Top to Bottom changes

Well I know there has been a lot of very good releases so far with yet more to come out by next spring. I would think the big wait is going to be for the new TaylorMade SIM 2.0 or whatever it will be called. It will be hard to improve on such a fine driver as I've had some good rounds with mine when I had it. Waited for my replacement to come from Japan was my NEW Ryoma Type V driver as it's here to stay. More forgiving and just as long for me.  PING has their G425 driver and irons soon to be released as they will be very popular. 

Now for iron I'm just not into the offset or wide sole as this is why I let go of my G710's for a new set of irons which came earlier this month. I picked up a set of the new KING TOUR MIM irons with recoil shafts and what a difference for the good it has made. PING will have more releases this spring so is this what many will be waiting for. Don't forget Callaway will have some more by this spring as they already came out with the CB's and MB's which made me take a quick look but they don't look better than the previous APEX's Pro's as performance was very similar.

All that I have waited on is here and completed all in the month of September and October. I can't believe I completely overhauled my entire bag as the only new release was the KING TOUR MIM irons. Everything from top to bottom in my bag to include my Tour staff bag and shoes is the newest release and new except for my Ryoma F2 13* 3W which is over 2 years old but looks new and once you find a 3W that meets all of your expectations you don't let it go for anything as it's hard for many to find a 3W thats a keeper.  I don't see how much better equipment is going to get as the biggest difference in new stuff will be of course looks which do not add to any more performance and the most important will be feel which is what will give players the confidence needed.  

Many TM, PING, Mizuno, Callaway fan boys will always stick and be loyal to their brand as there is nothing wrong with that. Then there are those who have to go out and play or buy what their favorite PGA player just won with so who has made the biggest equipment changes or is going to? A lot of good stuff here now and coming out soon. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will have 4 bags set up for next year to tinker with, but have to figure out if I want to fill the top end up or just rotate woods in.  Have a set of Scratch SB-1's waiting to get reshafted and have a matching set of wedges for it.  Edel's in bag currently and will also have my I210s and Titleist 716 CB's with SM8 wedges.  Likely only additions will be a 9* Sim driver head and maybe a TS3 fairway.  Don't have to redo the bag when you have 4-5 full sets to choose from!

SM 3.5 Bag:

Ping G410 9* Plus w/ Tensei Orange Pro 60 TX

TM Sim Ti 14* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ Evenflow T1100 S

Edel VL 4-PW w/ Rifle Flighted 6.5 SSx1

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Rifle 6.0

Piretti Potenza II 365g 34"

March i replaced Irons,Driver and mid year kept going.All refreshed vs Xmas.Lots of great classic gear.Lots of Smiles....

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

On 11/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, Tiptx1122 said:

Many TM, PING, Mizuno, Callaway fan boys will always stick and be loyal to their brand as there is nothing wrong with that.

Fan boy, or brand preference? The last 10 years, my bag has been dominated by Callaway and Tour Edge. (and Ping for putters Ping. I've played a Ping putter every season since 2007, except for an 18-month stint which ended spring 2019).

The Callaway reps have a good relationship with our club pros, who are Callaway guys. We often get prototypes for members to try ahead of general release. (The pro once declined to let me take blog pictures of the early Epic driver on the grounds it was still "under wraps.")

And the head pro out on range will give you a "side by side" with your current club and an new Callaway club he is trying out.

Tour Edge fairways were in bag for several years, and now CB Pro irons and the EXS driver are in play. And, TE has that lifetime guarantee on its clubs.

The Callaway and Tour Edge clubs just seem to fit my eye. I can generally get them to be productive after just a few shots.

When spring demo days were available, I would try out other OEM's clubs. But, I never found that wow club that performed noticeably better than C or TE.

Finally, a note from a major bag redo way back in 2008: I found that most of the OEMs made at least one model of irons I could have played quite well, as long as it had the right shafts.

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2020)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

For details see:  Pending (need protocol to embed file list).