Jump to content

97 Cameron TeI3 restoration - original or new color??


Recommended Posts

I have an original 97 Newport long neck tei3.  I'd like to get it restored and will likely sell it.  To get maximum value should I restore it back to original or add in new colors and sight lines?

 

Its in pretty good shape, just a few small dings and refinish.  Also could I use NorCal instead of Scott to save money on refinish?

 

20201129_093335.jpg.f2f0d107abc0785967fafc1bdb2e6067.jpg20201129_093316.jpg.487c61d1bd6e49189abc208f52b29513.jpg20201129_093254.jpg.3d660371bbf76d5e83393be4bd5d903e.jpg

Edited by Nick_E
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had Jeremy Richards at the Putter Spa do mine and the transformation was incredible!!! Bought it off Offer up and sent it in and less than a week I had it back from them! Great communication and

This X2.   Use BOS Golf, they're the ones who did the original finish for Cameron.  This is going to get it back as close to original as possible.  I wouldn't add any sitelines or anything l

Sorry I should have been more specific NorCal charges around 200.  I've heard one of the top places for putter restoration.   https://www.norcalputters.com/

Posted Images

$290 US for a resto from SC...  Ewwww.  Just how much are you actually trying to recoup out of this?

Edited by gwelfgulfer

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see that in a Pro Platinum Finish as there's not a lot of Tel3 putters out there in that finish.  That would add a few hundred dollars more than if you would restore it in its original factory condition.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

 

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Normal restoration would be around 200.

 

Scotty Cameron Custom Shop charges $290 plus shipping both ways, plus tax (for some or all States).

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Sorry I should have been more specific NorCal charges around 200.  I've heard one of the top places for putter restoration.

 

https://www.norcalputters.com/

 

Got it!

Regarding your OP, definitely do not add site line, flange line, site dot etc...I can't imagine doing so would add resale value to the putter.

As for colors, if your plan is to refinish and sell the putter stick with the original colors of that model.  If you plan to use the putter yourself then choose whichever colors you like.

  • Like 1

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cgasucks said:

I would love to see that in a Pro Platinum Finish as there's not a lot of Tel3 putters out there in that finish.  That would add a few hundred dollars more than if you would restore it in its original factory condition.

 

You might be correct about a Pro Platinum finish adding value. Scotty Cameron Custom Shop no longer offers Pro Platinum for carbon head putters, but Nor Cal's " nickel plating" finish ($235) could possibly make the putter worth more than a black oxide finish ($135).

  • Like 1

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Normal restoration would be around 200.  I'm seeing prices around 800.

 

If going by ebay as a guide, what things are being asked vs. selling for.  If $800 was a reasonable price, there wouldn't be any up for sale for less.  I bought mine for $175 cdn

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

 

If going by ebay as a guide, what things are being asked vs. selling for.  If $800 was a reasonable price, there wouldn't be any up for sale for less.  I bought mine for $175 cdn

I understand ebay can be way off, but 175 for a 97 original seems crazy low.  I cant imagine anyone selling it for that unless it was beat to hell.  Refinished I believe would sell for 600 easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

I understand ebay can be way off, but 175 for a 97 original seems crazy low.  I cant imagine anyone selling it for that unless it was beat to hell.  Refinished I believe would sell for 600 easy.

 

This is the thing with this covid and the over pricing of equipment.  People have gouged to high hell and it's pretty sickening.  People will always clamor about they can price as they see fit and all, but honestly, gtfo... I'm quite sick of seeing people filling my feeds with 10-15 yr old beat up irons that weren't worth the asking price new for $600.  I've helped a couple of people new to the game this year in building bags vs. going at it alone and hoping they were getting good value.

 

About 4-5 months ago, there was a few here in the GTA ranging from $250-$350.  When you have cash in hand and can pick up things basically instantly, a good chunk of people will sell instantly, more so if they don't know what they have.  I got my 34" NP2 Mil-Spec in fantastic shape for like $240 and the Piretti in sig for $220 (cdn pricing).

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had Jeremy Richards at the Putter Spa do mine and the transformation was incredible!!! Bought it off Offer up and sent it in and less than a week I had it back from them! Great communication and fantastic work!! Can’t beat the price either! I went with the OG paint full. 
 

check out his Instagram for photos but the quality of work and turn around time are incredible!!

 

 

75B8B4A3-5BA5-459D-A0CF-50B6895165AE.jpeg

361409CD-A477-4F74-B4DC-63241D3DC00B.jpeg

E6F35514-7250-4EC5-AC73-FD2BEE5230FE.jpeg

CFF2A3E9-3E42-434F-89FC-AB8D5E88B9F8.jpeg

  • Like 2

**WITB as of 9/14/2020**
TaylorMade M3 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X Black 45' D4
Titleist TS2 15* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X Black 43" D2
TaylorMade P790 4-7 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
TaylorMade P770 8-9 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
Titleist SM7's 46* 50* 54* 58* S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx +1/4"
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize
TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - Testing TaylorMade Spider X 33.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

 

This is the thing with this covid and the over pricing of equipment.  People have gouged to high hell and it's pretty sickening.  People will always clamor about they can price as they see fit and all, but honestly, gtfo... I'm quite sick of seeing people filling my feeds with 10-15 yr old beat up irons that weren't worth the asking price new for $600.  I've helped a couple of people new to the game this year in building bags vs. going at it alone and hoping they were getting good value.

 

About 4-5 months ago, there was a few here in the GTA ranging from $250-$350.  When you have cash in hand and can pick up things basically instantly, a good chunk of people will sell instantly, more so if they don't know what they have.  I got my 34" NP2 Mil-Spec in fantastic shape for like $240 and the Piretti in sig for $220 (cdn pricing).

Get off your high horse.  This is not your typical putter. This an isn't a build your putter for a new golfer, what a terrific take.

 

I've sold things very reasonable, so don't spew your bs at me.   Don't judge me by my question.

 

If you got that price then good for you, but I think its worth way more.  So go along your way.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, byoshio82 said:

Just had Jeremy Richards at the Putter Spa do mine and the transformation was incredible!!! Bought it off Offer up and sent it in and less than a week I had it back from them! Great communication and fantastic work!! Can’t beat the price either! I went with the OG paint full. 
 

check out his Instagram for photos but the quality of work and turn around time are incredible!!

 

 

75B8B4A3-5BA5-459D-A0CF-50B6895165AE.jpeg

361409CD-A477-4F74-B4DC-63241D3DC00B.jpeg

E6F35514-7250-4EC5-AC73-FD2BEE5230FE.jpeg

CFF2A3E9-3E42-434F-89FC-AB8D5E88B9F8.jpeg

Thanks for answering my question and helping me vs others.  Much appreciated 

Edited by Nick_E
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Get off your high horse.  This is not your typical putter. This an isn't a build your putter for a new golfer, what a terrific take.

 

I've sold things very reasonable, so don't spew your bs at me.   Don't judge me by my question.

 

If you got that price then good for you, but I think its worth way more.  So go along your way.

 

 

 

I think the high horse someone on is the one you're on if you think I was talking about you...

 

You're more than welcome to feel they are worth more, but given at the start of the year you could get refinished ones for $500 cdn, it's an uninformed opinion.  I liken this bump in pricing like the Eye2 wedges during the groove rule.  Massively over priced and went back to normal when people saw it was basically nothing.

Edited by gwelfgulfer

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Thanks for answering my question and helping me vs others.  Much appreciated 

No problem just saw the title to the thread and thought I’d share my experience with Golf Spa as they were awesome!!

**WITB as of 9/14/2020**
TaylorMade M3 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X Black 45' D4
Titleist TS2 15* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X Black 43" D2
TaylorMade P790 4-7 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
TaylorMade P770 8-9 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
Titleist SM7's 46* 50* 54* 58* S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx +1/4"
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize
TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - Testing TaylorMade Spider X 33.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick_E said:

Ok sure, was pretty obvious what you were implying, but ok.  

Hard to get off that horse it seems...

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

After you edit your original post. Dude, I get it.  You're not adding anything to my question.  You've got your opinion.  Its not helpful to me, so move along to the next thread.

 

Lol, now you look for further validation of your misguided opinion...  Sorry if reality doesn't work with what you think...  You say you see them for $800 (assuming USD) and I can find them for much less with little to no effort put in, so...

Edited by gwelfgulfer

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

 

Lol, now you look for further validation of your misguided opinion...  Sorry if reality doesn't work with what you think...  You say you see them for $800 (assuming USD) and I can find them for much less, so...

Send me pictures and ill buy yours right now if its in as good as shape as you say it is.   I mean according to you they're everywhere for 250 so you shouldn't have a problem with it.

 

Put up or shut up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick_E said:

Send me pictures and ill buy yours right now if its in as good as shape as you say it is.   I mean according to you they're everywhere for 250 so you shouldn't have a problem with it.

 

Put up or shut up.

 

Lol...  "according to you they're everywhere for 250" after I give you a time frame and general location...  I really hope those straws you keep grasping at are strong, because you're bringing nothing but a weak effort...  Nor did I say mine was refinished, but that I got it for a price...  But under no circumstances am I delusional enough to think they are worth $800 USD refinished.  

 

Congrats on being amazingly easily triggered on this...

 

I more think the 'put up or shut up' here would be you actually getting what you think the value of the putter is easily in the resale market...  I mean, wouldn't that be the ultimate show up...  So by your own words...  Put Up Or Shut Up...

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gwelfgulfer said:

 

Lol...  "according to you they're everywhere for 250" after I give you a time frame and general location...  I really hope those straws you keep grasping at are strong, because you're bringing nothing but a weak effort...  Nor did I say mine was refinished, but that I got it for a price...  But under no circumstances am I delusional enough to think they are worth $800 USD refinished.  

 

Congrats on being amazingly easily triggered on this...

 

I more think the 'put up or shut up' here would be you actually getting what you think the value of the putter is easily in the resale market...  I mean, wouldn't that be the ultimate show up...  So by your own words...  Put Up Or Shut 

Man, where's a mute button when you really need it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick_E said:

Man, where's a mute button when you really need it.  


It's pretty easy to block people.  In fact, easier than trying to sell a refinished TeI3 for $800 USD...  But then that would just try and keep you in an echo chamber rather then having your eyes opened up to reality...

  • Sad 1

Titleist Canada Day Bag:  Red Maple Leaf Dormie Headcovers

Titleist Tsi3 10* w/ KK XT 60 X

Titleist TS3 16.5* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ EF T1100 6.0

Edel 4-P w/ Paderson TS-I S

Edel 50/54/58 w/ Paderson TS-W S

Yes! Abbie Forged 33"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick_E said:

I understand ebay can be way off, but 175 for a 97 original seems crazy low.  I cant imagine anyone selling it for that unless it was beat to hell.  Refinished I believe would sell for 600 easy.

I'd be shocked to see an aftermarket finished Tei3 sell for that

maybe in original condition, but it would be really surprising to see you get that amount back with an aftermarket finish

I wonder also how light it would be after the resto?

Might be just as effective to clean it up yourself, ie remove the rust, and put it up

 

But the scotty market is crazy right now, so ya never know

just not at gamble I'd take myself 

let us know how it all turns out

Yadi for President

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BYK said:

I'd be shocked to see an aftermarket finished Tei3 sell for that

maybe in original condition, but it would be really surprising to see you get that amount back with an aftermarket finish

I wonder also how light it would be after the resto?

Might be just as effective to clean it up yourself, ie remove the rust, and put it up

 

But the scotty market is crazy right now, so ya never know

just not at gamble I'd take myself 

let us know how it all turns out

The scotty market is always crazy.  Headcovers sell for 150.  This model is harder to come by.  The more I think about it the more ill probably customize it for me with special paint job and keep it.  We'll see, ill update with pics, but will take a month or two with demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

The scotty market is always crazy.  Headcovers sell for 150.  This model is harder to come by.  The more I think about it the more ill probably customize it for me with special paint job and keep it.  We'll see, ill update with pics, but will take a month or two with demand.

Yah, I know bud

I'm big into scotty.  

 

I've seen it happen a lot where lots of money lost after restos, especially aftermarket ones.  If you feel you can get what you want for it, go for it.

But even in these super inflated times, I just worry that you would be disappointed.  Yours is actually in decent shape, if you're gonna sell it, seriously consider just cleaning it up and putting it up for sale.  Good luck man whatever you decide to do.  

  • Like 1

Yadi for President

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only TEI3 putters I see selling for 600-900 are either all original in good condition or a banged up lefties cause of the stupid "Scotty Tax". No in between. 

 

As for who to get it finished BOS golf used to do the finished for Scotty, that would be my vote. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 FARMERS WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the 2021 Farmers PGA Tour event. Please add you comments in this thread. Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Special galleries:
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #1
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #2
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #3
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #4
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #6
       
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #7
       
      Cameron putters - Farmers 2021
       
      Odyssey 2-ball Ten - Farmers 2021
       
      Project X Even Flow RipTide MX & LX proto shafts - Framers 2021
       
      TaylorMade putter cover for Torrey Pines - Farmers 2021
       
      Sling Shot training aid - Farmers 2021
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event.
       
      Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 American Express
      PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters
      UST Maymiya LinQ shafts - American Express 2021
      Mitsubishi Kaili & MMT shafts - American Express 2021
      Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 hybrids - American Express 2021
      TaylorMade putter cover for Palm Springs/Palm Desert - American Express
      New Aldila Synergy, Ascent & prototype shafts - American Express 2021
      Callaway Apex Pro iron, Epic Driver and fairway, Apex iron & hybrid - American Express 2021
      New Perfect Practice training aids - American Express 2021
      New KBS prototype shafts - American Express 2021
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs)
      Kevin Na's What's In The Bag?
       
      Specs are on the front-page as well-
      https://www.golfwrx.com/645178/kevin-nas-winning-witb-2021-sony-open/
       
      Driver- Callaway GBB Epic (9 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 TX
      3w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (13.5 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 TX
      5w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (18 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 80 TX
      Hybrid- PXG 0317 X Gen 2 (19 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
      Irons- Callaway Rogue Pro (4), Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (54), Vokey Design prototype (’18) (60-06K ) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Putter- Odyssey Toulon Madison
      Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4
      Ball- Titleist Pro V1x
       

       
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • SIM up close
      Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now.  
       
      Wk
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 170 replies
    • 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)
      A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. 
       

      Callaway
      Apex irons, Apex Pro irons, Apex DCB irons Apex hybrids, Apex Pro hybrids  
      Mizuno 
      MCraft putters
      Ping
      G425 driver G425 fairway woods, hybrids and crossover G425 irons
       
      PXG 
      PXG 0211 series
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 60 replies

×
×
  • Create New...