PXG Gen 4 STICKS (Irons & Woods)... 2021

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are on the wrong site asking a question like that.  😂🤣

It's really not a PXG thread unless half the posts are by people who will never ever buy a PXG product

Just got home from my quick 30 minute fitting at PXG in Mesa for specs on my irons and rehit the Proto 5 wood. Perfect. Ordered it.   But.... got to hit the Gen4 P and it was crazy good for

Posted Images

If these 0211ST irons have a toe screw then they could be the cast 0211 replacement...or not as the cast 0211 iron could continue as a more GI iron with the ST and FB more players irons in the 0211 line.

Difficult to tell from the pics if that screw is there.  If so then they are the new 0211 forged cavity irons...much like the TM P770.

On the other hand, it could be built like 0211 cast iron which has no injection port but is a cavity with cor2 inside.

Seems odd to use the label ST as the 0311 ST IS a blade iron...milled too.

That means then the 0211 FB is likely the blade iron in the line and the one PXG Clark was playing.

So, looks like the 0211 cast, 0211 ST and 0211FB.

Edited by BirdieBob

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM2 RESCUE, 22*, Diamana Thump 105g X
TAYLORMADE P790 - 4, 5, 6, PX IO 6.5
CALLAWAY APEX 21 TOUR CB, 4 - GW, PX IO 6.5

CALLAWAY APEX 21 MB, 5 - GW, PX LS 6.5

CALLAWAY JAWS Forged Wedges, Chrome, 55/11C; 60/10C; PX LS 6.5

VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, DG TI x100; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

23 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

If these 0211ST irons have a toe screw then they could be the cast 0211 replacement.

Difficult to tell from the pics if that screw is there.  If so then they are the new 0211 forged cavity irons...much like the TM P770.

On the other hand, it could be built like 0211 cast iron which has no injection port but is a cavity with cor2 inside.

That means then the 0211 FB is likely the blade iron in the line and the one PXG Clark was playing.

I think the blade on blade in the toe takes the place of a toe screw for weight....or maybe it just looks cool

4 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

I think the blade on blade in the toe takes the place of a toe screw for weight....or maybe it just looks cool

I was thinking of a toe screw for cor injection but it appears they can place a layer of the cor2 or 3 inside without injection just like was done in  the 0211 cast iron.

Edited by BirdieBob

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, DG TI x100; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 

3 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

Gotcha...so maybe a weld between the face and body?

Yes they weld the face plate onto the body, but will have the cor material in place prior to that happening.

Not sure just how the cor is set in place when that happens.

32 minutes ago, Natural1 said:

Through the hosel?

Maybe!...but then plug the hole?

Whatever it is the same way as the current 0211 cast irons.

Probably a flexible piece of cor material is placed in the cavity and then when the face is placed over it for the welding it will compress that cor material.

PXG uses a very thin face plate, so by compressing the cor material it then becomes more supportive and provides some rebound to the face flex.

Edited by BirdieBob

11 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Perhaps.... But the guys who get physically upset about a new release on the heels of their latest and greatest purchase, oh man!!! All defensive and protective like, "No way, it's got to be some other line they're releasing...They better not be Gen4's..".

🤣

• Haha 1

TM 2016 M2 12* - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Cally Rogue X 18.5* 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5"

Vokey SM8 54.14F(2*weak), 60.10S(4*weak)

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

Perhaps.... But the guys who get physically upset about a new release on the heels of their latest and greatest purchase, oh man!!! All defensive and protective like, "No way, it's got to be some other line they're releasing...They better not be Gen4's..".

🤣

• Haha 1

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

🤣

• Haha 1

Oops! Browser malfunction, my bad!

49 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

Maybe!...but then plug the hole?

Whatever it is the same way as the current 0211 cast irons.

Probably a flexible piece of cor material is placed in the cavity and then when the face is placed over it for the welding it will compress that cor material.

PXG uses a very thin face plate, so by compressing the cor material it then becomes more supportive and provides some rebound to the face flex.

Obviously I'm just guessing, but yeah that makes sense. I guess it depends on the point in the process that makes the most sense to their engineers. There may be a meaningful cost component too. No clue.

I know a handful of people who have abandoned PXG for their never-ending sale and their new tendency to have a yearly release cycle like everyone else. Then again, I know even more people who have jumped on the bandwagon now that they're reasonably priced. They said at one point that they'll only release a replacement line when the performance is undoubtedly improved, but idk if they're going to adhere to that anymore with their never-ending sale going on. Their order numbers are way up, and they want to keep it that way.

Mavrik SZ TD - Diamana x'17 50S

PXG 0317x gen2 19* hybrid - MMT 80S
PXG 0211 4-SW - MMT 80S
Edison Forged 55*, 59* - MMT 105TX
Golo3 2014 - Pokéball weights
My swing: "something resembling a wet noodle" - My Boss.

If those 0211ST’s have any COR or forgiveness in them I’m all in, they look amazing.  If they are a true forged blade I’m out.  I’ve got some true blades and gaming them raises my handicap a lot!

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

Titleist TSi2 3W | Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke Black (Tip'd 1")

PXG Gen2 0341X 7W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow(Tip'd 1")

PXG Gen2 0311P Black 3i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

15 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

If these 0211ST irons have a toe screw then they could be the cast 0211 replacement...or not as the cast 0211 iron could continue as a more GI iron with the ST and FB more players irons in the 0211 line.

So what’s the difference between the ST and FB then? Surely it’s more than the screw weights. Is the FB hollow?

1 hour ago, Lefty87 said:

So what’s the difference between the ST and FB then? Surely it’s more than the screw weights. Is the FB hollow?

It appears that the FB is the "Forged Blade" and was being played by Wyndham Clark this past season.

The new photos are showing similar looking ST iron and it is likely a cavity iron with a blade like profile for the better player.

Edit:  That said, it could be that the FB (Forgiving Blade) is the cavity like blade and the ST(Super Tour, non milled blade) THE Blade.  The FB does have the screws so they are more needed with a cavity.

Regardless one will be cavity based and the other pure MB and both in better player profiles.

More interesting will be what happens to the 0211 Cast iron....will it be updated with Cor3 and enhanced?

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

It appears that the FB is the "Forged Blade" and was being played by Wyndham Clark this past season.

The new photos are showing similar looking ST iron and it is likely a cavity iron with a blade like profile for the better player.

Edit:  That said, it could be that the FB (Forgiving Blade) is the cavity like blade and the ST(Super Tour, non milled blade) THE Blade.  The FB does have the screws so they are more needed with a cavity.

Regardless one will be cavity based and the other pure MB and both in better player profiles.

More interesting will be what happens to the 0211 Cast iron....will it be updated with Cor3 and enhanced?

It will be interesting to see where they price the new FB/ST iron too. 

2 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

Thanks for the context. If this is true, it seems as though the 0211FB conflicts with the 0311T, as both would be a players’ hollow bodied iron with a smaller profile. I guess the question is, is there enough difference in price and performance to justify both offerings? Maybe the 0211FB is cast?

Edited by Lefty87
48 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

Thanks for the context. If this is true, it seems as though the 0211FB conflicts with the 0311T, as both would be a players’ hollow bodied iron with a smaller profile. I guess the question is, is there enough difference in price and performance to justify both offerings? Maybe the 0211FB is cast?

The 0211 line will be an "Econo" line and not have the impact reactor, milled backs like the 0311 line, etc.

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

what my guess was and someone on that IG post eluded to same thing

2 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

from pic the FB is forged and no TPE in it or hollow

On 12/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, ND2005 said:

Ah yes those up and comers like...

Gary Player? 

Pat Perez? 

Zach Johhnson?

I don't know what your point is.    Yes, they signed them some time ago, and many of them probably align with their target market at the time.  

Having done that and looking to grow it makes sense they might move to get a few younger ones.   Lydia Ko, for example.