2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Titleist TSi Driver Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

4 hours ago, GolfWithdrawals said:

I have a 917f2 13.5 deg and its the best 3 wood I've ever had. I love it. However, after hitting the Tsi2 driver, I'm going to have to try the 3 wood. 

I have been gaming the 917f2 16.5 and it has been great, but I could not get the "new fww" bug out of my mind so I pulled the trigger after hitting a few in the store yesterday.  It feels like I can really hit the ball clean off the ground, I am hoping this translates outdoors.  

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Update :  I did not get to play this week, but had another range session.  It took me a while to get comfortable looking at the driver, set at A4.  It just looked closed.  Well, Titleist posted (I think in the Team Titleist section?) on their site that one can get the square face if one is careful about one soles the club (I am paraphrasing).  So, I went to range and hit a few.  Still turning over more than I'm used to (for decades I have hit a pretty much straight ball). 

So, I first went to C4 setting (flatter lie) and it felt better (playing hockey all my life I always have used flatter lie sticks than most folks, and I play my irons 1.5 - 2 degrees flat as well).  Next, I set the head to A1 (standard everything) and the ball went pretty much straight, a little leftish but not as high nor as far.  I took note of how club head looked at address, then...

I set it flat.  Better strikes, still pretty straight.  Not as far as with higher loft.

Then I set it to C4 - higher loft and flat (I was fitted for A4 - higher loft, standard lie).  Bingo!  Making sure at address the club head appeared more square seemed to help me.  They were going straight and far (for me) with good roll out. 

I think as with many of us, a new driver just takes a little getting used to.  I am very, very happy so far.  Looking forward to playing Monday.  More to come.

Also happy to answer any questions.

Oh, and after raving to my buddy about the driver, he went out and bought one yesterday.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, wmblake2000 said:

Anyone get the Tsi 2 who had played Ping G400 (or 410) Max? Would love to hear how these two faced off.

Interesting you should ask.... I just got back from 3 days in Palm Springs where we played PGA West Stadium course Friday, then the Nicklaus course the past two days.  I brought the TSi2 driver and fww, but figured I would also bring my previous gamer G400 Max.  In testing and the fitting, the TSi2 was a little faster and longer.  

I will say this.  Out of the gate, I loved the TSi2.  That love is fading.  I had a hard time finding the fairway on Friday (to be fair, the Stadium course is pretty brutal), but on a course that requires accuracy, the TSi2 just wasn't doing it.  I went back to my G400 Max for the next round at the Nicklaus track and found it to be much easier to hit where I wanted.  Those courses are tough, the greens are amazing but are basically concrete right now so hitting to the green from anything other than the fairway is almost a guaranteed no GIR.  That said, the TSi2 IS longer, no doubt.  The sound is great, the feel is great but I am having a hard time dialing it in as easy as I can my G400 Max.  I am going to give it some more time though as I am having trouble with most clubs lately so it could very well be me not getting it's full potential.  

Below are some pics of PGA West for viewing pleasure...  The courses are awesome but seeing the Stadium in person really makes you realize how good the PGA Tour players are.  You REALLY have to be on your game and in control of your golf ball... overall great experience as the staff was extremely friendly (outside of the restaurant area) and the courses are just top notch.  We got some beautiful weather and I would highly recommend it overall... I am sure we will be going back.

8 at Nicklaus.jpg

9 at stadium.jpg

10 at stadium.jpg

15 at Nicklaus.jpg

18 at Nicklaus tee.jpg

18 at Nicklaus.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

5 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Interesting you should ask.... I just got back from 3 days in Palm Springs where we played PGA West Stadium course Friday, then the Nicklaus course the past two days.  I brought the TSi2 driver and fww, but figured I would also bring my previous gamer G400 Max.  In testing and the fitting, the TSi2 was a little faster and longer.  

I will say this.  Out of the gate, I loved the TSi2.  That love is fading.  I had a hard time finding the fairway on Friday (to be fair, the Stadium course is pretty brutal), but on a course that requires accuracy, the TSi2 just wasn't doing it.  I went back to my G400 Max for the next round at the Nicklaus track and found it to be much easier to hit where I wanted.  Those courses are tough, the greens are amazing but are basically concrete right now so hitting to the green from anything other than the fairway is almost a guaranteed no GIR.  That said, the TSi2 IS longer, no doubt.  The sound is great, the feel is great but I am having a hard time dialing it in as easy as I can my G400 Max.  I am going to give it some more time though as I am having trouble with most clubs lately so it could very well be me not getting it's full potential.  

Below are some pics of PGA West for viewing pleasure...  The courses are awesome but seeing the Stadium in person really makes you realize how good the PGA Tour players are.  You REALLY have to be on your game and in control of your golf ball... overall great experience as the staff was extremely friendly (outside of the restaurant area) and the courses are just top notch.  We got some beautiful weather and I would highly recommend it overall... I am sure we will be going back.

Great input, thanks.  I am getting fitted for TSi2 next week.  I had thought I'd keep the G400 Max for just the reasons you describe and what you describe is kind of what I had thought. The only little surprise is the TSi2 reminds me a little at address of a Wishon 919THI which was very forgiving but not real long, but that's not what I am hearing about how the TSi2 plays. 

I played Stadium Course a few times in 2019, but never the Nicklaus.  I enjoyed it, too.  I didn't find the rough too often, but then, again, I was playing the 400Max!  

Edited by wmblake2000
Readability!
  • Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Update:  I have been kind of sidelined with an injury in my left hand.  I put the TSi3 in play for a qualifier right away and was striping it on the range.  What I seen in the fitting translated to the practice range.  The only thing I noticed was the shaft is a little too soft for my liking in competition.  When adrenaline gets going the XC feels a little soft at impact.  I have another XC coming that is tipped an inch vs the one they sent me tipped 1/2.  Titleist tips all their "premium" shafts 1/2.  But if your swing speed is over 110 like mine you might want to request tipped at least 1 inch.  GD tipped 1 inch will play like an untipped TX version of Mitsubishi Chemical according to the GD rep.  Really getting used to the sound of the TSi3.  It sounds different than anything else I have played.  I wouldn't say it is my favorite sound but I do like it.  Really think hotmelting would do some wonders and make it sound even better.  I like the sound of the TSi3 over my SIM.  Back to the qualifier.  First hole of the tournament I felt an extreme sharp pain in transition and knew I injured myself pretty bad (old age).  But I didn't want to leave my 4ball partner hanging so I played through the pain all day.  I could barely get the clubface on the ball and the TSi3 so it was quite a day to test it.  The TSi3 is pretty forgiving.  I hit some of the worst drives I could have and the ball managed to not stray too far off course.  I would rate it as a little more forgiving than my SIM.  My fitter explained that the movable weight really does well when positioned in line with your miss.  For me I miss on the heel so that is where I have the movable weight positioned.  Highly recommended.  My hand is about a week away from feeling really good so I will be able to do a little more testing and come to a conclusion how if it stays in the bag or not.  But from what I am seeing, Titleist has made a driver that no doubt competes with anything on the market.  It will be great for the loyalist and those who haven't really ventured into the Titleist line.  If there was a negative to say about the driver is that it is a little "simple looking" and a litter harder to "line up" than my SIM.  I prefer the shape of the Titleist, but I prefer how easy it is to line up the SIM.  Side note I have a Ventus Black coming...looking at the data and how soft the XC felt on the range.  I might loft up and like the Ventus combo better.  

Edited by cota0429
  • Like 1

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Nice pics of the Stadium Course...Hopefully the conditions are better than when I played a few months ago.  It was pretty trashy and highly disappointing. 

Edited by cota0429

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

10 hours ago, cota0429 said:

Nice pics of the Stadium Course...Hopefully the conditions are better than when I played a few months ago.  It was pretty trashy and highly disappointing. 

It was nice, no complaints but I'm only comparing it to what I am used to playing which isnt saying much  LOL   I thought the condition was good, it was just tough.  Barely a flat spot on the course and you just can't miss or you are penalized... so for my group of friends and me, it was a bit of a grind... managed to shoot 84 from the blue tees which wasn't too bad considering I had no idea what to expect.  I am planning on getting back out there though in the near future.  Hope the hand heals up and you can start really putting that TSi3 to use!

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Anyone compare TSi3 vs EFSZ TD?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

side not the TSi2 fairways are stupid easy to hit and the new Prov 1x ball is great.  Feels a lot better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

001 TW Proto

I think the point of the toe strikes being very forgiving is spot on.  I have hit a bunch from there and have been pleasantly surprised as to how good those shots end up.  

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

On 12/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, wmblake2000 said:

Anyone get the Tsi 2 who had played Ping G400 (or 410) Max? Would love to hear how these two faced off.

I have committed to waiting for all the new releases for a new driver fit, note the G410+ has been in my bag since it's release. It barely beat out the SIM and the Speed Zone during this years fitting, but with a new shaft it just performs. I hit fairways and it more comes down to my own consistency with power output.

I have already been toying with the new stuff as it comes out and I honestly agree with what most are saying Tsi2 vs. Tsi3 and some observations I've had with the Tsi2 vs. the G410+.

First, I think the clubhead is heavier in the 2 vs. the 3. For me, I get the feeling of a heavy club (which is why I love the TS fairways) and it makes it easy to hit the ball well. The 2 isn't exponentially faster than the 410+, but it does retain speed better across the face better. It's kind of weird that I almost feel like I get more out of the Tsi2 not trying to swing fast versus going all out. I know we often complain about there being a point where drivers just give more output once you get a certain level of fast, but the Tsi2 feels like the opposite. I feel like it's going to kill with the "average" golfer.

Again, however, when I go for top end speed it isn't really all that special even if it admittedly sounds and feels AMAZING. My G410+ is still faster and easier to go all out at knowing the ball will always be playable.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

On 12/15/2020 at 6:17 PM, CasualLie said:

Update time!  Just got off the course and now 7 rounds into the TSi2.  In the earlier post, the summary after 2 rounds:

1. Great looks

2. Feel fast off the face

3. Sound in between Mavrk and Flash, close to Mavrk

4. Friendly on the misses towards the toe

5. Picked up between 5 - 7 yards

Now this was with the Tensei AV Blue RAW SFW 55 S from Titleist.  I played that shaft for two rounds while waiting for a Fuji EVO I ordered.

I played all of this year, 40+ rounds with the Callaway Mavrk 10.5 with Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX.  With my 95-97 mph swing speed, that's arguably way too much shaft for me.  I can write another long thread about fitting and feel, as much science as we have, golf being played mostly between the ears can often throw science on its head.  For example, Club Champion fit me into the Tensei, psychologically I went with it, bought all into it.  Played the shaft in my Rogue, then in the Mavrk.  I've had by best 18 months of tee shots.  I will play occasionally with a guy who should have been on the mini tour, he's younger, taller, way stronger, and smokes the ball 300 no problem.  I put his driver in my hand, and he is telling me to hit it, he hates the shaft, wants to know if I will take it.  I laugh and say no way I can hit club.  It feels heavy, and crazy stiff.

Then I go get fit for the TSI2 at Cool Clubs.  The guy takes one look at my Driver and he's thinking what the heck are you doing hitting the Pro Orange TX!  It freqs at 7.0, sw D8, and 251 cpm.  I am thinking, are your machines broken???  Sure the driver seems much when I am not warmed up, but I have been hitting it really well.  Maybe I like the counter balance???

So then I take out my opposite end of the spectrum spare shaft Kuro Kage 60 something gram S flex, light and feels speedy.  The fitter says go play that for a week or so, then come back and do the Titleist fitting.  So that became my baseline.  And here is how the fitting summed up:

TSi2.jpg.7ace88f71ce057c219a5d1a5dd316cea.jpg

So as you can see, the Mavrk I tend to lose a little on the right.  I get a push in there, and it just drops out of the sky, and I lose some yards.  A few dead center and decent yards, but I am like 50-50 on consistency.  The things you learn to compensate for on familiar courses.

I am using golf stats coach app most of the time.  Great app for stats.   With the Mavrk though my Strokes Gained with driver is actually -0.36, so basically, not good.  Not horrible, as the rest of my game balances it out.

While the Accra shaft gave the longest single shot, the Fujikura Evolution VI was overall the best dispersion.

Net results: gained 2 mph swing speed and 3.8 mph ball speed, raised smash to 1.49 (not up much), and brought the launch down to 14.5* whereas I was close to 16* before.  All in all, 5 - 7 yards gain carry, BUT I got a little more roll with the TSi2, sometimes as little at 5 more yards, but sometimes more (details later)

On the course:

I have been playing a lot lately at the coast.  Sea level, Norcal winter, that's right, ball not going that far.  And so far the TSi2 has been more friendly on the mishits and the little extra carry paying off on key holes.

Take this one for example:

HMB4.thumb.gif.38342a760d0568c26a65502d78b6cc2b.gif 

Short dogleg par 4.  From the back box, around 365 yards.  The smart play is straight ahead with hybrid or 3W, leave yourself 120-140 in.  No big deal. OR! Bash a fade over the bunker on right, it is 235 carry, kicks off the hill and leaves you 65 yards in.  Or, if you are Dechambeau, you just drive the green.  Anyways, not the smartest play, but fun, and now possible with the TSI2 vs Mavrk because before my push miss clipped the tree and dropped down, the TSI2 is not "pushing" it is holding the line/speed and getting enough carry.

And then there is the next hole, a 499 yd par 5.

HMB5.thumb.gif.efc8cfe6f0eb48168da9853c10caf9ee.gif

The play is down the right side, lots of room, and rolls good, you do not need 3W to get to the green in two.  But if you are on the right, you need a fade, and overdo it, water is waiting for you.  If you can carry the left bunkers and catch the downslope, you have iron into the green and water is not a problem.  That extra roll of the TSI2 has come in handy this past month.

Overall observations and revisit my 5 earlier points:

1. Looks - yes, looks great.  Love the all black, minimal alignment.

2. Yes, feels fast off the face; especially on the mishits.  As I stated before, and many rounds are backing it up, it just seems to hold the line on the off center hits and get plenty of speed.

3. Sound, it's a little tinny sounding, not loud at all, but honestly prefer the muted thwack on the Mavrk

4. Friendly on the misses towards the toe...I know, I said that, but big selling point.

5. Picked up between 5 - 7 yards...yes...but...I picked up some roll.  The carry distances are maybe just barely ahead of my Mavrk. 

Final Net:

I am still dialing in the TSi2 and getting the feel down.  Sometimes I am not liking the lighter shaft and I let one get away badly, not the Drivers fault, point being, I have not played it enough to have total confidence in it like I developed with the Mavrk.  That takes a little time, but time I am willing to put in.  It's going to stay in the bag.  I just may have to get the matching FW!

And while it is only 7 rounds in, strokes gained on Driver went from -0.36 to +0.15...potential is there!

Thanks all!  And thank you Titleist. I am having a great time!

Great post!

Although the Ventus looks like the best dispersion to me, Atleast the tightest grouping and consistent. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Another round in the books with the TSi2 driver today...  Started out hitting it really well, then about 5 holes in I just couldn't buy a fairway.  Teed off around 6:30 am and it was 45 degrees so I wasn't expecting much.  Highlight of my day was the Par 5 2nd hole.  It plays about 510-525 yds from our tees and if you hit it far enough in the center of the fairway, theres a hill you can catch for some extra roll.  I have not been hitting the TSi2 well so I was just trying to find a swing and I did on this tee shot.  I absolutely centered it off the club face and found the center of the fairway.  When I walked up I could not believe how far the ball made it down the fairway.  Lasered the pin at 224 and pulled the TSi2 3w... I was able to find another great swing and left that one about 15' from the pin for eagle...  I was shocked at how good both of those shots turned out... Even better, I did make the eagle putt.  It may have been the best hole I have ever played.. LOL

I proceeded to pummel the 3w off the tee on the next hole JUST missing the fairway left, made par, then again destroyed the TSi2 driver on the next hole to find the FW.  After that, it was a grind all day.  They were the only fairways I hit.  Irons and putter saved me though as I was able to finish +3 for the day but I really want to dial that TSi2 in to where those first few drives of the day can be my norm.  It is easily the longest driver I have hit yet and I think being fit into it was a huge help.  Titleist drivers require more attention to get the max out of them which I realize is tough for a lot of us but if you are able to commit to it and get the right fit, this driver is a really strong performer and will keep up with or surpass anything else out there.

Hoping to dial the accuracy, but the distance is most definitely there.

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

On 12/13/2020 at 8:42 PM, Nixhex524 said:

8 at Nicklaus.jpg

9 at stadium.jpg

10 at stadium.jpg

15 at Nicklaus.jpg

18 at Nicklaus tee.jpg

18 at Nicklaus.jpg

Stadium, love that course. Jealous. I haven't played it in 10 years. Need to get out there soon. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GolfChannel said:

I have committed to waiting for all the new releases for a new driver fit, note the G410+ has been in my bag since it's release. It barely beat out the SIM and the Speed Zone during this years fitting, but with a new shaft it just performs. I hit fairways and it more comes down to my own consistency with power output.

I have already been toying with the new stuff as it comes out and I honestly agree with what most are saying Tsi2 vs. Tsi3 and some observations I've had with the Tsi2 vs. the G410+.

First, I think the clubhead is heavier in the 2 vs. the 3. For me, I get the feeling of a heavy club (which is why I love the TS fairways) and it makes it easy to hit the ball well. The 2 isn't exponentially faster than the 410+, but it does retain speed better across the face better. It's kind of weird that I almost feel like I get more out of the Tsi2 not trying to swing fast versus going all out. I know we often complain about there being a point where drivers just give more output once you get a certain level of fast, but the Tsi2 feels like the opposite. I feel like it's going to kill with the "average" golfer.

Again, however, when I go for top end speed it isn't really all that special even if it admittedly sounds and feels AMAZING. My G410+ is still faster and easier to go all out at knowing the ball will always be playable.

Thanks for that. What is your driver SS? I'm 68 and mine tops out in low - mid 90's when I am really on. I think that puts me in the 'average to below average SS!" 

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

18 hours ago, wmblake2000 said:

Thanks for that. What is your driver SS? I'm 68 and mine tops out in low - mid 90's when I am really on. I think that puts me in the 'average to below average SS!" 

I get get to 114, but my cruising speed is 108.

I hit each on a “power outage” day when it seemed I was relentlessly stuck at 104z

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Another update:

One more round and a couple range sessions...

as CasualLie said, the TSi2 driver is very forgiving.  Hits toward the toe, and also low seems to go as far as centered shots off my 2016 M2 (side note - the fairway goes straighter than any fairway I’ve ever played, and also goes far).  

I also have the experience of dialing it in.  Not all there yet, but getting there.  It’s a confidence thing.

For me, I need to make sure to stay relaxed through the swing or I don’t get the full positive effects of the club and shaft.  But when I hit it flush, I get great distance.  I also see more roll out on good shots than my old driver.  On a good drive, I’m 5-20 yards longer on my home course.

This driver is terrific - the M2 is going up for sale.

Thanks again to GolfWRX and to Titleist.

One more thing:  I raved about it to my buddy - he hit one, bought one and loves it.  He raved about it to his buddy out of State who got fit and immediately bought one.  This driver sells itself!

• Like 1

Looks like JT went back to regular TS3 this weekend? I love the look of tsi 3 and have played several of Titleist previous drivers and always preferred Titleist. Was really looking forward to testing with all the people that have started playing. Makes me wonder with JT change. I’m either getting 410 lst or tsi 3. Joys of ho’ing

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

16 minutes ago, hackalot said:

Looks like JT went back to regular TS3 this weekend? I love the look of tsi 3 and have played several of Titleist previous drivers and always preferred Titleist. Was really looking forward to testing with all the people that have started playing. Makes me wonder with JT change. I’m either getting 410 lst or tsi 3. Joys of ho’ing

I feel like the TS3 is more forgiving than the TSi3.  Ball speeds may be a touch faster with the newer model but I found it to be tougher to control...  I think a TS3 with the right shaft is a really good option, the TSi3 just looks SO good down by the ball.  You may find the 410 LST to spin quite a bit more than the TSi3, that was the case for me.

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

My hand is finally feeling better and I was able to do more testing.  After a few positive rounds with the TSi3 its been giving me a little trouble off the tee. I finally got it dialed in on the last two holes and hit some great drives that were really long for me.  For the most part its a great driver, but I can't say its the most forgiving driver I have ever had.  At this time I can't say its going to stay in the bag very long.   I really like the alignment of the SIM driver and I do think after today's round the SIM might be just a little more forgiving.  Going to play again Thursday but right now I have to say I am leaning towards trying other drivers this season.  I think it's a really good driver but enough to make the bag, I don't think it is at this point.  This year everyone is coming to play, drivers are about equal now in performance I think it boils down to what you feel comfortable with.  I am not comfortable with this driver yet.  

001 TW Proto

On 12/7/2020 at 6:00 PM, cota0429 said:

The fitter said that above a certain speed players are getting higher ball speeds in the TSi3 because of improved aerodynamics over the TSi2.  

In the middle of the fitting I did go back to the SIM.  I didn’t strike it as good though because I was already in a groove with the TSi3.  Today I was able to put both of them on a GC quad, the TSi3 is on par with my SIM, slightly faster.  Also I got to 178 ball speed with the TSi3, with the SIM the highest I’ve seen is 176.   I’m going to finish the review this week as I was able to put a few rounds in with the TSi3.  

This interests me.  I’m currently testing drivers , and I’m very similar to you in shaft tastes , speed etc.   I played the sim max all this year , and currently am testing it with Accra rpg 472 m5+ and ventus red 6x  .... I want to get the tsi3 with a ventus red to test but haven’t been able to make it happen.   Yet.     

what I’m curious about is loft of the tsi3.  Traditionally in TM heads I like a 10.5 loft . To me they tend to launch lower than most.  I’m wondering if the tsi3 launched lower or same as your sim , loft for loft ?  I’m also a high spin player , so I have to walk the tightrope of not enough launch vs. too much spin because of actual loft.  

I’m liking  that you’re reporting that it’s fast. does the tsi3 like to be hit high on the face ?  That is my tendency to miss high.  The mavrik head I have for instance , does not do well with a higher toe miss. Comes off dead.  While the sim max seems to be lowest spin up there.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

9 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

This interests me.  I’m currently testing drivers , and I’m very similar to you in shaft tastes , speed etc.   I played the sim max all this year , and currently am testing it with Accra rpg 472 m5+ and ventus red 6x  .... I want to get the tsi3 with a ventus red to test but haven’t been able to make it happen.   Yet.     

what I’m curious about is loft of the tsi3.  Traditionally in TM heads I like a 10.5 loft . To me they tend to launch lower than most.  I’m wondering if the tsi3 launched lower or same as your sim , loft for loft ?  I’m also a high spin player , so I have to walk the tightrope of not enough launch vs. too much spin because of actual loft.  

I’m liking  that you’re reporting that it’s fast. does the tsi3 like to be hit high on the face ?  That is my tendency to miss high.  The mavrik head I have for instance , does not do well with a higher toe miss. Comes off dead.  While the sim max seems to be lowest spin up there.  

I wanted to test a Ventus Red as well but TPI didn't carry it.  My TM was 9* and in the TSi3 I was fitted into an 8* head but went with a 9* opened up to play 8.25*.  TSi3 launches a little higher for me vs the SIM.  Similarly with Callaway.  Missing it high on the face is what this driver does well.  I usually miss on the heel more myself.  

Edited by cota0429
  • Like 1

001 TW Proto

On 12/21/2020 at 8:30 PM, hackalot said:

He's one of the very few.  his dad is playing them, I'm not sure how he was hitting it during the father son. my little experience with the tsi3 is that it's one to have to get the feel down to get it dialed. I've yet to play them on the course but my short fitting it blew my ts3 metrics, feel, and looks out of the water for me. Excited to have a go on a nice warm DRY day lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cota0429 said:

I wanted to test a Ventus Red as well but TPI didn't carry it.  My TM was 9* and in the TSi3 I was fitted into an 8* head but went with a 9* opened up to play 8.25*.  TSi3 launches a little higher for me vs the SIM.  Similarly with Callaway.  Missing it high on the face is what this driver does well.  I usually miss on the heel more myself.  

Thanks. That helps a lot.  Fingers crossed I get to test the ventus red in the tsi3 and 2 heads today.  

• Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock