Need MOD help - buyer put in a PayPal dispute but told me he never did this......

Here is the link to my ad:

I sold the irons (iBlades) for a little under asking. I shipped with USPS priority mail. Mail was delayed (it was around voting day) but it eventually arrived. The buyer received tracking on the day it was sent. The buyer and I communicated throughout. I have a 3 page message board between the two of us - when arrived, he stated they were exactly as described. I then received notice from Paypal that a dispute was put in under "item not as described". I contacted the buyer who told me he did not submit a dispute. I provided PayPal with the messages and they still reimbursed the buyer and took it out of my PayPal. So, the buyer has my clubs for free and he insisted that he never did any of this. I messaged him two days ago, he read the message this morning but hasn't responded. I am looking for guidance - I also don't want this to happen to anyone else with this buyer....should I provide his user name? Please advise how to proceed. Thanks.

Mizuno ST190HL w/Tensei Orange
Titleist 915F 16.5* 4 wood
Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Maltby TSW Wedges 52*, 56*, 60*
Yes! Tracy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[UPDATE] Seller has been repaid. Buyer does not know what happened. 

Have you called PayPal or just sent emails? In my experience it always helps to get on the phone and speak with somebody rather than connect via email. Hope it works out for you.

These topics get solved faster when both parties are involved...

Wow , this is a mess. Did PayPal give you options?   Pretty bold move for them to state they never filled a claim, but are they returning the irons? I would Invite them here and letum know we're discussing them and this transaction if they would like to interject. If they don't show up , then let us know who it is.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Like I said, I messaged him yesterday when I received the PayPal message. He read it this morning, but no reply. PayPal notified me of the claim. I notified the buyer. He said he never put in a claim. I gave PayPal screen shots of the message board between us. Did me no good. I have three pages of messages between him and I....and yes, he still has the irons....he has had them for almost a month.

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

1 minute ago, bennowick said:

Thanks everyone. Like I said, I messaged him yesterday when I received the PayPal message. He read it this morning, but no reply. PayPal notified me of the claim. I notified the buyer. He said he never put in a claim. I gave PayPal screen shots of the message board between us. Did me no good. I have three pages of messages between him and I....and yes, he still has the irons....he has had them for almost a month.

Send him the link to this forum. PayPal would have told them to send the irons back. Sad that they've had them a month and now filled a claim. Feels pretty scummy.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, VNutz said:

Have you called PayPal or just sent emails? In my experience it always helps to get on the phone and speak with somebody rather than connect via email. Hope it works out for you.

Trying to find a number to call right now....

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

7 minutes ago, Duffer222 said:

This sounds like a terrible mistake or complete fraud.

maybe the guy will just send you the money he actually paid.

but that would be boring.

Good luck OP!!

I will take boring.....lol.

• Like 1

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

I try to give everyone the benefit of a doubt but I am having a hard time giving the buyer one here.

It sounds to me like the buyer either needs to send the clubs back ASAP or the money. However since it's been a month, I hope he sends the money.

Would be very interested to know who the buyer is 

Edited by Flip4000
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, brkuck said:

That sucks that PP doesnt even give you a valid reason.  Try calling them and seeing if they can re-open it or hear your side a little better?  

I have called and they are calling me back (wait was forever) - hoping to get more answers then.

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

I did open a claim once thru Paypal as item was not described, it wasn’t even the same putter as the listing just to note. I first contacted buyer letting him know he said send back then I’ll refund , I said I will go thru Paypal do it the right way. Opened claimed got the wait so many days then couple days later out of no where refund was back in my account and email saying Pp sided in my favor and no mention of returning item. I called them ask what was going on all they said they sided with me , I ask what about returning club they said it’s mine I can do what I want with it did not have to return which I thought was odd. I did however return the club back to the seller ( karma can be a b%#*h) 

Hope buyer does the right thing Op or let the rest of us know who it is 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, icecat88 said:

I did open a claim once thru Paypal as item was not described, it wasn’t even the same putter as the listing just to note. I first contacted buyer letting him know he said send back then I’ll refund , I said I will go thru Paypal do it the right way. Opened claimed got the wait so many days then couple days later out of no where refund was back in my account and email saying Pp sided in my favor and no mention of returning item. I called them ask what was going on all they said they sided with me , I ask what about returning club they said it’s mine I can do what I want with it did not have to return which I thought was odd. I did however return the club back to the seller ( karma can be a b%#*h) 

What about returning the money for the irons? 

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x, HZRDUS RDX Blue 60TX

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58 ATV

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
16 minutes ago, icecat88 said:

Thats wild to me that paypal didnt care about returning the item. Seems like a really slippery slope to side with buyers and refund the money before a buyer even sends tracking to return an item. Seems like that could really be taken advantage of.

16 minutes ago, icecat88 said:

Umm I’m not the buyer here you must have misread sumthing 

Sorry my error 

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x, HZRDUS RDX Blue 60TX

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58 ATV

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

Look....I am obviously frustrated because he said he didn't file a claim but one was obviously filed....the claim stated "item not as described" yet here is the direct quote from our messages - "The condition of the clubs were as you stated, they look great!!". I am a member here and also do a watchgang thing.....these places to sell are only as good as the people on them. Like I stated initially, worst case I protect others on this forum. Best case, this gets resolved.

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

2 minutes ago, bennowick said:

Look....I am obviously frustrated because he said he didn't file a claim but one was obviously filed....the claim stated "item not as described" yet here is the direct quote from our messages - "The condition of the clubs were as you stated, they look great!!". I am a member here and also do a watchgang thing.....these places to sell are only as good as the people on them. Like I stated initially, worst case I protect others on this forum. Best case, this gets resolved.

Think everybody's siding with you. You're in a watchgang on WRX? What is that? 

13 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Think everybody's siding with you. You're in a watchgang on WRX? What is that? 

Watchgang on facebook - goes with the watchgang watch club. Trouble.....lol.

• Haha 1

Titleist 910 21* 7 wood
Cleveland 588CB 4-PW
Yes! Tracy

28 minutes ago, icecat88 said:

Were here waiting with tub of popcorn 🍿 for the buyer to chime in 

I doubt that is going to happen.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex

Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Think it’s obvious where this is going... You know he says he didn’t file the claim ok (yea doubt it) but say even if he really didn’t do it but he obviously knows that $$$ is back in his account and it’s been a month ... I’d say this isn’t his first rodeo. Think you’ve given him long enough the benefit of the doubt need to let us know before he screws someone else. Not sure what’s holding back on ousting him 

• Like 1