Mid Single Digit Iron Recommendation

Hey all, looking to get some recommendations before I go to my fitting.

I've been playing golf for just over a year and a half. Current set of irons is T200s 4-GW, and just got down to a 6 handicap (yes I got the bug and have worked my a** off). 

I have some average-ish speed, 7iron SS around 88, my 170ish club. According to Arccos my approach play is the second best part of my game (next to short game).

My main problems w/ the T200s are they just don't spin enough, especially in the longer irons, & I'd like to have some more feedback and workability as I hopefully continue to improve.

There are a ton of irons in this category but basically I want to get something that I won't think about replacing for a good while.

Let me know!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m the same. 3 years in, plus cap. Best round 66. If you have the time, athleticism, and commitment you can succeed quickly. 

Having gone through this with lower spin irons as well, I’d just get fit and buy something weak and forged. 921 tour, t100, P7MC, 620CB etc. You could combo blades in the 7-PW. Irons going to far or left is not good for me. I play Miura Mb001 8-Pw and CB57 4-7 

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Callaway Tour Issue Apex 2019 19* Veylix Rome 988 90x

Miura MB001/CB57 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist JDM Forged 51F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM8 60S Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer