Golf Partner USA - shipping from Japan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve ordered from them on eBay in the past.  Not sure what shipping costs are via their website, but shipping is free on eBay.  Had the clubs the next day, yes you read that right, free overnight ship

Got my set of Vokey forged wedges today. Open box. Grips are still in plastic! $280 what a steal. Thanks OP

over half of the $57 went to cover FedEx brokerage fees. I have ordered several watches from Japan and found that if I use EMS expedited shipping it goes to me via USPS and I have never had to pay dut

I’ve ordered from them on eBay in the past.  Not sure what shipping costs are via their website, but shipping is free on eBay.  Had the clubs the next day, yes you read that right, free overnight shipping from Japan!  Absolute top notch organization, have no worries purchasing from them.

Didn’t have to pay any duty fees and my order was over $1k.  Maybe just got lucky....

Edited by jblough99
  • Like 2

Driver - Ping G425 LST Ventus Black 6X
Driving Iron - Ping IE1 4 iron (bent to 18*) KBS Tour 130X

Irons - 2019 Cobra King MB 5-GW KBS $-taper 130X

SW - Cobra MIM Black 56 Versatile KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

LW - Cobra MIM Black 60 Low KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter - Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12 Butane Finish

3 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

I’ve ordered from them on eBay in the past.  Not sure what shipping costs are via their website, but shipping is free on eBay.  Had the clubs the next day, yes you read that right, free overnight shipping from Japan!  Absolute top notch organization, have no worries purchasing from them.

Didn’t have to pay any duty fees and my order was over $1k.  Maybe just got lucky....

Free shipping as well when purchasing directly on their site.

So just an update on my purchase with them.  I guess I spoke too soon on paying the duty taxes.  I got an invoice from FedEx today for duty taxes due on my purchase.  $57 taxes on an $1121 order.

The letter included from FedEx explained the duty taxes and the only way you wont pay the taxes is if the seller lists the item as a gift on the import paperwork, which looking at the included invoice they did not.  And even with the gift clause you will still pay tax if the declared value is above a certain amount.  That amount wasnt mentioned as it was stated that it depends on what country it is coming from and what classification of goods the items falls under.

Just be aware when making purchases from them that you may be liable for the duty taxes, take it into account when looking at their prices.

2 hours ago, jblough99 said:

So just an update on my purchase with them.  I guess I spoke too soon on paying the duty taxes.  I got an invoice from FedEx today for duty taxes due on my purchase.  $57 taxes on an $1121 order.

The letter included from FedEx explained the duty taxes and the only way you wont pay the taxes is if the seller lists the item as a gift on the import paperwork, which looking at the included invoice they did not.  And even with the gift clause you will still pay tax if the declared value is above a certain amount.  That amount wasnt mentioned as it was stated that it depends on what country it is coming from and what classification of goods the items falls under.

Just be aware when making purchases from them that you may be liable for the duty taxes, take it into account when looking at their prices.

over half of the $57 went to cover FedEx brokerage fees. I have ordered several watches from Japan and found that if I use EMS expedited shipping it goes to me via USPS and I have never had to pay duties or brokerage fees. FedEx/UPS/DHL make good money brokering import/exports.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, chosenhandle said:

over half of the $57 went to cover FedEx brokerage fees. I have ordered several watches from Japan and found that if I use EMS expedited shipping it goes to me via USPS and I have never had to pay duties or brokerage fees. FedEx/UPS/DHL make good money brokering import/exports.

$57 bucks is not bad on a $1k purchase.

59 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

$57 bucks is not bad on a $1k purchase.

It’s 5% in fees. 

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

On 11/24/2020 at 4:22 AM, jblough99 said:

Was the invoice you received from FedEx contained with the shipment itself? (with the paperwork that comes with the shipment)

On 11/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, jblough99 said:

I’ve ordered from them on eBay in the past.  Not sure what shipping costs are via their website, but shipping is free on eBay.  Had the clubs the next day, yes you read that right, free overnight shipping from Japan!

A friend ordered 3 dozen golf balls (Pearl White BStone Tour B X) on their website on Wednesday afternoon taking advantage of their 30% off Black Friday sale. He received them this morning. Japan to PA in under 48 hours via FedEx shipped free. Amazing deal.

Edited by grm24

Holy moly...this is wild.  Eyeing up some XForged or Apex Pros...sounds like several members confirming this is legit?!

Currently in my Stitch SL1:
Callaway Mavrik SZ / Tour AD-IZ
Callaway Super Hybrid 17* / Tensei Pro

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* / KBS Proto
Callaway X Forged UT 22* / Steelfiber 110
Callaway Apex Pro 19 / Modus 120
Callaway MD Forged Japan 50/54/58
Odyssey White Damascus #5

On 11/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, dlow206 said:

Was the invoice you received from FedEx contained with the shipment itself? (with the paperwork that comes with the shipment)

No it was not included with the delivery.  It showed up in the mail about a week after delivery.