2020 US Women's Open

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching the rebroadcast. Apparently a number of posters just like to kvetch about the USGA. I'm not a huge fan, but c'mon, the mudballs today don't seem to be significantly affecting play. It's cold.

Let's take a moment and appreciate that a Women's event has garnered 6 pages of content before the start of the event. Back in the old days of GolfWRX, there were about 6 of us who posted about anythi

My golf career is down the path of suffering, great shame and guilt.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Lydia made it very clear early on that she was going to use a variety of caddies in her rookie season until she settled on one. After she dropped her regular caddie, the media made it sound like she was firing them left and right. 

Yeah, I never get into the caddie critic, you gotta find what works for you, plus with Brittany getting married, she's probably gonna wanna have a baby in the next few years.  So I'll be getting my own caddie carousel soon enough. lol

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Lydia made it very clear early on that she was going to use a variety of caddies in her rookie season until she settled on one. She used 7 in her first year. After she dropped her long term caddie Jason Hamilton, the media made it sound like she was firing them left and right. 

Yeah, that's very true.  I was guilty of thinking more recently with her coach and caddie changes.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Yeah, that's very true.  I was guilty of thinking more recently with her coach and caddie changes.

Lydia and Johnny Scott had a decent run, but they split at the end of last season. No idea if he was fired, or it was a mutual decision. Given that her world ranking had fallen, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped ship. I believe he's with Carlota this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

4 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

I actually don't see TSN broadcasting anything from 12-3pm... Sadly, it's just 10-12 at TSN then golf channel fm 3-6pm. 

TSN5 shows it listed from 1PM to 6PM on my TV Guide for my dish, the same as it was on Monday night when I checked.  This seems normal to me as the change occurred in the middle of today's round and Shaw is my satellite provider, so I doubt they updated the guide for the dish to reflect the change.  I doubt there's any issue cause F1 is live programing but ends at 9:30 AM then it's just sportscenter and a Raptors "Bubble" documentary that they will show 20 times over the next month lol.  I think it will be shown in it's entirety, cause it even when it was scheduled to go off between 12-3 it was gonna be streamed on GC website and if TSN picks it at 3, they'll have about an hour of a broadcast.

But at the end of the day what do I know lol and maybe we'll only get 2 hours of coverage.  I hope they're smarter than that, but the LPGA doesn't care about us in Canada being able to see LPGA events live based on the fact we can't stream the GC website.

3 hours ago, fanofseri said:

If Cristie wins this tournament, there better be film of the cart crash on the 11 o'clock news.  

Apparently, she is playing with 3 cracked ribs ... when asked if this would be a common injury for hockey players to play through,  Brooke apparently said something to the effect that it would be beyond most hockey players. 😄

Loving this tournament and loving the coverage. Not sure why there are so many complaints. I also like Paige McKenzie, but not as much our favourite granma.

It looked a really strong field going in, and almost no contenders have been eliminated to date (A. Stanford, obviously). I'm a bit disappointed with In Gee. I thought she might be a sneaky chance (plays well in tough conditions)

I love the so many of the touted superstars of tomorrow are baring their teeth. It looks to me like the LPGA will just get better and better, but I hope there will be prize money worthy of this level of talent.

I thought I saw a certain player hit a moving ball today. I checked the scores - no penalty. Did anyone else notice that? What the...I hope I am not turning into one of those guys. You know the ones I mean.

• Like 2

Enjoyed Peacock and GC Broadcasts. I think they benefitted from most of the players being in action at the same time. This makes me think that an LPGA/PGA event, with marquee players, would be a good watch. 

At lot of amateurs received coverage. I don't recall seeing Brooke Henderson or SYK. World no. 1 coverage was throttled despite playing alongside DK.

Paige has greatly improved this year. If I recall correctly she did a great job at KPMG.

As a Filipino I have high hopes for Bianca & Yuka to do well..

Yuka is the runaway leading money winner in the JLPGA tour this year with almost $900,000 in winnings and the individual & team gold medalist in the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta.

She also tied for !st in the Asia-Pacific Women's Amateur but lost in a playoff and was also a former World Junior Girls Champion and is only 19...

Bianca was with Yuka in the gold medal team in the 2018 Asian Games and is  the individual and team gold medalist in the 2019 South East Asian Games(SeaGames)..

She is 23..

endless to say they are both my dark horses to win this week!!

• Like 1

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

3 Things to Know: Friday’s Round 2

One way of looking at it

"If the weather pans out as predicted – wind is forecast at 15-20 mph – those playing the slightly easier Jackrabbit Course could have an advantage. It had a stroke average 1.13 strokes lower than Cypress Creek on Thursday. While the wind could benefit power players, it will mostly suit those who control their ball best and maintain their best rhythm. Also, that wind will make putting the ball in the right place on the massive Cypress Creek greens a lot more challenging."

• Like 1

I normally like Paige, probably more so than many here. But, my goodness, she needs to shut up on occasion. Watch a little bit of the Euro tournament earlier, at one point while a ball was in the air I thought I’d lost volume on my TV because absolutely nothing was being said. They just let the shot show itself. Our announcers should watch.....and learn. 

I love Saso’s swing. Powerful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AWinfortheAges said:

Enjoyed Peacock and GC Broadcasts. I think they benefitted from most of the players being in action at the same time. This makes me think that an LPGA/PGA event, with marquee players, would be a good watch. 

At lot of amateurs received coverage. I don't recall seeing Brooke Henderson or SYK. World no. 1 coverage was throttled despite playing alongside DK.

Paige has greatly improved this year. If I recall correctly she did a great job at KPMG.

One of Mackenzie's gems: "Yeah, the course favors a straight ball hitter.  Along with hitting it both ways."  

Henderson was on JR i believe, so a lot fewer cameras.  It does seem like they are trying to force feed Danielle Kang into star status. I mean I know she has won, but it is almost similar to the Rickie Fowler discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Supermilo said:

I actually don't see TSN broadcasting anything from 12-3pm... Sadly, it's just 10-12 at TSN then golf channel fm 3-6pm. 

Well, looking at my guide this morning, you are correct they changed it to the times you've said.  If there's a 3 hour gap during the heart of the coverage and comes back so I only get the final groups coming home, I think that will be it for me and the LPGA.  I've have had enough of tape delays and not being able to watch half the events live, at least with the PGA I don't have that problem. lol

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Apparently, she is playing with 3 cracked ribs ... when asked if this would be a common injury for hockey players to play through,  Brooke apparently said something to the effect that it would be beyond most hockey players. 😄

I believe the ribs are dislocated, not cracked. I can't imagine anyone playing with cracked ribs. A sneeze would be enough to send one to the emergency room. Lol.

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

14 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Well, looking at my guide this morning, you are correct they changed it to the times you've said.  If there's a 3 hour gap during the heart of the coverage and comes back so I only get the final groups coming home, I think that will be it for me and the LPGA.  I've have had enough of tape delays and not being able to watch half the events live, at least with the PGA I don't have that problem. lol

Agree and they wonder why they don't have a following. Freaking USGA can't even support them

• Like 2