Shot tracking- Arccos vs shot scope v3

Nick_E

I'm looking to add shot tracking soon.  I was going to go with Arccos, but with the 99 yearly annual subscription and with the recent release of shot scope v3 I'm considering the V3 instead.  

I like that the V3 has a watch and the trackers are just rfid.  I like that Arccos has strokes gained included.

Interested in the groups feedback.   Thanks

Edited by Nick_E

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is another thread about this, but here's my take, having used both Arrcos and V3, and now a Garmin S60 that does shot tracking.

Between Arrcos and VS, IMO, there is NO comparison; Arrcos is superior in every way, and by a lot.  I used the V3 for about 25 rounds before the sensor that pairs with the app fell off the watch and couldn't be found, but I had not had a single round up to that point where multiple shots weren't missed by the V3.  Arrcos rarely misses a shot, and the putting editing is far easier and more accurate as well.  At that point, I'd had enough of the V3 and took it back to Golf Galaxy for a refund.

My Arrcos sensors are older, so I never paid a subscription fee, and the last time I used them back in the spring, all were still working fine.  My ONLY objection to Arrcos is the size of the sensors on the butt of the club, but it never factored into my swing, at least that I know of.  And the strokes gained basis of Arrcos is a big deal.

However, I'll add one other note.  When I took the V3 back, I bought a Garmin S60 watch, which does shot tracking without sensors.  When you first go thru the setup, you enter your average driving distance, and from that point on (if you want to use it), after you hit a shot, the watch "predicts" what club you used based on the distance from the hole and your driver distance.  It's a touchscreen, so you just touch "Driver" after your tee shot; if it "predicts" 7 iron after you hit your second shot, but you hit an 8 iron instead, the other choices are there on the screen and you just select the right one.  If you forget, that shot is listed as "Unknown", and you can insert the correct club when you edit the round on your phone or computer later.  In the four rounds that I've played with the S60 so far, it hasn't missed a shot yet.

The S60 does NOT do the kind of analysis that Arrcos does, and the putting adjustments, at least to me, aren't really worth doing.  But for an easy way to track shots without sensors and a ton of editing afterwards, combined with a GPS watch, it's excellent. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using the Across for about two weeks now - one full round and mini rounds of 5 holes over lunch.  So far they do a great job.  I do notice that it doesn't always pick up shots around the green.  I know the fix to that would be to hit the green.  anyone have any insight or is it not picking up because it's wet?

I have had my V3 since it became available md-July and have over 90 rounds that I have played using it. I have had none of the issues others have complained about, added shots, shots missing, etc. The only shots EVER missed were when I forgot to mark my putt on the watch (I use the manual putting mode) or I have chunked a shot. I have my theory about that. Since one can take multiple practice swings, apparently, the watch can't tell the difference between a practice swing and the shot itself, so it must have something to do with how far the from the previous shot the next shot takes place. If I only advance the ball a yard or two in the bunker, how does the watch know that my first attempt wasn't just a practice swing? As for "extra" shots, I cannot remember a shot ever being added though it may have occurred.

The biggest issue I have read about comparing stats analysis between Arccos and ShotScope is ShotScope's lack of shots gained but they have indicated several time that they are working on that. Never having used Arccos but having considered it, I decided to go with the V3 for three reasons, subscription cost, size of the sensors on the club and the use of batteries as opposed to using NFC technology in very light and unnoticeable club tags.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 6:39 PM, bluedot said:

Between Arrcos and VS, IMO, there is NO comparison; Arrcos is superior in every way, and by a lot.  I used the V3 for about 25 rounds before the sensor that pairs with the app fell off the watch and couldn't be found, but I had not had a single round up to that point where multiple shots weren't missed by the V3.  Arrcos rarely misses a shot, and the putting editing is far easier and more accurate as well.  At that point, I'd had enough of the V3 and took it back to Golf Galaxy for a refund.

My experience was opposite - Shotscope (v2 or v3) was always better for shot data percentage than Arccos UNTIL I got the link . That was an Arccos game changer for me. The shotscope v3 watch is such an improvement over the v2 version.  The Arccos tags run from not easily replaceable cr2032 batteries that will die.  Arccos has been good for me for replacement but not sure how long that may last with the older free version versus the new subscription model.

at this point in time I prefer Shotscope v3 in terms of shot data collection.  But I prefer Arccos data - lspecifically strokes gained.  Shotscope emailed me this week saying stories gained is expected to appear in spring of 2021 so that may put me back fully in the shotscope camp. For Shotscope I also like that you can easily have multiple clubs (ie drivers for comparison and  testing and even full club sets within your user account “bag”. It’s not as easy or intuitive to do this in Arccos.

in any event either solution is far better than NO data tracking if you are looking to understand your shot data for improvement.

• Like 2