in her rookie season and if you compare her with my favorite player Brooke who in her 1st full season 2016 (her rookie season only consisted of 2-3 events as all her good performances in 2015 didn't count as she was a non-member) Brooke's scoring average was 70.37 and never been above 70 since.  I might have missed a name but no other of this years rookies are even close and last season's big names like Kupcho and Fassi are currently a full stroke behind in scoring average.  If you can drop that scoring average below 70 it is one of the greatest indicators of being a winner on the LPGA tour and if she does get  her scoring average under 70 I predict she'll be winning a tournament every season.  2020 is a strange year that might not play out this year with the scoring average trend but 5 players currently have a sub 70 scoring average and 3 have wins and 2 players Nasa and Brooke although no wins are playing at a very high caliber, Nasa has a 56% top 10 rate and Brooke has a 63% top 10 rate with 4 in a row and 2 of those Majors.  So if Bianca continues to improve on that scoring average and gets it sub 70, she'll will be there with all the big names. 🙂

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Well distance is gonna be a big factor in helping her, distance always plays.  But my favorite metrics  for judging players is scoring average.  Bianca is currently 14th with 70.68 in her rookie season and if you compare her with my favorite player Brooke who in her 1st full season 2016 (her rookie season only consisted of 2-3 events as all her good performances in 2015 didn't count as she was a non-member) Brooke's scoring average was 70.37 and never been above 70 since.  I might have missed a name but no other of this years rookies are even close and last season's big names like Kupcho and Fassi are currently a full stroke behind in scoring average.  If you can drop that scoring average below 70 it is one of the greatest indicators of being a winner on the LPGA tour and if she does get  her scoring average under 70 I predict she'll be winning a tournament every season.  2020 is a strange year that might not play out this year with the scoring average trend but 5 players currently have a sub 70 scoring average and 3 have wins and 2 players Nasa and Brooke although no wins are playing at a very high caliber, Nasa has a 56% top 10 rate and Brooke has a 63% top 10 rate with 4 in a row and 2 of those Majors.  So if Bianca continues to improve on that scoring average and gets it sub 70, she'll will be there with all the big names. 🙂

Well stated!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, Stooch said:

Brooke H. is a top 10 machine.  Seems like she is at the top or near the top every time she tees it up.  She is very consistent and has the distance to compete with the best of them week in and week out.  I think where she lacks is with her short game especially putting from the tournaments I have seen her play in. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2