2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Hoofers?

kro88

1 hour ago, ohitsluca said:

counterpoint: you can have a bag that is both balanced AND lighter

Supposedly that's the Craz-e Lite, though I have not tried it so I'm not sure it's as well balanced as the Hoofer Lite.  In addition there are trade offs as mentioned above (eg, less durable materials).  The Lite is perfect for what it is attempting to be imo (with the exception of the PING base that needs to be worked around, but it is what they are married to).

Edited by brew4eagle

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

It simply doesn't need to be any lighter.  I prefer carrying it vs a 2.5+ since it's just more comfortable even though it weighs about 2 lbs more.  I'm constantly having to fiddle with the balance of the bag/straps on the 2.5+.  Hoofer Lite is so comfortable you barely notice it's there.

Thought you said the 2.5+ straps were the best you’d had in the 2020 thread?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

3 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Thought you said the 2.5+ straps were the best you’d had in the 2020 thread?

I've gone back and forth for sure in the quest for the perfect bag, and the 2019 version of the 2.5+ is one of my favorite bags I've ever tried, but the 2020 Hoofer Lite has dethroned it.  Both are great bags, the Hoofer Lite is just a better experience when walking.  Took me several tries to realize this.  It finally sunk in for me when I realized I need to do absolutely nothing to the strap settings to perfectly balance the PING while carrying.  The 2.5+ is a trial and error experiment to say the least.  I got to the point where it was serviceable, but it was always a matter of messing with it while carrying.  On every hole.  Either is fine for a cart as the bag is much less of a factor for me when riding. 

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Not digging any of the colors

• Like 1

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

13 minutes ago, kro88 said:

Not digging any of the colors

Which colors are you looking at? I only see two new ones 

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

The link in the post above mine.  I see at least 4 new colors for the lite and 2 for the hoofer.  

I really just want a solid navy 

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

7 minutes ago, kro88 said:

The link in the post above mine.  I see at least 4 new colors for the lite and 2 for the hoofer.  

I really just want a solid navy 

Yea I don’t think that’s the extent of the new colors. I also messaged ping on Instagram and they said “they are launching this month” after those 2 colors had been released. Makes me think there’s more to come.

17 minutes ago, ryan84 said:

Yea I don’t think that’s the extent of the new colors. I also messaged ping on Instagram and they said “they are launching this month” after those 2 colors had been released. Makes me think there’s more to come.

There were 4 new Lite colors in the link iirc (slate/black, grey/black, some bright monstrosity, and Mr. PING)

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

On 1/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, Minarets said:

i still wish the Hoofer Lite was lighter.  maybe split the difference in the Craze Lite and Hootfer.  its almost a waste to call it lite when its .5 lbs lighter than the standard Hoofer.  a 3.5 would be perfect.  i know several have said the hoofer lite carries so well they dont mind the extra weight....that kinda has me back to considering one.  thought i was dead set on a Sun Mountain 2.5+ however i have never liked their straps or where they connect to the bag.

The Lite isn’t just about weight, it’s about having just enough pockets and features as well as a more streamlined profile compared to the regular Hoofer. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver
Ping G430 Max 3 and 5 Wood

Cobra RAD Speed 4 Hybrid 
Srixon ZX5, 5i-PW  
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 - 50, 55, 60
Odyssey 2Ball TEN Tour-Lined, White Hot insert

3 hours ago, madeinguam81 said:

The Lite isn’t just about weight, it’s about having just enough pockets and features as well as a more streamlined profile compared to the regular Hoofer. 

More streamlined and just the right amount of pockets should equal less weight imo.  Less that .5 lb. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

There were 4 new Lite colors in the link iirc (slate/black, grey/black, some bright monstrosity, and Mr. PING)

Sorry, I was speaking specifically in regards to the standard hoofer.

7 hours ago, Minarets said:

More streamlined and just the right amount of pockets should equal less weight imo.  Less that .5 lb. 

Instead of focusing on how it compares to the regular Hoofer, maybe look at it as one of the lightest bags of this profile/construction type?  It actually weighs exactly 5 lbs whereas most bags that claim to weigh 5 lbs are weighing the bag without the straps and rainhood.  The Sun Mountain 3.5LS is the only other bag I can think of that has a similar set up and is fairly ruggedly built (not as rugged as the Hoofer Lite imo), it comes in at about 4.25 lbs so a bit lighter than the Hoofer Lite, but it's nowhere close to being as comfortable on the back/shoulders and it isn't as slim looking either. 

Bags that dip into the sub 4 lb range definitely aren't as rugged feeling, and I haven't used one that balances like the Hoofer.  This isn't necessarily due to the light weight though.  I haven't tried the Craz-e Lite, it could be balanced on the shoulders/back, but I'd be hesitant of the collapsible Hoofer base with the lighter weight materials.

• Like 2

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I can see the white craz-e-lite in my future to compare to my K1-LO.  How much club tangle vs better material...

Edited by goheels11

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

On 12/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, kro88 said:

Think you gotta play with it.  I did that on my craze lite.

also i really want this bag 

7B83CD81-9736-4560-9E23-41FFAB7BE503.jpeg

I’d love this bag in retail, but haven’t seen it in any of the links yet...

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

2 hours ago, goheels11 said:

I can see the white craz-e-lite in my future to compare to my K1-LO.  How much club tangle vs better material...

For what it’s worth, I just ordered both bags last week to compare them and the club tangle on the ping was horrible. Seemed like a slightly smaller top, and the dividers look full length but the very bottom is completely open and I think that contributed to the tangle I was having. 

I like the look of the PING more but the K1-lo was the better bag for me

3 hours ago, goheels11 said:

I thought when you had the PING last year you thought there was a lot more club tangle versus the Mizuno. 

49 minutes ago, Minarets said:

I thought when you had the PING last year you thought there was a lot more club tangle versus the Mizuno. 

I did.   Constant battle of looks VS function. 😂 

• Like 1

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

22 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

I did.   Constant battle of looks VS function. 😂 

Went yesterday to look at a black SM 2021 2.5+ and they only had 2020 still but they had some eco lite bags.  I put them side by side to the 2.5+ and there isn’t that much weight difference but some.  The top is the same. The straps are way better on eco lite. Maybe an all black eco lite is the play?   Only thing I don’t like on it is the right pockets.  The “larger garmet pocket” on the right is half the size and the valuables pocket is on the top half of it. 

Edited by Minarets

54 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Went yesterday to look at a black SM 2021 2.5+ and they only had 2020 still but they had some eco lite bags.  I put them side by side to the 2.5+ and there isn’t that much weight difference but some.  The top is the same. The straps are way better on eco lite. Maybe an all black eco lite is the play?   Only thing I don’t like on it is the right pockets.  The “larger garmet pocket” on the right is half the size and the valuables pocket is on the top half of it. 

The ecolite is likely better balanced on the back vs 2.5 due to it's strap system.  What I think I've figured out is that the Hoofer Lite is so stable on the back because of the 'puck' system pictured below.  The puck is not free to move about except for a few inches on just 1 of the straps and so the bag will not teeter totter on the the shoulders like the Sun Mtn 'puck' (also pictured below) which is free to move the full way in either direction on both straps.  The 3.5LS and 2.5+ would always allow the bottom of the bag to tip down while walking and I'd have to keep pulling it back up and shimmy the shoulder straps, constantly.  It wouldn't just ride there in a comfortable spot unless you held onto it somewhere; very annoying.  The Hoofer Lite just holds its angle perfectly with the club heads about 10 to 15* above the base and it just doesn't move at all, perfection.  Now, I never liked the EZ Fit on the Sun Mtn as it sucked for single strap short carries and was hard to adjust for a good fit.  I could see the ecolite system as a good hybrid of the x strap and ez fit.

Screenshot_20210109-143815_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-143703_Chrome.jpg

Edited by brew4eagle

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

17 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

Breweagle, how does your 2020 hoofer lite compare to the 16-17 4 series you had?

the good years were 2010/11, 14/15, 16/17. The 2012/13 ones I didn’t really care for, same with 18/19. I still use a 14/15 4 series 

I really liked the 16/17 4 series.  I think the 20-21 is very similar to the 16/17.  Straps and puck are an improvement on the 20-21, but I prefer the water bottle pocket on the 16-17.  Cart strap tunnel is a big plus on the 20-21 as well.  20-21 also has a very useful mesh pocket and key clip inside the apparel pocket, I don't remember the 16-17 having that, but not sure.

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

59 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I really liked the 16/17 4 series.  I think the 20-21 is very similar to the 16/17.  Straps and puck are an improvement on the 20-21, but I prefer the water bottle pocket on the 16-17.  Cart strap tunnel is a big plus on the 20-21 as well.  20-21 also has a very useful mesh pocket and key clip inside the apparel pocket, I don't remember the 16-17 having that, but not sure.

Thanks

I should clarify on the 18/19 bags, they just didn’t have any good colors and the ping design on the apparel pocket sucked, tiny ping letters and some weird design. Other than that they were a good bags. I think the 18/19 standard hoofer looks better than the new 20/21 hoofer, don’t like the smaller font on the apparel pocket of either though. That is what has been hurting the ping bags lately, lack of good color schemes and apparel pocket font/design.

My most favorite one was my 2010/11 ping 4 under, very attractive bag in great color schemes. Had the royal/white one. 

7 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

Thanks

I should clarify on the 18/19 bags, they just didn’t have any good colors and the ping design on the apparel pocket sucked, tiny ping letters and some weird design. Other than that they were a good bags. I think the 18/19 standard hoofer looks better than the new 20/21 hoofer, don’t like the smaller font on the apparel pocket of either though. That is what has been hurting the ping bags lately, lack of good color schemes and apparel pocket font/design.

My most favorite one was my 2010/11 ping 4 under, very attractive bag in great color schemes. Had the royal/white one. 

I agree on the looks of the 18-19 range and the new Hoofer.  My favorite looking Hoofer was the 16-17.  Overall, the 20-21 Hoofer Lite is my favorite for functionality and looks, but there are some strange color choices still.  The heathered grey fabric has a premium look up close.  If I didn't already have the red/navy/heather I'd have a tough time deciding between it and the black/heather.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

36 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I agree on the looks of the 18-19 range and the new Hoofer.  My favorite looking Hoofer was the 16-17.  Overall, the 20-21 Hoofer Lite is my favorite for functionality and looks, but there are some strange color choices still.  The heathered grey fabric has a premium look up close.  If I didn't already have the red/navy/heather I'd have a tough time deciding between it and the black/heather.

hopefully, they drop some one offs in 2021 with larger Ping font on apparel pocket like the 20 Hawaiian hoofer lite and the 19 all American hoofer lite.

OSU golf team had one of the coolest ones I’ve seen with orange camo. If they put that color option out to public, would sell out very fast but that will never happen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

hopefully, they drop some one offs in 2021 with larger Ping font on apparel pocket like the 20 Hawaiian hoofer lite and the 19 all American hoofer lite.

OSU golf team had one of the coolest ones I’ve seen with orange camo. If they put that color option out to public, would sell out very fast but that will never happen.

I agree the PING logo looks better on the Hawaii version than the regular. 

2 hours ago, carrier street said:

I'm just crossing my fingers that they do an all white with black piping/logos regular Hoofer.

You can get this done quite easily by ordering custom Hoofers.  You have to order a minimum quantity of 3 but I wouldn't think you'd have a hard time finding two more people to go in on it with you.

I've done it and am really happy with the results.  Turnaround time was several months so don't expect them right away.  

https://www.mortongolfsales.com/PING-Build-Your-Own-Bag-p/ping-byob.htm

Ping G425 Max Driver
Ping G430 Max 3 and 5 Wood

Cobra RAD Speed 4 Hybrid 
Srixon ZX5, 5i-PW  
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 - 50, 55, 60
Odyssey 2Ball TEN Tour-Lined, White Hot insert