TSi3 or TSi2

Yeah, def get fit. You can adjust a lot of things with either head, and having a choice of shafts adds a ton of options. You can dial it in and also you may be very surprised by what actually works for you the best.

Da Bag...

TM SIM Max 10.5, Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 569 - R

Ping G410 14.5, Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 474 - R

Titleist TS2 19* and 22*, KBS Proto Hybrid R/S

Mizuno 921 SEL 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

Cleveland Zipcore 54/58 Low-Bounce, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

TM Spider FCG Slant Neck 32"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a fitting outdoors with trackman and as others have stated, best to get fit. The numbers for me were almost equal, with the TSi3 having almost perfect spin numbers for me and the TSi2 havin

Owned both here.     tsi2 wins for me.  Spin is barely more with tsi2.  But dispersion is just so point and shoot with the tsi2.    both great heads. But the tsi3 just didn’t wow me in a

I think it's important you try them first, get fit and see whats best.  I don't think the TSi2 falls into the "spinny" category if set up properly and with its added forgiveness, is a real pleasure to

Went for a fitting and ended up in a TSi2 with ventus blue. Could have gamed either the TSi3 or the TSi2 but the dispersion and forgiveness of the TSi2 was much better for me. Out of the middle the TSi3 was a touch flatter in flight and maybe a couple of yards longer. I don't middle it all the time so to sacrifice less than 5 yards for dispersion will benefit my game a lot more. Absolutely love the look of the TSi3 but it just wasn't the better club for me

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I decided to try the Tsi3 10* with Blue Tensei regular. Something about this shaft just give me the confidence that I need on the tee. Has a very smooth feel to it and is sneaky long with a nice piercing mid flight. Not one that can work the ball easily as the fade I do hit is very playable or it's right down the middle. I do need to put a good swing or I will fade badly on me. Still working on a draw so I need to do a little more fine tuning but this Tsi3 has out performed the SIM 2 and G425 MAX and LST . Still experimenting as it does lack the forgiveness I need on my off day is is more when I don't get out more than once a week.I do have a driver that is a keeper and that is the new Ryoma Maxima Type V 9.5* with GD Tour shaft.

I found something as close to my Ryoma in looks and distance. The Tsi3 performs as well as it looks as finding the center of the club face will turn heads but like any other driver mis hit the most forgiving driver and you will lose more distance and accuracy than if you were hitting a Tsi3. I've hit some of the most forgiving so call drivers and I have still not been impressed like I was hitting the Tsi2.  Not 100% sure that the Tsi3 is for me. What's next, Should I Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Tiptx1122
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I’ve played both. The Tsi2 is in the bag. The Tsi3 sounds/feels better and looks like my old 905R. And on good days it’s amazing. But the Tsi2 is just more forgiving without giving up much on distance. It’s as perfect a blend of distance, forgiveness and feel as I’ve hit. I’m in play on bad swings that would put me in trouble with the 3. I did loft down a degree to maintain similar launch conditions. 

Edited by Oldboy
  • Like 2

Glad I had the chance to try both and experience all the hype as the Tsi3 is longer, but more punishing on less than perfect strikes...Tsi2 is shorter and doesn’t seem to have the freakishly long like I nailed it feel.

Now....Tsi2 is way more consistent (for me anyway) less punishing on average hits and seems to retain ball speed and spin all over the face much better!!

If I had the time to work on my swing more and had a more consistent strike then I’d definitely want to be playing the Tsi3. The looks, feel, distance and adjustability is what I'm after but I just need the forgiveness that the Tsi2 has. 

On 11/30/2020 at 12:19 AM, Heckle said:

Curious for those that have tried both. I have a bit of a dilemma. I could definitely use the forgiveness said to come with the 2. My issue is I have a pretty high launch angle and could use a reduction in launch and spin which is said to come with the 3. Was wondering how much forgiveness is lost with the 3 vs 2 or vis versa how much reduction in launch and spin do you get from the 3 over 2. 

IMO there is no forgiveness difference between the two.  I know that goes against all logic, but it's my experience.  I tried both drivers and hit the 3 better, straighter and longer.  The pro shop guy I've known for years and is a better player than me, bags the 2.  He talked me out of the 3 and into the 2 because of forgiveness.  I regret it.  I bought the TSi3 fairway and hit it amazingly.  Off a tee or the deck it flies long and straight.  I gave up distance for the hope of better forgiveness that didn't exist.

Driver: Titleist TSi2

3Wood: Titleist TSi3

5Wood: Titleist TSi3 
Irons:  TEE C721
Wedges:  Callaway CB
Putter: T/A Impact 2 - Wide

25 minutes ago, Millhill88 said:

IMO there is no forgiveness difference between the two.  I know that goes against all logic, but it's my experience.  I tried both drivers and hit the 3 better, straighter and longer.  The pro shop guy I've known for years and is a better player than me, bags the 2.  He talked me out of the 3 and into the 2 because of forgiveness.  I regret it.  I bought the TSi3 fairway and hit it amazingly.  Off a tee or the deck it flies long and straight.  I gave up distance for the hope of better forgiveness that didn't exist.

That might be so with the fairway woods as I was talking about the drivers. Bigger difference in forgiveness 

Posted (edited)

What is fascinating to me is that video by Adam Scott going over what is in his bag this year.  Scott has one of the best swings in golf.  He is gaming a TSi2 with a Ventus Red.  As some have addressed in this string of comments when the TSi3 is hit pure dead center it feels extra special and produces great distance once it is dialed in.  But who hits it dead center all the time?  That is what Scott said was the reason why he picked the TSi2 over the other TSi driver iterations.  He said the TSi2 was the most forgiving in the new Titleist driver line than anything but the TSi1, which he acknowledged was directed at tour players.  And the Ventus Red is the softest feeling in the Ventus lineup.  Very interesting video.

Edited by jimb

Only have hit the TSi3 which I currently game, but all i can say is this thing is as forgiving as any driver I've played previously in the last decade (915D3/2016M2/2017M1440/M5).  TSi2 might be more forgiving but that is not to say TSi3 is unforgiving.  In fact, up and down the face I've noticed TSi3 maintains a pretty consistent spin window, nothing ever balloons.  If high ball flight is something you struggle with, TSi3 can help flatten that out significantly.  It's been a great driver for me so far in 2021.

I've owned both and the TSi2 is def more forgiving.....absolutely no question.  

Distance wise, IF......IF the TSi3 is longer, it surely isn't by much.  I've hit some absolute beauties with both drivers.

I kept the TSi2 and dropped the 3.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Posted (edited)

I tried both and a TSi4. Distance wise they're both identical but TSi2 is ridiculously straight. Can't imagine G425 Max being any easier. However Fairways hit was the same on both drivers. Feel is better in all three of them but I don't think it's worth the upgrade from TS series. Sold all of them and kept my TS4.

Edited by golfjam

Titleist TS4 9.4 Fuji Motore Speeder 661X II

Titleist TS2 13.5 Diamana BF 70 X

Titleist 818 H2 19 Fuji Atmos Blue 8X

TM SIM UDI Diamana Thump X

Mizuno MP-4 4-PW DG S300

Vokey SM7 50F X100/ Miura Series 56 X100

EVNROLL ER2 Black

3 hours ago, handyquacks17 said:

Im still rocking a 915 d2 tour issue.  Should I move on? Had the m5 an sim for a bit but the 915 just goes higher and straighter for me.  Should I look into TSi2/3 or maybe even TS2/3? Any thoughts? 

I think the TSi2 will sound and feel better than the 915, maybe even spin a little less and more consistently, but if you are piping the 915, I may not change till it gives out or you just want a change.  For me the TSi range is better than the TS but I'm sure thats just me.

Titleist TSi2 9 (D4) HZRDUS Smoke RDX 6.0  60g

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1) Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 818h 21 (C1) Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 714mb 4-P X100

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 34"

Snell MTB black

Vessel Lite

Tried both in driver and fairway. Ended up being fit for TSi3 in driver, TSi3 16.5 in fairway. Bought the TSi3 16.5 but found it too low spin on the course even though the LM numbers were outstanding. Ended up with a SIM 2 5 wood turned down. Zero regrets going with TSi3 for driver though. Love the shape, love the flight, but most importantly love the sound/feel vs my old TS3.

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 10* (A1) Ventus Red 6S

TM SIM 2 TI 18* Ventus Red 7S

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Titleist TS2 23* (A1) GD AD IZ 85S

Titleist TS2 26* (D1) GD AD IZ 85S

Titleist T100S 6-PW Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50* Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
Cameron T22 Newport Stability Shaft Tour

I just demo’d the TSI3 and holy moly is that head fast.   Was about 5 mph faster on ball speed than my M3 with the same shaft.  

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

Owned both here.  

tsi2 wins for me.  Spin is barely more with tsi2.  But dispersion is just so point and shoot with the tsi2. 

both great heads. But the tsi3 just didn’t wow me in any way except looks. But that not enough. The tsi2 isn’t exactly ugly. Lol 

• Like 4

Mavrik triple diamond 10.5* Diamana TB 70TX 

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensie CK Blue 80 TX  

TM Sim tour 19*  Aldila rogue proto 95TX  

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125TX 

Vokey sm7 50 54 58 MCI 125 mild  

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I just picked up a TSI2 after playing the TS3 for years. I only have a range session with it so far side by side but it was way easier and more consistent than my TS3. Distance was similar on both but TSI2 was just so easy to hit straight down the "fairway" on the range. We will see this weekend, but right now I feel like it will stay for sure. Where I am playing is right next to a nice store with an outdoor range so maybe I can compare a TSI3 just to be sure.

Titleist TS3 8.5 @10.25 HZRDS Smoke 65 6.0
Cobra King F9 Tour 3-4 at 15* Atmos Tour spec blue 6S
Nike VR Pro 2 Hybrid PX 6.0
Srixon U85 4 Iron DG 120 X100
TM 760 Irons 5-pw DG 120 X100

Vokey 50, 54 PX LX 6.0, KBS Tour V X
Taylormade Hi toe 60 KBS tour V 115
Cleveland Huntington Beach Number 1 35"
Vice Pro Plus Ball

Put me in the group that had better results across the board with TSi3. Spin was lower, it was faster, way flatter, longer and straighter than the TSi2. I firmly believe though, that the better dispersion can be 100% attributed to confidence. TSi3 is the best looking/sounding driver I've ever hit and I was just having fun smashing it. That's not exactly scientific, but it's real.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS BLU 70X
Titleist 909F2 15.5º - OG Grafalloy blue X
Titleist U500 18º HZDRUS Black Smoke RDX 6.5
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
Vokey 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

On 6/10/2021 at 9:28 PM, bladehunter said:

Owned both here.  

tsi2 wins for me.  Spin is barely more with tsi2.  But dispersion is just so point and shoot with the tsi2. 

both great heads. But the tsi3 just didn’t wow me in any way except looks. But that not enough. The tsi2 isn’t exactly ugly. Lol 

same here, my TSi2 is like cheating

PXG Proto 0811X 9 w/ Graphite Design MJ 6

Ping G425 14.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 7

Callaway Epic Flash 18 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 8

Titleist 816 H2 21 w/ Fujikura Atmos Red 8

PXG Darkness 0311P 5-GW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 

Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 Custom 54/60 M grinds w/ KBS $ Taper 125

Scotty Cameron NP2 SSS Timeless 34/350G

Dang it y’all have me wanting to pick up a 8 degree TSI2 head. Love my TSI3 but I don’t play nearly as much as I used to (2x/month if I’m lucky) and think I could actually use a little more spin and something more point and shoot. Hmmmm

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9 degree with Fujikura Ventus 6X
3 wood: Mizuno STZ with Fujikura Ventus 7X
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 11 with Aldila RIP 85X
Irons: New Level 902 5-PW with DG X100, New Level NLU-01 21 degree driving iron Fujikura Atmos Black TS 9X Hybrid shaft
Wedges: New Level M type 50-55-60 
Putter: Evnroll ER5-CS
Ball: Bridgestone BX