2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Titleist TSi Driver Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

8 hours ago, ry1808 said:

Just wait for the TSi4...

2400-2500 is perfect. It keeps me on the planet and they'll pry that TSi3 out of my cold dead fingers lol.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

On 1/26/2021 at 4:40 AM, Hookasaurus Rex said:

You are going to love it.  It should be appreciably more forgiving than the M2, imo.  I love the M2, sold the last of my M2 heads this past summer.  I find the TSi3 to be a perfect combo of forgiveness, spin, and distance.

Hi, can you do a comparison of your TSi3 and EFTD?  I remember you success with the latter in the past.  

Appreciate your thoughts!

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

2 hours ago, theadvocate_ivan said:

Hi, can you do a comparison of your TSi3 and EFTD?  I remember you success with the latter in the past.  

Appreciate your thoughts!

Sure!  I’ve not played them side by side, but I still own the EFSZ TD and have rotated it in one time since getting the TSi3 a few months ago....  The TSi3 has the EFTD beat by miles in terms of sound and feel- that part isn’t close.  I’d say Spin is pretty similar- on the lower side but not ultra low. Distance also seems to be similar- both are a good clip longer for me than the Mav TD, which I have since sold.  The EFTD is pretty fade biased with the weight in the neutral position, while the TSi3 seems like a very neutral head with the weight in the middle position.  One thing I love about the EFTD is I can never remember actually losing anything left with that head, in any setting.  I have lost a few left with the TSi3 when my swing gets sloppy.  Overall forgiveness goes to the TSi3 by a bit- most everything seems to be straight or a slight cut with the TSi3.  I always seemed to lose a few way right every round with the EFTD.

Both great drivers, but I’m really liking the TSi3.  I’ve hit a bunch of the new stuff and I still like the TSi3 the best.  Also really like the TSi2 in 8*- mulling over purchasing one as well.  Hope that helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Took the TSi2 out today in attempts to lock down a shaft, a Fuji Atmos TS blue 6x.  The shaft is great, but I am finding more success with the Aldila VS Proto 60x.  The combo just bombs it for me.  It's not quite as point and shoot as my PXG 0811 XF but confirming again, it is longer.  I keep finding places on the course with this driver that I have never hit to from the tee before and hoping some more time with it helps me really dial it in.

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

7 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Sure!  I’ve not played them side by side, but I still own the EFSZ TD and have rotated it in one time since getting the TSi3 a few months ago....  The TSi3 has the EFTD beat by miles in terms of sound and feel- that part isn’t close.  I’d say Spin is pretty similar- on the lower side but not ultra low. Distance also seems to be similar- both are a good clip longer for me than the Mav TD, which I have since sold.  The EFTD is pretty fade biased with the weight in the neutral position, while the TSi3 seems like a very neutral head with the weight in the middle position.  One thing I love about the EFTD is I can never remember actually losing anything left with that head, in any setting.  I have lost a few left with the TSi3 when my swing gets sloppy.  Overall forgiveness goes to the TSi3 by a bit- most everything seems to be straight or a slight cut with the TSi3.  I always seemed to lose a few way right every round with the EFTD.

Both great drivers, but I’m really liking the TSi3.  I’ve hit a bunch of the new stuff and I still like the TSi3 the best.  Also really like the TSi2 in 8*- mulling over purchasing one as well.  Hope that helps.

Thank you for the very informative and detailed comparison of both drivers. I would agree with you on the feel and sound department of EFTD, nothing can get worse with it. But the performance is just incredible.

follow up question, which launches higher given both head have same loft?

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

6 hours ago, theadvocate_ivan said:

Thank you for the very informative and detailed comparison of both drivers. I would agree with you on the feel and sound department of EFTD, nothing can get worse with it. But the performance is just incredible.

Loft for loft , I’d say the triple diamond launches slightly lower.  I play the TD 10.5* at 9.5* and the TSi3 at 9* and the TD is slightly lower in launch to my eye, though pretty similar- try to play a mid height cut with both.  I’m not using the same shaft, though, so ymmv- XC and Ventus Blue in TSi 3 and Aldila Copperhead 60TX in TD.

48 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Loft for loft , I’d say the triple diamond launches slightly lower.  I play the TD 10.5* at 9.5* and the TSi3 at 9* and the TD is slightly lower in launch to my eye, though pretty similar- try to play a mid height cut with both.  I’m not using the same shaft, though, so ymmv- XC and Ventus Blue in TSi 3 and Aldila Copperhead 60TX in TD.

Thanks again for the comparison. I have the same loft in the TD, 10.5 down to 9.5 although with a Diamana DF in it. Curious why the pros play the ventus red with the TSi3. That gives me the impression it launches lower. But then again, they are pros and can manipulate the ball easily 😊

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

19 hours ago, theadvocate_ivan said:

Thanks again for the comparison. I have the same loft in the TD, 10.5 down to 9.5 although with a Diamana DF in it. Curious why the pros play the ventus red with the TSi3. That gives me the impression it launches lower. But then again, they are pros and can manipulate the ball easily 😊

I know some people feel the TSi3 launches relatively low, although I haven’t seen that. As far as the Pros go, those guys do what they do.  I mean Jimmy Walker is in an 8* TSi3 with a Ventus Black 10X shaft, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

I know some people feel the TSi3 launches relatively low, although I haven’t seen that. As far as the Pros go, those guys do what they do.  I mean Jimmy Walker is in an 8* TSi3 with a Ventus Black 10X shaft, lol.

I agree. I was assuming it would launch real low as well, but after a fitting on a GCQuad I ended up in a 8* head.

I was getting 14* launch with 1900 spin with an 8* head and a Tensei AV White 65X. I haven’t been able to get on course yet, but if those numbers are real this thing will be a bomber.

Paradym 3D Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Edel SMS 54* & 60*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

On 2/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, theadvocate_ivan said:

How was your performance speed and distance of the TSI3 Vs the EFTD? I have mine 9 deg turned down to 8 with Accra TZ6 amd nothing has come close to it, even though the sound and feel at times is off putting.

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

41 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

I agree. I was assuming it would launch real low as well, but after a fitting on a GCQuad I ended up in a 8* head.

I was getting 14* launch with 1900 spin with an 8* head and a Tensei AV White 65X. I haven’t been able to get on course yet, but if those numbers are real this thing will be a bomber.

Those are great for SIM numbers, but I still haven’t seen a pro go sub 2K on any fitting or any reported fitting numbers.

Even at 170-180+ ball speed most are between 2200 and 2600 spin.

That’s not to say it won’t work for you, but what I’ve found is the curvature is so much greater when you get sub 2200. 
Here’s an example of my on course speed yesterday, with the TSI3 10* and Ventus Black 6x tipped 0.5”, 45.25”.

I loved the minimal curvature with this combo

B36B2296-0346-47D6-96F4-5FFE4B0117D9.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

Those are great for SIM numbers, but I still haven’t seen a pro go sub 2K on any fitting or any reported fitting numbers.

That’s not to say it won’t work for you, but what I’ve found is the curvature is so much greater when you get sub 2200. 
Here’s an example of my on course speed yesterday, with the TSI3 10* and Ventus Black 6x tipped 0.5”, 45.25”.

Flexxxxxxxxxxx .... frozen rope

• Haha 1

TSi3 was stolen from me.  By my son.  We put a Ventus Black in it.  It’s incredible for him.  He is coming from the SIM and this has been the best setup he’s ever had.  I’ve been comparing it with the Srixon X7.  While the Srixon is a great driver the TSi3 just comes off the face so hot.  Really have no complaints about the TSi3.  It’s just legit 

• Like 4

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

20 hours ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

What altitude are you at? I've never seen 165 ball speed get 290 carry but maybe I am not optimized like that.

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

38 minutes ago, ryan84 said:

What altitude are you at? I've never seen 165 ball speed get 290 carry but maybe I am not optimized like that.

According to FlightScope's trajectory optimizer, almost 6,000 feet.

• Like 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

On 2/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, Hookasaurus Rex said:

On 2/8/2021 at 12:40 AM, djhgolf said:

How was your performance speed and distance of the TSI3 Vs the EFTD? I have mine 9 deg turned down to 8 with Accra TZ6 amd nothing has come close to it, even though the sound and feel at times is off putting.

Ohh I have yet to try the TSi3, still deciding ok the loft but I think I’ll go with a 9* head

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

8 hours ago, ryan84 said:

I've always thought the same I'm close to the swing speed ball speed but my club angles to the ball limit me which means shorter distance. His club path angles are great to he's able to capitalize with doing so

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, IL2AZ said:

Purchased a preowned Tsi3 9 degree with AV White 65 stiff shaft this weekend.  Was seeing 3+ mph more ballspeed than my 2016 M2 and a Sim Max which is the first time I have experienced an appreciable increase in years.  An added bonus is the look, sound and feel are second to none.  Hoping to get it out on the course this week and see if the preliminary gains are real.  

How did the launch compare to your 16 m2? I played the 9.5 in that and flight was just about perfect.

14 minutes ago, FIJI said:

How did the launch compare to your 16 m2? I played the 9.5 in that and flight was just about perfect.

I played the M2 10.5 one click to lower and the 9 TSi3 in A1 and the launch was lower in the TSi3.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

10 minutes ago, IL2AZ said:

I played the M2 10.5 one click to lower and the 9 TSi3 in A1 and the launch was lower in the TSi3.

I suspected that the 10 is probably gonna be the loft I want in the TSi3 as I definitely wouldn’t want it any lower than the 16 m2. When I hit the TS3 9.5, it surprisingly launched higher than my 10* g400LST. I know I should hit both the 9 and the 10, but sometimes us golfers just want to buy things. 

I have been experimenting with some other toys lately but I have a feeling the TSi2 is going to make it back in the back very soon.  Been working out some kinks in the swing and last range trip again showed the TSi2 carrying further than anything else.  Love the G410 LST but the Titleist has proven it can really drop some bombs.  Went back to the setup I was fit into and really started feeling it again....

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Tsi4 here.  8* head set in c1, so 7*.  Tensei white prototype 2.0 TX.

Finally got some time on a launch monitor: avg 181 ball speed, 15* launch, 2100 rpm.  I know the issue is my angle of attack, but gotta say I'm very impressed.  Getting over 180 ball speed on my gamer easy pull cut swing to take the snap hooks out of play has me VERY excited for this season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bdck said:

Tsi4 here.  8* head set in c1, so 7*.  Tensei white prototype 2.0 TX.

Finally got some time on a launch monitor: avg 181 ball speed, 15* launch, 2100 rpm.  I know the issue is my angle of attack, but gotta say I'm very impressed.  Getting over 180 ball speed on my gamer easy pull cut swing to take the snap hooks out of play has me VERY excited for this season.

How long of a wait was there for the 2.0 TX? Placed an order last week and they are saying end of April for it.