2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG Gen 4 STICKS (Irons & Woods)... 2021

TRC723

10 minutes ago, JackpotJohnny said:

I heard they will only have a single weight. Makes me think of the 2011 TM TP irons. 

So....a big weight like those used in the woods.   To get perimeter weighting would require more than one.  Maybe just one for swingweight adjustments.

Like the Cally '21 MB iron.

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

43 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

So....a big weight like those used in the woods.   To get perimeter weighting would require more than one.  Maybe just one for swingweight adjustments.

That’s just what I Heard. I honestly can’t assume they have made a “better” iron already, and none of the protos, new putters, or even the gen 4 wood leaks use the legacy weights, so it makes sense they are moving away from them and the gen 4 irons may be more aesthetic changes than anything else. 
Very first thought was the 11 TP line, but you’re probably much closer with the MB analogy. Especially considering sexy is one of their fundamental marketing buzzwords 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

What’s your source? Not saying you’re wrong. I’m only asking because I was at SNGC which is PXG central and they all told me no such irons in the pipeline. 

Just a Pxg rep that has never been wrong about anything yet that he’s told me. Can confirm I’ve heard it’s going to be a single weight as well. The irons are done as far as final design and such. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

If true, PXG is definitely going in a different direction now. 

Really curious now as I've owned and played ( still do ) every generation of irons. Really like the look of the black screws on the irons.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

On 2/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, lakecowboy said:

I'm out on getting this generation at release.  Even last year on a "quick" for PXG turnaround from Gen2 to Gen3 they kept Gen2's at $400/iron during the pre release to big PXG accounts and then pulled them completely off the site when Gen3's launched only to add them back w/ COVID taking place.  This year we saw the Gen 3's drop massively in price every few months.  I'll replace my Gen3's w/ Gen4's for half price in 6 months.

I have a fitting for Proto Fairway woods today, w/ Gen4 coming in the next 30-60 days, I'm excited to hear my fitter explain why I should pay the release price for Proto's today 🤣

From a business standpoint they've done great the last 12 months, but why anyone would pay release price for the Gen4 0311's that I'm hearing will be on the high end again... I think sales will be a fraction of what Gen 2 and Gen 3 were until they start their long run of discounting to 60% off.

Did you have your fitting?  Please tell....

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

13 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

What’s your source? Not saying you’re wrong. I’m only asking because I was at SNGC which is PXG central and they all told me no such irons in the pipeline. 

I mean this respectfully, so no tone or anything like that implied, but that is literally the worst source for PXG info.  They are super tight lipped.

Local Reps, especially if you've bought a lot of stuff from them are the ideal place to get info.  I've got a good relationship w/ my reps and at my club we have a PXG staffer.  Much better info comes out of the guys making a commission off of you if you are a repeat customer.

• Like 1

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

No, we rescheduled to fit 0211ST irons as well.  He's supposed to text me pricing info as soon as he gets it.  May just hold off on the woods until 03/11 when the Gen 4's come out and compare all 3 versions (current gamer/proto/gen4).  

I think the best way to buy clubs from them going forward w/ big multi releases will be to get a full bag fitting, buy the entire full bag deal and then piece out on BST the stuff you don't want to replace.

GAMER SETUP:

12 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

Astehtically I don't think I'll like this, but from a weighting purpose for swingweights this would be amazing and easily adjustable.  How do they get the "goo"/"gel" between the face and the weight port?  Those weights are pretty deep on the putters/drivers/woods/hybrids now.  A single large black weight in a satin iron sounds hideous.  Would look fine on the blacked out irons.

Edited by lakecowboy

GAMER SETUP:

7 minutes ago, lakecowboy said:

Astehtically I don't think I'll like this, but from a weighting purpose for swingweights this would be amazing and easily adjustable.  How do they get the "goo"/"gel" between the face and the weight port?  Those weights are pretty deep on the putters/drivers/woods/hybrids now.  A single large black weight in a satin iron sounds hideous.  Would look fine on the blacked out irons.

We really are back to the guessing games here as nobody has shown a pic other than words.

But of course the single weight could be satin?

Probably lot less to deal with for swingweighting the irons than dealing with individual weights and maybe even manufacturing issues.

496911110_callymb.jpg.ebef435ea3a057cc1258024b3db09f06.jpg

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

27 minutes ago, lakecowboy said:

I mean this respectfully, so no tone or anything like that implied, but that is literally the worst source for PXG info.  They are super tight lipped.

Local Reps, especially if you've bought a lot of stuff from them are the ideal place to get info.  I've got a good relationship w/ my reps and at my club we have a PXG staffer.  Much better info comes out of the guys making a commission off of you if you are a repeat customer.

And after texting about Gen4 and 0211ST more today w/ my fitters I'm hitting them this afternoon as well as the Proto 3wood head 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

GAMER SETUP:

5 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Make sure to get some good pics for us.

I will do my best, don't worry about that! 🤣

• Thanks 2

GAMER SETUP:

7 hours ago, lakecowboy said:

I think the best way to buy clubs from them going forward w/ big multi releases will be to get a full bag fitting, buy the entire full bag deal and then piece out on BST the stuff you don't want to replace.

Great way to go about it, if your golf budget has that many digits to the left of the decimal point.😄  Wish I was at that point...

Edited by 5baytjd
  • Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

Proto 3 wood: Meh.  It’s a really good club, but it’s a Gen2 with a different feel/sound.  I didn’t see much improvement and had my best one with the Gen2 still.  I prefer the feedback/sound of the Proto, but to me that’s not worth an upgrade right now with Gen4 on the way

0211ST:  🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤

They are incredible, most forgiving blade I’ve ever hit.  We’re going around 5-7 yards shorter than the 0311T I play but I’m bent strong on the T’s.  I texted my fitter to ask what the loft difference was.  He got the pricing info for them while I was there, it’ll blow your mind how cheap this blade is and how easy to hit it is.  If you want to play a blade and currently play the T, you’ll jump all over this.  If you play a blade now you’ll want to jump all over these!  I hit them about 20 yards further than I hit the MP-20’s from Mizuno when I did a fitting for them.  They feel about as good as a Mizuno blade too and when I missed it wasn’t harsh.  I might be in love 🤣🤣🤣

I asked to take a picture and was denied

The price still blows me away, PM me for it and I’ll share!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GAMER SETUP:

22 minutes ago, lakecowboy said:

Proto 3 wood: Meh.  It’s a really good club, but it’s a Gen2 with a different feel/sound.  I didn’t see much improvement and had my best one with the Gen2 still.  I prefer the feedback/sound of the Proto, but to me that’s not worth an upgrade right now with Gen4 on the way

They are incredible, most forgiving blade I’ve ever hit.  We’re going around 5-7 yards shorter than the 0311T I play but I’m bent strong on the T’s.  I texted my fitter to ask what the loft difference was.  He got the pricing info for them while I was there, it’ll blow your mind how cheap this blade is and how easy to hit it is.  If you want to play a blade and currently play the T, you’ll jump all over this.  If you play a blade now you’ll want to jump all over these!  I hit them about 20 yards further than I hit the MP-20’s from Mizuno when I did a fitting for them.  They feel about as good as a Mizuno blade too and when I missed it wasn’t harsh.  I might be in love 🤣🤣🤣

Can you comment on the face depth on the Proto vs the Gen2. I blindly ordered a Proto as an upgrade from my TM M4 3 wood. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Can you comment on the face depth on the Proto vs the Gen2. I blindly ordered a Proto as an upgrade from my TM M4 3 wood. 

The face is deeper on the Proto a bit and the head is slightly larger than the Gen2

• Thanks 1

GAMER SETUP:

14 minutes ago, lakecowboy said:

The face is deeper on the Proto a bit and the head is slightly larger than the Gen2

Thanks. Hoping it is not as big as the new 0211 fairway. I was able to see the Gen2 vs 0211 heads. The 0211 was too big for my liking. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Does anyone know what the differences are going to be between the 0211ST and 0211FB?  It looks like Wyndham Clark’s FBs have screws in the lower part of the back, while the ST pictures I’ve seen look clean.  Are they both players’ profile, with the primary difference the screws?

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

29 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Thanks. Hoping it is not as big as the new 0211 fairway. I was able to see the Gen2 vs 0211 heads. The 0211 was too big for my liking. 

You’d have to compare them to even be able to tell and even then it’s tough between Gen2 and Proto!

GAMER SETUP:

1 hour ago, lakecowboy said:

No pics, epic fail man👎

1 minute ago, TheMoneyShot said:

No pics, epic fail man👎

I agree, but they look exactly like this and I was told No on pics because because they weren’t to on the site

9D212F24-4D49-4CCC-B596-20DA33017F1B.png

• Thanks 2

GAMER SETUP:

5 minutes ago, fpyle3 said:

Does anyone know what the differences are going to be between the 0211ST and 0211FB?  It looks like Wyndham Clark’s FBs have screws in the lower part of the back, while the ST pictures I’ve seen look clean.  Are they both players’ profile, with the primary difference the screws?

0211FB aren’t retail, one off Proto for WC

• Thanks 1

GAMER SETUP:

8 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

That is great news!!!  Did you order a set?

No I’m going to compare my Gen3T’s to the Gen4T’s and 0211ST’s

7i is 32* in 0211ST’s

• Like 1

GAMER SETUP:

4 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

When will we see the G4’s, 03/11?

That is the understanding by reps but it’s subject to change.  It sounded like their will be a big weight and 4 screws from what he said on Gen4’s which matches what someone else here heard from their fitter

GAMER SETUP: