2020 US Women's Open

1 minute ago, 18majors said:

Ouch, you lose 5-1/2 hours of programs over 3 rounds without Peacock!

I know Brooke will be on at least one of the featured groups; maybe she'll be on two to alleviate your problem.

No we get the Peacock coverage, it starts at 10:30 AM till 6 PM all on one channel.  TSN did the same for the Men's we got the Peacock coverage on their Network channel

• Like 2
  • Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching the rebroadcast. Apparently a number of posters just like to kvetch about the USGA. I'm not a huge fan, but c'mon, the mudballs today don't seem to be significantly affecting play. It's cold.

Let's take a moment and appreciate that a Women's event has garnered 6 pages of content before the start of the event. Back in the old days of GolfWRX, there were about 6 of us who posted about anythi

My golf career is down the path of suffering, great shame and guilt.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, 18majors said:

8 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Great, that's better than we have here in the States.

Probably not better, most likely a lead in show or something.  But maybe that will be the start time for the streamed featured groups.  Cause for the Masters TSN had the featured groups and Amen corner  holes every day till the Network coverage started.

Also 10:30 AM for me is 9:30 AM for Texas, so the times kinda line up

Edited by Stooch
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Stooch said:

They seem fair, Lydia is probably the best value at 33-1, I would have thought she be the same odds as Lexi and Minjee or even closer to Nasa at 22-1.  I would avoid Inbee at 11-1, yes Inbee is Inbee and always gonna be a factor.  Depending on how long the course plays, that can be factor for Inbee.  Not saying Inbee won't be there but at 11-1 I see no value having to beat some of the skilled bombers and longer hitters.

Assuming the rough is a little deeper, the bombers better keep the ball on the short stuff or Inbee might just dust them all.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Assuming the rough is a little deeper, the bombers better keep the ball on the short stuff or Inbee might just dust them all.

Yeah tough say what the rough will be like, it looked pretty dormant last week, it is winter in Texas even though there won't be any snow.  I'm thinking there will be some really bad spot and some thinner spots, it will probably depend where you hit it.

Michelle Wie hasn't played since the Women's PGA in June 2019. Her results in the 12 months prior:

Cut

WD

T23

WD

Cut

Cut

Cut

She shot 84-82 at the Women's PGA. I wouldn't be surprised to see her lay another egg this week.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B80X, 18* Diamana D+LTD 80X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

59 minutes ago, Yellow Jacket said:

Michelle Wie hasn't played since the Women's PGA in June 2019. Her results in the 12 months prior:

Cut

WD

T23

WD

Cut

Cut

Cut

She shot 84-82 at the Women's PGA. I wouldn't be surprised to see her lay another egg this week.

Well, I’d be surprised, because I’m pretty sure she’s not playing this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, Stooch said:

When use value as an expression and don't necessarily mean I think the player will win per se, it's just that I feel  their odds don't match current form and overall player ability.  @Raving Shanker pick of So Yeon actually is very good value also, she's been playing great in Korea and played great in Texas, without much volatility when the course was eating up almost everyone else.  So Yeon played her last 40 holes without a bogey and 8 under par.  Another good value might be Ally Ewing (Mc Donald) at 33-1.   But we all know picking winner on a weekly basis is tough exercise, just look at our track records when we pick the winners on here each week lol

That is always what "value" means when talking of a betting odds. I am not discussing the likely winner. I think Sei Young Kim is the most likely winner.

An example of good value would be John Daly going in to the 1995 Open Championship at $150. The fact that he actually won made him even better value (for me!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Raving Shanker said:

That is always what "value" means when talking of a betting odds. I am not discussing the likely winner. I think Sei Young Kim is the most likely winner.

An example of good value would be John Daly going in to the 1995 Open Championship at $150. The fact that he actually won made him even better value (for me!).

yeah, I just mentioned cause most here probably like seeing the betting odds but most likely don't bet on sports.

• Like 2

My pick:

Danielle

Dark horses:

Jennifer Kupcho 

Celine Boutier 

• Like 1

G400 LST 10*, Tensei CK White 60S

TS2 15*, Tensei AV Blue 65R

0317X Gen2 19*, MMT 80S

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW, SteelFiber 95S

RTX4 Raw 52* & 58*, Mid, TI S400; HiToe 64*, HiRev 2.0
Red X2 35”/330g

Tour B XS (normal cond.) / LD V1x (windy cond.)

- Testing: 0811X+ Proto; Orig One 11.5*; SuperHybrid 17*; 0311XF #3; 2021 TP5x.

- Backups: TS3 9.5*; EFSZ 9* & 15*; 0317 Gen1 17*; 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Lucky 777CS; WHP 7CS & CSM 400g; Sigma G Kinloch C.

fortunate to have played the cypress course the saturday after t-giving this year ... was out in houston visiting friends ... it had rained all night, and was raining on/off saturday morning ... we weren't sure the course would be open, but the member we played with understood our desire, and the course was indeed open, so we headed out ... 3 1/2 round for a foursome ... one of the koreans was on the first tee with her team ... bundled up a bit, so i didn't get a good look at her face, but she told us to go ahead since they would be practicing ... course was in fantastic shape ... firm greens, tight fairways ... pretty neat deal to play a course just a couple of weeks prior to a usga event ... will be watching this for sure ... 

• Like 2

Tee time has been posted

Tee time

Potential selection for featured groups are:

Danielle Kang/Anna Nordqvist/Jin Young Ko

Lydia Ko/Sei Young Kim/Brittany Altomare

Lexi Thompson/Nelly Korda/Heejeong Lim

Inbee Park/Ariya Jutuanugarn/Se Yeon Ryu  (Past USWO champs)

US Open always has some of the most fun pairings, such as:

Bianca Pagdanganan/Anne van Dam/Maria Fassi

Three of the absolutely longest drivers of the ball.

Yealimi Noh/Jenny Shin/Le Ye

Past US Girls' Junior Champs

Jeong Eun Lee6/Gabriel Ruffels/Hinako Shibuno

2019 champs of USWO, US Women's Amateur and AIG Women's Open

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Let's take a moment and appreciate that a Women's event has garnered 6 pages of content before the start of the event. Back in the old days of GolfWRX, there were about 6 of us who posted about anything LPGA/Women's golf related. So nice to see the LPGA/USWO getting so much attention!

Agreed! I don't post much but I do remember how little discussion there used to be. This is great!

• Like 1

How on Earth does one even begin to pick a winner here? So many quality players. You have a handful of "sure bets" based on their play during the season, but a few players have really stepped it up the last few tournaments. 

I'm going to go with a fairly safe pick, Sei Young. Now that she has the major monkey off her back, there's no telling what she's capable of achieving. 

Jin Young and Danielle should also be in the mix. 

My "darkhorse" pick is Anna. I know. It's tough to call a two time major winner a darkhorse, but she's been quietly contending recently. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Queen Bee in the mix. 

The biggest Q for the week is Minjee. Sei Young snagged her first major this season. 'Would love to see Minjee do it as well. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

43 minutes ago, iotone said:

I'd really like to see one of the Korda sisters win this week, or DK.

I'm wondering if last week was a tune up for Inbee and she gets the win this week.

I guess we'll see how bad Nelly's injury is. Hopefully a few weeks rest will have been helpful. 

Don't know about Jessica. She's certainly capable, but she seems to shoot herself in the foot a little too often. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

13 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I guess we'll see how bad Nelly's injury is. Hopefully a few weeks rest will have been helpful. 

Don't know about Jessica. She's certainly capable, but she seems to shoot herself in the foot a little too often. 

I've followed Jessica since 2010, the days when she and Lexi ruled the junior circuit.

Ten years has passed, it's clear Jessica won't etch her name onto the top of LPGA totem pole even with all her talent.  It all comes down to what between her ears.

As you know I've now followed Nelly and Yealimi since 2017 and 2018, and there're just no question these two have their heads screwed on right.  

Nelly has won three tournaments, Yealimi is just getting started.  But there is no doubt, if they stay healthy, they'll bring the golden age of professional women's golf back to the good old USA.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2