PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue Rdx

Whodey-85

Anyone have any specs or reviews of the new Blue Rdx?

Titleist TSr3 10*(-.75*) Ventus Blue TR 6

Callaway Paradym TD 18* (-2*) Ventus Red TR 7

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke TD 20* Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist T350 4 Iron KBS $-Taper Onyx

Titleist T200 (23') 5-PW KBS $-Taper

Vokey SM9 W.W. RAW 48F/54M/58V KBS $-Taper Onyx  

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K #7 CH

It is a very interesting shaft. Releases more like a bull whip, really stable. Plays stiff to flex

1 hour ago, Whodey-85 said:

Anyone have any specs or reviews of the new Blue Rdx?

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

1 hour ago, liveagua said:

It is a very interesting shaft. Releases more like a bull whip, really stable. Plays stiff to flex

What would you compare it too, if anything.

Titleist TSr3 10*(-.75*) Ventus Blue TR 6

Callaway Paradym TD 18* (-2*) Ventus Red TR 7

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke TD 20* Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist T350 4 Iron KBS $-Taper Onyx

Titleist T200 (23') 5-PW KBS $-Taper

Vokey SM9 W.W. RAW 48F/54M/58V KBS $-Taper Onyx  

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K #7 CH

2 minutes ago, Whodey-85 said:

What would you compare it too, if anything.

If Hzrdus Black and Hzrdus Smoke Yellow had a baby, it would be the Smoke Blue RDX

• Haha 2

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zubs724 said:

TXG just did a shaft review on this one. Very promising!

I saw that as well.  Very intriguing and I found the USA version on eBay... pretty tempting. 

• Like 1

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.truetemper.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-blue-rdx/

Has anyone hit the 6.5 or TX model of these yet to give a comparison.  Based on the true temper site they don't look much different.

I'm very intrigued by these.  I presently have Hand crafted Yellow in my Ping G410 and have 6.5 Hzrdus Yellow Non hand crafted in my Callaway head, both play well.  I wanted to try the Blue in my SIM.  I prefer the 6.5 profile in Yellow but it flies just a tad high.  Hand crafted in Yellow 6.0 plays about a half step strong and in the Ping it flies perfect.  Tried the 6.5 hand crafted but was a bit too stout.

Thinking that a 6.5 in the Blue would be perfect.  Only difference I can see between TX and 6.5 seems to be butt diameter and .01 degree of torque.  TX seems to be available on Ebay with the USA branding which looks awesome, but the 6.5 isn't.  Wondering if a TX would suffice.  I don't think these are hand crafted yet as they don't state that on the shaft.

My club fitter is looking for one and he thinks knowing my  numbers that a Blue 6.5 would fit perfect for me.

Thoughts on the Tx vs 6.5?  Anyone?

Callaway Paradym Std 10.5 set to 9.5 with VA Vylyn 65x
Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood, Ventus TR Red 7 S

Callaway Paradym TD 5 wood, Accra 2.0

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-GW MMT 105TX
Callaway Jaws Raw '21, 54, 58 xGrind Black Modus 120 S

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice 5.5 

I have a Blue RDX 60 RDX TX and a Blue RDX 70 6.5 for my driver and 3W on order, should be delivered soon.  I’m very excited.  Both are the Limited Edition USA version. 

Driving Rand Heroes review and TXG made me take the leap.  I tend to respond well HZRDUS profiles having gamed Black, Green, and Yellow over the past few years.  

• Like 2

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X

Ping Blueprint S, 4-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

23 hours ago, tekman said:

https://www.truetemper.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-blue-rdx/

Has anyone hit the 6.5 or TX model of these yet to give a comparison.  Based on the true temper site they don't look much different.

I'm very intrigued by these.  I presently have Hand crafted Yellow in my Ping G410 and have 6.5 Hzrdus Yellow Non hand crafted in my Callaway head, both play well.  I wanted to try the Blue in my SIM.  I prefer the 6.5 profile in Yellow but it flies just a tad high.  Hand crafted in Yellow 6.0 plays about a half step strong and in the Ping it flies perfect.  Tried the 6.5 hand crafted but was a bit too stout.

Thinking that a 6.5 in the Blue would be perfect.  Only difference I can see between TX and 6.5 seems to be butt diameter and .01 degree of torque.  TX seems to be available on Ebay with the USA branding which looks awesome, but the 6.5 isn't.  Wondering if a TX would suffice.  I don't think these are hand crafted yet as they don't state that on the shaft.

My club fitter is looking for one and he thinks knowing my  numbers that a Blue 6.5 would fit perfect for me.

Thoughts on the Tx vs 6.5?  Anyone?

PX doesn’t offer HC anymore.

It’s replaced by “Small Batch” offerings, but only in TX flex officially from PX (but you can actually find Smoke Yellow SB in 6.0 “Tour stiff” - not mentioned on their home page though) See SB as the equivalent to True Tempers Tour Issue, not a different shaft, just controlled by hand with exact measurements. No difference whatsoever in material or in production, I confirmed this directly with PX myself. 

Regarding Yellow HC and Smoke Yellow I experience the same thing as you. For me Yellow HC 6.0 holds up better than Smoke Yellow in 6.5. 

And regarding Smoke Blue RDX they are producing them as we speak and will be a standard offering in Cobra and probably Titleists custom catalogue. You will see a flood of these shafts soon. The PVD Blue is exactly the same shaft as the black colored one with blue text, only looks is different. PX has continuously verified that the shaft included in stand offerings for vendor is the real deal when it comes to HZRDUS Smoke (and later). For example, the Smoke Black RDX Victor Hovland used to win on PGA Tour is exactly the same shaft, material and production process as the Smoke Black RDX offered as standard in Titleist TSi-series. I also verified that personally with PX a few days ago. 

• Like 2

That's good to know. I was concerned that these might be too stout being of a HC model.  I've no issues hitting most X flex hzrdus shafts but HC X vs standard X is another matter.  

I'm thinking a TX would be fine untipped or a 6.5 if I can find one in the standard RDX Blue branding.  I could even go with a 6.0 and do some tipping to tighten it up a bit.  I don't care if it says S or X on the shaft as long as the bend profile and weight is right.  I have some S flex shafts that play very stout due to where they bend and some X flex that seem whippy.  VA Composite Vylyn is a shaft that tends to play soft vs say a Fujikura Tour spec models or a Atmos Tour specs.  I tend to go slightly softer in my fairway woods and stick with tipped S flex in them.

I could wait for the flood of them from the Cobra and Titleist standard offerings but then again, why wait?  🙂 

Callaway Paradym Std 10.5 set to 9.5 with VA Vylyn 65x
Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood, Ventus TR Red 7 S

Callaway Paradym TD 5 wood, Accra 2.0

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-GW MMT 105TX
Callaway Jaws Raw '21, 54, 58 xGrind Black Modus 120 S

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice 5.5 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Hougz79 said:

I have a Blue RDX 60 RDX TX and a Blue RDX 70 6.5 for my driver and 3W on order, should be delivered soon.  I’m very excited.  Both are the Limited Edition USA version. 

Driving Rand Heroes review and TXG made me take the leap.  I tend to respond well HZRDUS profiles having gamed Black, Green, and Yellow over the past few years.  

How are these working out?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Had a TX/70 gram and absolutely loved it. Felt smoother than the Ventus black I had. Little bit faster and dispersion was a bit better as well.  Launched a hair higher, but was on a monitor that was not trustworthy on spin numbers, so can’t speak to that, but was consistent distances and such as the Ventus.

*Going with a 60g instead, but that’s just me getting out of shape and the 70g being a little much to swing. 

Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* w/ GD VF 6TX

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54* & Vokey SM9 60* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB Mezz 1 65/35

Chrome Soft X LS

@KC4441 @Whodey-85 Hit the 60g TX today in a 425 LST.  Interestingly I didn't necessarily feel the "whip" people speak of but the swingweight was a touch low so that could be why it felt more linear to me (hit it at D1+ to 2 .. planning on playing at D3+ to 4).  Was coming from Rogue 130 Silver 70TX which to me has a nice kick feel but can tend to get a little loose on mishits.  RDX felt stiffer even at 60 vs 70g but not overly stiff like a T1100 or something.

The nice thing about RDX Blue is the higher I tried to hit, the more the launch increased (which I need) but the spin did not go up.  Granted my strike probably went a little higher in the face but still i'm always fighting either too much spin or not hitting the ball high enough if I try to control spin with less loft.

(Swing parameters:  CHS 116-119, BS 174-177, AOA 0-2 when trying to hit up more, Launch 11-12.5, Spin 2200-2500)

Question:  which shaft would pair well with this for a 3wd?  Again I have trouble hitting 3 wood high enough for 2nd shots on par 5s (i know some of it is swing related).  Really like Tensei White but it's not helping me elevate the ball by any means.

2 hours ago, mws92 said:

@KC4441 @Whodey-85 Hit the 60g TX today in a 425 LST.  Interestingly I didn't necessarily feel the "whip" people speak of but the swingweight was a touch low so that could be why it felt more linear to me (hit it at D1+ to 2 .. planning on playing at D3+ to 4).  Was coming from Rogue 130 Silver 70TX which to me has a nice kick feel but can tend to get a little loose on mishits.  RDX felt stiffer even at 60 vs 70g but not overly stiff like a T1100 or something.

The nice thing about RDX Blue is the higher I tried to hit, the more the launch increased (which I need) but the spin did not go up.  Granted my strike probably went a little higher in the face but still i'm always fighting either too much spin or not hitting the ball high enough if I try to control spin with less loft.

(Swing parameters:  CHS 116-119, BS 174-177, AOA 0-2 when trying to hit up more, Launch 11-12.5, Spin 2200-2500)

Question:  which shaft would pair well with this for a 3wd?  Again I have trouble hitting 3 wood high enough for 2nd shots on par 5s (i know some of it is swing related).  Really like Tensei White but it's not helping me elevate the ball by any means.

Have you tried the Evenflow profiles? It sounds like that might be a better PX fit for you. Other wise smoke yellow or maybe even a red profile?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mci711 said:

Is the blue colored blue rdx shaft limited? I have only seen the black colored with blue writing. 

The regular blue PVD is not, but the blue PVD USA edition is.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9 Diamana WS 70 TX
3w: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15/BRNR Mini Diamana D+Plus 80TX

5w: Paradym AI Smoke 18 Tensei Pro White 1k 90 TX
4i: Srixon ZX Mk II AD IZ 95x

5-PW: Miura TC-201 Oban CT 125x

50/54/59: Cleveland RTX Zipcore DG S400

Putter: Jailbird 380 WH/Taylormade Spider Tour Red/Odyssey #7CH Milled

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zonazoo said:

Sorry if this has already been asked... is the smoke blue rdx (black shaft with blue lettering) and the smoke blue rdx pvd the same shaft, just with a different finish? 

Yes same shaft.  Guys on the tour dont like the shiny shafts.  Similar to HZRDUS Red and Yellow originally came out in Red and yellow and then switched to just the letters being colored

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

@Zonazoo I have the blue PVD version and no problem with glare even in the Phoenix sun.  The color blue is really sharp as it has gray tones which really keep it from being too bright to my eye.

I'm currently playing this in a G425 LST @ 46" and D4+ and it's absolute monster.  With enough head weight it's more active in the mid-section than anything I've ever played before but really helps me not feel so stuck at impact if I get a little ahead of it.  Ball gets up quick and then goes out flat.  Tip section seems really stable so I'm not getting a spike in spin that I usually do.

Very happy with this driver shaft and may look to use it in a 3wood or a similar "blueboard" profile to help elevate the ball which is usually an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 11:09 PM, sociojeje said:

Anyone compared between rdx blue and im10(mid)? I got im10 and fell in love with it. Still, I can't get rdx blue out of my mind and wonder how those two shafts differs in feel. 

I’m also wondering this. Any more info?

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3 HL (16.5) with stock Ventus Blue 6S

Haywood Signature Driving Iron 18 with MMT 90S

Apex 4-5 with MMT 95S

Apex Pro 6-PW with MMT 95S

Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 degree wedges

Odyssey putter

• 4 weeks later...

I recently put one of these in my Callaway Epic Speed 10.5. My swingspeed is low 90's and I am using the 5.5 flex. My prior shaft was a PX Black 5.5 in the same length.

The comparison is subtle, but I feel like I'm getting a more powerful trajectory. With the PX Black I was using the -1 setting to keep the ballflight down. Now I'm back at stated loft and the trajectory is slightly higher but seems to spin less and run out more. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS