G410 or wait for the G425?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All   First post so be kind :-)   I live in Australia and obs we are lucky to have these released ahead of the rest of the world, except Asia and maybe SA.     I purch

Thanks for the permission. 

Spam spam spam wtf 

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Socrates said:

That's what happens when you take something out of context.

"What?  Get the G425 with a good shaft and pick up 10 yards and justify a new driver.  Picking up 10 yards with an old driver is like kissing your sister."

I read your post to chipnrun and still cannot understand the analogy about kissing a sister. Maybe it’s just me, I don’t have a sister, all brothers...

I might have said something like, gaining yards on an old driver with a new shaft is like kissing the frog prince ... the kiss being the shaft turning the driver (the 🐸) into something incredible.  

Back on topic tho...wouldn’t it be cheaper to spend $$ for shaft on the old driver and tune it vs spending extra $$ on top of the price on a new driver?  I’m sure majority of us in the community won’t  see a discernible difference in yardage between the above approaches.  Again, it could just be my empty pockets talking...

• Haha 1
[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]
2 hours ago, Sniperman said:

I read your post to chipnrun and still cannot understand the analogy about kissing a sister. Maybe it’s just me, I don’t have a sister, all brothers...

I might have said something like, gaining yards on an old driver with a new shaft is like kissing the frog prince ... the kiss being the shaft turning the driver (the 🐸) into something incredible.  

Back on topic tho...wouldn’t it be cheaper to spend $$ for shaft on the old driver and tune it vs spending extra $$ on top of the price on a new driver?  I’m sure majority of us in the community won’t  see a discernible difference in yardage between the above approaches.  Again, it could just be my empty pockets talking...

What he's saying, poorly saying at that, is basically 10 more yards with the latest and greatest is a great feeling, but getting that extra 10 yards looking at an old outdated driver is like kissing your sister. You're getting some action, but it ain't what you want...unless u on that 'bama vibe LOL...J/K lol

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Sniperman said:

It might be cheaper, but if you are on WRX, you aren't going to be satisfied with 4 year old driver that you just put a couple of hundred dollars (or more) into and you still don't have the G425 that you wanted in the first place.

• Haha 1

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

1 hour ago, gambit said:

What he's saying, poorly saying at that, is basically 10 more yards with the latest and greatest is a great feeling, but getting that extra 10 yards looking at an old outdated driver is like kissing your sister. You're getting some action, but it ain't what you want...unless u on that 'bama vibe LOL...J/K lol

Bruh!  If I want action you know I fly out to Vegas and go straight to...

I’m more a city college kinda guy 😅

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

Watched and listened to a few of the videos of the G425.  Nothing I heard when they hit the Max changes my mind about getting one.   Now, if Patrick Reed begins to use one, I would be out.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

On 1/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, Socrates said:

Watched and listened to a few of the videos of the G425.  Nothing I heard when they hit the Max changes my mind about getting one.   Now, if Patrick Reed begins to use one, I would be out.

If Patrick Reed plays one I’m in!

Titleist TSI2 10.75* Smoke RDX 6.0
Titleist TSI2 5W 18*Tensei AV Blue S

Ping G410 22* Alta S
Mizuno 921 Forged 5-GW Modus 105 S
Titleist SM7 54 & 58*
TM Spider X DB 34”
ProV1

4 hours ago, Saltire said:

I'm considering the G410 as I expect the price to drop once the G425 is released. Currently gaming the Titleist 913 so would expect an improvement from either driver.

The G410's already had a nice price drop back in late November I believe and I was told they should still be "orderable" for several more months.

I ordered a Driver/3 hybrid in Mid December and they've both shown up in the last week too!