• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got mine and warming up to it right now.  It fits my eyes.  Definitely a classic blade design.  Very clean sharp lines and has a great feel to it.  I love a clean, non branded look so went

Great idea this putter producer has, especially if it can get players away from using the sledgehammer 350 gram heads that the mainstream companies are selling.

The Arizonan comes in 2 head weights, the Player is 335g and the Long Tail is 350g. So he has 326g, 335g and 350g which are offerings you hardly see these days from someone. 

Posted Images

Didn't he just finish pre-order or did they ship out? His last line actually came out pretty nice, these are nice too and with 2 different weight options which is nice for a lot of guys. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

10 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

His last line actually came out pretty nice, these are nice too and with 2 different weight options which is nice for a lot of guys. 

The weight of Tiger's famous putter head is likely 318 to 322 grams. What are the weight's offered for this G.O.A.T. putter head ?

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

1 minute ago, Fairway14 said:

The weight of Tiger's famous putter head is likely 318 to 322 grams. What are the weight's offered for this G.O.A.T. putter head ?

The Son of a GOAT line is 326g. He also has a line called the Arizona that is 335g. 

Matt - His post on 6 Nov said he had a limited number of heads available on the website. So I'm not sure if that was a pre-order or some ready to ship. I thought his original GOAT line came out nicely as well.

Tiger's putter is 326grams.

So there's a couple minute differences between this putter above and Tigers...  The cavity in Tiger's has a little bit shaved off versus the above there isn't much.  This is a great way to get a little more weight in the head, along with a solid feel.  Secondly, the top line is flat, versus I "think" Tiger's is slightly rounded.

All in all, I actually prefer the above putter design, I think it's fantastic.  

Here's tiger's putter for reference:

Tiger Woods's putter: Return of a legend | Golfweek

9 minutes ago, paulman21 said:

The Son of a GOAT line is 326g. He also has a line called the Arizona that is 335g. 

Matt - His post on 6 Nov said he had a limited number of heads available on the website. So I'm not sure if that was a pre-order or some ready to ship. I thought his original GOAT line came out nicely as well.

Great idea this putter producer has, especially if it can get players away from using the sledgehammer 350 gram heads that the mainstream companies are selling.

• Like 1

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Agreed. I'm very particular about my putters. They have to be 330g (or slightly lighter), have only a site dot, and look a very particular way. I've bought and sold a handful of Anser/Newport 2 style heads because they just didn't fit my eye...and as mentioned above, most modern putters don't come close to 330g unless they have removable weights. This putter ticks all the boxes for me

You can buy a 2020 scotty and adjust the weights to get in this 320-330g wheelhouse.  

If the specs of this putter are what the buyer is seeking, they could really love it but for the people buying it because it's a Tiger woods replica putter, a lot of them are going to struggle with it, especially on short putts.  

15 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Tiger's putter is 326grams.

So there's a couple minute differences between this putter above and Tigers...  The cavity in Tiger's has a little bit shaved off versus the above there isn't much.  This is a great way to get a little more weight in the head, along with a solid feel.  Secondly, the top line is flat, versus I "think" Tiger's is slightly rounded.

All in all, I actually prefer the above putter design, I think it's fantastic.  

Here's tiger's putter for reference:

Tiger Woods's putter: Return of a legend | Golfweek

I think the Son of a GOAT does have the cavity milled out a bit. It's just really hard to see in the renderings. In the isometric view (1st pic) I think I see that little curved fillet on the upper toe side of the cavity created when it's milled out a bit

5 minutes ago, paulman21 said:

The Arizonan comes in 2 head weights, the Player is 335g and the Long Tail is 350g. So he has 326g, 335g and 350g which are offerings you hardly see these days from someone. 

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

3 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

You can buy a 2020 scotty and adjust the weights to get in this 320-330g wheelhouse.  

If the specs of this putter are what the buyer is seeking, they could really love it but for the people buying it because it's a Tiger woods replica putter, a lot of them are going to struggle with it, especially on short putts.  

True. But Cameron won't make an OTR with a site dot anymore.

Agreed 100%. I only settled on a ~330g weight by testing multiple putter weights. I hope others would do the same (for the sake of their game) 😆

55 minutes ago, paulman21 said:

True. But Cameron won't make an OTR with a site dot anymore.

Agreed 100%. I only settled on a ~330g weight by testing multiple putter weights. I hope others would do the same (for the sake of their game) 😆

Very true.  If you want a site dot or naked setup, you have to go elsewhere or to a overpriced older model.  

A couple years ago I added a site dot to my '99 tei3 long neck, which is in the 330g range.  It's a little light for my preference but that's because I'm in the midwest where it's normal to play in 15-25 mph wind.  

What do these Goats run price-wise?  $650-700?

20181202_152600_resized.jpg.30294f0ac619081a3af1bd062ade2d07.jpg

3 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

Very true.  If you want a site dot or naked setup, you have to go elsewhere or to a overpriced older model.  

A couple years ago I added a site dot to my '99 tei3 long neck, which is in the 330g range.  It's a little light for my preference but that's because I'm in the midwest where it's normal to play in 15-25 mph wind.  

$349 for just a head, $449 for head, shaft, and grip

Just now, Rory4Pres said:

Wow that's cheap by today's standards.  Bummer my stroke and game isn't like Tigers.  

Wall hanger, guys drop 10k on a Scotty to wall hang why not $350? 

Lefty WITB

39 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Wall hanger, guys drop 10k on a Scotty to wall hang why not $350? 

Come on now, who wants to hang a knock off on the wall? haha.  they aren't going up in value sitting there, nor are they going to amaze anyone.  Most $10k putters don't see the course because the owner doesn't want to actually pay for the lost value in using them.

This just reminds me of Timeless putters, who copied the dimensions exactly into a cad file, then had china make a ton of them for cheap, and went on to rip off the timeless name that Scotty uses to name high end newport 2s.  

Here the guy did the same thing with Tiger's putter and then gave it a name that tells you it's basically tiger's putter without having to pay the rights for it.  At least he only put G on the putters so nobody can sue him.

I really don't care honestly, knock offs are a great way for normal people to get a really cool putter.  Scotty and Tiger don't need anymore money, they are fine.  

• Like 1

See, I think he's doing himself a bit of a disservice by associating it with Tiger. Half the comments in the previous thread were "this is just a bad knockoff". If he had named it something random, we may be having a different conversation. Like most putter makers, their inspiration comes from somewhere. This putter may instead be appreciated as a nice Anser 2/NP2 style putter or a design inspired by Tiger's putter and not considered a knockoff.

On the other hand, association with Tiger may sell more putters to those not looking to game them.

Regardless, I think he's hitting a sector of the market that has been ignored/forgotten about. 

I just ordered a Tiger dup putter that’ll be here tomorrow from a different maker. Would I of loved to own a Cameron copy? Sure.  Would I ever own a 5 figure dollar amount putter? Absolutely not.   I own a tour rat that I traded for a long long time ago in college from the team Titleist rep before they were “cool”.   Having that thing in my bag with a incognito head cover is enough to make me uncomfortable leaving my bag anywhere. 

Edited by Phabs

Taylormade M3 9*  Fuji Velocore 6x 

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

2 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

Come on now, who wants to hang a knock off on the wall? haha.  they aren't going up in value sitting there, nor are they going to amaze anyone.  Most $10k putters don't see the course because the owner doesn't want to actually pay for the lost value in using them.

This just reminds me of Timeless putters, who copied the dimensions exactly into a cad file, then had china make a ton of them for cheap, and went on to rip off the timeless name that Scotty uses to name high end newport 2s.  

Here the guy did the same thing with Tiger's putter and then gave it a name that tells you it's basically tiger's putter without having to pay the rights for it.  At least he only put G on the putters so nobody can sue him.

I really don't care honestly, knock offs are a great way for normal people to get a really cool putter.  Scotty and Tiger don't need anymore money, they are fine.  

I'm not saying it has to be to that extend, I have a few putters I won't really use but have in my collection just because they're unique and cool. Plus sometimes fun to putt with on carpet.

Lefty WITB

4 hours ago, Lobby said:

I wonder how much an original Ping Anser 2 weighs?

The head weight of an original Ping Anser 2 is approximately 315 grams.

• Like 1

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

14 hours ago, paulman21 said:

See, I think he's doing himself a bit of a disservice by associating it with Tiger. Half the comments in the previous thread were "this is just a bad knockoff". If he had named it something random, we may be having a different conversation. Like most putter makers, their inspiration comes from somewhere. This putter may instead be appreciated as a nice Anser 2/NP2 style putter or a design inspired by Tiger's putter and not considered a knockoff.

On the other hand, association with Tiger may sell more putters to those not looking to game them.

Regardless, I think he's hitting a sector of the market that has been ignored/forgotten about. 

Definitely agree with you there regarding the site dot and head weight.  Heck, even the no milling face is rare these days.

13 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I'm not saying it has to be to that extend, I have a few putters I won't really use but have in my collection just because they're unique and cool. Plus sometimes fun to putt with on carpet.

Definitely agree.  Too bad this one is not a long neck for me and left handed for you, haha!

Just now, Rory4Pres said:

Definitely agree with you there regarding the site dot and head weight.  Heck, even the no milling face is rare these days.

Definitely agree.  Too bad this one is not a long neck for me and left handed for you, haha!

Exactly, been kinda itching for an old 2 style putter and this could have been it for the price point but life as a lefty lol. 

Lefty WITB

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

Believe it or not, his recent Instagram posts have been teasing this putter with a long neck config. So that might not be too far down the road.

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Exactly, been kinda itching for an old 2 style putter and this could have been it for the price point but life as a lefty lol. 

He has mentioned if there is enough interest, he may make lefties. I would recommend DMing him on Instagram to let him know you're interested

Just now, paulman21 said:

Believe it or not, his recent Instagram posts have been teasing this putter with a long neck config. So that might not be too far down the road.

He has mentioned if there is enough interest, he may make lefties. I would recommend DMing him on Instagram to let him know you're interested

I'm not dying for this putter but I know there will be other lefties messaging him so I may piggy back on them. Will also depend which one he releases for lefties since there are 3 options. 

Lefty WITB

I seem to recall him saying he could meet most loft/lie requests. I'm unsure if that's through a slight design alteration or bending a finished putter.

On the weight topic, ask and you shall receive (see pic). I'm always a fan if buying a putter that's too light. Lead tape is cheap and easy. I don't want to test my metalworking skills with a grinding wheel on a putter that's too heavy with no adjustable weights.

20201202_114154.jpg

On 12/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, Rory4Pres said:

If it is a SOLE stamp its worth a lot more then $400-500 which I have a feeling yours is ???

I note this as you have the CAMERON name on the back of the neck and most say Titleist.  There are some of the originals (first 500 made) lurking around that have the Sole stamp but have different markings as yours has with Cameron on the neck not Titleist.  Those ones were milled by Berttinardi and built by Scotty so best of both worlds. 

I was very lucky to pick up one of the first 500 made models of a Newport and it came with certification from Cameron.   Love the putter.  

Edit: FYI I am not familiar with Long Neck models but the Newport's that are real rare of the TeL3 say Cameron on the neck with sole stamp. Those are first article ones. 

Edited by CDM
12 hours ago, paulman21 said:

I seem to recall him saying he could meet most loft/lie requests. I'm unsure if that's through a slight design alteration or bending a finished putter.

On the weight topic, ask and you shall receive (see pic). I'm always a fan if buying a putter that's too light. Lead tape is cheap and easy. I don't want to test my metalworking skills with a grinding wheel on a putter that's too heavy with no adjustable weights.

20201202_114154.jpg

While this seems great in theory, he is essentially designing a poorly balanced putter where the heel will either weigh too much or too little.  This will likely move the sweet spot and possibly impact the spin of the ball.  We aren't talking by leaps and bounds but there could be minor impacts from this.