2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Swag Putters

I haven't used one but their quality from reviews is amazing from putters to head covers. I will agree with the head covers being top quality. As for aging badly, they sell out head covers in seconds and selling $1800 one off putters as well. Don't see them aging badly or slowing down soon.

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

10 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I haven't used one but their quality from reviews is amazing from putters to head covers. I will agree with the head covers being top quality. As for aging badly, they sell out head covers in seconds and selling $1800 one off putters as well. Don't see them aging badly or slowing down soon.

If they're good quality then that's what really matters at the end of the day. Maybe I'm the only one off put by the name, but the name is so 2012 haha.

25 minutes ago, jacobanderson123 said:

If they're good quality then that's what really matters at the end of the day. Maybe I'm the only one off put by the name, but the name is so 2012 haha.

Yeah won't lie when they first came out I thought the name was dumb too. Then started seeing their work, got a head cover that is amazing quality and putters people rave about, I've yet to see one in person but will definitely take a look if I see one.

Lefty - WITB Thread

9 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Yeah won't lie when they first came out I thought the name was dumb too. Then started seeing their work, got a head cover that is amazing quality and putters people rave about, I've yet to see one in person but will definitely take a look if I see one.

They have some pretty cool headcovers, that's for sure.

16 hours ago, jonradus said:

We all know every putter head is a $100 piece of milled steel that may or may not be hand-worked. The marketing, design, and finish make all the difference with respect to value. If you don’t like Swag and you think they’re overpriced, then so be it. Go buy another brand you like better. 

I don't think they're overpriced because I can't make that judgement without ever have tried there stuff. I'm just saying the name makes them sound like a $50 putter company.

Headcovers are some of the nicest out there and putters are darn good too. Worth more then any OTR Scotty this year and same goes for headcover quality! Can't quite touch Olson headcover quality but it is up there!

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

On 11/21/2020 at 11:29 PM, jacobanderson123 said:

How good are the Swag Putters? Their whole brand and the name are just really off putting (no pun intended) to me. Even if they are really high quality, "Swag Putters" just sounds like a cheap $100 putter brand, and I think it will just continue to age badly.

Disclaimer: i'm a huge Swag covers fan. I love their quirky designs and solid quality. Their fan base is expanding rather rapidly in the last year. 

I'm not a fan of their name either, but i'm used to it by now. Just like having a very hot gf named Bob... What can u do?

As far as their putters' quality, here's my 2 cents (i've never owned one, so take my words w a lot of salt):

Material: they are made of 303 SS, which is the standard for most milled putters out there, so nothing special.

Form/shape: almost a carbon copy of every major putters out there (e.g. scotties), so nothing special. 

Style: it's the aesthetic (stamps, engravings, finishes) that sets them apart from other putters. U could say the same about any brands out there. If u like skulls, quirky phrases, and colorful finishes, then Swag putters are for u. They scream loudly and most likely draw a lot of attentions on the greens. 

Exclusivity: they produce each one in a small batch, and vow to never repeat a design again in the future. If u own one, u are in a very exclusive club. Even though the demand for their putters are nothing compared to their covers, I think they'll hold value quite well just because of the limited number. 

The question really comes down to how much do u want to spend on some skull stamps and engravings.... 

Their standard releases are priced at around around 555-777/piece, so certainly not cheap for a 303ss putter. 

Their 1 of 1 tour putters are priced around 1800-2500. At that price, I think u could get a really nice handmade custom GSS putter that carry ur own name instead of Swag. 

• Like 1

I have a handsome one with a dot on the way. The attention to detail in their milling / texturing is pretty phenomenal.  I found one with a pretty rare face milling pattern that I liked and couldn’t pass up.  We’ll see how she rolls over thanksgiving break. 

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Their milled flow neck is pretty awesome.

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

• 2 weeks later...

I get that you may not like the name "Swag" and its vapid, one-dimensional meaning from the .com years.  That part will not age well.  The putters themselves, however, seem to have a lot more staying power than the name itself...

• Like 1

Driver PING G SF Tec

Wood PING G (18.5*)

Irons PING G30 (6-SW)

Putter PING DS72 2021 (35")

Bag Jones Classic Stand

Cart Clicgear 3.5+

Headcover quality is terrific. Some of the designs are out there but their catalog is deep enough now that most golfers could probably find something they like. And yeah, the brand is red hot. A year ago I never had problems with releases but now I’m on a cold streak. Production is being increased a little but not enough to satisfy everyone, which is how it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, 14max said:

I get that you may not like the name "Swag" and its vapid, one-dimensional meaning from the .com years.  That part will not age well.  The putters themselves, however, seem to have a lot more staying power than the name itself...

Yeah I have heard nothing but great reviews for them so I have no doubt the putters or the headcovers are fantastic quality.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, KRW59 said:

Swag Putters is the perfect name for a company that specializes in putter accessories......they make putters in a limited amount as a side option.....after all,  isn't the word 'Swag'  slang for fancy accessory...

swag stands for stuff we all get

That's definitely not the case after all the L's I've taken this year haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

Golf town up here had the Canada skull cover on like half off or 60% I forget for a daily deal, so I ordered one up. Got it last week and its pretty awesome. Magnet closure which is great, the quality is nice for sure, and the stitching is pretty deeeecent. The sticker on the bag was the best part of the whole thing...

SWAG.jpg

SWAG2.jpg

SWAG3.jpg

Edited by kmay__
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kmay__ said:

Golf town up here had the Canada skull cover on like half off or 60% I forget for a daily deal, so I ordered one up. Got it last week and its pretty awesome. Magnet closure which is great, the quality is nice for sure, and the stitching is pretty deeeecent. The sticker on the bag was the best part of the whole thing...

SWAG.jpg

SWAG2.jpg

SWAG3.jpg

Those were on sale for like 60% off? I am kicking myself now. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

10 hours ago, kmay__ said:

SWAG.jpg

SWAG2.jpg

SWAG3.jpg

anymore available for 60% off???

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

1 hour ago, luke1333 said:

anymore available for 60% off???

I checked, no. May be another sale after Christmas.

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 12/18/2020 at 4:50 PM, MattM97 said:

Those were on sale for like 60% off? I am kicking myself now. 

Sorry boys, was just a one day thing I think, that putter headcover guy on IG shared the link to the sale on his story and I grabbed it. 

Edited by kmay__

1 hour ago, kmay__ said:

Sorry boys, was just a one day thing I think, that putter headcover guy on IG shared the link to the sale on his story and I grabbed it. 

Usually I get a ton of GT email's but ignore half of them cause it's always the same crappy balls and old M4 heads they're trying to sell off. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, drza3 said:

Anyone have a good look down the shaft of a savage too? Trying to get a sense of how much offset is there and the amount of double bend. Thanks 

Look down the Savage Too as well as a Handsome Too which is similar to a NP2 head. This particular one is much more appealing to me than the NP2 though with a tri-sole and softer corners. Yeah have had everything from Scotty’s to Olson to Machine and everything in between. Swag feels as nice as any of the rest. I don’t like mallets generally so this smaller mid-mallet suits me well. Is a tour Proto and on the secondary market these can often be had far cheaper than most other brands who also have a tour or Proto equivalent. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

TM Stealth 2 Plus 10.5°/Ventus Blue TR 5S
Callaway Paradym 15°/Tensei White
PXG 0317X 19°/Tensei White Raw
Taylormade 23 P770 4&5, P7MC 6-PW/MMT stiff
Vokey SM9 50, 54° & 58°
LAB Golf Link1
ProV1X

Their new pre-pay for future head covers is insane. Why bother with putters at all? I have owned a Suave One since they came out and it's as good as any Bettinardi, Scotty Cameron, or whatever as far a quality and precision milling. Strange they have not expanded on their putter offerings. But the head cover collecting seems very childish and a waste of money. 

• Like 1

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

17 minutes ago, maverick said:

Their new pre-pay for future head covers is insane. Why bother with putters at all? I have owned a Suave One since they came out and it's as good as any Bettinardi, Scotty Cameron, or whatever as far a quality and precision milling. Strange they have not expanded on their putter offerings. But the head cover collecting seems very childish and a waste of money. 

I’m personally not a fan of their headcovers and I have no experience with the putters. When the headcover business is doing so well, and markup is far greater than that of putters no need to expand the putters from a business standpoint. No R&D needed to make a new headcover. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

• 2 weeks later...

I can attest about the quality of the SWAG headcovers.

I lucked out and got two last year, a limited 1 of 25 gradient skull and a King of something,,, I took the King out of the bag since I dont plan on flipping.

I placed it on my shelf next to my Scotty Cameron Blue Prototype head cover and can honestly say the SWAG made the Cameron look and feel like a cheap $10 putter cover!

Anyone have any recent experience gaming a SWAG putter, ideally a Suave Too?

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one but wanted to see if I could find any more reviews and info before I did it. I've had a number of higher end putters that I've used, sold, and traded over time and I'm really trying to get off the carousel this time (I mean it!).

Very tempted by the Suave Too because it is the first (non-custom) putter I've found that checks all the boxes I've liked in one putter: No. 2 Angular Shape, Flow Neck, Sight Dot, Mid-ish Weight (under 360g), moderate (30-45 deg) toe hang (at least on the lower side for a blade like this)...

Sure, the name is a little flashy for me, but I do like the blue color and as a born & raised Chicagoan (although now living in CA), I like the idea of supporting a hometown company.

Sadly haven't seen any in the BST and no way to demo them of course so I figured I'd turn here for reviews (or just encouragement)!