Callaway Apex and Apex Pro 21

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was fitted today at a local, full service golf shop in my area.    I'm 72 and my frozen handicap for the winter is 7.1. My Driver swing speed is 98-101MPH. I will be coming from some blade

😲😲😲   These things look soooooo good in hand.    

Posted Images

seeing now that we have 2021 Apex MB & X Forged 2021 in a brushed satin finish it would be great if Apex Pro was offered in this finish also as to allow combo-ing in true WRX fashion.

• Like 1

Epic Speed  G400 2H  G410 4H  X-Forged UT  Apex Pro '19  PM Grind 2.0  Newport 3

On 11/28/2020 at 2:21 AM, DMartini said:

seeing now that we have 2021 Apex MB & X Forged 2021 in a brushed satin finish it would be great if Apex Pro was offered in this finish also as to allow combo-ing in true WRX fashion.

I actually liked the chrome better, but as long as they look good I'll be happy! I hope they don't end up having a bunch of offset like the X Forged CB's did!

I’m so looking forward to info on the pros. Currently gaming the std Apex19. Hearing the line is stunning. Really want to go Pros this time around or the combo if available. I need some photos.

In my OGIO RTC Bag
Mavrik (for now)
EPIC FLASH SZ 3 wood
EPIC FLASH % wood
APEX 19 5-AW

MD4 52 custom by AT
MD5 56, 60
Toulon Garage Memphis or Palm Beach
2020 Chrome Soft TT

brite chrome almost does not even exist anymore. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Have to believe these are the Apex pros that were spotted in Schaufelle's bag the last few months.

image.png.559c4855d00778f6f1bac0801f4ed22d.png

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX

Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron MMT Hybrid 100 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw C-Grind 57/11 & Ported 61/07 Black C-Taper S+

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

8 hours ago, bgarrett41 said:

Those are not what the Apex Pros look like. Those must be a proto for XS.

I can't make out the pro, but it clearly says Apex on the badge. 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX

Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron MMT Hybrid 100 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw C-Grind 57/11 & Ported 61/07 Black C-Taper S+

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

13 hours ago, bgarrett41 said:

I was able to see the Callaway 21 lineup today. 

The metal woods look spectacular. 3 heads in the driver, 2 in the fairway metals. Very excited about these. 

Apex and Apex Pro and Apex DCB are all new. Apex Pro looks great. 

Putter line up is solid. Really like both the OG and the Black 10 series.  

I am really interested in the difference between XForged and Apex Pro. Both will fit the same player. I am switching staff in 2021 to Callaway so I am excited about their products. 

Apex DCB? Thats new...Dual Cavity Back? - IE - less 'forgiving' CB then the Apex Pro which is a players forged GI?

Not gonna lie, Callaway has lots of overlap in the middle of their iron range between the 'Pro' version of the yearly 'rack clubs' (Mavrik/Epic/etc), the new XForged, and now the Apex line. Kinda confusing. 

The one thing I like about TM is their new iron strategy and how the entire line is concise (besides the 'rack club' line like the SIM/M-series) and you can make a combo set from ANY of the clubs in the 7-series lineup.

• Like 1

Epic Max LS + Pro 2.0 Tour Spec / TS2 3W + Diamana Thump75 / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

27 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Apex DCB? Thats new...Dual Cavity Back? - IE - less 'forgiving' CB then the Apex Pro which is a players forged GI?

Not gonna lie, Callaway has lots of overlap in the middle of their iron range between the 'Pro' version of the yearly 'rack clubs' (Mavrik/Epic/etc), the new XForged, and now the Apex line. Kinda confusing. 

The one thing I like about TM is their new iron strategy and how the entire line is concise (besides the 'rack club' line like the SIM/M-series) and you can make a combo set from ANY of the clubs in the 7-series lineup.

Not at all what they are.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
Epic Max LS - Helium Proto 5F4
Epic Max 3+ - Lin-Q Concept 6F4
Epic Speed 5W - Elements Gold 6F4
Apex 21 Hybrid - Recoil Dart 75F4
Apex Pro 21 5-PW - Recoil 95F4
MD5 JAWS Raw 50, 54, 60 - Custom Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Odyssey Ten Two Ball Triple Track
Chrome Soft X Triple Track

3 minutes ago, JDSPGA said:

Not at all what they are.

So what are they?

At any rate, my rant still stands lol

• Haha 1

Epic Max LS + Pro 2.0 Tour Spec / TS2 3W + Diamana Thump75 / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

I've been gaming the 2019 Apex Pro's since they were released, but recently tried the 2021 X Forged CB's and loved them.  They didn't feel a ton softer than my current clubs, but I gained a couple MPH ball speed and still felt great.

I really don't want to pull the trigger on the X Forged CB's until I can at least catch a glimpse of the 2021 Apex Pro's, since everyone keep raving about how smooth they look.  This is really a true test of my golf equipment patience (or lack thereof)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OP asked what we hope to see in the Apex '21 lineup.

Apex '16 series - I loved the look of the Apex '16 irons, but found them to be a little inconsistent in yardages so didn't end up playing them for long.

Apex '19 series - appearance was even better, a little less offset was nice too but the blade length in the longer irons appeared to be shorter than the '16 irons and therefore looked harder to hit well for my less-than-scratch swing. Also did not like the 43 degree pitching wedge loft at all.

Apex '21 - really hope we see a pitching wedge moved back to 45 degrees, and a little more progressive blade length in the longer irons. That's it. Really hope those 2 things happen so I can finally move to a set of Apex irons for the long haul.

9 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

DCB = Deep cavity back. And the pro will be a hollow body. 

• Like 1
On 11/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, bgarrett41 said:

I was able to see the Callaway 21 lineup today. 

The metal woods look spectacular. 3 heads in the driver, 2 in the fairway metals. Very excited about these. 

Apex and Apex Pro and Apex DCB are all new. Apex Pro looks great. 

Putter line up is solid. Really like both the OG and the Black 10 series.  

I am really interested in the difference between XForged and Apex Pro. Both will fit the same player. I am switching staff in 2021 to Callaway so I am excited about their products. 

Thanks for the info, any idea if the stock graphite shaft in the Apex Pro’s are going to be the Mitsubishi MMT’’s, similar to the X-Forged CB?  

Similar to you I have held off committing to the X-Forged until I see the new Pro’s in ‘21.

15 hours ago, maowv said:

OP asked what we hope to see in the Apex '21 lineup.

Apex '16 series - I loved the look of the Apex '16 irons, but found them to be a little inconsistent in yardages so didn't end up playing them for long.

Apex '19 series - appearance was even better, a little less offset was nice too but the blade length in the longer irons appeared to be shorter than the '16 irons and therefore looked harder to hit well for my less-than-scratch swing. Also did not like the 43 degree pitching wedge loft at all.

Apex '21 - really hope we see a pitching wedge moved back to 45 degrees, and a little more progressive blade length in the longer irons. That's it. Really hope those 2 things happen so I can finally move to a set of Apex irons for the long haul.

Agreed on loft. Just picked up the 19s so won't be upgrading anytime soon (thought I'd be safe until 2022..... DANG IT). I currently play 5-AW and actually bent PW and AW strong (42.5 and 46.5) to keep degree gaps consistent and align with 50 and 54 degree wedges. Now that I'm back to 52 and 56 I'll probably bend them back to standard and deal with the 5 degree gap from PW to AW. Maybe 43 and 47, and then bend the wedges to 51/55... decisions. In any case, I agree with your point and hope they will get weaker in future iterations. 

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Ping i210, 4-P (retro spec), DG 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52 SS (bent to 51), 56 SS (bent to 55)

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

Z Star XV

11 hours ago, JimmyD said:

Thanks for the info, any idea if the stock graphite shaft in the Apex Pro’s are going to be the Mitsubishi MMT’’s, similar to the X-Forged CB?  

Similar to you I have held off committing to the X-Forged until I see the new Pro’s in ‘21.

I don’t know the stock graphite shaft.  The rep had a sample it had the elevate shaft in it.  I couldn’t get exact release information. My instincts tell me this will be embargoed until right after the first of the year, the. released in February. 

• Like 1

TM M1 Aldila Rogue 60x
TM M2 3 wood Aldila Rogue 70x
TM SLDR 3 Hybrid Stock X
TM RSi2 3 Iron DGTI-s-400
TM RsI TP 4- PW DGTI S-400
TM EF 54, 58
TM Ghost Tour Monte Carlo