Jump to content

PXG Gen 4 STICKS (Irons & Woods)... 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are on the wrong site asking a question like that.  😂🤣

I'm a huge fan of PXGs. I like there pricing strategy. Those who want the latest and greatest (like the technology industry) pay top dollar for that. Those happen to get the previous gen equipment get

Hopefully we can get back on topic talking about the soon arriving Gen 4's and end story time...Not sure I have enough hot cocoa w/marshmallows to make it through the hate until then...

Posted Images

What's up with PXG turning into 2009 Taylormade?

  • Like 2

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX

Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw Ported C-Grind 57/11 & 61/07 Black C-Taper S+

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, the release cycle that they're starting to show isn't exactly good for their brand image. I know more than a handful of people that have gone away from PXG already because "they're not exclusive anymore" with the sale and whatnot. switching up their release cycle to be more "mainstream" isn't like PXG. PXG's main goal for a while has been to be everything BUT mainstream.

  • Like 2

Mavrik SZ TD - Diamana x'17 50S

PXG 0317x gen2 19* hybrid - MMT 80S
PXG 0211 4-SW - MMT 80S
Edison Forged 55*, 59* - MMT 105TX
Golo3 2014 - Pokéball weights
My swing: "something resembling a wet noodle" - My Boss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ShAMbotay said:

yeah, the release cycle that they're starting to show isn't exactly good for their brand image. I know more than a handful of people that have gone away from PXG already because "they're not exclusive anymore" with the sale and whatnot. switching up their release cycle to be more "mainstream" isn't like PXG. PXG's main goal for a while has been to be everything BUT mainstream.

Times are changing...

Link to post
Share on other sites

It better be a better version of the 0211 and not a gen4 iron.  I bought mine this past May.  Love them but that’s going to be a bit frustrating for those who have been loyal.  I have 3 sets of their irons.  

Driver:  Mavrik  9.2* Single Diamond - AutoFlex SF505X shaft 

3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X/ TM Sim Rocket 14*- AutoFlex SF505X
Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 56*
Vokey SM8 60* LW
LAB 2.1 Stability Shaft, 35inch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my dad in to Scottsdale HQ for putter and driver fitting while he was in town for Thanksgiving. Our fitter wouldn’t give details but said they completed a big product training, said he had seen the spy shots circulating and while some are accurate, there is much more that hasn’t been seen yet. He did kinda confirm that the proto fairways would be launching next year, I asked sooner or later and he said “well next year is only 40 days out” 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am mainly looking for a new PXG fairway. Not sure how they can make the hybrid any better. That’s for sure. 

PXG 0811X+ Proto GD AD TP 5S
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
PXG Gen2 0317x 19* Tensei CK Blue
PXG 0211 4-PW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 50*/54* Elevate Tour
TM HT 60*
PXG One and Done 34”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our old Pro assistant at my club is now the PXG fitter in our area - I did a Proto driver fitting with him in early November and he mentioned the 0211FB irons were coming in 2021.  He did not mention anything about Gen 4 irons.      I also picked up a 4 wood during the fitting since they are cheaper right now.   He stated there would be a new fairway wood coming but timeframe was the unknown.   Irons are coming before the woods is what I was told.   

Edited by MPG
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SZ - 10.5 (testing PXG Proto 9* / RipTide Shaft)
Fairway: Titleist TS3 - Diamana Thump  
Hybrid - Callaway APEX 20*
Irons: PXG Gen3 T 4-Gap - Modus 115 
Wedges: PXG Forged 54* / 58* - Modus 115
Putter: Cameron SB+ / Odyssey TEN SL /  PXG Mini Gunboat / PXG BLackJack (depending on the day)
Ball: Snell Black or TP5x

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pumped for a Proto Fairway

Edited by lakecowboy

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

PXG Gen2 0341X 3W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a PXG fitter tonight with respect to my question on new fairways (Protos) being released:

 

”Yes.. Rumor has it we will have some new woods coming out, probably soon.  I don’t personally have any information, but gut feeling- they are just around the corner.” 

 

 

Code speak for: I have seen them/been briefed on them and they will be out soon after the first of the year. I am just sworn to secrecy. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus Red
PXG, 3 metal ; Ventus Red
PXG 5 metal; Ventus Red
PXG hybrid 21 degrees
PXG Gen 3;  5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG Limited Edition Damascus Steel Spitfire

Titleist Pro V1x

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be disappointed if some of the bigger PXG account private courses don't get early fits for the Proto 3 woods.  If it was on the Gen3 iron timeline we would have already seen emails and been fit.

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

PXG Gen2 0341X 3W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the fitter again today. PXG will call the line Gen 4 (skipping Gen 3 on woods) as has previously been posted. He did not know if the Proto and Proto + drivers will be revised when they are incorporated into the Gen 4 line. He does expect these to launch January; February at the latest. 
 

He also said there would be an iron release, but he did not have much detail. 
 

It will be interesting to see if the PXG 1000 receives the info on the new releases prior to the general public.

 

As an additional note, he said the “One and Done” putter is receiving a lot of interest. 
 

  • Like 1

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus Red
PXG, 3 metal ; Ventus Red
PXG 5 metal; Ventus Red
PXG hybrid 21 degrees
PXG Gen 3;  5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG Limited Edition Damascus Steel Spitfire

Titleist Pro V1x

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DLBTide7 said:

I spoke to the fitter again today. PXG will call the line Gen 4 (skipping Gen 3 on woods) as has previously been posted. He did not know if the Proto and Proto + drivers will be revised when they are incorporated into the Gen 4 line. He does expect these to launch January; February at the latest. 
 

He also said there would be an iron release, but he did not have much detail. 
 

It will be interesting to see if the PXG 1000 receives the info on the new releases prior to the general public.

 

As an additional note, he said the “One and Done” putter is receiving a lot of interest. 
 

Great info, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every company has a marketing strategy and some works and some fail. Pxg makes great equipment and if you hit their clubs you will be impress. Bob Parsons made some outlandish claims, he call Tiger woods washed up and in the eyes of some his comments are unforgivable. With that being said, we would never see pxg's true potential until we see top talent on their roster on the pga tour. As far as the exclusiveness it was a failure at the start. If pxg priced irons in the big 3 range, they will see a lot of growth as pxg offers something different

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Golfaddict911 said:

Every company has a marketing strategy and some works and some fail. Pxg makes great equipment and if you hit their clubs you will be impress. Bob Parsons made some outlandish claims, he call Tiger woods washed up and in the eyes of some his comments are unforgivable. With that being said, we would never see pxg's true potential until we see top talent on their roster on the pga tour. As far as the exclusiveness it was a failure at the start. If pxg priced irons in the big 3 range, they will see a lot of growth as pxg offers something different

He did not call Tiger washed up. He said the company was interested in looking at younger more marketable players. Good grief, amazing how the hate for some people drives ridiculousness. 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/golf-equipment-company-is-interested-in-rory-mcilroy-but-not-tiger-woods/

Edited by snagy2000
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

He did not call Tiger washed up. He said the company was interested in looking at younger more marketable players. Good grief, amazing how the hate for some people drives ridiculousness. 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/golf-equipment-company-is-interested-in-rory-mcilroy-but-not-tiger-woods/

The definition of washed up is someone or something whose time has come and gone; someone who was popular or who had a good career but who now doesn't and has little to offer. 

you can word it anyway you want he took a shot at Tiger. Did you read he said that if Tiger came knocking he would not be interested? The world of golf knows Tiger would never stoop that low to ask any manufacturer for an endorsement deal. The days of $800 drivers or $5000 set of pxg clubs are long gone. Bob is on it to make money and by lowering the price it shows he is a smart businessman, one who adapts to the trend

Edited by Golfaddict911
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm casually waiting for the Proto 3 Wood, but $195 for a Gen 2 3 Wood is tempting just to play around w/ in the simulator.

  • Like 1

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

PXG Gen2 0341X 3W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 8:31 AM, Golfaddict911 said:

The definition of washed up is someone or something whose time has come and gone; someone who was popular or who had a good career but who now doesn't and has little to offer. 

you can word it anyway you want he took a shot at Tiger. Did you read he said that if Tiger came knocking he would not be interested? The world of golf knows Tiger would never stoop that low to ask any manufacturer for an endorsement deal. The days of $800 drivers or $5000 set of pxg clubs are long gone. Bob is on it to make money and by lowering the price it shows he is a smart businessman, one who adapts to the trend

 

Actually the definition is "no longer effective or successful".   

 

He was simply stating that he's looking to sign up and coming players whose best days are ahead of them.

 

There is a big difference in saying that someone's best days are behind them - which even Tiger has acknowledged - and saying that they're ineffective or washed up.

 

Kind of like Rahm viz Mickelson at Callaway.

 

I'm actually curious whether PXG ever had discussions with Rahm... he seems like the kind of guy they'd be looking for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

PXG’s high end pricing seems to be calculated and working well for them in the long run. Create a stir, early adopters pay full price for them, and start discounting them the rest line up to get them at a “steep discount.” 
 

Well done Bob!  Hook, line, sinker. 

  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event.
       
      Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 American Express
      PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters
      UST Maymiya LinQ shafts - American Express 2021
      Mitsubishi Kaili & MMT shafts - American Express 2021
      Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 hybrids - American Express 2021
      TaylorMade putter cover for Palm Springs/Palm Desert - American Express
      New Aldila Synergy, Ascent & prototype shafts - American Express 2021
      Callaway Apex Pro iron, Epic Driver and fairway, Apex iron & hybrid - American Express 2021
      New Perfect Practice training aids - American Express 2021
      New KBS prototype shafts - American Express 2021
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs)
      Kevin Na's What's In The Bag?
       
      Specs are on the front-page as well-
      https://www.golfwrx.com/645178/kevin-nas-winning-witb-2021-sony-open/
       
      Driver- Callaway GBB Epic (9 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 TX
      3w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (13.5 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 TX
      5w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (18 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 80 TX
      Hybrid- PXG 0317 X Gen 2 (19 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
      Irons- Callaway Rogue Pro (4), Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (54), Vokey Design prototype (’18) (60-06K ) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Putter- Odyssey Toulon Madison
      Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4
      Ball- Titleist Pro V1x
       

       
        • Like
      • 37 replies
    • SIM up close
      Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now.  
       
      Wk
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 155 replies
    • 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)
      A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. 
       

      Callaway
      Apex irons, Apex Pro irons, Apex DCB irons Apex hybrids, Apex Pro hybrids  
      Mizuno 
      MCraft putters
      Ping
      G425 driver G425 fairway woods, hybrids and crossover G425 irons
       
      PXG 
      PXG 0211 series
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • JT with a Ventus in the Tsi3?
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco
      • 212 replies

×
×
  • Create New...