MEMBER REVIEWS: Titleist TSi Driver Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

56591038_ScreenShot2020-12-01at7_44_06AM.jpg.fa18c9a19b1338e921fc18e697646c4b.jpg

The Titleist TSi drivers are some of the hottest on tour right now and most talked about here by you members! We are lucky to have six members reviewing the new drivers and ready to report back to you here with what they are finding. Please feel free to ask these members any questions you might have on the new Titleist TSi drivers, they will be happy to answer. The testers are...

@Nixhex524

@prudy1006

@cota0429

@CasualLie

@GolfWithdrawals

@ebk

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Titleist for putting on this testing event! Make sure to check out more on the Titleist TSi woods HERE!

• Like 2

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you GolfWRX and Titleist for the wonderful opportunity to test their new TSi drivers.  I will be testing the Tsi2, Tsi3 vs my current gamer TM SIM.  My SIM is going to be hard to beat as it’s pr

Just got off trackman with the tsi3.  Last 3 shots from the day... not bad for a 44 yo with 108 mph swing.  Needless to say, I'm loving this driver!!   

Additional Thoughts added - 12/18/2020   First off, a big thank you to all the folks at Titleist, GolfWRX, and Greg Neujahr PGA Director of Golf at Champions Run.   A bit about mys

Posted Images

Congrats gents. Looking forward to the reviews. It’s getting more difficult by the day to hold off for the other OEM’s releases. 

Cobra Rad Speed Peacoat 9°, HZRDUS RDX Blue 6s
Titleist TSI2 15°, HZRDUS RDX Black 7s
Callaway XR Pro 20°, Project X LZ s
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50° & 56° SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60° TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

4 hours ago, cota0429 said:

Thank you GolfWRX and Titleist for the wonderful opportunity to test their new TSi drivers.  I will be testing the Tsi2, Tsi3 vs my current gamer TM SIM.  My SIM is going to be hard to beat as it’s pretty optimal.  I will continue to add content as the weeks go on with testing.  Titleist was nice enough to arrange a fitting at TPI for me.  

I will post in detail the comparisons of my fitting and also the shafts we tried as well.  I am gathering all the trackman data...

Dang that looks like a fun experience. I'm jealous 😂😂

Thank you GolfWRX and Titleist for this awesome opportunity!  I have entered many of these testing review giveaways and didn't think I'd ever get chosen as a tester. Persistence paid off!  I was so pumped when I received the message from knudson81. I gave my specs to Eric Soderstrom on 11/23 so hopefully I will have the TSi2 in my hands soon. Until then, here is a taste of what's to come. 

A bit of background: I am 37 and have a 4 month old daughter, so I'm not getting to play as much as I'd like. Fortunately, I am one of those players who is always working on his swing, so it's constantly changing anyways. My father is a class A pro and was actually on staff with Titleist for many years. I have been playing golf since I could walk. As a kid I played in the summer with friends but that's about it, no AJGA or anything. I played tennis on scholarship in college and rarely played any golf. I really fell in love with the game around age 30 and haven't looked back. A couple years ago I was at a +1 handicap, then I got married, hurt my shoulder and couldn't play for a few months. I haven't shot under par in 20 months and my current handicap is a 1.5. I have lost a lot of consistency with my driver, probably due to not playing/practicing as much and constant swing changes. I always feel like I'm close to finding "it", but have yet to do so.  I was fit for my 917D3 by Titleist a few years ago at one of their Titleist Thursdays, which are awesome by the way. My swing has changed some since then, but the 917D3 setup performs well when I hit it good. Unfortunately, I don't hit it flush very often. Anyways, on to the fitting. 

Unfortunately, there were no Titleist fittings in my area anytime soon and the fitter closest to me was booked for awhile. I went to PGA superstore and got one of their free driver fittings. I compared the TSi2 & 3 to my current Titleist 917D3(See Driver Specs in my signature). The PGA fitter only put me in 2 different shafts for the TSi2 and 1 shaft for the TSi3, so it wasn't the most in depth fitting.  The TSi2 was the clear winner for the PGA fitter when looking at the numbers. I will be testing the TSi2 9.0 with a HZRDUS RDX Smoke 6.0 60g shaft. The TSi3 was producing too much spin with the same shaft and the fitter didn't see the need to try any other shafts, or maybe his shaft options were limited. Either way, I was liking the TSi2 more anyway, as it was so much more forgiving (Not surprisingly) than the TSi3 and my 917D3. In the past, I didn't care for the more forgiving option, such as the 917D2, as I didn't like the way the head looked at address and I didn't really need the forgiveness. The aesthetics at address were so much better to my eye than in the past and gave me more confidence.  The TSi2 felt great and I didn't want to stop hitting it.  I switched back and forth between it and my 917D3 to try and get the most accurate comparison. The two drivers weren't too far apart looking at the numbers.  My current setup consistently produced lower spin numbers, but at times were too low. The spin numbers were more consistent and in a good range with the TSi2. My dispersion was tighter with the TSi2 and the feel off the face was so much better. The increased forgiveness was obvious to me. Distance was similar, but I think the TSi2 was more consistent. My farthest drive with the TSi2 was 5-10 yards longer than my farthest drive with my current setup. Hopefully these improvements translate to the course when the driver comes in. 

More to come once the driver arrives and the real testing begins. 

Im back! So, I contacted Eric last week and on Thursday he let me know that my order had gotten caught up in the system somehow and that I would receive the driver within 1-2 weeks, but they were trying to get it to me ASAP. To my surprise, the driver shows up the very next day! It made my Friday, despite having a miserable trip to the dentist.  

1CB7DC6E-E5D1-4C7D-8407-C25A0C2A2190.jpeg

79529F83-D815-4B23-9C90-CD1E829E35B3.jpeg

D99BE972-A9BF-49AC-B655-737333C6BD4B.jpeg

E16174CD-F60C-4756-B7A1-23EEFC0FD03E.jpeg

C9820CEF-5C4B-4B2E-8B7E-EE600512A9C7.jpeg

F2FC8A55-A29B-4A2F-AC39-770EDDA222E6.jpeg

ECD2DB2B-4F67-4B6A-9C4C-B2171F692E5C.jpeg

First Impressions: I was quickly reminded what a beautiful club this is. I thought my 917D3 was a great looking club, and it is, but in my opinion the TSi line looks even better aesthetically. I really like the small TSi logo as the alignment aid. I've always believed less is more when it comes to style. The TSi2 head shape is so much more pleasing to look at than the previous models, in my opinion. Even the bottom of the club looks sleek. I think Titleist hit this one out of the park aesthetically. I'll also add, the HZRDUS RDX Smoke shaft looks great with the head. 

Now to the fun part... 

6A16EBEA-5BC1-47DF-9EA3-876867031D49.jpeg

Luckily, I already had a tee time scheduled for Sunday to play in a skins game I play in whenever the wife will let me. Unfortunately, I hadn't swung a club in 3 weeks and it showed in my game. I played some of the worst golf I've played in awhile. My swing felt like an unfolded lawn chair and I spent the whole round messing with my swing, just trying to find something comfortable. My dad was playing in my group as well and I got him to give me a quick 1 minute lesson somewhere on the back 9. I was desperate for a swing thought that would work. He highly recommended that I wait for the range to try these swing changes, but I just couldn't help myself. I also don't have much time for practice, so I have to practice while I play. It certainly isn't ideal. So, back to the TSi2. Despite swinging terribly all day, it didn't hurt me at all on my drives. Despite feeling like I made bad swings on 6 of the 9 drives I hit, the results were very good. Those 6 bad swings produced drives that were just as good, if not better, than good swings with my 917D3. The feel off the face was great no matter how bad of a swing I thought I made. As you can see in the pic above, the ball just seemed to find the center of the face, or close to it. This is the complete opposite of what I experience with my 917D3, where I rarely hit it flush. I should add that the weather I played in Sunday was much cooler than normal, so the ball wasn't flying as far as normal. That wasn't the case with the driver, and perhaps that was why I was leaving all of my iron shots short all day. Now about those 3 drives that weren't bad swings... These 3 drives came after my quick lesson and despite not feeling comfortable at all, I hit 3 absolute bombs. These 3 drives went at least 20- 30 yards further than my best drives with my 917D3. On one hole, I was in a new area code..  I was in an area that I hadn't sniffed before, even in the summer time. This driver just feels so good and has already boosted my confidence on the tee. As far as the sound goes, I didn't really notice it. That doesn't mean it was muted, but rather, it was just pleasing to my ears to the point I didn't really pay attention to it. I can't wait to swing this club again. I highly recommend the TSi2 driver, as it is the best driver I've ever hit. I don't switch drivers that often, in fact, I think I've played 3 drivers over the past 16 years. The TSi2 has officially kicked my 917D3 out of the bag. 

Again, thanks so much GolfWRX and Titleist for this incredible opportunity. This opportunity and specific driver came at such a great time for me, as I was really struggling in that part of my game. I can't wait to get this baby back on the course. 

I was so excited to write this review and might have missed some talking points, so please feel free to ask me any questions. 

Thanks, 

GolfWithdrawals 

Edited by GolfWithdrawals
  • Like 3

It seems that after fittings, a good majority of the testers went with the 2.  Yet in the other TSI thread, the 3 seems like the overwhelming choice.  I haven't been fit however I've hit them both.  The dispersion on the 2 was tighter compared to the 3.  

• Like 2

Cobra Rad Speed Peacoat 9°, HZRDUS RDX Blue 6s
Titleist TSI2 15°, HZRDUS RDX Black 7s
Callaway XR Pro 20°, Project X LZ s
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50° & 56° SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60° TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

46 minutes ago, jas904 said:

It seems that after fittings, a good majority of the testers went with the 2.  Yet in the other TSI thread, the 3 seems like the overwhelming choice.  I haven't been fit however I've hit them both.  The dispersion on the 2 was tighter compared to the 3.  

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think after some time people will find the 3 to be quite a bit less forgiving than even the TS3.  It is a beautiful looking driver, the TSi3, but I found mis hits to be pretty bad while the TSi2 was pretty darn good all over the face.  Also, the TSi3 seemed to be pretty low spin so there may be a crowd for it but I think the TSi2 will benefit more people overall.

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10.5* PX HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 60g

Ping G425 Max 14.5* Alta CB 65x

Ping G425 19* Aldila Rogue black 95ts

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52, 56, 60 AWT 

Ping Anser Milled 2

1 hour ago, jas904 said:

I’ve said this in a couple threads before.  At my fittimg the rep said he had people who previously were fit into the TS3 be fit into the TSi2 this time.  Mostly due to spin and launch. 

• Like 1

:smilie_titty: TSi2 10.5 GD IZ5 
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if only a small percentage (but that is still a large absolute number) of folks are better off with the 3.  But those that are may have a significant "wow factor" after trying it.  It is (at least in my fitting) quite different from the 2.  If one can optimize the 3, I think they will be very, very pleased.  Notwithstanding what I just said, the 2 seems way more forgiving.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ebk said:

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if only a small percentage (but that is still a large absolute number) of folks are better off with the 3.  But those that are may have a significant "wow factor" after trying it.  It is (at least in my fitting) quite different from the 2.  If one can optimize the 3, I think they will be very, very pleased.  Notwithstanding what I just said, the 2 seems way more forgiving.

Way forgiving.  You can hit it all over the place 

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

no question to me on the forgiveness of the 2 vs. 3.  I currently play the SIM driver so I was going in targeting the 3.  I just couldn't give up how forgiving the 2.  

• Like 2

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

Horrible driving round today, all me.  Swing is garbage but I did figure it out down the stretch.  My misses with the TSi2 arent all that bad considering my poor swings but when I do put a good swing on it, man, this thing bombs it!  My buddy bought himself a G400 Max after I was outdriving him with mine before the TSi2, and now I'm putting it by his Max with the TSi2...LOL   

Noting again that the few I did completely center with this driver feel like nutting a forged iron.  Love it.  Need to hit more of them out of the middle.  LOL

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2

I bought a TSi3 9* without even trying it (adjusted to 8.25* to get into my preferred launch window)and simply put in my usual shaft. I unboxed it and went straight to the course and it's hands down my favorite Titleist to date. I don't switch drivers often. I had a 910 D3 from launch until the 915 D3 that I bought used early 2015. I had a brief stint with the 917 D3 (one year, sorry Titleist) and went back to my 915. So to me, it really felt like I only owned two over the past 10 years. Best feeling "3" variant i've hit. I've hit all the D3 variants since 910. However, I still think the 910 D2 sounds the best.

Edited by MB Dirtyy
a word
  • Like 2

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

Time to pull up a chair and some popcorn.  Looking forward to reading all the reviews.  This is on my short list for 2021. 

• Like 2

Mavrik  8.8* Single Diamond - AutoFlex SF505XX shaft 

TM Sim2 Rocket- AutoFlex SF505X
Callaway Super Hybrid- Ventus Black 9TX or depending on course and conditions 
3i Honma MMT 105TX
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-GW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 56*
Vokey SM8 60* LW
Callaway Exo 7S Stability Tour Shaft, 35inch

Grabbed the TSi2 15* today...  I have been loving my 917f2 but if this TSi is as good on the course as it was in the store, it will be an easy full time replacement.

TSi2 fw bottom.jpg

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2

So I got my TSI2 16.5 in Tensei AV 75 Raw White X delivered today.  Ordered directly through Titleist on 11/29 so only took a week.  Was expecting longer.  Got it cut .5 with MCC 4+ grip in Red.  Pretty stock so they probably had everything.  Also lefty.  Now we'll see how long it takes for the driver which was ordered through the store.  

• Like 1

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

1 hour ago, Nixhex524 said:

Grabbed the TSi2 15* today...  I have been loving my 917f2 but if this TSi is as good on the course as it was in the store, it will be an easy full time replacement.

TSi2 fw bottom.jpg

Interested to hear how this works for you. The only club with more tenor than my prior driver is the 4 wood and based on my experience with the TSI2 I’ve started looking at the fairways as well.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, prudy1006 said:

Interested to hear how this works for you. The only club with more tenor than my prior driver is the 4 wood and based on my experience with the TSI2 I’ve started looking at the fairways as well.

I will get it out for a few rounds later this week.  I hit a few demo combos in the bay at the store.  A 16.5 with Tensei Raw Blue was good, very straight, but not much distance.  I hit the TSi3 with the Tensei Raw 75x and it was a cannon, but I could tell I wasn't hitting it as well as the TSi2 so I opted for the 15* 2 with the Tensei Raw White 75s.  I am looking forward to this one big time, I love the face on this thing.

• Like 4

Ping Anser Milled 2

3 hours ago, prudy1006 said:

Just curious do you mean tenure or like the sound (tenor)? If it's the sound, I'd be interested in what you found about these new woods. I'm a sucker for good sounding woods.

@cota0429What do you think attributed to your increase in swing speed with the TSi3? Did you go back to SIM at all in between changes to the TSi3?

TM SIM 9* Aldila Rogue White 70TX 
TM M3 15* Aldila Tour Blue 95TX
TM P790 3, 2014 MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG T.I. X100
TM MG 52, 56 Hi-Toe 60 DG T.I. Onyx S400
TM Spider Tour Black

11 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

I will get it out for a few rounds later this week.  I hit a few demo combos in the bay at the store.  A 16.5 with Tensei Raw Blue was good, very straight, but not much distance.  I hit the TSi3 with the Tensei Raw 75x and it was a cannon, but I could tell I wasn't hitting it as well as the TSi2 so I opted for the 15* 2 with the Tensei Raw White 75s.  I am looking forward to this one big time, I love the face on this thing.

Great reviews, glad to hear you found a FW too.  I think people who can narrow in on their new TSi drivers quickly, might walk out of their fittings with  a FW as well.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

16 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

TSi2 fw bottom.jpg

I have a 917f2 13.5 deg and its the best 3 wood I've ever had. I love it. However, after hitting the Tsi2 driver, I'm going to have to try the 3 wood. 

• Like 1

Apologies for jumping in, not part of test group.  I'll keep it brief.  Tsi3 driver was better in every way than my TS3(both fitted by Titleist, TS3 also beat all comers at Club Champion fitting early 2020).  Also ordered the TSi3 5w unexpectedly, as the new FW's are really good.  .  

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1